Essential Data Recovery Reviews

89% of reviewers recommend Essential Data Recovery
"I was very stressed to say the least when I contacted Sarah regarding my damaged hard drive. She reassured me from the start and helped me get all my data back for the £155 fee she quoted. Highly recommended!"
Dr J Rumbold
Verified Buyer
"Essential Data Recovery provided an excellent service, with an upfront fixed costs service if they could recover your data. The service was very speedy and efficient. It was significantly cheaper than the other national firm I enquired about. Sarah is the model of efficiency and customer service, and I would not hesitate to recommend them to others."
"Got all my music back plus all photos of my daughter and all in the original folders, exactly how I'd left them!"
"Surprisingly simple! When I sent my external drive to Essential Data I had already been without access to my business files for nearly 3 weeks whilst I was being played for a fool by another company. I had been told by the other company that my data could be recovered within 2 hours of them receiving my damaged drive, even sending me a file list. They then proceeded to give me a bill for £900 after promising me it would be £97 before I sent it to them! They then took nearly 3 weeks to send me my drive back as they proceeded to phone me reducing the price down to £700 and then £400. When Sarah phoned me when she received my drive within a few hours of it being signed for I was so happy to hear my data could still be recovered. I paid Essential Data exactly what was advertised, £155 fee for the recovery and in my case I paid £95 extra for their express service. My advice - Be careful where you send your drive!! Thanks again Sarah."
"Sarah was reassuring and efficient. She guided me through what to do with my son's crashed SSD drive containing sentimentally important photographs. On receiving it she rang me the next day with the good news that the data could be recovered and put onto a separate hard drive for a fixed price (£175+vat). She was also able to provide the hard drive for an additional £49.99+vat which I accepted. When data recovery was complete I was contacted again and the new drive was returned in an extremely well packed parcel with all data recovered. Sarah also explained how to access the data and told me that the data was held by the company for 7 days in case of problems. I was extremely impressed by the whole process and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Essential Data Recovery. And another big thank you to Sarah! My son who had given up hope after a very expensive up front and non guaranteed quote from another company is absolutely over the moon!"
"Brilliant service! I was half expecting some sort of back street garage routine jacking the price up after I had sent my external in. All I got was a polite call from Sarah saying she could get all my data back for the £155 fixed fee she had quoted the day before. Nothing more nothing less!"
"Genuine people who want to help! No pushy sales or constant phone calls at all hours of the evening like I am still getting from other companies I contacted weeks later! Essential Data recovered all my data for the £155 fee quoted to me in advance. I can’t recommend enough!"
"Answered my initial enquiry promptly. Very approachable to discuss data recovery project and answer questions. Kept me informed of progress. Efficient and professional service."
"The customer experience was of an exceptionally high standard. At every step of the way the follow up was superb. Other businesses could learn a thing or two from Sarah's professional customer focused friendly personal service."
"Essential Data Recovery gave me a fixed price in advance for recovering data I lost when an external backup drive had failed. They offered a free analysis up front together with a very reasonable fixed price up front which covered all costs unless they needed to buy parts or provide a disk on which to put the data. The recovery was very effective. I would highly recommend their service and avoid organisations out there that offer a free analysis then come back with an extortionate quote for delivering the accessible data afterwards. Much better to know what you are going to pay in advance. Furthermore, communication was excellent and there was no pressure applied at any point in the decision-making process. They made a very worrying situation much easier to handle. Thank you!!"
Steve Strickson
Verified Buyer
"I am a genuine customer who needed data recovered. Ignore the one star ratings that are probably not even real customers as I was charged a fixed price to cover disks from a RAID set which had corrupted partitions, no talk of extra charges or pulling disks apart, the disks were both known to be mechanically faulty but all data was recovered including folders, folder stricture and file names. A fantastic company to deal with who have top class customer services. I would highly recommend this company and would happily use them again, though preferably I would prefer not to lose data again."
Sarah Collier
Verified Buyer
"Absolutely brilliant service. Sarah was so helpful and guided us through the whole process. We had potentially lost all our data as our laptop had failed and the hard drive was only working on 3 out of the 4 heads but Sarah and her team were fantastic. They were able to recover 84% of data and so our precious photos and movies were retrieved. I honestly could not recommend Data Recovery Setvices highly enough-they are honest, thorough, quick, reasonably priced and kept us informed throughout. There are lots of companies out there trying to charge ridiculous amounts to recover data but Essential Data recovery are NOT one of them. I would 100% recommend them and so appreciate the work they have done. Thank you so much."
"It was actually a few months ago I used this service now but I can see from their website the service they offer is still the same. If you are reading this, then I have been in the same predicament as you. Trying to pick a reputable company you can trust from the internet is hard, but when reading through the previous jobs, my own scenario was there and it gave me confidence to give them a call. Sarah was brilliant on the phone and could answer every question I threw at her with ease. A few days later, my data has been returned and all within the fixed fee price - Fabulous service, and many thanks."
Happy New Year, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Even if it was a few months back now.
F Robinson
Verified Buyer
"Thanks again for going the extra mile and getting my data back for me before Christmas! I hope you both have a lovely break! It really has put my mind at rest knowing I haven't lost anything."
Thanks for the review! I hope you had a good Christmas and New Year!
Bryan McAlley
Verified Buyer
"Excellent service to save data on a corrupted external hard drive and transfer it to a new one. I would not hesitate to recommend this company, who kept me informed every step of the way and whose charges are very reasonable."
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, I am glad we could help!
"Very responsive, very technically able and excellent tracking of my job. A great all round service."
"Sarah got my data back for the price she quoted in the time frame she guesssed when I dropped it in to her for assessment. Thumbs up from me."
"Excellent level of service and very friendly to deal with. Its nice to deal with real people in person and not through a call center in our day and age. Would highly recommend, in fact I already have to several friends and colleagues."
"Thank You So Much!! I really had started to come to terms with losing all my photos from the last 20 years, including my wedding and honeymoon! I had been told 100% by my local PC repair shop that nothing could be done as it had been dropped and that any attempt to do so would just be a waste of time and money! They must have some pretty special equipment or techniques is all I can say. My local PC repair guy can't understand how they got any data back at all."
Rainbow Plastics
Verified Buyer
"Our NAS server was down and it was impossible to recover the data using windows, in the meanwhile my backup has failed and staff forgotten to inform me. So the recovery of the data was a must. I have Google searched many companies local and national most who are offering free assessments but they like to hide the end costs to recover data. When I pushed them for the price they are quoting from £97 turns into "any amount+vat" they were very pushy and eager to get the HD over. Pushy sales is a put off for me. Sarah from Essential Data was honest and upfront and did exactly what she promised, she is very knowledgeable and knew exactly what she is talking about unlike some of the other companies using call centre sales people to get the drive over. I sent the drive by special delivery and could not sleep that night, so stressed. I was delighted when she called me hours after she received my hard drive and said she is confident she can recover the data. I was still a bit wary until she started to read some file names, it's saved my bacon I must say! She is genuine young lady and no pushy sales here. The service is offered on table you take it or leave it. That's exactly my way of doing business. A massive thank you to you Sarah. The price is also very good comparing to other companies offering similar services. A big 6 star I will give to Sarah and her team."
Essential Data Recovery is rated 4.53 based on 36 reviews