Flyby Technology Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Flyby Technology

How would you rate Flyby Technology?

"If you need the broadest understanding of how to operate a UAV safely with the utmost respect for airman-ship & aviation law, then I believe you should look no further than Flyby Technology. My experience on the ground-school in Ripley led to a comprehensive understanding of the considerations in operating a UAV safely & professionally. The depth information is delivered in an engaging and digestible manner. The flight skills days with Gareth & Matt fine tuned my flying ability and enhanced my awareness by learning new techniques, consolidating my learning gained in the ground-school and applying the knowledge professionally."
Calum Galbraith
Verified Reviewer
"Very impressed with the level of detail in the course. When the information pack arrived I was overwhelmed with the amount of information included. The ground school was very in-depth, but time was taken to ensure we fully understood the information by presenting the information in different ways and presenting real-life examples. Both Gareth and Matt were excellent instructors, very approachable with a wealth of knowledge in the aviation industry. We learned so much about the industry, protocols, safety procedures and flight skills, in 3 days of flight skills training my flying has improved much more than in 3 months practising on my own. I would highly recommend Flyby for anyone looking to become a professional UAV pilot as the level of training will even take a novice to professional level of flying."
Gerry Burke TV
Verified Reviewer
"When you're deciding which training provider to go with, unfortunately you need to actually do the training before you can accurately rate it. It's not until you work with Flyby Technology it is brought home to you how superior this service is. Take this from me - I had a world of training providers to choose from but Flyby were recommended to me and I'm so glad I went with them. The depth and quality of the ground school training is super high quality. Our Instructors were patient and always coming up with ways to help you better achieve your learning. Above all they're there to get you through the ground school exam and the flight skills test. The deal though is that you put in the training beforehand and study the coursework. Lots of laughs and a great sense of team through our five day course. And don't forget the people you meet on the course who you could collaborate with later. Very impressed. Highly recommended. Don't think about going anywhere else. Seriously - they're the business."
"I completed a 2 day course in November last year which I thought was very well presented and planned to do the remaining 3 day course at the start of the year, but due to a health problem had to delay to a later date. I found Flyby to be really helpful in helping me to arrange a new date to suit and can't wait to complete. I recommend Flyby because they are professional and friendly."
"Just completed a 3 Day Course in Bristol and the whole experience was completely professional and very engaging. Training on how to be a drone pilot from extremely experienced aviators was facinating and fun. So much to learn but the instructors help you every step of the way. Highly reccomend Flyby Technology."
"I can't imagine SUA tuition getting any better than this. I've done a three day course - feels like a lot more, as we worked hard - but it flew by, no pun intended. Not only were we equipped to approach the FST confidently, but we learned so much more - the sort of knowledge that you can only glean from very experienced, professional aviators. A wise investment, that will last and last."
"Completed 5 day course at Shrewsbury Football Ground Febuary. They have the patience of Saints as I had zero experience of Drones. Through great experience Dicky and Son were able to guide me through all aspects till finally given green light on the Friday Afternoon. I must say to all experienced or not I highly recommend the FLYBY Technology team to anybody wishing to venture into this amazing Career to jump at chance and book with them. They are highly professional, well organised and probably operating somewhere near your residence. I was a total beginner but was led and guided in a way anybody can understand to the final day when the announcement that I had completed the course sucessfully."
"I completed my training with Flyby Technology back in October in Bristol. The course was excellent, very professionally run and actually quite good fun (with delicious lunches too). The classroom elements were well prepared, informative and provided all the information required to successfully pass the exam at the end of the course. The flight test on Day 3 was completed, despite the poor weather. The Flyby team even stayed late to ensure everybody on the course had a chance to complete their tests during breaks in the rain. This was very much appreciated by everybody on the course, especially those who had travelled from overseas. The follow up work from the Flyby team was also excellent - helping guide me through the PfCO application as quickly and painlessly as possible. They have also provided extremely useful advice on a couple of complex commissions I've had in the first few months of operation. Overall, I would highly recommend them, not just for the quality of the course, but also the support provided since qualifying."
Michael Westcott
Verified Reviewer
"I recently posted on a Facebook group about a Job I have coming up that involved flying in a Class D congested area - Paisley, Glasgow) Jon Parker from Flyby Technology offered to help and he assisted me with precise instructions and easy to digest information with my query about flying sub 7kg platform in a Class D ATZ zone. If any of you have any doubts about flying in any particular areas and/or like the one above and any steps/ process you aren't too clear on - give him a shout! Thanks Jon, can't recommend him enough!"
