West London Dermatology Centre Reviews

68% of reviewers recommend West London Dermatology Centre

www.dermclinic.co.uk

227-229 Chiswick High Road, Chiswick

How would you rate West London Dermatology Centre ?

"The receptionist is extremely rude. I will not be coming back here again."
"I was a patient at West London Dermatology Centre for some time. However, an incident that occurred in April is worth sharing. I Googled to see other peoples experience and there seems to be a pattern here. The issue with the clinic is that they don't disclose if there are fees when someone books an appointment, and they latter use threatening and intimidating tactics to get people to pay. Back in April, I wanted to see a doctor, who will not be named but I will refer to him as Dr X, for hyperpigmentation treatment. Dr X was my previous doctor when I had laser acne scar treatment at the West London Dermatology Centre. However, the treatment left me with very subtle skin darkening – also called hyperpigmentation— which was expected from this type of treatment. Dr X said it will improve over time, around 6 months, but if I wanted the hyperpigmentation treated, I should phone back to see him at the West London Dermatology Centre for further treatment. After a year, I phoned the West London Dermatology Centre to have the hyperpigmentation treated. When I phoned, I told the receptionist that I’m a patient of Dr X and that the previous treatments left me with a slight darkening of the skin. I told her that I would like to book an appointment with Dr X because he was the doctor who previously treated me. She said that’s fine and booked me for Thursday at 2 pm. I arrived at the clinic and told the receptionist that I’m here to see Dr X. She gave me a form to fill out and said Dr Chu is in the other room and I should wait outside. She gave me forms to fill out, but I was very confused to why she said Dr Chu and not Dr X. I thought Dr X maybe off sick and had one of his colleague cover for him. After the consultation, the receptionist told me to pay £200. I was confused and asked why. She said it’s the consultation fee. I asked, “what consultation fee”. She said, “Dr Chu charges £200 for consultation”. I told her that I was not told about any consultation fee and explained to her that I came here to see Dr X because I am a patient of his, and there must have been a misunderstanding. She checked my details and said “well, you haven’t seen Dr X in a year, and the person who booked with Dr Chu has been working here for many years. I don’t think she would book you in with him without telling you there is a consultation fee so....” I told her that “if there was a consultation fee, I would not have come, and It will be silly for me to come to the consultation and not pay”.I gave her Dr X website which has a telephone number to phone for appointments. She said “yeah, that’s us. We charge consultation fees” I told her that no one told me about consultation. She became aggressive and said, “well, you had the consultation, so, you’re paying”. I told her that I was not told about the consultation fee and if she if would let it go as a misunderstanding. She said" You’re not leaving here without paying £200.” I told her again there has been a misunderstanding, but she got even more aggressive than before and shouted at me. She said, “look, the person who booked you has been working here for many years. She must have told you there was a consultation fee. It's your words against her. And judging by you, well..." I was in shock that she accused me of lying. There were also two other patients that heard the entire conversation. And what does she mean by "judging by you"? Do I look like a thief or a thug? Is this a racist insult because I'm brown? She was looking up and down at me as she said this, so I know she was attacking my appearance. I asked her to speak with Dr Chu and asked if she could explain to him what I said. She got up and nudged me out the way and stormed off to Dr Chu’s office. After a minute, she came back and said, “Dr Chu said he will reduce the consultation fee to £120”. I told her I’m not paying. Again, she shouted at me and said, “Well, you’re not leaving with paying.” I asked if I could speak to Dr Chu. She got up stormed off out the room in an aggressive manner, and Dr Chu came out to the reception. He came out and looked very angry and said, “what’s the problem? Why are you not paying?” I told him that I was meant to see Dr X and not him, and there has been a misunderstanding.  He said very aggressively “You can see anyone you want. I don’t care. Frankly, Dr X is not very good at what he does. I am – I’m the best. I have been doing dermatology for decades – he hasn’t.  I know what I’m doing – Dr X doesn’t know what he is doing.” I was shocked. Dr Chu, who has been practising medicine for decades, defamed his colleague, Dr X, who’s a well-respected NHS GP. Dr Chu accused Dr X of being incompetent. I was speechless and was trying to figure out what to say. Dr X is an amazing doctor, and is very understanding and very intelligent. Dr Chu has no right to defame another doctor. I said to him, “wow, I can’t believe this happening. I told you there has been a misunderstanding. I told the receptionist to book me with Dr X, but she booked me with you.” Dr Chu shouted at me and said, “I don’t care! The person who booked you has been working here for years, and I don’t think she would make that mistake. You came here knowing you were going to see me and there was a consultation fee. At this point, I was going to leave. I told Dr Chu that I’m leaving. He said. “Fine! Go ahead and leave! Next time you come here you will pay for the entire consultation fee.” I couldn’t believe the entire incident happened.  As I left, I looked at the receptionist and she gave me a cold stare. I was shocked by the whole incident, and I ended up taking the wrong bus to the Overground Station and didn’t notice it after a while. I was very angry at the way they treated me. I sent Dr Chu an angry email and CC’d Dr X in the email, so he also knows what Dr Chu said about him in front of everyone. Dr X later phoned me asked me to explain the incident. After I told him, he said he did a full investigation into who booked me in and found out that it was a new different secretary who booked me in, and she didn’t know the system very well. He apologised for the incident. However, I did not get an apology from Dr Chu or the receptionist. They both accused me of being a thief and a liar in front of other people. They shouted at me and made me feel depressed to the point I wanted to cry.  It is clear that Dr Chu has no sense of manners or self-respect.  He is highly unprofessional and extremely rude. He defamed his colleague and accused him of being incompetent and unable to do his job. I did some research and found out that others have also experienced the same with Dr Chu and West London Dermatology Centre. Please see the images below of people not being told about the hidden fees and later forced to pay."
