HDTVTest Calibration Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend HDTVTest Calibration

How would you rate HDTVTest Calibration?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

243 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Robert

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about HDTVTest Calibration in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Vincent calibrated my 55ez952b and did an amazing job.His friendly and professional approach made feel at ease that I was getting the best calibration possible. He set up is equipment and could immediately see that it was pushing too much blue and corrected it and proceeded to explain what he was doing. Calibrated ISF Day & Night, HDR and picture looks stunning!Depth is amazing and the picture looks 3D so I’m very happy. Thanks again Vincent!"
"Vincent was able to improve the image on my panasonic 58 dx902 to great effect. Most impressive is the increased depth to the image. Vincent explained clearly what he was doing at each stage and demonstrated before and after throughout his work. Blu rays are so much better, with extra detail not seen before the calibration. Highly recommended."
"Very happy with my calibrated LG 55E6, it now has a new lease of life with stunning colours. My previous settings were far too blue and bright which highlighted noise and was quite fatiguing on the eye. If you’ve bought a high end tv I think it’s a no brainier to have it professionally calibrated. Vincent sure does know his stuff and his perfectionist mindset guarantees impressive results. Besides, it’s not everyday you get to meet a YouTube star!"
"I bought an LG65B7 before Christmas and set it up mostly using the Presets on the TV with a few minor changes with motionflow etc.... We were very pleased with the picture - particularly with 4k. I played around with various settings and couldn’t get exactly what I was looking for. I’ve viewed Vincent’s YouTube videos many times and have really enjoyed his reviews - including the B7. I pondered long and hard as to whether to have the TV professionally calibrated and basically took the plunge as I thought if I’m spending that amount of money on a TV then it must be worth a little more to have it looking its’ best. Vincent came round in a veritable snowstorm one evening and took around 90 minutes to calibrate the TV for my Sky Q, Sony XB800, HDR and Dolby Vision. He took time to explain everything he was doing and showed us the difference between the new settings and the old. The difference was stunning - there was detail in the picture afterwards that was simply not there before. The biggest day to day difference is the detail in skin tones which are now very natural. The picture is now generally perfect - Football in 4k is almost like 3D in close up. Calibration can look expensive if you haven’t had it done before but, if you are buying an expensive TV, believe me it is worth every penny and if you want a good calibrator then book the services of Vincent."
"I was hesitant about getting my LG OLED C7 calibrated at first but glad I went ahead with it in the end. I had changed my settings to get crisp bright whites by selecting the cool and medium white balances. I had tried warm and warm2 but for me it didn’t pop enough and was too yellow. Vincent came round to calibrate my set and I told him what my viewing consisted off and the source of the material and my viewing preferences for crisp bright whites. Vincent explained nice and clearly what he was going to do and that ultimately I had to be happy with the end result. He said he would calibrate it but would keep my old settings so that we could compare the picture, before, during and after. Using various scenes from the dark knight we sat and compared calibrated with my own settings. While warm2 does give an ever so slight yellow tint, that’s exactly what the sun does in nature doesn’t it?. My calibrated picture looked so much more natural than before. Before everything was crisp and white but everything was also slightly blue too with some loss of detail and depth. Calibrated, depth returned, I could see difference in skin tones (Vincent again used a scene from a dvd to demonstrate this), things looked like what you see in the real world. My fear was after spending what I did, I would still be tempted to go back to my cold settings using hdr effect. It’s now been a week since my set was calibrated and my eyes and brain have adapted to the calibrated settings. Today I switched back to my old settings out of curiosity and it looked awful compared to the calibrated settings. It was pale and lifeless. If anyone is in the same boat as me and has those cold preferences and is hesitant about calibrating, don’t hesitate and don’t hesitate to use Vincent’s services. Be patient and give the calibrated settings a chance, it is well worth it. I now have a TV set up for sdr, hdr and Dolby vision and don’t waste my time on tweaking settings anymore but instead enjoying watching it. Vincent is friendly and very thorough and takes time to explain what he is doing and why and most importantly shows you why by using scenes from tv and dvd so you can see what he is talking about. Would not hesitate recommending him, only downer was that he was an Arsenal fan!"
"This is now the 2nd TV that Vincent has calibrated for me. His services are second to none! The knowledge / experience and equipment really does put him to the top of the list of calibrators. He is also a great guy and very enthusiastic! Always a pleasure and will only ever ask Vincent to calibrate my equipment!"
"An excellent service from Vincent. Educated me on exactly what was happening during the calibration service so i was well informed by the end. Image quality on all sources is now fantastic."
"Vincent calibrated my Panasonic TX-P42STW60 (Plasma TV) and explained every step during the calibration process. Now I can enjoy movies in the right colours and white looks really white. Finally the red tint is gone. Further more the images look now more crisp and have more depth and contrast. Great work!"