Alan Snelling
Unverified Reviewer
"Just completed the 3-day fast-track course in Edinburgh and had to write a review! I looked at all the training providers before I opted for the Flyby course and it was clear from the outset that I had made the right choice. Right from the very first contact Flyby have been amazing. From the day the study guide arrived, to completing the course today, there’s been amazing support throughout. The instructors themselves (we had Tom & Gareth for the Edinburgh course) are fantastic - it’s truly a privilege to learn from two very experienced airmen with so much real-world military and civil flying experience under their belt (just look at the instructors profile page on the Flyby website and you’ll see what I mean). Their head instructor JP even called me from abroad to answer some of my initial questions before the course started - it’s clear the success of their students really matters to them! Make no mistake, the course is intensive and there’s a lot to learn but the Flyby team made the whole experience manageable and enjoyable but thorough at the same time. I’d highly recommend Flyby - honestly, their IDPS course is worth every penny!"
Andy Shearman
Verified Reviewer
"I attended a 5 day training course February 2018, superb classroom and hands on flight instruction, from an amazingly experienced and enthusiastic team of Aviators, which made the course extremely enjoyable, the course was packed with so much valuable technical, safety and practical flying information that gives you the confidence to move to commercial drone operations knowing you have had the very best tuition available in the market. Every thing about Flybe is 100 percent professional, from First sign up on the training course through production of the necessary documentation to safely fly drones and to obtain Permission for Commercial Operations with the CAA, and support going forward, I would fully recommend Flyby to anybody seeking these qualifications or simply wanting to fly safely."
David McDowall Williamson
Verified Reviewer
"From the first phone call to the ground staff to the moment the training started I was hooked. Interesting and detailed. Lifted my confidence and guided me through the process. Flyby Technology have been fantastic. Industry leaders."
Andrew Bates
Verified Reviewer
"After much research on the subject 'Flyby Technology' became our first choice of company to go with for Drone flight instruction. The course was very comprehensive with a great team to support from start to finish! This reassuring support has continued after the course also. The team are like a breath of fresh air. Thank you Flyby for a fantastic experience on the course and the after support a new pilot needs to progress in this dynamic field of skill."
Jamie Newson-Smith
Verified Reviewer
"Excellent course at a good pace with knowledgeable instructors. Great support and advice whilst obtaining PFCO from CAA and superb after support."
""Great course with knowledgeable instructors. Class room environment was very professional and a very informative and well delivered presentation. I chose the 5 day course which gave me 3 days flight valuable tuition with brilliant instructors and more importantly, extra confidence to understand and prepare myself for the well organised Flight Skills Test. I didn't stop after my course had finished either! Flyby expertly helped me with my CAA & PFCO application and made this so easy. I would definitely recommend this course to any of my friends & colleagues for the all round knowledge and experience that Flyby possess and pass onto its customers."
Alex From Tiddly Films
Verified Reviewer
"I did a lot of research before choosing Flyby and having now completed the course, I can 100% say I made the right decision! I was actually blown away by the very high standard of the course and how qualified and accomplished the teaching staff were. To be taught by extremely knowledgeable and skilled ex-RAF pilots who now fly commercial airliners felt like a distinct privilege. Not least because they were so welcoming, friendly and good-humoured, despite the disparity in our experience of the world of aviation. One might predict that those so highly-qualified in their field might occasionally betray a hint of frustration at teaching basic principles, but there was never even a glimmer of this. The teaching was exceptional and rapidly improved my understanding of everything needed to pass the written exam and flight test - I learned so much in three days! I would highly recommend this course and in fact we will soon be returning ourselves to get another team member qualified. Thank you Flyby for a thoroughly wonderful experience and for providing such a comprehensive, well-taught course. All the best, Alex"
Gerallt Jones
Verified Reviewer
"Fantastic course with very knowledgeable instructors. Would definitely recommend this course. They also seem to have very good support going forward."
Anthony Jones
Verified Reviewer
"A thoroughly professional and well delivered course, presented by experienced and capable aviators. All instructors are enthusiastic, knowledgeable and passionate about flying. I learned a huge amount from these guys in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere operating from a perfect training environment. I highly recommend Flyby Technology."
"The team at Flyby Technology were fantastic.... I attended the course with Dicky & his crew in Shrewsbury - extremely knowledgable and highly professional, l would recommend it to anyone wanting to fly drones to gain a PfCO :)"
"Fantastic 3 days of learning and flying. Instructor was full of knowledge and very professional and the venue was fantastic. Would highly recommend FLYBY."
Flyby Technology is rated 4.99 based on 74 reviews