Flyby Technology Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Flyby Technology

Tell us how Flyby Technology made you happy

Live Chat, Telephone, Email
"I attended the course in York. In total there were 7 participants, although only 5 of us stayed for the full 5 days. The instructors (Kevin and Pete) were incredibly knowledgeable and imparted the information and skills in a relaxed and unpressured manner, which for a complete newbie to Drones was well received. I think the 5 day course was crucial for me to allow the information and training to properly sink in, whereas the 3 day course would have been far too condensed to fully get my head around the concepts being taught. All in all, an excellent 5 days, even when the weather wasn't playing ball."
"I attended the three day drone training/PFCO exam in Shrewsbury last week with instructor Gareth and everything was great! The course was structured really well, the ground school was informative and the fact that all of their courses are taught by manned flight pilots means that the depth of information is fantastic! Any questions can and will be answered in expert detail and with plenty of background. The actual course is delivered in an easy to digest format, with really great powerpoints and diagrams to explain anything complicated. The location was great, comfortable and very suitable for drone flying. Leaving the course there is loads of support available too. There really isn't much more to say other than that I would 100% recommend this course and company! It is more expensive than other PFCO courses available, but for the depth of information available and the support provided I don't actually think its comparable, Flyby are offering a huge amount more and the cost is totally justified! I am very happy I went with them and will continue to recommend them!"
"I signed up for Flyby's West London 3 day course and was fully satisfied. Not only did Kevin, my instructor, have a wealth of knowledge about everything drone related from operation to legal concerns, he also fully understood how to disseminate every little bit of it. Add to that his unflinching patience with a newbie to the drone world and you have a perfect recipe for a successful seminar. Highly recommendable!"
"I signed up for Flyby's West London course and was fully satisfied with the result. Kevin, the instructor, had a wealth of knowledge about everything drone related from operation to legal concerns and furthermore did know how to disseminate every little bit of it. Add to that his patience in dealing with a newbie and you have a recipe for success. I couldn't have asked for more."
"Great service with comprehensive training and good knowledge on aircraft rules and regulations so you don't get caught out!! I did the 3 days but had booked the 5 days thinking I might need the extra training. However, I learnt pretty early on that I would be OK to pass my test so was refunded my additional money and did my test on the 3rd day with no issues. Gareth was awesome and really helped keep the mood light and the work interesting."
"I took part in a Flyby course for drone pilots. It was a 3 day course with all requirements cover. We had instructor Matthew take us through 2 days ground skills theory and then a day of flight practical. I felt the delivery was insightful and adapted to suit my personal learning style. The setting for both elements was excellent and the well thought out. As a company Flyby gave a quality service from discovery through to delivery. I highly recommend them and their training courses."
"Flybe delivered everything they said they would do and with great enthusiasm and knowledge. I was a complete beginner at the start, never even held or operated a drone but at the end i felt completely confident to go out into the real to capture some great photography. The course was very informative, the presentation was nicely laid out and the modules were easily understood as they were broken down into simple chunks. The instructor was easy too talk too, would help out whenever required and encouraged any questions we had. I would 100% recommend Flyby!"
"I finally got whole of PfCO and I would like to thank you for all help and support that FLYBY giving me and guide me to the process of applying. From ground school pilot to admin who been very helpful from the beginning. I have a chance to flying practice with other school and I can say I'm making a right choice choosing FLYBY to help me getting the PfCO."
"Recently attended a 5 day course and am hugely impressed by all aspects of the course and flyby in general. Pete, who runs the course in Lincoln, delivered the theory aspect in a simple to understand and enjoyable manner, with clear reference to real world application. The practical section was great fun and learning to fly the drone was made simple again by the great tuition. I now can’t wait to complete my operations manual with Flyby’s continuing guidance and apply for my PfCO."
"An satisfyingly intense but clear course with very professionals from the military and aviation industry. Pete, our trainer, was patient and extremely helpful. He knew all the answers and really focused on key areas of flying quadcopters safely to the CAA guidelines and procedural specifications. Very happy!"
"Flyby have been very helpful from the word go. On the phone and in emails, nothing short of helpful. Any query or concern I had was answered promptly."
"This has been a journey for me personally having never flown a drone before. Pete in Lincoln is an extremely knowledgeable and professional instructor. I would definitely recommend the course whether you wish to fly commercially or just for pleasure. I can't recommend Fly By enough. Great course, great Team - thanks for a en excellent service"
"Attended the Lincoln area course last week a full on learning experience with Pete at the helm. A very good experience through ground school to whizzing around in the air recommend the course to anyone hobbiest or commercial wanting to learn to fly drones safely and successfully within the country."
"Absolutely marvellous. Chris Keane was our tutor/examiner and the proof was in the pudding - we all passed with flying colours. The course was fun, packed with content and was great for confidence building. I couldn’t recommend Flyby more - Outstanding chaps, outstanding!"
"Fantastic communication from the team start to finish. The course itself is well constructed and comprehensive - I went from zero skills, zero flying hours and zero knowledge to a pass in two weekends! The support available after the course to develop my ops manual and help me choose and purchase my first drone is also very welcome! 5* from me - if you need drone training these are the guys"
"My hat is off to Chris Keane and his team at Flyby Technology! The level of professionalism and the depth of knowledge is truly incredible. But all this was delivered at a human level, not being in a learning environment for a good few years I was apprehensive. Chris made everything so much fun, we were learning this stuff and not realising it, and it went in! The course materials are very well presented and easy to read and follow. the help with producing your Operational Manual was amazing. I have a case where I need to get my OM approved as soon as possible due to pending assignments, Mike at Flyby HQ in York made sure I had everything I need in advance and advised me all the way, to the point where I had everything ready to go as soon as I completed both the ground school and the Flight Skill Test. Flyby, Thank you for going the extra mile (Thanks nautical miles, and well above ground level!) If you are thinking of taking the plunge into the world of UAV, look no further David Hawkins"
"My time on the course with Flyby technology was great. Kevin was a phenomenal instructor and delivered both the theory and practical in a really structured and organised fashion. I have never done any drone piloting before and I have come out with much confidence after the training and teaching I got and I would highly recommend this course to anyone considering going for their PFCO."
"Completed my 3 day course this week and have to say enjoyed every minute of it - even the exams! The time was well structured and goals clearly set out. Our instructor, Pete Batson, gave us the knowledge and encouragement to fully understand what is expected of us as responsible and safe drone operators. Would highly recommend Flyby and am already looking to book a place for my colleague."
"I have just completed the CAA PfCO training programme with FlyBy. The course is well presented with first rate documentation and manuals and the instructors were all qualified fixed wing or rotary pilots. All elements are progressed logically and clearly with student understanding regularly reviewed. The flying training element (if undertaken), provides the skills and confidence to take and pass the flying test. The company administration provides expert and crucial support during training and in developing the Operations Manual which is one of the key components of the PfCO application process and SUA pilots ongoing safe operations. First rate job all round."
"VG, as always. FlyBy are superb at keeping us legal, and up to date, and rock-solid advice when we come up against anything we're slightly unfamiliar with."
Flyby Technology is rated 4.98 based on 203 reviews