Chartex Reviews

of reviewers recommend Chartex
Read Chartex  Reviews

About Chartex :

Chartered Surveyors working in residential & commercial property, offering a variety of services and excellent local knowledge in and around Belper, Derby and the Peak District. We also cover all of Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Sheffield & Coventry

Tell us how Chartex made you happy
Excellent, detailed, concise survey allowing us to make an informed decision about the property based on its current condition and the potential cost to get the property up to standard. I would recommend Chartex to anyone.
if you're getting a survey of a house you're about to buy, then they'll certainly identify some problems for you to lower the price. They were incredibly quick (l figured l paid about £10 per minute) and did give a lot of information very quickly. But their assessment (you need to do a lot of incredibly expensive renovations pretty urgently) did not agree with what contractors have said, and they didn't actually do the level of inspection l wanted. Maybe this is standard for surveyors - in which case l'm in the wrong job.
A surveyor's approach is to deal with the facts and suggest long term solutions. I am sorry you did not value his expert and professional opinion, but instead, you chose to denigrate his invaluable advice.

The two feet of standing water in the basement is a fact and urgently requires remedying as do the advanced rotting and woodworm activity in floors and joists on the ground floors which are unsafe.

The surveyor explained that your suggestion of addressing the problem by insulating the floors, no matter how much money it saved, was not the answer. So please don't change your career path just yet.

The surveyor gave you sensible solutions to address the serious problems you have with your property and also spent time explaining everything.

Besides, you declined a written report from the surveyor and decided to take your own notes, another cheaper option which may not have paid off?
Really rate this company. Very efficient back office, good communication. They did two surveys for me. Report back same day and were available pretty much immediately to discuss any queries. Highly recommend.
Prompt survey , and communication
Detailed report following through inspection of property. Free telephone consultation after to discuss. Some issues during booking process but overall happy with service provided. Thank you.
Polite, friendly and efficient is the best description of this company. Communication before and after the survey was good and things explained to me very clearly. Would have no hesitation in using this company again.
Chartex were very clean cut from the start. They saw my property within a week on the 17th and a full report landed in my emails by 6pm the same day. Even my estate agent remarked upon the speed of my Surveyor. It read through very easily and I’ve still the offer to chat with the Surveyor with any queries I have regarding the report and their findings. Stress free service. Thank you Chartex
Very pleased with the service provided. The survey was emailed the same day and was very helpful. I would use Chartex again if needed.
Very accommodating, very reasonably priced and incredibly quick turnaround time. Much faster than any other survey I've used over the past few years.
Speedy survey and very detailed report provided on the same day. Spotted lots of things that hadn’t been brought to our attention. Would also recommend their valuation service as that helped decision making.
A very professional service, and very detailed survey. Thank you for your help, and advice.
I've used Chartex twice, and have found them to be thorough, efficient and professional. I would certainly recommend their service. They provide great customer service and a very useful and detailed report.
Excellent service from start to finish! The communication was effortless when making the booking and the comprehensive report was in my hand by close of business the same day. I would have no hesitation in recommending Chartex services.
We have now had Chartex carry out a homebuyer survey on three properties. The quality and detail of the reports have helped us in our purchasing, or not, of the properties. We were very impressed by the service they have given and the very quick turn around is nothing short of excellent. We found the survey to be detailed and very clear. The structure and layout makes it very easy to identify all of the work that needs to be done on the property and provides clear guidance on the level of concern of any problems identified. The traffic light system is great. I would certainly recommend them, it after all excellent value for money.
Excellent service. We received a comprehensive homebuyer's report on the same day the survey was undertaken. Furthermore, the surveyor was happy to answer any follow up questions via the phone and email and provide further advice on potential actions to be taken. Highly recommend.
Very knowledgeable and professional. Hugh found things that I would never have dreamed were possible. Service was excellent, with a xery comprehensive report produced within 24 hours. He was well worth the fee saving us much future heartache. A fantastic job, we have used him 3 times in the last 3 months.
I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Chartex. Extremely quick to get back to my enquiry and were more than happy to discuss my concerns about my new prospective purchase on the phone. The report was turned around incredibly quickly after inspection.
I engaged Chartex to undertake a Homebuyers survey for a property we are buying. The process of booking and paying for this was easy and efficient. The report itself was absolutely excellent. I friend who is a builder commented that it's one of the best surveys he's ever seen, both in terms of quality and the detail and accuracy within the report itself. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this company.
Great communication. Speedy service. Sound advice. All at the right price.
Professional service from a fantastic company. I found Carla and Hu to be very thorough with their dealings, I can't praise them enough. I was very impressed by their quick time turnaround, efficiency and effectiveness. They were always open to questions about the survey and any follow up support as necessary
Chartex is rated 4.85 based on 34 reviews