Flyby Technology Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Flyby Technology

Tell us how Flyby Technology made you happy

Live Chat, Telephone, Email
"Andy Gupwell delivered the 5 day course through at Pebbles. He has great knowledge of the drones, aviation safety and a very good background in the industry which ties hand and hand with teaching. Good clear instruction and friendly. I would highly recommend"
"Andy Gupwell led the 5 day training course at Peebles. Great knowledge on all course content and great instruction during flying. I really enjoyed the course and would recommend it to others who wish to fly drones commercially. Overall great instructor and course."
"Flyby was a really helpful comprehensive company. Andy Gupwell helped myself and the other members who participated in a professional manner. Helpful hints and tips. He went thru the course in detail. The 5 day course I would highly recommend, even if you have previous experience. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone who is interested in flying drones in the future."
"Chris Keane lead my 4 day course in Leicester. Chris who has a lot of previous experience in manned aviation was very well knowledgable, easy to follow, friendly and welcoming. There was never a dull moment on the course even during the two days of ground school. Overall good teacher and good experience."
"Kevin Dennington taught the 3 day course for commercial drone permission. A course that on paper, due to it being mainly theory weighted, looked uninspiring was very interesting due to Kevin's teaching style. The relaxed atmosphere allowed all participants to manage the 2 exams with all 3 participants passing. I would highly recommend the course!!"
"I spoke to flyby about my aim to start using my drone for commercial filming and from the word go the service was outstanding. Helpful on the phone communicating all of the relevant information in a fast and efficient manor. I decided to go for the 3 day course as I have a fair amount of flying experience which consisted of two days of ground school in a meeting room learning about all the laws, legislations e.t.c.. and a final day of a flight exam. Our instructor for this course was Kevin Dennington who is an extremely experienced pilot and he was excellent. He turned what I imagined to be a very painful couple of days into a well run, efficient, informative and what I wasn't expecting enjoyable couple of days. Within 24 hours all paperwork and operation manual have been turned round and submitted to the CAA which is something that other companies allow months for. If you are thinking of going for a PfCO then make sure you choose Flyby. TIP: Find out what courses Kevin will be running and book yourselves in."
"Completed the course at Lincoln with Pete Batson as my instructor. Pete had a vast wealth of knowledge and experience. Pete explained everything to me, and made time to explain things in simple terms. The course was really enjoyable, and the venue was good also. I would recommend Flyby Technology."
"I spent the last week on a training course with Flyby instructor David Bird at Shrewsbury. I found David to be a highly experienced instructor, with military experience, and this stood out in the way he conducted the course. He was very thorough and explained everything in detail and made sure we understood what was expected from us. Obtaining a PFCO is crucial if you plan to use a drone for commercial use, Flyby is certainly a company I would recommend."
"I was very satisfied with the 1-day course that Matthew Whitfield structured for me. He understood my main requirements and made sure that by the end of the day, I had grasped the fundamentals of drone flying and was able to fly confidently and safely. I was pleased with the pace of teaching and the flying exercises that he had arranged."
"I was very satisfied with the additional information received by phone from the company before I enrolled in their 4/5 day Platinum course. Unfortunately, the papers that I had to get through post a week before the course came a month later, but this was not an issue as I received them from the instructor on the first day of the course. The location of the course was excellent. Myself and two other colleagues did not have a car, but we were helped by our instructor, Mr. Dennington, who was nice to come and pick up each one of us. As a beginner, I was very pleased with the way the course was taught, although there was quite a lot of information to receive in just two days. If you already know what interests you, you can already filter the material you have received. As for the training skills session, because the weather is unpredictable, we had to choose a day other than the one scheduled in the program which was chosen during the week, so anyone who wants to join, should keep this in mind. The atmosphere in which the course was held, as well as the food received, was beyond my expectations. The instructor was absolutely great and excellent prepared to answer everybody's questions, and also was very patient with each of us. Overall, I would highly recommend to anyone FlyBy Technology organization for its excellent service quality and highly trained instructors."
"I have just completed the five day course with Andrew Gupwell. Andy was extreamly knowledgeable on the subject matter and was able to deliver the content in and interesting and real life scenario style which was engaging. I would recommend the five days if you have limited flying hours. I was fortunate enough to get two days of one to one training which was perfect for my needs. Andy was pretty patient!! Thanks to the Flyby team for a great week. I would highly recommend."
"I have spent the last 3 days with Andy Gupwell and the rest of the class learning all about how to fly my drone for commercial use. Theory and practical items were covered to a very high standard. I went into both tests confident due to the level of teaching. If you have no experience flying then I would advise booking up to the 5 day course. Either way, you won't be disappointed. Who knew that the theory of flying a drone could be considered fun? 5* is a little bit of an understatement."
"Had an enjoyable and engaging 3 day course at the Cringletie House Hotel with Andy Gupwell instructing. The instruction was clear and to the point, and with a good emphasis on real world application of knowledge. I feel like I've been well prepared at this stage, and like I have lots of further support to look forward to from Flyby Technology whenever I might need it as I move ahead."
"Excellent weekend course lead by our instructor Kevin. Really enjoyed all aspects of the course. Felt I was welcomed into the Aviation industry. He was very patient and friendly throughout. I'm glad I went to Flyby for my PFCO and not anyone else. Highly Recommended"
"I did the 3 day drone course with Flyby and I learnt so much useful information in such a short period of time. Not only do they help you to pass the exams required but they help you with the future plans of where you want to go with your droning. Highly recommend."
"Pete, my instructor, was extremely thorough and did nothing but give me confidence when I felt I was struggling in parts. Great course and highly recommended."
"Fantastic course delivered by Chris Keane. As a Captain for a UK based airline, I was very impressed by the content and delivery of the Ground School modules. What I was most impressed with was the application and transference of what was learnt in the classroom to the practical, operational environment. I would highly recommend Flyby Technology as a training provider for anybody looking at doing their PFCO"
"Chris, our instructor, was very knowledgeable, patient and a great chap! Our classroom days were thoroughly enjoyable and he gave us great advice and tips on flying. I would thoroughly recommend Flyby Technology for anyone looking to do the PfCO course."
"Pete took me for the 3 day ground school and 2 day skills training. Start to finish he was fantastic, so much experience and so informative. Pete really did go above and beyond to give me as much information as he could. I thoroughly enjoyed the 5 days! Thank you :)"
"Brilliant course with a brilliant instructor. Would recommend in a heart beat."
Flyby Technology is rated 4.99 based on 167 reviews