Flyby Technology Reviews

of reviewers recommend Flyby Technology
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read Flyby Technology Reviews
I have just completed my A2CofC and GVC certification with Flyby Technology and the training and service I have received has been nothing short of impeccable, from the initial consultation with JP the ground school training with Pete Batson and the flight skills test with Matthew Whitfield have been truly remarkable and I wouldn’t hesitate in recommending them to anyone serious about training and learning with experts at the very top of their game!!!
After very recently completing the GVC course, I cannot recommend Flyby Technology high enough. Mike administered the initial documentation and the joining pack with utmost efficacy... (A trait displayed throughout all stages of the course by all members of Flyby Tech). Jon P was there to advise on any questions or queries I had with regard to the GVC going forward and to facilitate my initial UAV purchase. Kevin D delivered a fantastically clear and concise Zoom ground school. Chris K was on hand to deliver straight forward exam debrief and positive feedback. Pete B delivered a fantastic and thorough Flight Skills training and assessment. These guys are consummate professionals and behold a wealth of experience, knowledge and professionalism. They are truly "The Go-to crew". I look forward to the future, knowing that I am now part of the "Flyby family" and have the honour of carrying forward and upholding the apex of UAV training.
Dicky Bird was the most fantastic trainer, he spoke clearly and ensured all the candidates understood each module in good time before moving on, he also delivered the course with great humour and helped everyone enjoy it.
Flyby technology have been excellent since day one. Since taking out PFCO licences they have been with us on our journey helping us to expand into new areas. Over the last week Jon has been helping us put togther a plan, for a client, to deploy drones spraying anti bacterial products in the South of France. Working on COVID is very now and Jon and his team have gone beyond to get these first flights in place. Along with this we now have an opportunity to work with them and plan to see how this can work with the CAA in the UK. Very interesting times for drone technology and being able to showcase the future technology now availible . Jon and his team are the best people in the drone industry.
I attended the five day course in Lincoln woth Peter Batson,this included three days groundschool and test then two days flight training then a flight test. The course is intense, and there is a lot to learn,it can be very technical but was explained in a manner in which i was able to digest the relevant information and prepare you for the PFCO test. I had a good knowledge of my aircraft and how to fly my drone,but the flight School gave me extra hints and tips that have set me in good stead to operate proficiently as a professional drone operator.I attained an ATTI rating for my flight skills test and this was solely down to the training I received in my flight skills training from Peter. I’m so pleased I chose to use FlyBy technology it has given me the confidence to move forward and operate knowing i have attained the skills required to offer a safe,effective and professional service. A recommended provider and top of there game.
I attended the Flyby Technology five day course in 30/07 - 03/08 at the Edinburgh location and my experience was wholly positive. I had researched my preferred provider prior to booking and based my decision to opt for Flyby Technology on the basis of staff profiles, in that instructors are highly experienced aviators with an RAF background, the high ratio of positive feedback from previous attendees and the post course support available to Flyby Technology students. From the initial enquiry through to delivery the process was efficient and very well coordinated with course materials arriving promptly as stated and any queries I had being answered in full by the office staff. The course location was superb where all students attending were very well catered for by the facility staff. Andy Gupwell our instructor for the course was very professional, knowledgeable and had an excellent delivery style which ensured that all students grasped the concepts and understanding required to succeed. The learning and teaching materials were of a very high standard with the student handbook containing all the information required for a successful outcome. I opted for the five day course as I felt the additional two days flight training would be beneficial. I wasn’t disappointed, by the end of the training I had further consolidated the classroom work and theory aspects of the course and was better able to apply this in a practical sense. The support and advice received from Andy over the additional two days was superb, I had always been nervous about flying too far from the home point, however Andy equipped me with the skills, techniques and confidence to fly distances I had never experienced before. I would highly recommend Flyby Technology as a training provider to anyone considering the PfCO course, I would also recommend the five day course if budget and time allows as in my experience it consolidates the theory aspects of the course, further develops and enhances the practical elements of the course and in my case made for a much more confident and knowledgeable pilot.
This IS the go-to NQE in the UK when it comes to the training required for PfCO submission. Right from the start they were extremely flexible with dates (thanks Stephanie & Helen) and also willing to split the course up to fit in with my diary, doing a 3day week and 2day weekend to complete the whole IDPS schedule. Pre-course questions answered remarkably quickly by Jon and then the groundschool run by Dicky (and then later joined with Roy) was impeccable and put over to us with extreme experience and knowledge to boot; thanks for all the support. Flight school and FST test with Chris Keane was more than a pleasure and again the amount of knowledge gained during this section of the course was immense. Ops Manual generation was something else and corrections/additions to an extremely comprehensive start point well received and turned around quickly. I wouldn't go anywhere else for follow up training; you shouldn't either!
