John Delany Motors Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend John Delany Motors

About John Delany Motors: John Delany Motors was established in 1980 and has grown to be the largest independent garage in Stockport. We service, repair and maintain any make or model of vehicle.

All of our technicians are fully skilled and highly trained and we take great care to ensure that every job we do, from a simple oil change to a major overhaul, is completed efficiently, economically and promptly.

brittany@delany-motors.co.uk

John Delany Motors,Wood Street,Stockport,Cheshire,

Categories:
Automotive
B2B
B2C

How would you rate John Delany Motors?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

39 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Lindsey
Excellent.

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about John Delany Motors in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Excellent."
"I have taken my van in on a couple of occasions and have been very pleased with the work that has been done. They have always communicated well, keeping me informed of costs before work was carried out. I will be using them again in future"
George Whittle
Unverified Reviewer
"excellent service friendly staff and better prices than main dealer"
Bev Chipperfield
Verified Reviewer
"They were efficient, reasonably priced and I felt I could trust them. In particular, the mechanic by the name of Anthony inspired great confidence."
"Work carried out efficiently for the price quoted."
"Excellent"
"Great service from John Delany motors really easy to deal with. Dropped the car to them at my convince. They even dropped me off at the station. So I could continue to work . The diagnosed the problem with my Mercedes (even though the last garage said I had take it to Mercedes dealer) and fixed the problem completed a service all in the same day . Even sourced genuine parts at a great price Costs were very reasonable . Great people to deal with ."
"Just to let you know I am not Mr Andrew Booth"
"Always greeted by friendly,skilled staff.Excellant service.It is good to have a garage that is trustworthy.I have reccamended John Delaney many times.My name is Steve Bunn not Mr Burgess."
Hi Steve,
Many thanks for your review and for recommending us.
Sorry about the incorrect name- there was a glitch in our email system when the invitations were sent.
Thanks again, Brittany
Mr Ryan Carroll
Verified Buyer
"Always found them to be honest and friendly and have fitted me in at short notice on a few occasions when my car has broken down. Keep up the good work. Not used them for a few years as I’ve got a new car and received a quote to change over my wheels which was a lot higher than another local garage. In the fairness of honestly I’m not sure who mr Carroll is."
"Please note My name is not Samantha Boland and I have not had a service with you this year. I had one with you last year and it came to over £500. I shall be looking elsewhere this year. Paul Body"
Hi Paul, Apologies for the wrong name- there was a glitch in the system and some of our email invites were sent to the wrong names.

We're sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with the price of your last service. If you'd like to discuss further please feel free to get in contact with us, we're happy to go through pricing with you and explain what was included. If we remember rightly this price included new tyres too. We service vehicles up to dealership standards so whilst you may get a cheaper deal elsewhere it may not be the full service that we provide.
We're more than happy to provide free no obligation quotes for any future work.
Thanks, Brittany
"I asked to look at my air con you did and charged me almost £40 without any notification whatsoever, I mentioned this at the time and your attitude was horrible, disgusting and bullyish you had my car keys I paid it in cash I felt intimidated and quite honestly would never recommend your company to anyone"
Hi, we're so sorry to hear about your experience. Our Air Con service usually costs £50+ VAT but if the vehicle fails on a pressure test or component failure there is a standard charge for our labour time to determine repair costs which is £30+VAT.
We never carry out work without prior consent, if you were booked in for an air con investigation there would always be a charge for this.
Please feel free to send me an email at brittany@delany-motors.co.uk to discuss further, and once again our apologies.
Thanks, Brittany
"Always feel okay and treated respectfully - even though I’m not really knowledgeable about vehicles and how they work. Last visit didn’t really solve the problem I had but despite having to make a return trip everything was sorted out amicably in the end."
"Have fixed my old fiesta a couple of times, very competitive for parts and labour, extremely friendly and welcoming service. Will be going to them for all MOTs/services/ any unforeseen fixes going forward."
Mr J Adams
Verified Buyer
"Old customer have always found the team helpful and gives constructive advice."
Mr Broughton
Verified Buyer
"Changing a light bulb in a headlight is no longer a DIY job, Delayny's did the job efficiently and while I waited, I saw the amount of work involved and was happy with the final cost."
Zoraida Velasco
Verified Buyer
"Very fast and friendly. I'll definitely come again."
Zoraida Velasco
Verified Reviewer
"Very fast and friendly. I'll definitely come again."
"They are very trustworthy, always spend time with me at short notice and never overcharge. I did not go anywhere else!"
Christine Roddis