"I have been seeing pro chu for the last 3 Yrs. He is a wonderful man and I feel privledge to be treated by him. He has really helped me with my facial scaring and my skin is looking so much better. Can not recommend this clinic enough."
"Booked for laser hair removal, upon the free consultation not only was i asked what i came for but 25 pounds. In no way is that free. Then told it would cost me a bomb even though the website stated for 8 sessions is 50% off. Consulatant was really unfriendly and didnt feel at ease at all. Quick to take your money with nothing explained"
"First of all, the receptionist was not the normal receptionist and she was rude. I was there for a free consultation. The beautician called me in and asked me, “what can I do for you?” There was no explanation about what the free consultation would entail and she didn’t even know what I was there for! When I told her I was there for the free consultation for laser hair removal, she asked me a few questions and told me she will do a patch test. She got me to strip to my underwear and sit on the chair when she remembered about papaerwork, which she went to get and told me to sign it. I wasn’t really given any time to read through it but with a quick scan, I noticed it said that I had to pay £25 for the patch test! When I confronted the beautician she said oh it’s taken off the price of the treatment when I pay for it. But I hadn’t even decided I wanted to get the procedure done at that clinic! At that point I just agreed to it but I feel like I was cornered into the price package from this free consultation. Next time I am definitely not going back here and would not recommend this clinic."
"Very helpful consultation, and care plan."
"Excellent clinic staff are really nice."
"I recently went for a consultation and had the first course of my treatment. The staff were so helpful and the consultation was very informative and it was decided the best treatment for me was regenelite laser together with skinova skin peel. The process was very straightforward and everything was explained to me clearly. I would definatley recommend,"
"I went to the centre for my laser hair removal consultation last week, and I really enjoyed the experience. The doctor, Lina, was so polite and made me feel at total ease. She took me through the procedure and explained every detail and answered all my questions. I feel very excited about having my treatment done, and the patch test was pain-free!"
"I have been using WLDC for over three years and I always find the staff there to be extremely knowledgeable and professional. I am delighted with the results of the regenlite lasering as it seems to be very effective at holding time at bay. I really notice how much it helps stimulate my collagen production and couldn't possible do without it! My other favourite treatment at WLDC is to have a series of masques followed by microdermabrasion. It leaves my skin with the most fabulous glow. Highly recommended."
"I was incredibly nervous before my hair transplant as I didn't know what to expect. This was my first experience at a dermatology centre but the staff were very friendly and made me feel relaxed during my visit. Before my hair transplant I felt older than I am, but after the treatment I feel like a new man. My insecurity has transformed into confidence and I wish I'd had the treatment sooner!"
"Having certain beauty treatments can be a bit to intruding. Saying that, the approach the staff at the WLDC has is impecable. They are vey professional and friendly. Making you feel comfortable from the moment you step in the clinic to the the duration of each treatment. As well as being ready to help with any question you can have and any problem that needs to be solve. I am glad I have been treat in this centre"
"I've been going to the West London Dermatology Centre for years for acne and other skin problems and my experience has been excellent in terms of medical treatment and customer service. I highly recommend it!"
"My experience at West London Dermatology Centre was very pleasant, I had the non-surgical skin rejuvenation and my skin feels fresh and glowing. The customer service is excellent and I would definitely recommend the clinic to my friends and family."
"I had an excellent experience at the centre. The staff are all very helpful and most of all knowledgeable. Would highly recommend!"
"The staff are really nice and my skin has improved a lot. I would have never guessed my skin would be this clear. Would highly recommend!"
"Very nice experience, staff are friendly and there's a really good atmosphere inside! Would definitely go back if I have to. Recommend to everyone!"
"Great clinic with professional and friendly staff. I'm very happy with the results from my laser hair removal treatment of my lower legs. I'm only halfway through my course but I can already see amazing results! I'm very impressed and highly recommend this clinic."
"What a find! Great experience, Thank you I have recently had 2 skin rejuvenation treatments and am so pleased with the results, my skin is glowing The team are kind and explain the process in detail, I am looking forward to going back soon"
"Very professional and friendly staff. Just finished course of xero programme and am very impressed with results will need a new suit now !"
West London Dermatology Centre is rated 4.00 based on 28 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!