DIY Kitchens Reviews

9PM
9PM

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does DIY Kitchens deliver?

How can I contact DIY Kitchens?

Tell us how DIY Kitchens made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Telephone
"Absolutely awful experience with DIY Kitchens and I would advise anyone to steer well clear of this company. I ordered my kitchen back in March 2019. It's now July and I'm still making daily phone calls to DIY Kitchens trying to sort out the last bits and largely being ignored. The kitchen they have delivered is not up to scratch (despite it taking over three months to deliver and there are still items outstanding). Do not believe the positive reviews - these are largely outdated and the company has really gone downhill recently. If I was starting again I would 100% have gone to one of the more established kitchen suppliers where you know what to expect."
Are you DIY Kitchens? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Really disappointed to be writing a poor review of DIY Kitchens as the quality of my units and initial delivery was all very good. The poor review relates to the quality of their post-sales service. Upon delivery we had a damaged unit (part of the mechanism had broken loose from the carcass during transit). Initial response was very positive, even returning a response on a bank holiday Monday. After a bit of to and fro they agreed to replace the unit and send a replacement. They intially indicated that this would be with me either Monday 6th May or Tuesday 7th May. My wife took the Monday off work and me the Tuesday so we has it covered. At the end of Tuesday nothing had arrived. I contacted their support on Tuesday evening and got no response on their support system so phoned end of Wednesday, to be told "not really sure what happened as to why it wasn't delivered". Thursday I was told they would have to reschedule it for Monday 13th May. Once again my wife took the Monday off work, me the Tuesday. Given their failure to deliver the previous week I took it upon myself to call them on the Monday to confirm delivery, which I was told it would be either late Monday (after 5pm) or early Tuesday. I was sent the driver's mobile number so I could contact him. I was actually starting to delieve they might have sorted it out! I messaged the driver Monday night and then again Tuesday morning to request a broad delivery time. The driver called me to let me know that we didn't have anything down for delivery to me! I called the office on Tuesday morning, to be told that it wasn't loaded on to the van on Monday (so it was very clear that when I called to check on Monday that nobody actually checked anything at all - what's the point?). It is apparently coming out to me Wednesday (tomorrow). Although it wouldn't be a massive surprise if it didn't turn up. Terrible, post-sales service. I would not recommend DIY Kitchens purely as a result of this experience. As an aside. It seems to take 2-3 days to get a response to any post-sales online tickets, the phone line rings for a minimum of 10 minutes every time I call. On one occassion having waited for 13 minutes the line announced that I would have to try again later and then dropped the line. Oh and on the question of compensating me I was told that I had to put that question in an email to them. After my wife and I have wasted 4 days taking time off work, they couldn't work out what I wanted compensation for. Laughable! Take this an official request for compensation! UPDATE Wednesday 22 May - Having been told my unit would be delivered on a "special service" on Wednesday I took another day off work. I waited until 1:15pm before calling to confirm it was definately coming out today and to learn whether the unit had left the factory. Got told they would check and call me back. I waited until 2:45pm without a call. I called back, spoke to another member of staff, to be given the number of the driver who was delivering my item. I called the number to discover that driver didn't have my item at all. I called DIY Kitchens back to be told that number was incorrect. I got told that here was confusion because my unit was on a "special service" because of the problems I had been experiencing. I finally got notification at 5:30pm that my unit was on it's way and would be delivered Wednesday evening. As I have come to expect, no delivery was made Wednesday evening.......Another failed delivery and day of misinformation! Thanks DIY Kitchens for the "Special Service" although at first sight it is actually the same as your standard service whereby you tell me it's coming and then it doesn't. UPDATED : 11th July 2019 As a result of the poor service I was offered compensation by the customer service manager in her phone call. I messaged DIY Kitchens on 23rd June to remind them that they had still not got in contact with my offer of compensation. I heard nothing from them in the two weeeks that followed. I messaged again today (11th July 2019) let's wait and see if they responsd at all. Such poor after sales service. Once they have your money, they frankly don't care!"
