Flyby Technology Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Flyby Technology

How would you rate Flyby Technology ?

"We had Chris keen as our instructor, very knowledgeable nice guy, would definitely recommend flyby and Chris for anyone that is considering using them."
"Great course, tutors have masses of experience to enpart. Interactive ground classroom, long days but set up in a way that we could maintain concentration. Great teaching stile. Well recommended to anybody who wants to fly a drone for hobby or work. Thank you."
Robert McFarlane
Unverified Reviewer
"Expert training, great course. Cant wait to get going. Would reccomend to evryone."
"A challenging yet great enjoyable course run by the professional team at flyby technology. The team brought with them a wealth of knowledge and experience that allowed them to guide and support us through the training. At the same time they continually looked to push our skills and abilities in order to achieve the very best from us. This is a course that I would highly recommend to any other professionals looking at drone training."
"I attended a 5 day course primarily run by Matthew Whitfield, and it was a highly challenging but ultimately enjoyable and rewarding 5 days. The course was professionally run with all instructors incredibly highly qualified not just with drones but also fixed wing and rotary aircraft. The classroom presentation and teaching styles were exemplary, and welcoming of questions and interaction; and flight training was flexible to allow us to focus on our own needs and weaknesses (within limits). There was a range of experience among the trainees on the course ranging from beginners to more experienced pilots, but by the end of the course all trainees were up to a similar competence. I have hesitation in recommending Flyby Technology to anybody or any organisation seeking to achieve the CAA Permission for Commercial Operations."
"I attended the 5 day course, lead by Matt but assisted by JP, Pete and 2 Andy’s and what a wealth of experience. Highly professional individuals who push your abilities beyond what you believe you can handle but with their guidance and support it quickly yields results. It’s a challenging but safe environment to learn and the tutors are always tuned in to every little detail. Due to corporate reasons this was my 2nd PfCO training and Flyby by far the better course of the 2 I have attended. Thanks guys"
Gavin Crowther. Red Air Drones Aerial Media.
Unverified Reviewer
"Flyby have been really helpful in getting all prepared for us. Always a human voice on the phone when needed. Highly Recommended. Jon has always given 100%. Cheers Guys."
"The guys at FLYBY have been fantastic. From my initial enquiry to the Ground School training everyone involved has been professional and extremely knowledgeable. Chris Keane is an amazing instructor, possessing the The right mix of experience, humour and patience make him perfect for this job. I've had a brilliant experience and there have no hesitation in recommending FLYBY to anyone considering their PfCO. Thanks again!"
"An excellently led course that covers some tricky areas of CAA laws and acronyms. But very well explained and patiently taught. I had minimal hours with a drone so opted for the 5 day course which i was able to complete in 4 days with the 5th pure flying time by myself (I was offered an instructor but turned it down.) a great class size of 4 meant all questions were easily dealt with and I had great 1 on 1 flying time with instructor with great advice."
Luke Tchalenko
Verified Reviewer
"I just completed the London 5 day course, with marvellous instructors Kevin and Dutch. Can’t recommend this course enough, a thorough and enjoyable training to take me from enthusiastic novice to qualified and confident pilot. A great experience!"
"i have just completed the course in shrewsbury and was amazed at the attention i recieved from dicky and the team at the football ground, the quality of the instruction, venue and catering was 100%. i had very little experience and no confidence but came away with both. i have learned that there are many aspects to flying a drone safely and with confidence. many thanks and would strongly recommend."
"I went on the 5 day UAV course in Shrewsbury, and the Flyby team were really great! The 2 day ground school is geared to give you all the information you need in an easily accessible manner. I rented a drone from them for the training and Flight Skills Test, and this was great. I have gained a LOT of knowledge and experience from going on the course, and I will fly much safer and better because of it. All the members of the Flyby team are approachable and friendly."
Robert Scott
Verified Reviewer
"I'm just back after an intense 4 day course in Shrewsbury. Should have been 5 days, but as heavy rain was expected on the final day, the preceding days were extended to deal with the ground school, flying and the necessary testing. The instructors were perfectly happy to work the extra hours to accommodate this. To be honest, I found the course to be quite intense at times, and certain elements were difficult to grasp, but there is help there to achieve the goals, and I found it very rewarding at the end. The venue at Shrewsbury Town football stadium was great, and the catering was to a high standard. Thanks to Dicky, Roy, Gareth and trainee instructor Andy!!"
Mark Fletcher
Verified Reviewer
"I have been trained by Flyby last year 2017 to obtain my Pfco. I have come across a query the CAA guidane was open to interpretation so sought help from Flyby to gey some clarity. I recieved a prompt reply via email and a call within 30mins of asking for help. Great supportive service. Thank you."
Michael Evans
Verified Reviewer
"I recently undertook Flyby's 5 day training course for Initial drone pilot standard. JJ took us through the ground school modules and was excellent. He delivered the training in an engaging manor and prepared us well for the written exam we would take on day 2. Andy Bird our instructor for the flight skills part of the course was patient and helpful and guided us through the skills we would need to pass the flight skills test. We were given amble opportunity to practise our skills before the FST. I would highly recommend this course to anyone looking to apply to the CAA for the PfCO."
"I did the full groundschool and flight skills training over 4 days. It was a complete success. My flying improved exponentially. Before, I would have rated my skills as mediocre - now, I feel competent. The instructors are friendly and helpful and inspire you with confidence. The students - all ages, both genders - form a great camaraderie together. I wouldn't consider any other school for further training."
Simon Reynolds
Verified Reviewer
"Did the 5 day drone pilot training, thoroughly enjoyed the course. It was hard work but JJ and Andy were both brilliant. Patient and helpful and good fun to work with too. The extra 2 days flying with Andy was really helpful for the final Flight Skills Test. The venue in Bristol is superb. The food was excellent. Looking forward to the next stage and continuing support from the team at Flyby. Can't praise them highly enough. Thanks guys."
"Great team of instructors. Very helpful. Very good at explaining a very complex set of air laws and charts. (as i am dyslexic, willing to help explains in a way that helped me understand) Very knowledgeable."
"The training was comprehensive and engaging and throughout the process I felt supported. Since gaining my PfCO through Flyby I have had cause to call on their knowledge for advice on other aspects of the drone industry and they have been only too happy to help. My experience is that you are not only paying for the three training days but for a careers worth support and advice. Highly recommended."
"Superb training school for aspiring Drone Pilots taught by instructors that have a passion for aviation and doing things the correct way. The post-course help/advice is fantastic. You have a team behind you that understands how the CAA and Air Law works in fine detail. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED"
Flyby Technology is rated 4.99 based on 110 reviews