I have just completed the weekender course and it was excellent. As a current serving Military Helicopter Pilot I can categorically say that this course sets up potential pilots with everything they need to know for their future careers. Giving them the knowledge and skills to operate safely. The courseware is fantastic, with very good training. Nick our instructor was excellent. The ongoing support for the Ops Manual is excellent and you pay for Flyby Technology and their expertise for the future. I would highly recommend them to anyone.
Just completed the 3-day fast-track course in Edinburgh and had to write a review! I looked at all the training providers before I opted for the Flyby course and it was clear from the outset that I had made the right choice. Right from the very first contact Flyby have been amazing. From the day the study guide arrived, to completing the course today, there’s been amazing support throughout. The instructors themselves (we had Tom & Gareth for the Edinburgh course) are fantastic - it’s truly a privilege to learn from two very experienced airmen with so much real-world military and civil flying experience under their belt (just look at the instructors profile page on the Flyby website and you’ll see what I mean). Their head instructor JP even called me from abroad to answer some of my initial questions before the course started - it’s clear the success of their students really matters to them! Make no mistake, the course is intensive and there’s a lot to learn but the Flyby team made the whole experience manageable and enjoyable but thorough at the same time. I’d highly recommend Flyby - honestly, their IDPS course is worth every penny!
The team at Flyby Technology were fantastic. A thorough course covering everything and brilliantly presented. I can't recommend highly enough.
This drone training course is an absolute must. The course material and delivery is second to none. I couldn't recommend this drone training enough, I could go on forever, Highly recommended.
Almost three years since training and qualification at Flyby Technology...where does the time go? Continued support is key in this field, and even today, three years on, I have raised questions and received prompt and helpful replies to help me operate safely. Well done Flyby Technology... highly recommended.
I honestly can't recommend Flyby enough. I started the course thinking all it takes to fly a drone was buying the thing and playing around with it. After 5 days with my instructor, Pete, I have an in-depth knowledge of not only the legal guidelines and legislation regarding drone flight safety but the ability to read aviation maps, flight terminology, survey maps and weather TAFs. I was also given lessons on the physics behind flight, wind paths and aerodynamics. When you finish the course you feel like a fully fledged pilot! 10/10
I attended the three day drone training/PFCO exam in Shrewsbury last week with instructor Gareth and everything was great! The course was structured really well, the ground school was informative and the fact that all of their courses are taught by manned flight pilots means that the depth of information is fantastic! Any questions can and will be answered in expert detail and with plenty of background. The actual course is delivered in an easy to digest format, with really great powerpoints and diagrams to explain anything complicated. The location was great, comfortable and very suitable for drone flying. Leaving the course there is loads of support available too. There really isn't much more to say other than that I would 100% recommend this course and company! It is more expensive than other PFCO courses available, but for the depth of information available and the support provided I don't actually think its comparable, Flyby are offering a huge amount more and the cost is totally justified! I am very happy I went with them and will continue to recommend them!
I have spent the last 3 days with Andy Gupwell and the rest of the class learning all about how to fly my drone for commercial use. Theory and practical items were covered to a very high standard. I went into both tests confident due to the level of teaching. If you have no experience flying then I would advise booking up to the 5 day course. Either way, you won't be disappointed. Who knew that the theory of flying a drone could be considered fun? 5* is a little bit of an understatement.
Had an enjoyable and engaging 3 day course at the Cringletie House Hotel with Andy Gupwell instructing. The instruction was clear and to the point, and with a good emphasis on real world application of knowledge. I feel like I've been well prepared at this stage, and like I have lots of further support to look forward to from Flyby Technology whenever I might need it as I move ahead.
