Independent Cottages Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Independent Cottages

About Independent Cottages: We're passionate about holidays in the UK, and promote independently owned, self-catering holiday accommodation. Our independence means that we don't charge hidden commissions to owners, or booking fees to holiday makers, and we aim to keep it that way.

sarah@independentcottages.co.uk

The Willows,Wood Hill,Meopham

P
"I have been using Independent Cottages since 2015, and have just added another cottage in the last week. In the first year of renting a holiday cottage - I used six agencies, and Independent Cottages generated both the highest number of inquiries and the most bookings. I have dropped four other agencies, and now use Independent cottages and one other provider. The high levels of inquiries are also combined with great customer service, and Sarah goes the extra mile to assist you, which is a winning combination."
J Ellis
"Only Been with Independent Cottages for one year but I have found them very helpful easy for people to book ,easy for people to get in touch with the owners. No booking fee, helpful company Well done love the new Website."
"The website is well laid out, the search facility is good and the calendar is easy to maintain. I get a steady stream of enquiries from the site."
"I discovered this fantastic website a short while ago and already have taken 3 bookings. Sarah and her team couldn't be more helpful or swift to assist and update information online. I also very much like the manner in which the copy is written as the descriptions used are often unique which is a really important tool for any search engine. Such independent websites have been struggling against the big guns who now charge exorbitant 'service fees' and scaremonger holiday makers into paying excessive charges when paying by any credit card provides better insurance for a fraction of the cost. Anyway congratulations Independent Cottages on offering such an excellent service at reasonable rates."
"We have been on the Independent Cottages website for about 7 years. We have found the site to be very easy to navigate and keep up to date. We get a lot of enquiries from it which result in a substantial number of bookings for our business. We would recommend the site to anyone."
"We have advertised our self-catering holiday cottage on the Independent Cottages website since 2016. It has consistently attracted many enquiries and bookings over this period with its easy to use, customer friendly website. Also, as we were very new to this type of business, the staff were always on the end of a phone to assist with any queries we had as owners. We would recommend the service to all other independent cottage owners."
"Independent Cottages is an excellent site. The people are helpful and want the best for their cottage owners and guests staying. They aim to be high up the search engines. They are proactive in helping to make the adverts for the cottages accurate and to show them off in the best possible way. I am delighted to continue to advertise on this site."
S & Sheila Birkin
Verified Buyer
"We came across Independent Cottages when trawling the net looking for a holiday organisation which we could go to after feeling very unhappy with the organisation we were with (Owners Direct). Owners Direct had changed during the time we were with them, from a company which acted as a link between prospective holiday maker and cottage owners into a controlling and money grabbing set up which did not meet our needs or those of our clients - who were shocked at the admin fee required and the bombardment of emails they received from O.D. In contrast, Independent Cottages have been helpful but not intrusive. Their website is easy to use and for holiday makers - it is straightforward and there are no hidden extras. When I have had a query, I can use the help phone line and always receive support. I am still a learner on the website and probably need more practice but overall we are very pleased to be part of Independent Cottages and feel their friendly approach has benefitted us and must also be a bonus for holiday makers."
"We have advertised our self-catering holiday cottage on the Independent Cottages website since 2012. It has consistently attracted bookings over the whole period with its excellent, easy to use, website. We are very happy to recommend the service to other independent cottage owners."
"We have been advertising with Independent Cottages since 2011 and have been very pleased with the number of new clients who visit us each year. We value the ease of accessing the website and managing both our advert and our bookings, as well as the huge savings on commission that the big agencies charge! Meanwhile our clients benefit from more attractive prices and are able to make direct contact with us, giving them the assurance that their holiday home will be everything they expect."
"Excellent website with very easy to use functionality and accurate descriptions which clearly reflect the cottages advertised. Would recommend to family and friends!"
A Robertshaw
"Straightforward good service"
"We have been with Independent cottages since we opened and have found them quick to respond with any updates we may have needed. Their site has kept fresh and inviting to new customers and the ability to post ones own late availabilities is an added bonus. I would (and have) recommended them to other cottage owners."
"Simply incredible service from Sarah and the team at Independent Cottages. Super patient and enthusiastic getting our property online."
"This will be our eighth year with Independent Cottages which really speaks for itself. They are professional and responsive without losing the personal touch. Any changes to our page that we have asked for have been dealt with very quickly and Sarah's advice and help are always first class. Our particular favourite feature is that by keeping your page updated you can keep your listing to the top of the page. Everyone else seems to operate on a rotating or random basis which means that if you have a property in a very popular area your listing may not get seen as often as you like. We always recommend them to anyone who is looking for an advertising platform. Five stars in every respect!"
A & Carolyn Garland
Verified Buyer
"Professional, personal, a brand that customers recognise and trust and good value for money. We are returning our custom for the fourth year - very happy with the service we receive from Independent Cottages."
"I have used this site for my own cottage and have had a positive response from customers using the site.I have also used the site myself and find it very easy to use and provides the information that I would wish to see when booking a self catering holiday. Having used this site it highlights the issues on other sites I have used in the past"
"Anything i need to know, Sarah and her team respond quickly without fuss. With good advice, and regular emails we find Independent Cottages a good place to advertise. On renewal, we get plenty of notice to do so. On renewal, they also give us the ability to easily amend our advertising and offer good tips."
C Atkinson
Verified Buyer
"Independent Cottages are always happy to help and making sure that we are making the most out of our advert."
"We were looking for a friendly UK based site to advertise our holiday lodge for a reasonable price, where our guests would not be charged a service fee. Independent Cottages met and surpassed all our requirements. The customer service has been excellent. Our advert was set up for us at the beginning which made the whole process hassle free, and any requested amendments along the way have been have been made swiftly. The ‘Verified Owner’ badge also helps give guests peace of mind. We would recommend Independent Cottages to any owner."
G & Joanne Hey
Verified Buyer
"Attentive service and proactive website development"
"Prompt updating of website when required & easy to use website. Website is found high up in the Google searches which is most important for owners."
Independent Cottages is rated 4.96 based on 285 reviews