"I cannot stress enough how bad of an experience we have had with DIY Kitchens. Paid 4k for a kitchen that arrived 1 week late, damaged and with significant parts missing. Got told it would arrive either Wednesday or Thursday of that week - great. Didn't show up until Saturday. No explanations, no apologies... 4 weeks on from the original delivery date I am still having to chase missing units/doors/drawer fronts. They have been sending me missing/damaged items in dribs and drabs, some of which have been damaged themselves. They have clearly had QC issues as it arrived with lots of chipped paintwork/marks over the painted finishes. Edging strips on the edges of some panels have not been glued on properly, some have the glue they use for the edging strips smeared over the panels that you can't remove. Their customer service is shocking. Their support ticket system is so slow it's not use-able. You can't get through to them on the phone most of the time; when you do, you get told to write a support ticket... There are some serious failings with their internal communication systems. Ultimately the end product is one very unhappy customer. Useless company. Bought British to support the local economy and this is what I get. They have 4k of my money and I have an incomplete kitchen 4 weeks after it should have arrived, and a whole load of stress to boot. I have wasted days (literally) trying to sort this mess out. I have formally complained and after over 7 days It took me to ring them to get a response which was, you can have a £50 refund. Not acceptable. Parents recently bought a kitchen from Wickes which arrived on time, everything there, not a thing wrong. Seriously, go somewhere else, it's not worth the hassle."
"First of all my kitchen was a week late after technical problems their end, they couldn't give me a definite delivery day, rung 3 times all 3 times saying different things, the day it was due to be delivered I got an email saying there was 3 missing doors & I would have to wait another 5-7 working days for them, as it turns out there were 4 missing doors. There is damage to the units & plinths, I am still waiting for someone to get back to me regarding these issues!!! After care customer service is appalling,"
"Appauling (non existent) customer service. Made no effort to rectify issues they created by failing to deliver half of a kitchen ordered (and paid for) 7 weeks in advance. Poor communication at every stage once you've handed over your money. I wouldn't use this company again even if their kitchens were free!."
"appalling delivery."
"Quality, price, service, delivery all superb. We got what we wanted at 75% of the cost of others, Most pleased about having what we desired as apposed to being told what we could have, simple example we wanted pullout drawers under the sink, 2 main competitors said we couldn't have this unless we had the much more expensive ranges! Also came up with good alternative solutions when something we wanted wouldn't work in our confuguration."
"Product is excellent and the service has been superb. Knocks spots off all the big name kitchens that I have looked at before setting for this company."
"Vast choice of unit sizes & designs. Samples available. Easy ordering with quick response if help needed. Comes fully assembled including doors. Very heavy quality made units. Massively cheaper than high street. Made in Britain. Recommended. Ssve £££££££"
"Every aspect of the process of getting out own-designed kitchen has been easy and even delightful. The range of styles on the website was much more than adequate for our needs. We visitied the showroom and had some very helpful, productive conversations with their advisers. There was no pushiness or pressure on the part of the sales staff, e.g. to buy appliances or other items from them. Ordering online was easy and we even got a call to check unusual aspects of our order to make sure we hadn't made a mistake. The kitchen units arrived on time and the quality is flawless, with really well engineered fittings, accurately made (fully assembled, not flat pack) units, and a perfect, hardwearing paint finish on the style we chose. It turns out we did over-order some glass shelves, and arranging a return and refund was simple with absolutely no quibbles from DIY kitchens. On the whole, I suppose you could buy a nice kitchen from another source, but we chose DIY kitchens for an overall better price for like for like items, than other well known suppliers. The bonus which we weren't expecting has been the quality of person-to-person service, the absence of any sales pressure, and in the end, the total satisfaction with the product."
DIY Kitchens is rated 2.78 based on 10 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access