Flyby Technology Reviews

of reviewers recommend Flyby Technology
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read Flyby Technology Reviews
My hat is off to Chris Keane and his team at Flyby Technology! The level of professionalism and the depth of knowledge is truly incredible. But all this was delivered at a human level, not being in a learning environment for a good few years I was apprehensive. Chris made everything so much fun, we were learning this stuff and not realising it, and it went in!

The course materials are very well presented and easy to read and follow. the help with producing your Operational Manual was amazing. I have a case where I need to get my OM approved as soon as possible due to pending assignments, Mike at Flyby HQ in York made sure I had everything I need in advance and advised me all the way, to the point where I had everything ready to go as soon as I completed both the ground school and the Flight Skill Test.

Flyby, Thank you for going the extra mile (Thanks nautical miles, and well above ground level!)

If you are thinking of taking the plunge into the world of UAV, look no further

David Hawkins
My time on the course with Flyby technology was great. Kevin was a phenomenal instructor and delivered both the theory and practical in a really structured and organised fashion. I have never done any drone piloting before and I have come out with much confidence after the training and teaching I got and I would highly recommend this course to anyone considering going for their PFCO.
Completed my 3 day course this week and have to say enjoyed every minute of it - even the exams! The time was well structured and goals clearly set out. Our instructor, Pete Batson, gave us the knowledge and encouragement to fully understand what is expected of us as responsible and safe drone operators. Would highly recommend Flyby and am already looking to book a place for my colleague.
I have just completed the CAA PfCO training programme with FlyBy.
The course is well presented with first rate documentation and manuals and the instructors were all qualified fixed wing or rotary pilots. All elements are progressed logically and clearly with student understanding regularly reviewed.
The flying training element (if undertaken), provides the skills and confidence to take and pass the flying test.
The company administration provides expert and crucial support during training and in developing the Operations Manual which is one of the key components of the PfCO application process and SUA pilots ongoing safe operations.
First rate job all round.
VG, as always. FlyBy are superb at keeping us legal, and up to date, and rock-solid advice when we come up against anything we're slightly unfamiliar with.
This was an excellent course. Well presented. Instructor was very capable of keeping our attention and answering all of our questions
A fantastic theory course for drone pilots.
Excellent training weekend from Tom Nash and SARAA-Scotland colleagues at Ochils Mountain Rescue Base. A thorough introduction to SUA piloting requirements and regulations.
Initial SARAA pilots course - as a professional pilot in ‘real life’ I found the course well paced (although a lot of info over the two days) with the essentials covered in depth - everyone agreed that the weekend was a great achievement, here’s hoping we can translate that into saving lives with Scottish Mountain Rescue, and SARAA.
Great course and really appreciate their support to Scottish Mountain Rescue throug SARAA (Search and Rescue Ariel Association -Scotland)
I completed the PfCO at the Bristol Groundschool recently and was very impressed at the level of expertise and vast experience the instructors had. Both instructors were ex RAF pilots, JJ experience as a multi-engine pilot came across in the theory elements where he was able to effectively pass the knowledge across effectively. Andy who is a former fast jet pilot and drone operator had all the requisite skills, experience and knowledge required for UAV operations. The lunch was great and I was pleasantly surprised that it came included with the cost. I definitely recommend Flyby technology as a preferred training supplier for commercial drone operators.
I'm glad, after doing some research, that I chose Flyby Technology for my training.

The Flyby team were excellent throughout. Although I live not far from East Midlands Airport, where Flyby also run courses, I decided to choose Lincoln as my training venue.

I'm glad I chose this venue, because the Instructor Pete was absolutely first class. He approached both the Ground School element & the flight training extremely professionally and thoroughly. This gives you an insight and helps you understand was is required to become a professional drone pilot.

Pete made the course highly enjoyable and I have to say, I loved every minute of it, especially the flying training.

Pete helped throughout the entire course, including advice about flying, safety matters, professionalism, and of course aircraft and equipment.

I think it helped that Pete is an ex RAF fighter pilot, because, as you can imagine, his knowledge of flying/aircraft etc is vast. I can guarantee that he will help you with anything.

Of course, you do need to practice your flying (weather permitting of course), but the Flyby guys will help with any aspect of your training.

Glad to say that with the excellent training provided by Pete & the Flyby Technology team, I passed the course & achieved the ATTI rating.

I would definitely recommend this drone course.

Big thanks to Pete & Flyby.
Flyby Technology is an incredible supplier of education....

From the moment I sent my initial email they have been very professional indeed.

Following my initial email I was called when they answered all of my questions with ease and more.

Fast forward to today and I have just finished my 3 day training course with instructor Kevin in York and have got to say it was an incredible experience!

Very experienced, great rapport and blown away by the overall depth of knowledge (as he's an actual manned aircraft pilot & instructor too)...must say I had no idea of how much there is to understand in order get qualified, even so it was made very doable thanks to Kevin's ability to communicate.

5 stars isn't enough and it you're the kind of person who is up for learning to fly a drone & get qualified (plus put the work in) you're in VERY good hands.

Would recommend to friends, family and anybody reading this.

I was surprised at the amount of theory that was covered during the course and felt anxious in regards to the exam. Kevin however, maintained a high amount of patience in teaching and preparing me for the exam.

He was also able to provide and extensive array of useful and important websites/apps needed for drone flying. I would definitely recommend the course.
I was anxious about getting my PFCO but FlyBy Technology made it a really enjoyable and very informative course. Just the right amount of theory to be able to apply what you learnt in a practical setting. The Ops manual also approached in a far less daunting way than any of my peers had found at other courses. I completed the classroom course in Bristol and my flight skills with Kevin in Oxford. Absolute top class teaching all round! Highly recommended!
I attended the course expecting to leave prepared to write my operations manual, what I actually got was a very expensive theory of flight refresher which I really do not need as a senior rotary engineer. I received an ops manual template by email after the course and soon realised none of the content had been covered in the course.
Hello Toby, You didn’t finish our course back in 2016, only completed a small element of it. We never just supply an ops manual template, we work with you to complete this to a very high standard. As you can see from our 5 star reviews, this is not how we operate and would like to help you complete the training to the excellent standard everyone else has.
Just about to start my first commercial job and needed some advice. Having had outstanding and professional support obtaining my PfCO from Flyby Technology, I turned to them for advice. Contacted John P with a few questions on permissions etc and his knowledge and professional advice left me in no doubt as to what I needed to do and what I would be allowed to do! Fantastic customer support, cannot recommend Flyby enough! Thanks John
The team at Flyby are amazing, if you are looking at doing a drone course you should 100% pick them. I did the 3 day course with them and throughout the course they were supportive, professional and engaging. Having completed the course, they are still always on the other end of the phone to answer any questions I have had. I am so grateful for the support they have given me, a really great company, couldn't recommend them enough!
Flyby where a very professional outfit, in both a flight training aspects and also dealing with any queries I had after attaining my Pfco. A special thanks to the MD John for helping me out also!
The Flyby course was excellently paced and delivered, and helped me to learn some truly challenging concepts a good deal easier than I expected to be able to. Chris, his team, and his wife were all incredibly helpful and supportive. My flight test was delayed by a few months due to poor weather and scheduling issues, but Chris never lost track of the dates, and kept in clear contact.
Flyby Technology is rated 4.98 based on 228 reviews