HDTVTest Calibration Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend HDTVTest Calibration

How would you rate HDTVTest Calibration?

253 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Darren

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about HDTVTest Calibration in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Vincent is a really nice guy. He really knows his stuff and explains what he’s doing and why it improves the picture. After Vincent had changed all settings the picture looked amazing and I’m really enjoying going through my back catalogue of blu-rays Netflix 4K shows. Get it done, well worth it."
"Many thanks to Vincent from HDTVTest. He was very friendly and described every step of calibration. I am very happy with the results. Blu Rays & games look incredible. I would highly recommend HDTVTest if you are interested in accurate picture. I will happily use their services again for future TVs."
"Great service from Vincent, and significantly improved picture in many subtle but important ways. TV now a pleasure to watch"
"The Panasonic 58DX902 is a fantastic TV but I felt I was just lacking something in the picture quality with my SkyQ and UHD BluRay player. Vincent came over and we had a great morning chatting over all things AV whilst he calibrated the TV. When comparing my own settings and the calibrated ones, there was a noticeable difference and improvement. Extremely happy with the services that I received."
"Vincent was very professional, courteous and friendly during his time with me. He spent around two hours calibrating my Panasonic 58dx902b for SD, HD and 4K. He also set night and day viewing. The difference in image is, for me, most noticeable in contrast and an enhanced sense of depth coming from the screen. Blacks are more balanced and the image sharper but never artificially so. Even when you are purchasing a higher end TV, it will come with some level of compromise - the manufacturers don't fine tune each individual set, and they don't know the home environment it'll be used in. The benefits of the calibration counter these points, and the true potential is released. It has been many weeks since Vincent worked his magic, and yet I still find myself marvelling at the improvements. Absolutely worth the outlay if you want your TV to shine as it should."
"Vincent did a great job with my calibration, I thought I had a very good picture before but since calibration the picture seems much more accurate & colours especially seem to pop more, so much so that I’m in the process of re-watching all my movie collection. Vincent is a really nice & friendly guy who takes the time to take you through the whole process so you know what he is doing. Well worth doing if you own a quality TV."
"It's the second time Vincent has calibrated one of my TVs. This time it was the Panasonic 55EZ952 OLED. Although this TV is quite accurate out of the box, the results after calibration were very impressive. The colour accuracy is perfect. Shadow detail has also improved. There was also a big improvement on motion blur. As usual, Vincent was amicable and explained every step of the calibration. If you have a decent TV, let Vincent do it justice and have it calibrated."
"I was initially sceptical about having my LG B7 OLED Calibrated due to claims online that the settings were so good out of the box, as well as using some suggested settings from so called online experts but ultimately I just wasn't getting the wow factor that people online raved about with OLED. I eventually decided to take the plunge and contacted Vincent after following his YouTube Channel and couldn't be happier that I did so. The result feels as though I have literally got a new TV, it really has that wow factor whether playing content from my Xbox One X, Sky Q, Netlfix or 4k blu rays. All of them look infinitely improved and it has really brought the TV to life. Vincent is friendly and totally professional throughout the process and takes the time to explain the process or what is being done very thoroughly which I greatly appreciated. At the end thr A to B comparisons showed what a wonderful job he did and the great improvement on my content. If you are on the fence about getting calibration done my advice would be to just go for it, it really is worthwhile"
"I didn't actually think that getting my TV calibrated would actually qualify as fun, but it was a genuinely enjoyable experience! Vincent sat me through the whole process and talked me through what he was doing, which certainly added an extra dimension to it all. Ultimately, I've ended up with a picture that even my wife thought was better. Highly recommended."
"Vincent is a very affable and knowledgable guy and explained what he was doing all through the process of calibrating our Sony 65A1 Oled, which is now a fantastic picture achieving all that we had hoped it would be, thank you Vincent."
"Vincent calibrated my 55ez952b and did an amazing job.His friendly and professional approach made feel at ease that I was getting the best calibration possible. He set up is equipment and could immediately see that it was pushing too much blue and corrected it and proceeded to explain what he was doing. Calibrated ISF Day & Night, HDR and picture looks stunning!Depth is amazing and the picture looks 3D so I’m very happy. Thanks again Vincent!"
"Vincent was able to improve the image on my panasonic 58 dx902 to great effect. Most impressive is the increased depth to the image. Vincent explained clearly what he was doing at each stage and demonstrated before and after throughout his work. Blu rays are so much better, with extra detail not seen before the calibration. Highly recommended."
"Very happy with my calibrated LG 55E6, it now has a new lease of life with stunning colours. My previous settings were far too blue and bright which highlighted noise and was quite fatiguing on the eye. If you’ve bought a high end tv I think it’s a no brainier to have it professionally calibrated. Vincent sure does know his stuff and his perfectionist mindset guarantees impressive results. Besides, it’s not everyday you get to meet a YouTube star!"
