Independent Cottages Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Independent Cottages

About Independent Cottages: We're passionate about holidays in the UK, and promote independently owned, self-catering holiday accommodation. Our independence means that we don't charge hidden commissions to owners, or booking fees to holiday makers, and we aim to keep it that way.

sarah@independentcottages.co.uk

The Willows,Wood Hill,Meopham

D Wintle
"I have been with Sarah Jarvis, and Independent Cottages for some 5 years, and cannot speak highly enough of the web site. At circa £150 per annum, the platform gives me all the tools necessary to both advertise and mange our lovely holiday apartment in Wasdale, Western Lake District. I have had little need to bother Sarah because the site provides me with all I need, but even when I rarely make contact, the support is excellent."
C Franklin
"The only company I have actually stayed with for the whole time we've had our holiday cottage, reasonably priced and brings in most of our bookings. They have a very easy to use website and I know they are on the other end of the phone - in this country - should I need them."
S Turnham
"We have advertised Annet Cottage on the Independent Cottages website for many years now and are very happy with the service. Sarah is very helpful and always quick to reply to any query. We particularly like the "last minute offers" part of the website which is available at no extra charge."
"I have been successfully letting my self catering accommodation for about fifteen years through another company who have decided to take online bookings only. This obviously doesn't suit me for a myriad of reasons, I like to have contact with my guests personally for a start, and I found Independent Cottages just at the right moment - and as they were launching their new website. Not only have I received lots of bookings via their website, but they have been nothing but helpful, friendly, organised and efficient - I honestly can't recommend them more highly."
"I have been advertising my holiday cottage with Independent Cottages for just over a year now. Not only are they very reasonable priced, they do not whack a charge onto the customer’s bill unlike most other online holiday booking sites. I have consistently found them to be extremely helpful and efficient. They helped us set up our listing with our information and photos and it all went very smoothly. I love the fact that we are in control over the whole booking process. The system is easy to use/ update yourself. You can have loads of photos and information on there, which our customers have fed back to us that they have been impressed with. We have had quite a number of bookings now which we wouldn’t have had otherwise. I can wholeheartedly recommend Independent Cottages to anyone currently or thinking about holiday letting their property."
"I am very happy advertising my Self-Catering Holiday Homes with Independent Cottages. The website is easy to understand and use and Sarah is on hand either by telephone or email. I Highly recommend to all."
"We have been using this site for some years now, and it generates a large proportion of our business. Its very user friendly and we can adapt different parts of the site easily, and should we need to change photos and script that is always done quickly and efficiently. We would recommend Independent Cottages to anyone starting out in the holiday let business."
"Great website and service from Independent Cottages. Everything works really well."
"We have advertised our two holiday homes through independent cottages for many years. It always produces bookings and is reasonably price. Sarah is always helpful on the phone and changes the ads immediately when asked. I would recommend using their website above any others."
"An excellent, well run site. Huge number of beautiful holiday properties to rent in the UK. Holiday makers get to freely contact the owners from the start. No commissions, no booking fees. Great to see an independent site holding its head high in the face of the larger portal sites who fleece both owners and guests. I’d highly recommend Independent Cottages; and they’re great people to deal with too."
"The web site is very easy to use - straight forward, well defined in areas to use and not hampered by having to put in useless information which isn't relevant to what the owner needs when marking a week as booked. An easy to use site for owners who just want to record booked weeks on their calendar. Thank you for making life easy!"
"Decided to try a listing with Independent Cottages to supplement our own website and other referral websites that we use. The IC website seemed to rank well when I tried a few random Google search terms for self-catered cottages in our region, and this was instrumental in my decision to advertise with them. Communications from IC were excellent - very quick responses kept me fully informed - far better than what I was used to from the other sites I advertise with. Once logged in to the owners area I was impressed with the intuitive, comprehensive and easy-to-use management kit. It proved very easy to manage bookings and update prices, etc. Indeed I will probably now use this platform for recording details for all my bookings, not just those via IC. Amazingly I received an enquiry within minutes of my listing going live... an enquiry that converted into a firm booking and so effectively paid for the year's subscription on day one! I could not be more pleased and have no hesitation in recommending Independent Cottages to other owners."
"We have been advertising our cottage since January 2018. Very professional service and and the advert has sent us many lovely customers. Sarah is easily contactable by phone or email if we need her."
"We initially chose Independent cottages to advertise our holiday cottage due to their high ranking on internet searches applicable to our search criteria. Following a period of falling enquiries from our existing platform, we cannot begin to say how delighted we are with the level of enquiries and bookings that we have taken in just a few short days since our advert went live. we are extremely impressed with the ease of use of the site and the level of help and support that we have received from Sarah when setting up, and since going live, we have no hesitation in recommending to others."
"After leaving a well known market leading company because of their change in policy and direction we discovered Independent Cottages two months ago. Not only did they prove to be extremely friendly and helpful in placing us on their site, more importantly, the response to that ad. has been great. We have filled the high season weeks that were, up till then, most unusually, still free, had a great a response to a late availability ad. and even taken bookings for 2019. All in two short months. It bodes well for our continuing relationship and I heartily recommend them to all independent owners of all types of property. A big thank you is due to Sarah and all her colleagues!!!"
"Very helpful and pleasant to deal with. The site is easy to use and update. The bookings we have received via this site certainly justifies the modest fee charged."
"We have been advertising our holiday properties with Independent Cottages for some 7 years now and have been very pleased with the number of enquires and bookings we receive via their site, with the always friendly and prompt service we get from Sarah and co and with their customer-friendly website. Excellent value for money."
"Of all the sites that I list my holiday cottage with Independent Cottages were the first site I listed with and my favourite. Lovely website, very helpful and I get a good number of bookings via them."
"I have had lots of enquiries through advertising with Independent Cottages. Their website is good and you just get an Email with the information you need to contact the client directly. Very satisfied and I am now going to put my other holiday home on with them. It is good to have a someone who appreciates that you wish to deal direct with the client from the beginning."
"This is our second year of advertising with Independent Cottages & we have been very pleased with the advert which Sarah created for us & we really like the website, attractive & easy to use. Sarah has been very friendly & helpful. We are very keen to stay as independent cottage owners so we will be staying with Independent Cottages, many thanks."
"Sarah was very helpful when I was setting up the ad and she is always friendly & quick to respond. We get lots of enquiries through the site. Updating our ad is quick and easy, and the late offer option is great. I would definitely recommend Independent Cottages to advertise your holiday home."
Independent Cottages is rated 4.96 based on 344 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!