Independent Cottages Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Independent Cottages

About Independent Cottages: We're passionate about holidays in the UK, and promote independently owned, self-catering holiday accommodation. Our independence means that we don't charge hidden commissions to owners, or booking fees to holiday makers, and we aim to keep it that way.

sarah@independentcottages.co.uk

The Willows,Wood Hill,Meopham

D Wintle
"I have been with Sarah Jarvis, and Independent Cottages for some 5 years, and cannot speak highly enough of the web site. At circa £150 per annum, the platform gives me all the tools necessary to both advertise and mange our lovely holiday apartment in Wasdale, Western Lake District. I have had little need to bother Sarah because the site provides me with all I need, but even when I rarely make contact, the support is excellent."
C Franklin
"The only company I have actually stayed with for the whole time we've had our holiday cottage, reasonably priced and brings in most of our bookings. They have a very easy to use website and I know they are on the other end of the phone - in this country - should I need them."
S Turnham
"We have advertised Annet Cottage on the Independent Cottages website for many years now and are very happy with the service. Sarah is very helpful and always quick to reply to any query. We particularly like the "last minute offers" part of the website which is available at no extra charge."
"Sarah and the team at Independent Cottages provide excellent service and generate a good level of bookings for our cottages. The website is user friendly and easy to update and the last minute offers sections works really well for us. We like the fact that we have complete control over our bookings and that there is a link to our own website. We have advertised with Independent Cottages for many many years and would highly recommend them. Christine and John"
"Independent Cottages is a great website for holiday cottage owners to advertise with. They are efficient and responsive and it's a reasonable listing price. The owner has complete control over bookings and enquiries unlike the big listing sites. It's great to be able to post special offers and late availability and the calendar feature is easily updated. The links to Twitter are a great extra and Independent Cottages engages daily with social media. As a result of their responsiveness and good Google search listing, the enquiries and bookings have come in regularly and owners can keep the personal touch with direct booking with the guest. Highly recommended."
"We have advertised with Independent Cottages for many years. Their site is efficiently managed and we get a steady flow of responses from potential visitors with most of them resulting in a booking."
"I have been with Independent Cottages for many years and love the personal touch, immediate replies to any queries and real care they give to their owners. The website is very easy to navigate or alter at any time and I have complete control of my bookings. I have been with other websites but this one is simply the best!"
"Excellent web site offering generous opportunities to include lots of photographs of the property and easy to update. Evidence of its value for money is that, this year, I have taken more bookings via this website than from my agency; The added advantage is that I retain full control over my reservation diary. Thank you Sarah for your efficiency and helpful advice. efficient service."
"We are very pleased with the impact of advertising this way. We didn't want the anonymity or complexity of some of the big holiday cottage websites, just somewhere to advertise the home that's been in our family for nearly 45 years. Independent Cottages fits the bill perfectly."
"I have been a customer of Independent Cottages for many years and the level of referrals has been consistent through all that time; I have had many bookings through the site. It is always easy to contact Sarah and any changes have been put in place quickly and efficiently"
"One of the very few accommodation listing sites that is still run for the benefit of both guests and owners, enabling guests to contact owners directly with any questions and to ensure suitability, and without charging guests any fees. As an owner I’m seeing an increasing number of enquiries from IC as guests appear to be getting more and more disenchanted with the attitude of the giant listing sites. Support from the team at Independent Cottages to any queries or issues with a listing is quick and personal; they are good people to deal with and actually understand the importance of relationships in holiday letting."
"I have been successfully letting my self catering accommodation for about fifteen years through another company who have decided to take online bookings only. This obviously doesn't suit me for a myriad of reasons, I like to have contact with my guests personally for a start, and I found Independent Cottages just at the right moment - and as they were launching their new website. Not only have I received lots of bookings via their website, but they have been nothing but helpful, friendly, organised and efficient - I honestly can't recommend them more highly."
"I have been advertising my holiday cottage with Independent Cottages for just over a year now. Not only are they very reasonable priced, they do not whack a charge onto the customer’s bill unlike most other online holiday booking sites. I have consistently found them to be extremely helpful and efficient. They helped us set up our listing with our information and photos and it all went very smoothly. I love the fact that we are in control over the whole booking process. The system is easy to use/ update yourself. You can have loads of photos and information on there, which our customers have fed back to us that they have been impressed with. We have had quite a number of bookings now which we wouldn’t have had otherwise. I can wholeheartedly recommend Independent Cottages to anyone currently or thinking about holiday letting their property."
"I am very happy advertising my Self-Catering Holiday Homes with Independent Cottages. The website is easy to understand and use and Sarah is on hand either by telephone or email. I Highly recommend to all."
"We have been using this site for some years now, and it generates a large proportion of our business. Its very user friendly and we can adapt different parts of the site easily, and should we need to change photos and script that is always done quickly and efficiently. We would recommend Independent Cottages to anyone starting out in the holiday let business."
"Great website and service from Independent Cottages. Everything works really well."
"We have advertised our two holiday homes through independent cottages for many years. It always produces bookings and is reasonably price. Sarah is always helpful on the phone and changes the ads immediately when asked. I would recommend using their website above any others."
"An excellent, well run site. Huge number of beautiful holiday properties to rent in the UK. Holiday makers get to freely contact the owners from the start. No commissions, no booking fees. Great to see an independent site holding its head high in the face of the larger portal sites who fleece both owners and guests. I’d highly recommend Independent Cottages; and they’re great people to deal with too."
"The web site is very easy to use - straight forward, well defined in areas to use and not hampered by having to put in useless information which isn't relevant to what the owner needs when marking a week as booked. An easy to use site for owners who just want to record booked weeks on their calendar. Thank you for making life easy!"
"Decided to try a listing with Independent Cottages to supplement our own website and other referral websites that we use. The IC website seemed to rank well when I tried a few random Google search terms for self-catered cottages in our region, and this was instrumental in my decision to advertise with them. Communications from IC were excellent - very quick responses kept me fully informed - far better than what I was used to from the other sites I advertise with. Once logged in to the owners area I was impressed with the intuitive, comprehensive and easy-to-use management kit. It proved very easy to manage bookings and update prices, etc. Indeed I will probably now use this platform for recording details for all my bookings, not just those via IC. Amazingly I received an enquiry within minutes of my listing going live... an enquiry that converted into a firm booking and so effectively paid for the year's subscription on day one! I could not be more pleased and have no hesitation in recommending Independent Cottages to other owners."
"We have been advertising our cottage since January 2018. Very professional service and and the advert has sent us many lovely customers. Sarah is easily contactable by phone or email if we need her."
"We initially chose Independent cottages to advertise our holiday cottage due to their high ranking on internet searches applicable to our search criteria. Following a period of falling enquiries from our existing platform, we cannot begin to say how delighted we are with the level of enquiries and bookings that we have taken in just a few short days since our advert went live. we are extremely impressed with the ease of use of the site and the level of help and support that we have received from Sarah when setting up, and since going live, we have no hesitation in recommending to others."
Independent Cottages is rated 4.96 based on 352 reviews