Flyby Technology Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Flyby Technology
Live Chat, Telephone

How would you rate Flyby Technology ?

"I’m not in the habit of leaving reviews but I felt I should share the great experience a couple of weeks ago completing the PfCO course with Flyby Technologies at a great venue just outside Peebles in the beautiful Scottish Borders. I attended a 3 day course (5 day courses to include flight training are also available) along with a couple of other students – each of us looking to ultimately use our training experience in different ways, and the course reflected these different interests with appropriate scenarios/examples being discussed over the three days, which made it feel personal and not just another tedious PowerPoint delivery. (real Sharpies and flip boards!) The course itself was fairly full on and technical in places, but it was kept relevant and interesting throughout and the time flew. Our instructor, Andy Gupwell , was first class – he was extremely knowledgeable on every facet of this course , having come from a former career in the RAF – its worth noting that all of the FT instructors are former aviators. You can read as many books and online articles as you wish but there is no substitute from hearing it from someone who is clearly passionate and experienced on the subject. Andy had an easy, (and patient!) teaching style and I came away from this course feeling I had learned more in these 3 days than in the weeks leading up to the course, and left with a clear understanding of what is involved in safe and effective drone operations. From the first enquiry call to Flyby the administration staff were friendly and efficient in dealing with the course arrangements, answering any queries and sending out the learning materials in advance of the course. I looked at a few other PfCO course providers, but these guys stood out for me and I felt they went the extra mile. FB also provides a first class after-course support service to assist with students ongoing Ops Manual completion, registration with CAA and beyond. For anyone thinking of going attending one of these courses I would have no hesitation in recommending Flyby Technology."
"I attended the five day course in Lincoln woth Peter Batson,this included three days groundschool and test then two days flight training then a flight test. The course is intense, and there is a lot to learn,it can be very technical but was explained in a manner in which i was able to digest the relevant information and prepare you for the PFCO test. I had a good knowledge of my aircraft and how to fly my drone,but the flight School gave me extra hints and tips that have set me in good stead to operate proficiently as a professional drone operator.I attained an ATTI rating for my flight skills test and this was solely down to the training I received in my flight skills training from Peter. I’m so pleased I chose to use FlyBy technology it has given me the confidence to move forward and operate knowing i have attained the skills required to offer a safe,effective and professional service. A recommended provider and top of there game."
"Fantastic course, Chris’ experience has been invaluable with all the key content delivered well and reinforced in the right way to help you retain the knowledge and give you the confidence to move forward with your PfCO, as well as offering the support you need after you get it ! Would highly recommend this course to anyone who is interested!"
"Great set up and great course. Chris was very knowledgeable and made the course very simple to understand."
"I have just successfully completed the four day weekend course with Flyby Technology, and specifically Chris Keane as our instructor. The course was extremely well structured with just the right level of professionalism, mixed with plenty of lighthearted moments. First things first - you are sent a very nice binder within a couple of days of registering with Flyby that contains all of the relevant documentation covered in the course. Its quite a chunk so be ready for it. The laws are constantly changing and Flyby send regular updates so that you can keep this up to date. I spoke to Chris prior to the course and he was able to answer a few questions I had regarding what to look at when practicing flying the drone. On the first day Chris made us feel very welcome and any apprehension soon faded as we jumped straight into the material. I wouldn't recommend trying to do the course without doing some reading beforehand. I put in 50 hours of study time over five weeks prior to the course which allowed the actual training days to be very enjoyable. I'm quite sure some people would be able to do this with only half this amount of study but I like to be prepared. I became clear from the onset that the course was going to be interactive, which I liked a lot - its not just a sit and listen session so no chance of nodding off. That said, it always remained light and friendly so no one worried if you couldn't answer a question. Chris covered all the sections required to pass your PfCO theory exam, and to allow you to transfer the learned skills into your flying. He even covered a section before the exam on 'exam preparation' which was great as I hadn't taken an exam in 30+ years. The exam itself went very well and I was confident that I had passed even before the result came in. This proved to me that Flyby had a very good handle on what was required by the CAA Chris then led us through what would be expected from us the following weekend for the Flight Skills Test. We had the perfect day for flying with very little wind, although the sun was a little tricky at times. Chris briefed us on the task, as a normal client would and then we had to do all of necessary paperwork, risk assessments etc before actually completing the flight test. All in all I strongly recommend Flyby Technology who were professional and completely thorough throughout. I am happy to give very positive feedback to the other members of my team who will be attending further courses over the coming months"
"I attended the Flyby Technology five day course in 30/07 - 03/08 at the Edinburgh location and my experience was wholly positive. I had researched my preferred provider prior to booking and based my decision to opt for Flyby Technology on the basis of staff profiles, in that instructors are highly experienced aviators with an RAF background, the high ratio of positive feedback from previous attendees and the post course support available to Flyby Technology students. From the initial enquiry through to delivery the process was efficient and very well coordinated with course materials arriving promptly as stated and any queries I had being answered in full by the office staff. The course location was superb where all students attending were very well catered for by the facility staff. Andy Gupwell our instructor for the course was very professional, knowledgeable and had an excellent delivery style which ensured that all students grasped the concepts and understanding required to succeed. The learning and teaching materials were of a very high standard with the student handbook containing all the information required for a successful outcome. I opted for the five day course as I felt the additional two days flight training would be beneficial. I wasn’t disappointed, by the end of the training I had further consolidated the classroom work and theory aspects of the course and was better able to apply this in a practical sense. The support and advice received from Andy over the additional two days was superb, I had always been nervous about flying too far from the home point, however Andy equipped me with the skills, techniques and confidence to fly distances I had never experienced before. I would highly recommend Flyby Technology as a training provider to anyone considering the PfCO course, I would also recommend the five day course if budget and time allows as in my experience it consolidates the theory aspects of the course, further develops and enhances the practical elements of the course and in my case made for a much more confident and knowledgeable pilot."
