Weekend a la carte Aurora Nights Reviews

Carol
Weekend a la carte Aurora Nights 5 star review on 9th March 2022
Joanne
Skeeter
Generally, we are very happy with our Northern Lights holiday and particularly enjoyed the guided walk, photographic evening and sledging with the Huskies. We were blessed with good weather and The Northern Lights were very active which was marvellous. The Mountain Lodge suited us very well and the standard of the food is certainly impressive. The staff were also excellent in every respect and my only comments are that the rooms in the lodge are certainly pretty small, particularly when full of Arctic gear as well as two people and luggage. Also, as a very small person, I found the Arctic gear daunting both to wear and to get on and off. Things would have been helped by having shorter length trousers and smaller gloves which I'm sure must come in sizes for teens which would have been more user friendly. I certainly wasn't cold though, so no complaints there! On a purely personal level, the Ice Hotel left us cold (sorry) though we spoke to several people who were paying to stay there that night and looking forward to it. I can only wonder why. I was also somewhat underwhelmed by the night trip to the Ice Station which was nothing like I'd imagined from the description and being invited to lie on the snow on a reindeer skin when we declined to go on the walk ( we'd already been on the guided one that morning) didn't seem much of a plan while we waited for the diners to finish their meal. The cable car may have the distinction of being the oldest in Europe, but I think you should point out that it's open and possibly not for persons of a nervous disposition. I have to say I was very glad it was dark! Although I was slightly apprehensive that this holiday would be considerably out of my comfort zone, I found that I enjoyed the activities and ambience far more than I was anticipating. The Mountain Lodge is cosy but well arranged for socialising or finding a quiet corner and we were most impressed by the catering and staff. John hates hotels but was very comfortable there which is quite an accolade from him. The trip was easy to arrange as was directly contacting Weekend a la Carte with any queries which always gets my vote. Thank you for good service and a holiday to remember. I have passed your details on several times already.
Firstly, just to say we've had a fabulous holiday in Iceland , thank you so much. It all ran like clockwork except the nature side of things ! We had our volcano trip cancelled on the morning because of the weather and the inability to get onto the glacier but we had a fab trip down the valley and did the alternative route so all was not lost there as we had a great day. We saw the foot of the glacier with some spectacular hidden caves and waterfalls that we walked into with our guide. The enormity of the scenery was so impressive and as we were the only people in it , it gave it a vast feeling of you being totally alone in a hidden world as there was snow everywhere as far as you could see. We were lucky in that there was only two of us with our guide 'Gee' who was not only very informative but was so easy going and had a great sense of humour , so all in all a great day with spectacular scenery . He also added on a trip to the beach that was on our way back which I’m sure was an extra as we were out for about 7 hours (please pass our thanks ) Hotel Rangá was fabulous , excellent food friendly staff, even managed to spend an hour in the hot tub after our fab day trip with a G and T ! The blue lagoon was fantastic and is as good as it looks but our drive around the golden circle was another breath taking day out. The scenery here is different to the valley but the sheer size and scale of the views were awesome , making me smile writing about it - go it’s a must see Holiday - Gullfoss waterfall is such a force of nature and with the snow snd ice still around it , beautiful. Would like to see it all again in a different season but it would have to be good to cap this 👍
Dear Karen You were our last client of this Northern Lights Season and what a lovely way to end it! Thankyou so much for your feedback. So kind of you to take the time to give such detailed feedback, and I am so thrilled that you clearly had such a wonderful time in Iceland and enjoyed it as much as you did. I really appreciate you taking the time to tell us. I have passed your comments onto the local team as well. Thankyou again Regards Abigail
We had a great trip except for the night out to the sky ovseratory (snowy and not very efficient in sending people up the mountain--it took more than an hour). The Mountain Lodge was very cosy and warm, the restaurant (and especially dinner) was 5-star, and the activities planned were, for the most part, nicely organized and executed. We thought the snowmobile excursion was a little boring (the speed was exceptionally slow), the NP hike, dogsled excursion and reindeer/Sami excursion were great and well managed. The Ice Hotel was, indeed, the highlight of the trip! All in all, we thought the trip was very well organized, the excursions were fun, and the leaders were very helpful, patient and lots of fun (especially the lady running the dogsled and Sara at the Sami camp). Having the appropriate outside clothes at our disposal at the lodge was a sin qua non! Having the transfers to greet and take us to the lodge and then return us to Kiruna was great. It made life a whole lot easier.
We absolutely loved our 4 nights in Swedish Lapland…Tree hotel and Wilderness Gourmet cabin the accommodation hi-lights. Huskies, snow mobiles and dinner on a frozen lake the activity hi-lights plus seeing the Northern Lights!
Weekend a la carte Aurora Nights 5 star review on 21st March 2022
Very well organised from the start. Great communication. Transfers on time. Everything was according to our itinerary. Brilliant visit. Lovely people. Amazing views. And yes we saw the Northern Lights 👏👏👏
We loved the Iconic Abisko and Ice Hotel Aurora Break from start to finish! The team at Weekend a la carte created a fantastic holiday where every single thing we did felt very special. All the guides were wonderful, in particular, Mikko, who made the morning out on the snowmobiles a real highlight and Miguel whose lovely company we enjoyed for both the guided walk around Abisko National Park and the photography evening. The morning spent with Ylva and her huskies, driving our own dog sled, felt like an honour! We were lucky to have good weather so we had some terrific views of the scenery, but the people, food and peace of Swedish Lapland made it a truly memorable holiday.
