Independent Cottages Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Independent Cottages

About Independent Cottages: We're passionate about holidays in the UK, and promote independently owned, self-catering holiday accommodation. Our independence means that we don't charge hidden commissions to owners, or booking fees to holiday makers, and we aim to keep it that way.

sarah@independentcottages.co.uk

The Willows,Wood Hill,Meopham

Verified Buyer
"The only company I have actually stayed with for the whole time we've had our holiday cottage, reasonably priced and brings in most of our bookings. They have a very easy to use website and I know they are on the other end of the phone - in this country - should I need them."
S Turnham
"We have advertised Annet Cottage on the Independent Cottages website for many years now and are very happy with the service. Sarah is very helpful and always quick to reply to any query. We particularly like the "last minute offers" part of the website which is available at no extra charge."
J Weston
"i have been using Independent Cottages for many years. I always find that Sarah answers any queries I have almost by return of email."
N & Leigh White
Verified Buyer
"This is our second year of advertising with Independent Cottages & we have been very pleased with the advert which Sarah created for us & we really like the website, attractive & easy to use. Sarah has been very friendly & helpful. We are very keen to stay as independent cottage owners so we will be staying with Independent Cottages, many thanks."
"Sarah was very helpful when I was setting up the ad and she is always friendly & quick to respond. We get lots of enquiries through the site. Updating our ad is quick and easy, and the late offer option is great. I would definitely recommend Independent Cottages to advertise your holiday home."
F Townsend
Verified Buyer
"I have advertised the cottages at Hartsop Hall through Independent Cottages for many years and have always been pleased with the level and quality of the enquiries we get (very few time-wasters). I do believe that Independent Cottages try very hard on behalf of their owners. Plus Sarah is really helpful to deal with, very responsive, totally hands-on and you can have an actual dialogue with her, unlike some other promoters. You feel she knows each individual cottage well. To my knowledge there are no other cottage listing sites that provide this level of customer service."
C Broughton
Verified Buyer
"Excellent website, easy to join, very professional & helpful staff, can’t recommend highly enough. Less than 2 weeks on Independent Cottages as an owner and first booking taken!"
"We originally chose Independent Cottages to advertise our cottage because we liked the look of the website and its ease of use in finding what you wanted, where you wanted it. And we have no regrets. Sarah was really helpful from the start and has always been friendly, available, prompt to reply & ready with tips and suggestions. We have no complaints at all. We have been advertising with I.C. for 5 years now and still prefer its format to any of the others and would (& do) happily recommend them to anyone."
"We have worked with Independent Cottages for over 5 years and have always been happy with the service. Sarah is always quick to respond to emails and is very helpful. When ever we need something she is more than happy to help."
"Good value advertising, easy site to manage and a steady stream of enquiries. Generally a high enquiry to booking ratio. Much prefer Independent Cottages to many other high profile sites! Very happy to recommend as a long standing customer."
P & Eileen
Verified Buyer
"We have been using Independent Cottages for many years to promote our holiday rental in the New Forest and have been used to a good stream of enquiries and many weeks let as a result. We believe that the online exposure provided helps greatly in the successful operation of our business and we prefer the one off payment for the service to the commission based system operated by other prominent booking companies. Sarah has always alerted us to any scams which might be doing the rounds and provides good tips on how we should best build our website."
"It's good to see one independent agency standing out against all the web giants who give very poor service for very high fees. Independent Cottages have a user-friendly website and a user-friendly personal touch with Sarah being on the end of a phone line. They provide plenty of enquiries and I am happy to take it from there."
"Independent Cottages was very easy to set up for our holiday let and Sarah was very helpful during the process. We like the format and we get quite a few enquiries and bookings through this site. It is very simple to navigate the website and the calendar is particularly easy to update—very important when you have several to change."
"After 4 years with Independent Cottages we now use them exclusively as they provide us with everything we need - a good level of bookings, a site which makes it easy to manage calendars, late booking offers etc. They are also on the ball to warn about potential scams and Sarah is personally accessible if you have any queries- what more could you want. I would unreservedly recommend Independent Cottages."
"We use a number of external directory sites and Independent Cottages stands head and shoulders above, not only in terms of the number of enquiries, but also the effort that Sarah puts in to get us maximum exposure"
"I have two properties listed on independent cottages. Sarah and the team are a pleasure to deal with. Responses are always prompt and any action requested is quickly executed. The site is extremely easy to manage and the listings are extremely good value. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them."
B Galloway
Verified Buyer
"Sarah and her team at Independent Cottages have been looking after us for five years now. I have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone in the holiday cottage sector. A large proportion of our bookings come through Independent Cottages and I especially like the 'Late Offers' section where I can advertise a week which has become suddenly available, (usually due to a last minute cancellation). The website is well laid out and easy to use and there are regular updates about potential scams and other issues which are important for a holiday cottage owner to be aware about. The best endorsement I can give is simply to say that we have just signed up for a sixth year. The proof is in the pudding... you don't stay loyal to a company like this unless they are providing a professional service and help you generate business! What more can I say!"
"I just want to say that Independent Cottages are a breath of fresh air. Having dealt previously with company's that no longer let you deal with the owner directly Independent Cottages have a website that is truly in the spirit of dealing directly with the owner. Sarah was most helpful when setting up my 2 listings for Cop Farm.I would have no hesitation in recommending other holiday homeowners who are frustrated by the greed from other web platforms out there. Brilliant !!!"
S Fewtrell
Verified Buyer
"I took out two listings with Independent Cottages in early 2018 after careful research and growing disillusionment with the offerings of the big players in the holiday lettings market. I wasn't disappointed. Customer service is impeccable, setting up my entries was straightforward and the site is easy to use and maintain. The late offers section is a great way of filling last-minute vacancies. I've had very good booking levels and the verification process is an excellent way of ensuring peace of mind for guests. Couldn't be happier. I just wish I'd found this gem of a listing site years ago."
"Our listing has been live with Independent Cottages for a little over a week and we are already generating enquiries. The system is easy to use and the unique content that the team created for us is excellent. We would highly recommend."
Independent Cottages is rated 4.96 based on 327 reviews