"I thought I had a great TV and had set it up ok. Now after spending time with Vincent I have a Fabulous TV that looks 3D at times! I also know a lot more about what to look for in setting things up. Most of all though i feel like I made a new friend as he is such a nice guy. Would recommend him to anyone."
"Vincent, though hard to understand (boy, could you imagine me butchering his native language) is without doubt, the best reviewer by far. His unbiased work, adds much to my love and understanding of my passion for home theater. His sense of humor is also a treat. I re-watch his reviews countless times and learn something new with each repeated (mostly the gear I'm interested in buying)viewing. I'll be 60 yrs old soon and I only wish he could tell me, with my less than perfect eyes,. "Am I wasting my limited supply of funds, by going Dolby Vision, instead of just HDR 10???..... 75 inch Sony 900E, vs 940e Oh well, if I didn't go all out, I couldn't look my knowledgeable friend in the eye : - ). Oh yes, and an extra $ 800 for 5 year warranty??? Vincent, help! robbiestier@gmail.com to reply. By the way, last nigh, I saw both of these two 75 inchers and I could clearly see how much better the colored umbrellas on the 940e looked in the sunlight in that demo (one eye is perfect). if Vincent didn't clearly state, that the "diff between the Apple 4K streaming box in DV, verses HD10, from a normal seating distance was undetectable from a normal seating distance,(I'm 8 feet away, is that a normal seating distance?) I presently wouldn't be pulling my hair out of my head over this decision. but in fairness he did say if you can swing the $, go for the DV. Of course, paying for it over 3 years of interest free equal installments,, makes the extra dough worth it. Plus I could easily use to loose some pounds. really, if I could stop eating for three years, I could get the 75 inch Z9. Well worth it!!! Thank you sir, now how do we get "Home Theater Geeks" back on Twitter, what a terrible loss. : - ( Sincerely your biggest fan, Rob Stier in NJ on the other side of the puddle U.S.A."
"I've been a fan of Vincent's Youtube videos and certainly do not regret contacting him to come and calibrate my new LG C7 television. Everything now looks perfect and I now longer have to spend 10 minutes flicking through menus every time I sit down to watch TV."
"Very professional and the results were outstanding. The image quality is much improved now."
"I would highly recommend Vincent and his services. Great communication, punctual and above all else my Panasonic TX65DX902B looks far better than I could have imagined. With SDR BD the image has so much more detail, depth and colours are much more accurate. HDR content has so much more pop, greater shadow detail and better colurs PS4 Pro has also taken a big leap forward as well :)"
"Vincent is very knowledgeable, professional and he thoroughly explained what he was doing through the calibration process. I can now watch all content on my LG - OLED55C7V with no worries about picture quality, so that all my viewing content is viewed as intended.. I would highly recommend his service."
"This was the second time I have had Vincent do a calibration and once again am ecstatic with the results. It is well worth the money, especially when you consider how much you spend on the television and how many hours you will spend watching over the years. For me I enjoy the viewing so much more not doubting the image or the settings knowing it is optimised. With my LG OLED, it was not just the image calibration for all inputs and HDR formats but also getting the basic settings right. Vincent is always friendly and informative but most importantly knows his stuff. I trust his views and reviews ahead of all others."
"If you have tv and want the best from it, calibration is a must have. Our Sony 65A1 now looks fantastic after Vincent's calibration. I can't recommend him highly enough."
"Vincent is a super nice guy and went to great detail about the calibration process. Vincent calibrated a LG OLED55E7N and a LG 55EG920V. The difference between before and after is like night and day. The next time I upgrade my TV I would definitely get Vincent to calibrate it."
"Vincent was very thorough, and very friendly throughout. He ably demonstrated the improvements made to picture quality, both through an explanation of what his software was doing at various points in the process, and by the more effective method of switching back and forth between the old settings and the new. All in all I'm happy with the changes and the knowledge that my TVs can't look any better than they do now."
"Vincent was easy to deal with, and a very nice chap. He explained what he was doing clearly, and the results are spectacular. Even though my Panasonic Plasma was a couple of years old, the changes made have brought new life to it. Its like a different set."
"My Oled picture quality was good when i purchased the tv but i was constantly trying to adjust the picture settings to get the best out of it but i just wasn’t happy with anything i was getting. YouTube videos didn’t help either so i searched the internet for a professional calibration and came across Vincent Teoh and I’m very happy i did. We arranged a calibration. Vincent arrived at my address a very pleasant person and then we sat down and started the calibration, He went through my settings and to see what i had and then saved it to compare his finished calibration. Using his high tec equipment he talked me through what he was doing and was very informative. The key is in the lighting of the room and Vincent knew how to set it to the conditions. The results against my settings are nothing short of fantastic. I didn’t see all the fuss surrounding HDR but now i certainly do the colours pop right off the screen. The black level is incredible. Across all my devices hooked up to my LG55B6V I’m loving the difference, Using Apple TV 4K, Sky Q and Xbox one X I’m getting the best out of these devices now. I can certainly say i would recommend a professional calibration by Vincent and i will be getting back in touch with him to calibrate my next tv :)"
HDTVTest Calibration is rated 4.97 based on 243 reviews