Weekend a la carte Aurora Nights 5 star review on 13th March 2022
Excellent holiday…….Weekend a la carte delivered big time. From our first enquiry until we reached home everything was absolutely perfect. The whole journey was seamless and went without a hitch. Abisko Mountain Lodge was wonderful and you would be hard pressed to find such outstanding food in a top restaurant yet alone inside the Arctic circle. All the activities we undertook were exciting and some like photographing the northern lights took our breath away. I don’t think we’ve ever used the words ‘fantastic’ and ‘awesome’ quite so much. The staff at the Lodge go above and beyond and made us feel so welcome and the guides on the activities were knowledgeable and made everything fun. The little things like sitting on reindeer skins enjoying Swedish Fika just added to the whole experience. A Northern Light experience was on our bucket list and we got far, far more than we expected. This Company know what they’re doing and we cannot praise them enough.
Weekend a la carte Aurora Nights 5 star review on 12th March 2022
Thanks to all at Aurora Nights for giving us such a fantastic holiday! This was our first trip to a colder country than our own so it was something of a step into the unknown for us. Every aspect of our trip ran really smoothly and the people we met along the way were unfailingly kind, cheery and helpful. Special mention goes to our transfer drivers Petri and Will, and all our hosts. The food was fantastic and the activities were excellent, finished ideally by a wonderful Northern Lights show outside the Icehotel.
This was an amazing trip. The activities were great fun, the people who cared for us and shared their lives were generous and kind. Couldn’t fault the accommodation. What a brilliant experience, I would definitely recommend this.
Weekend a la carte Aurora Nights 5 star review on 9th March 2022
Wow, what a trip! Kevin was amazing having navigated us through Covid too! The itinerary was fantastic, the accommodation superb, transfers, flights, we couldn't fault and wouldn't change a thing! It was an experience of a lifetime, and we got to see the Northern Lights several times. Cannot recommend Kevin and Weekend A La Carte enough!
Excellent few days and nights spent in Stockholm and the Ice Hotel. Everything went so smoothly organised by Weekend a la Carte Aurora Nights. Lovely meals and entertainment at the smallest restaurant in Sweden (2 tables). Special thanks to Johan for that! Also special thanks to all at the husky rides for everything they did for us. Thank you Kevin and the team at Aurora Nights and look forward to our next booking with you.
Weekend a la carte Aurora Nights 5 star review on 8th March 2022 Weekend a la carte Aurora Nights 5 star review on 8th March 2022 Weekend a la carte Aurora Nights 5 star review on 8th March 2022 Weekend a la carte Aurora Nights 5 star review on 8th March 2022
wow, wow wow. A-ma-zing. I have just returned from my trip to Abisko Mountain Lodge and I have had a truly wonderful experience. I can't thank you enough for making my dreams come true. I just want to cry happy tears all the time when I think about it. I almost backed out of going at Christmas because of all the Covid restrictions and testing requirements at that time. But you reassured me and I put my trust and faith in you and I'm so glad I did. The staff at the Lodge were so friendly and helpful and Mina went out of her way to reschedule my itinerary so that I could visit the Ice Hotel which had been cancelled because of flight reschedule. Food was top notch. The night I saw the "lights" they started at 7pm and went on late into the night and I was told it was one of the best displays. Only one fault; I had to come home😢 but I want to go back again so I will be in touch when I have come back down to earth. Thank you so much. Kathleen
Amazing! The food was incredible and the staff extremely helpful.
We had a fantastic holiday thanks to Weekend A La Carte. Service and response time was fantastic.
Fantastic holiday to Iceland with my family. Abigail understood all our needs and wishes and planned the trip perfectly. All the tours exceeded our expectations, great to travel privately and have such knowledgeable guides. Great hotels in fantastic locations. And...we saw the lights!
Dear Claire Thankyou for your very kind review and i am so delighted you had such a super time and enjoyed it so much Regards Abigail
One off experience
I cannot recommend Weekend a la Carte too highly. From deciding to make a booking almost a year ago, the level of support and communication has been remarkable. When one of my daughters dropped out of the trip mere weeks before we were due to leave, Abigail was able to obtain a meaningful refund for us. During our flight, when Iceland was in the throes of a red storm warning, she swapped our hire car for a transfer, meaning we could reach our accomodation safely despite the most intense weather I have ever seen. This set the tone for the holiday. Almost all of our activities and visits went ahead and where they couldn't, the team in Iceland created an alternative itinerary which was both thoroughly enjoyable and safe. All in all we had a fabulous adventure and will certainly go back - with Abigail's help of course !!
Just arrived home from a holiday in Iceland to celebrate my 50th Birthday. Everything was arranged by Weekend a la carte, we did not have to think of anything. They choose the best hotels for us and all the day trips, it was a great holiday. They also contacted us on holiday regarding a storm that was hitting Iceland to check we were ok and to advise us not to travel.
Dear Liz Thankyou for your kind review and i'm so pleased your 50th Birthday celebration went well and you enjoyed it so much, despite the really awful storm you had whilst you were there. It is the only the 3rd time in history that Iceland has had a "Red Storm warning" so you really experienced Iceland at it's wildest. Regards Abigail
Awesome trip booked with Weekend a la carte. We were delighted by hotel choice and all the travel plan made by the team. Unfortunately, the weather was not good enough to see northern lights but we will come back to Iceland for sure !
Dear Clement So delighted you finally made it out to Iceland after all the sagas of air traffic control strikes and covid. It's been a long time coming! I'm very pleased you had a great time, though sad you didnt get to see the Northern Lights. Abigail
Information that was given pre holiday was fantastic. The hotel staff were superb, genuinely happy, nothing was to much for them. We were lucky and saw the lights every night. Would definately recommend this holiday to anyone.
Weekend a la carte Aurora Nights is rated 4.88 based on 562 reviews