Flyby Technology Reviews

of reviewers recommend Flyby Technology
Live Chat, Telephone, Email
Read Flyby Technology Reviews

Tell us how Flyby Technology made you happy
I completed my training with Flyby Technology in 2017, they have set me in good stead for my work as a drone operator. Always on the end of the phone or email to answer any questions or queries.This level of support is invaluable when entering into the aviation industry.
Just had a great informative chat with one of the guys at Flyby Tech about an issue I was having. Within a 10 minute phone call all was sorted and I'm now ready to fly again. I can't recommend enough.
Great course to brush up on my aviation skills and translate across to remotely piloting an unmanned aerial vehicle. Pete delivered a great course in a truly outstanding and professional way, interjecting with excellent additional tracking points based on his remarkable career in aviation. A course definitely worth taking.
Kevin from Flyby Technology is absolutely fantastic at what he does. He is patient and not judgemental in the slightest. He has enabled me to become a competent drone operator and I thank him hugely. On the whole a great company to be trained by!!!!
I honestly can't recommend Flyby enough. I started the course thinking all it takes to fly a drone was buying the thing and playing around with it. After 5 days with my instructor, Pete, I have an in-depth knowledge of not only the legal guidelines and legislation regarding drone flight safety but the ability to read aviation maps, flight terminology, survey maps and weather TAFs. I was also given lessons on the physics behind flight, wind paths and aerodynamics. When you finish the course you feel like a fully fledged pilot! 10/10
I have just finished the 3 day PfCO course at Flyby. Our ground school instructor John Jones was very knowledgeable and able to provide real world examples. The course was well structured and the materials provided were very good and contained all of the information needed to progress through the course. Our assessment was conducted on day 3 and was run by Andy. A few tips from an experienced SUA pilot made a real difference with my own piloting skills. I like many others have had a decent amount of experience and flight time however I wish I had done the 2 day flight skills training just to gain the knowledge and expertise that this crew provide. Thank you Flyby.
I attended the five day PfCO course, with Pete as the instructor, having never flown a SUA before. His valuable experience made the course interesting, absorbing with delivery at the appropriate speed and level. The facillities where good, with the exception of the poor lighting in the conference room which meant people with poor eyesight struggled viewing the screen. The course notes where very good and had just the right amount of information so not to confuse or over train a new entry. The support staff in the office where also very knowledgeable and supportive. I will recommend them in the future.
Great company to deliver training with experienced tutors. Flexible approach to ensure courses can be delivered around client needs.
Just finished a 5 day course with Flyby and particularly Gareth. An excellent course in two fantastic locations. Ground School was well presented and resourced, the practice days and Flight Skills Test were really good and showed the dedication these guys have to ensuring everyone got the best out of their time. Would recommend and we will be booking more time with Flyby Technology
I attended the PfCO course close to Lincoln this week, and would thoroughly recommend it. The trainer, Pete, was excellent; extremely knowledgable and helpful, putting across the material in a clear and easy to understand format, helped by the study manual and the very good PowerPoint presentation. All of the content, from legal requirements, to navigation and meteorology were all explained in a manner that made them easy to remember. I did the 3 day course, having got some previous experience of drone flying, and it worked very well with the third day spent partly working on preparation of the operations manuel, and partly 'in the field' practicing flying to the standard required and then taking the flight skills test. The ongoing support offered by FlyBy is a real bonus too. Overall I would thoroughly recommend the FlyBy course, and Pete as an instructor! Thanks to all concerned for a great week!
I attended the course in York. In total there were 7 participants, although only 5 of us stayed for the full 5 days. The instructors (Kevin and Pete) were incredibly knowledgeable and imparted the information and skills in a relaxed and unpressured manner, which for a complete newbie to Drones was well received. I think the 5 day course was crucial for me to allow the information and training to properly sink in, whereas the 3 day course would have been far too condensed to fully get my head around the concepts being taught. All in all, an excellent 5 days, even when the weather wasn't playing ball.
I attended the three day drone training/PFCO exam in Shrewsbury last week with instructor Gareth and everything was great! The course was structured really well, the ground school was informative and the fact that all of their courses are taught by manned flight pilots means that the depth of information is fantastic! Any questions can and will be answered in expert detail and with plenty of background. The actual course is delivered in an easy to digest format, with really great powerpoints and diagrams to explain anything complicated. The location was great, comfortable and very suitable for drone flying. Leaving the course there is loads of support available too. There really isn't much more to say other than that I would 100% recommend this course and company! It is more expensive than other PFCO courses available, but for the depth of information available and the support provided I don't actually think its comparable, Flyby are offering a huge amount more and the cost is totally justified! I am very happy I went with them and will continue to recommend them!
I signed up for Flyby's West London 3 day course and was fully satisfied. Not only did Kevin, my instructor, have a wealth of knowledge about everything drone related from operation to legal concerns, he also fully understood how to disseminate every little bit of it. Add to that his unflinching patience with a newbie to the drone world and you have a perfect recipe for a successful seminar. Highly recommendable!
I signed up for Flyby's West London course and was fully satisfied with the result. Kevin, the instructor, had a wealth of knowledge about everything drone related from operation to legal concerns and furthermore did know how to disseminate every little bit of it. Add to that his patience in dealing with a newbie and you have a recipe for success. I couldn't have asked for more.
Great service with comprehensive training and good knowledge on aircraft rules and regulations so you don't get caught out!! I did the 3 days but had booked the 5 days thinking I might need the extra training. However, I learnt pretty early on that I would be OK to pass my test so was refunded my additional money and did my test on the 3rd day with no issues. Gareth was awesome and really helped keep the mood light and the work interesting.
I took part in a Flyby course for drone pilots. It was a 3 day course with all requirements cover. We had instructor Matthew take us through 2 days ground skills theory and then a day of flight practical. I felt the delivery was insightful and adapted to suit my personal learning style. The setting for both elements was excellent and the well thought out. As a company Flyby gave a quality service from discovery through to delivery. I highly recommend them and their training courses.
Flybe delivered everything they said they would do and with great enthusiasm and knowledge. I was a complete beginner at the start, never even held or operated a drone but at the end i felt completely confident to go out into the real to capture some great photography. The course was very informative, the presentation was nicely laid out and the modules were easily understood as they were broken down into simple chunks. The instructor was easy too talk too, would help out whenever required and encouraged any questions we had. I would 100% recommend Flyby!
I finally got whole of PfCO and I would like to thank you for all help and support that FLYBY giving me and guide me to the process of applying. From ground school pilot to admin who been very helpful from the beginning. I have a chance to flying practice with other school and I can say I'm making a right choice choosing FLYBY to help me getting the PfCO.
Recently attended a 5 day course and am hugely impressed by all aspects of the course and flyby in general. Pete, who runs the course in Lincoln, delivered the theory aspect in a simple to understand and enjoyable manner, with clear reference to real world application. The practical section was great fun and learning to fly the drone was made simple again by the great tuition. I now can’t wait to complete my operations manual with Flyby’s continuing guidance and apply for my PfCO.
An satisfyingly intense but clear course with very professionals from the military and aviation industry. Pete, our trainer, was patient and extremely helpful. He knew all the answers and really focused on key areas of flying quadcopters safely to the CAA guidelines and procedural specifications. Very happy!
Flyby Technology is rated 4.98 based on 213 reviews