"Amazing team & support, every time I have had an issue or needed advice they have been swift to answer any questions and give me the advice I need to conduct aerial operations. A pleasure to deal with, highly recommended."
"I can certainly say from first hand experience that the support that Flyby say they can provide well after you gaining your PfCO is indeed there, after specific advice was needed for a recent commercial operation. Thanks guys!"
"Did a 3 day ground and air school with FlyBy to gain my PfCO, couldn’t recommend them enough, not only was the school hugely beneficial in terms of practical and theoretical knowledge they gave insight into real world situations. On top of that you have the benefit of having the FlyBy team at the end of an email or phone call to guide you through any queries you may have while on jobs or just about the ever changing drone rules and regs. If you’re thinking of joining the ranks, use FlyBy!! Thanks guys!"
"I passed and gained my Pfco with Flyby Technology which on it's own was something worth a 5 star review, but since then, they've been a source of great help and knowledge. Of recent I've had 2 reasons to be in touch with Flyby and they have been excellent in helping me with my queries, offering expert answers and advice which has helped me secure new work. I'm very glad that I chose to train with Flyby Technology."
"After extensively researching different course options online I finally joined Flyby's Bristol Weekender course, and was very impressed with the level of professionalism from the entire team, whether the admin support or the two very knowledgeable instructors. The ground school was very intensive, with a lot of complex stuff to cover in just two days, but JJ demystified it, kept things lighthearted and led us through it, focusing on the material most relevant to us. Andy, our flight instructor, is a great, experienced teacher who immediately boosted my confidence while teaching me some more advanced moves and making sure safety drills become second nature. Highly recommend Flyby to anyone who's looking to get their PFCO. Thank you guys!"
"This IS the go-to NQE in the UK when it comes to the training required for PfCO submission. Right from the start they were extremely flexible with dates (thanks Stephanie & Helen) and also willing to split the course up to fit in with my diary, doing a 3day week and 2day weekend to complete the whole IDPS schedule. Pre-course questions answered remarkably quickly by Jon and then the groundschool run by Dicky (and then later joined with Roy) was impeccable and put over to us with extreme experience and knowledge to boot; thanks for all the support. Flight school and FST test with Chris Keane was more than a pleasure and again the amount of knowledge gained during this section of the course was immense. Ops Manual generation was something else and corrections/additions to an extremely comprehensive start point well received and turned around quickly. I wouldn't go anywhere else for follow up training; you shouldn't either!"
"I have just completed the weekender course and it was excellent. As a current serving Military Helicopter Pilot I can categorically say that this course sets up potential pilots with everything they need to know for their future careers. Giving them the knowledge and skills to operate safely. The courseware is fantastic, with very good training. Nick our instructor was excellent. The ongoing support for the Ops Manual is excellent and you pay for Flyby Technology and their expertise for the future. I would highly recommend them to anyone."
"I took the 4 days weekend course. having Nick on 1st weekend and Kevin on our 2nd weekend. All I can say to everyone who's looking at this review... YOU WILL NOT REGRAT IT!! Both instructors gave us some good advice from preparations to doing the OM. I've learned a lot on the ground and in the air. Thank you guys!"
"I had the absolute pleasure of doing my PfCO Initial Drone Pilot Standard course with Kevin at Flyby Technology. Kevin was a great and professional instructor, and had a class with wide ranging levels of ability. He handled everything very well and the course was very well run and a great deal of fun. I would highly recommend them to anyone considering the course. :)"
"Having been on other drone training courses, there is a huge difference in the level of expertise, experience, and professionalism that is brought together in an engaging and confidence inspiring environment. Flyby provides a comprehensive curriculum which covers all you need to start flying in a professional and safe fashion."
"From the first time I phoned them until I received my Permission for Commercial Operations (PfCO) today, I have had only the most outstanding service from Flyby Technology, including receiving initial information, course documents, the course itself (consisting of theory and practice and the written examination and competency test) and supporting me through submission of the Operations Manual to the CAA. Flyby are very prompt in answering correspondence and replying to phone messages, so if customer service is important to you, you could not do better. This is without doubt the leading UAV NQE in the UK. Superb instructors but, as importantly, first class management and administrative support. I highly recommend them for competency, quiet efficiency, customer care and technical, practical and organisational know-how and integrity. A not unimportant bonus is that they are all incredibly nice people."
"We had Chris keen as our instructor, very knowledgeable nice guy, would definitely recommend flyby and Chris for anyone that is considering using them."
"Great course, tutors have masses of experience to enpart. Interactive ground classroom, long days but set up in a way that we could maintain concentration. Great teaching stile. Well recommended to anybody who wants to fly a drone for hobby or work. Thank you."
"Expert training, great course. Cant wait to get going. Would reccomend to evryone."
Flyby Technology is rated 4.99 based on 126 reviews