I have been a FlyBy family member since joining their training course in Aug 2017. The course that was run, was very up to date, accurate, and came with something the other courses and instructors didn't provide. Real experienced pilots, covering all elements from RAF, Navy, Commercial and Hobby pilots. Collectively, they prob had over 100 years of flying experience. So the course wasn't just a read the manual revise, it was based on real life examples and real life experiences. The group that was in the course came from all backgrounds and all levels of experience from the beginner to those already in the business. Great content, great deliver and we had lots of fun and banter during the course. The Flight Examination was conducted perfectly, everyone had their chance to practise safely and i was actually honoured to have passed my exam by an BA A380 and ex-RAF pilot (Dutch!! AKA Andy). Since having taken the course, FlyBy have been nothing but helpful, the course fee doesn't just include the course and the exam, but the after sales as well. They helped build my Ops Manual so that it would get passed through CAA and they handled all the submissions. After being certified, I've had great help from being on the Facebook group for FlyBy, and also personally by calling Jon P when there were any weird restrictions or anomalies that i didn't understand or were being enforced. No charge for this service, that's the FlyBy way... very helpful accurate and up to date advice. I would definitely recommend no other flight school for drone pilots. These guys are freakin' awesome, pre, during and post course!! Keep it up fellas!!!
What a great course! I recently attended the 5 day course in York, 2 days theory and exam, 2 days practical flying, with the assessment on the last day. I have previous flying experience with a PPL(F) and a PPL(H), but I still learned a lot from Kevin Dennington our instructor. I would highly recommend this course to anyone interested in safe drone flying. My thanks also go to Helen, who guided me through the booking and admin process! Thanks to everyone at Flyby Technology for such a great course.
I’m not in the habit of leaving reviews but I felt I should share the great experience a couple of weeks ago completing the PfCO course with Flyby Technologies at a great venue just outside Peebles in the beautiful Scottish Borders. I attended a 3 day course (5 day courses to include flight training are also available) along with a couple of other students – each of us looking to ultimately use our training experience in different ways, and the course reflected these different interests with appropriate scenarios/examples being discussed over the three days, which made it feel personal and not just another tedious PowerPoint delivery. (real Sharpies and flip boards!) The course itself was fairly full on and technical in places, but it was kept relevant and interesting throughout and the time flew. Our instructor, Andy Gupwell , was first class – he was extremely knowledgeable on every facet of this course , having come from a former career in the RAF – its worth noting that all of the FT instructors are former aviators. You can read as many books and online articles as you wish but there is no substitute from hearing it from someone who is clearly passionate and experienced on the subject. Andy had an easy, (and patient!) teaching style and I came away from this course feeling I had learned more in these 3 days than in the weeks leading up to the course, and left with a clear understanding of what is involved in safe and effective drone operations. From the first enquiry call to Flyby the administration staff were friendly and efficient in dealing with the course arrangements, answering any queries and sending out the learning materials in advance of the course. I looked at a few other PfCO course providers, but these guys stood out for me and I felt they went the extra mile. FB also provides a first class after-course support service to assist with students ongoing Ops Manual completion, registration with CAA and beyond. For anyone thinking of going attending one of these courses I would have no hesitation in recommending Flyby Technology.
I have just successfully completed the four day weekend course with Flyby Technology, and specifically Chris Keane as our instructor. The course was extremely well structured with just the right level of professionalism, mixed with plenty of lighthearted moments. First things first - you are sent a very nice binder within a couple of days of registering with Flyby that contains all of the relevant documentation covered in the course. Its quite a chunk so be ready for it. The laws are constantly changing and Flyby send regular updates so that you can keep this up to date. I spoke to Chris prior to the course and he was able to answer a few questions I had regarding what to look at when practicing flying the drone. On the first day Chris made us feel very welcome and any apprehension soon faded as we jumped straight into the material. I wouldn't recommend trying to do the course without doing some reading beforehand. I put in 50 hours of study time over five weeks prior to the course which allowed the actual training days to be very enjoyable. I'm quite sure some people would be able to do this with only half this amount of study but I like to be prepared. I became clear from the onset that the course was going to be interactive, which I liked a lot - its not just a sit and listen session so no chance of nodding off. That said, it always remained light and friendly so no one worried if you couldn't answer a question. Chris covered all the sections required to pass your PfCO theory exam, and to allow you to transfer the learned skills into your flying. He even covered a section before the exam on 'exam preparation' which was great as I hadn't taken an exam in 30+ years. The exam itself went very well and I was confident that I had passed even before the result came in. This proved to me that Flyby had a very good handle on what was required by the CAA Chris then led us through what would be expected from us the following weekend for the Flight Skills Test. We had the perfect day for flying with very little wind, although the sun was a little tricky at times. Chris briefed us on the task, as a normal client would and then we had to do all of necessary paperwork, risk assessments etc before actually completing the flight test. All in all I strongly recommend Flyby Technology who were professional and completely thorough throughout. I am happy to give very positive feedback to the other members of my team who will be attending further courses over the coming months
Flyby Technology is rated 4.98 based on 230 reviews