"I bought an LG65B7 before Christmas and set it up mostly using the Presets on the TV with a few minor changes with motionflow etc.... We were very pleased with the picture - particularly with 4k. I played around with various settings and couldn’t get exactly what I was looking for. I’ve viewed Vincent’s YouTube videos many times and have really enjoyed his reviews - including the B7. I pondered long and hard as to whether to have the TV professionally calibrated and basically took the plunge as I thought if I’m spending that amount of money on a TV then it must be worth a little more to have it looking its’ best. Vincent came round in a veritable snowstorm one evening and took around 90 minutes to calibrate the TV for my Sky Q, Sony XB800, HDR and Dolby Vision. He took time to explain everything he was doing and showed us the difference between the new settings and the old. The difference was stunning - there was detail in the picture afterwards that was simply not there before. The biggest day to day difference is the detail in skin tones which are now very natural. The picture is now generally perfect - Football in 4k is almost like 3D in close up. Calibration can look expensive if you haven’t had it done before but, if you are buying an expensive TV, believe me it is worth every penny and if you want a good calibrator then book the services of Vincent."
"I was hesitant about getting my LG OLED C7 calibrated at first but glad I went ahead with it in the end. I had changed my settings to get crisp bright whites by selecting the cool and medium white balances. I had tried warm and warm2 but for me it didn’t pop enough and was too yellow. Vincent came round to calibrate my set and I told him what my viewing consisted off and the source of the material and my viewing preferences for crisp bright whites. Vincent explained nice and clearly what he was going to do and that ultimately I had to be happy with the end result. He said he would calibrate it but would keep my old settings so that we could compare the picture, before, during and after. Using various scenes from the dark knight we sat and compared calibrated with my own settings. While warm2 does give an ever so slight yellow tint, that’s exactly what the sun does in nature doesn’t it?. My calibrated picture looked so much more natural than before. Before everything was crisp and white but everything was also slightly blue too with some loss of detail and depth. Calibrated, depth returned, I could see difference in skin tones (Vincent again used a scene from a dvd to demonstrate this), things looked like what you see in the real world. My fear was after spending what I did, I would still be tempted to go back to my cold settings using hdr effect. It’s now been a week since my set was calibrated and my eyes and brain have adapted to the calibrated settings. Today I switched back to my old settings out of curiosity and it looked awful compared to the calibrated settings. It was pale and lifeless. If anyone is in the same boat as me and has those cold preferences and is hesitant about calibrating, don’t hesitate and don’t hesitate to use Vincent’s services. Be patient and give the calibrated settings a chance, it is well worth it. I now have a TV set up for sdr, hdr and Dolby vision and don’t waste my time on tweaking settings anymore but instead enjoying watching it. Vincent is friendly and very thorough and takes time to explain what he is doing and why and most importantly shows you why by using scenes from tv and dvd so you can see what he is talking about. Would not hesitate recommending him, only downer was that he was an Arsenal fan!"
"This is now the 2nd TV that Vincent has calibrated for me. His services are second to none! The knowledge / experience and equipment really does put him to the top of the list of calibrators. He is also a great guy and very enthusiastic! Always a pleasure and will only ever ask Vincent to calibrate my equipment!"
"An excellent service from Vincent. Educated me on exactly what was happening during the calibration service so i was well informed by the end. Image quality on all sources is now fantastic."
"Vincent calibrated my Panasonic TX-P42STW60 (Plasma TV) and explained every step during the calibration process. Now I can enjoy movies in the right colours and white looks really white. Finally the red tint is gone. Further more the images look now more crisp and have more depth and contrast. Great work!"
"I thought I had a great TV and had set it up ok. Now after spending time with Vincent I have a Fabulous TV that looks 3D at times! I also know a lot more about what to look for in setting things up. Most of all though i feel like I made a new friend as he is such a nice guy. Would recommend him to anyone."
"Vincent, though hard to understand (boy, could you imagine me butchering his native language) is without doubt, the best reviewer by far. His unbiased work, adds much to my love and understanding of my passion for home theater. His sense of humor is also a treat. I re-watch his reviews countless times and learn something new with each repeated (mostly the gear I'm interested in buying)viewing. I'll be 60 yrs old soon and I only wish he could tell me, with my less than perfect eyes,. "Am I wasting my limited supply of funds, by going Dolby Vision, instead of just HDR 10???..... 75 inch Sony 900E, vs 940e Oh well, if I didn't go all out, I couldn't look my knowledgeable friend in the eye : - ). Oh yes, and an extra $ 800 for 5 year warranty??? Vincent, help! robbiestier@gmail.com to reply. By the way, last nigh, I saw both of these two 75 inchers and I could clearly see how much better the colored umbrellas on the 940e looked in the sunlight in that demo (one eye is perfect). if Vincent didn't clearly state, that the "diff between the Apple 4K streaming box in DV, verses HD10, from a normal seating distance was undetectable from a normal seating distance,(I'm 8 feet away, is that a normal seating distance?) I presently wouldn't be pulling my hair out of my head over this decision. but in fairness he did say if you can swing the $, go for the DV. Of course, paying for it over 3 years of interest free equal installments,, makes the extra dough worth it. Plus I could easily use to loose some pounds. really, if I could stop eating for three years, I could get the 75 inch Z9. Well worth it!!! Thank you sir, now how do we get "Home Theater Geeks" back on Twitter, what a terrible loss. : - ( Sincerely your biggest fan, Rob Stier in NJ on the other side of the puddle U.S.A."
HDTVTest Calibration is rated 4.97 based on 253 reviews