The Event Academy Reviews

Business Design Centre
52 Upper St
London

Tell us how The Event Academy made you happy
I completed my Foundation certificate, Intense Diploma and Post-Graduate courses on the Event Academy and cannot think of a better academy I would have done it with. The team are amazing! I struggled on the Post-Grad course as being one of the youngest and the team checked in on me and gave me all the encouraging words I needed! They never gave up on anyone and made sure we all reached the best potential inside of all of us (15-20 students).
I achieved a Distinction in Foundation project (Awaiting exam results), Merit on Diploma and awaiting results for post-grad. Even though it was a shame we couldn't all attend the lessons live, they made everyone welcome online!
Thank you Event Academy!! Couldn't recommend them enough x
I have learnt so much in such a short period of time! Thank you so much to all the amazing lectures at the Event Academy!
I've just completed my Diploma.

The course was very informative, and I learnt a lot of invaluable information throughout the lectures, and doing my own independent coursework. The tutors, lecturers and administration staff were extremely helpful throughout the whole process.

I would definitely recommend anyone considering participating on an Event Academy course to sign up. You will not regret it.
I’m one week through my two week intensive diploma. 10/10. The lectures are so experienced, motivational and inspiring. I recommend this course to anyone whose thinking about it!
I am currently coming to the end of my post grad diploma with The Event Academy and Ive loved every minute of it! Due to the current climate I have been doing my course virtually and I’ve been so impressed with the amount of support I have received from the lecturers whilst working remotely. Every single lecturer has been amazing, and has helped me so much in my progression to be an event manager. The Event Academy has helped me develop critical skills and helped with my self development in areas I find difficult , such as pitching. They want you to be the best you can be for yourself and it really has shown with the amount of support they have given ! A special mention to Becs and Rosie who have been amazing throughout the course. The course has opened my eyes to loads of different sectors within the industry and has inspired me to visit different areas I had never thought about. The level of detail I have been taught is amazing and it’s been so beneficial to have so much practical work within the course to help put that information into practice . I couldn’t recommend The Event Academy enough! Thank you so much!
I cannot recommend a better place to study and gain knowledge about the Events world. I looked for a long time to find the best training on line and on site, and at the same time I wanted to have a recognized certification. I can say now that I took the best decision. I got a Distinction on my Diploma Course. The online material and classes are really good. The teachers, are so experienced in their area. I experienced that I was being taught by the best professionals, and at the same time they were so helpful and friendly all the time. This Academy is also the best community to gain confidence and they will show you how you can challenge yourself and grow internally in many aspects. I enjoyed all the subjects, the 2 most intensive weeks of studying and working for a Final Project, hard work but great satisfaction at the end. You can gain also experience by volunteering in the events they will offer. I have now only good memories, and I met great people too which still I am in contact after 2 years.
Hi Sonia
You fully deserved your distinction.
And thank you for the lovely review - stay in touch!
I would highly recommend the Event Academy to anyone that is looking to study events. I was set to go to university which would have been 4 years including a work placement. After finding the EA I have just finished the Degree Alternative and have walked away with a Level 7 Postgraduate Diploma and Marketing and Communications. If I had gone to university I would have just completed my first year but instead I'm qualified and starting my placement!

Throughout my year with the EA I learnt so much from so many people. What helped massively was the lecturers and the passion they had for the industry. Being professionals within the industry I always felt I was being taught by people who were genuine and had real love for the industry. Learning first hand from professionals was huge as they had experience from live events as well as the knowledge to share with us. As well as this it meant that for each of the sectors we were taught by professionals from that aspect which meant they knew all of the specific do's and do not's for that area.

The way the courses run includes completing live client briefs which include pitching, presenting and preparing leave behind documents for the clients. From pitching to clients such as Adidas, UNICEF and Pret A Manger we were able to gain such first hand experience on the industry and how it works for the various sectors.

Throughout the various courses that I took I was always in a group with various nationalities and although that can seem daunting due to language barriers the information that we were able to share with each other meant that the ideas for our client briefs were incredible. Although there were language barriers that did cause some hiccups along the way the lecturers were there to help manage and support us.

Unfortunately the live course got cut short and we went from live lessons to virtual lessons. Although this was super tricky at first, the lecturers supported us throughout the entire process. As I was on a different time zone I was offered opportunities to move my 1;1 slots so that it wasn't into the evening as well as taking some of the lectures the next morning. All of the support that we were constantly offered throughout meant that I was able to really focus on the work and getting the best grade possible.

Being taught relevant to the current climate was huge as it meant I have gained fresh knowledge on virtual events that I wouldn't have done should we have remained doing live lectures. As our final project had to be a virtual event we had been equipped with all of the tools to hosts an incredible event in which we raised over £2,000 for.

I had such an incredible time at the Event Academy and would highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in the industry. I remember on my first day being told that I will really get out of this what I put into it both effort but time wise as well and that is so true.
Freya, you were simply outstanding and the work your team did on raising money for Teenage Cancer Trust in your final event was amazing!
I undertook the OnLive Intensive Diploma during Lockdown and it was fantastic! I was a bit sceptical about how it would work online, but the Lecturers really considered the barriers carrying out the course online would be and ensured we all felt as if we were with each other in person. Knowledgeable friendly lecturers all working in the Industry, interesting guest speakers and a wide variety of skill and Industry based sessions. we were really supported with the project and exam at the end of the course which leads to CIM Accreditation. Ongoing support, webinars and Alumni events available also allow you to feel a part of the Academy ongoing. If you're interested in Events go for it!
What a lovely review, thank you Rachel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our first ever onlive/virtual classroom course! Good luck in the future.
I was very lucky to have had a place on the part time Event Management Diploma course which I completed in 2009. I was already working in the industry but decided I could do with some theory to put behind the practice.

From the start it was clear that not only was I going to learn a great deal from the lecturers, but I was also going to make some firm friends, some of whom I am still in touch with now.

Everyone will tell you that Event Management is not rocket science, and really it isn't. A level head and good common sense can get you anywhere, however the things that you learn from completing this course will give you a decent leg up in an incredibly competitive industry. When I was at university, event courses were few and far between. Now if you don't hold some form of qualification employers will barely consider your application. And having been one of those employers I really do know!

I honestly think the Event Academy gave me the edge that I was looking for when I was a fairly junior event manager. There are plenty of courses out there now, but with The Event Academy you are working with people that really understand further education, and have brilliant networks within the industry.
My experience at The Events Academy has been nothing but brilliant. I had known for a while I wanted to get into events but couldn't find the right course for me until I came across The EA, and I am so happy that I did. I was a 'Degree alternative' student and have just completed the postgraduate course.

I don't necessarily count myself as 'academic' and I was worried that I wouldn't be a high achiever, but I have surprised myself and realised my potential in the events world. The support from lectures was amazing throughout.

I went into the DA course with very basic knowledge and I now feel very confident in everything I have learnt. The lectures not only have a host of knowledge but are immersed in the industry itself, which is amazing to see. The opportunities within the EA is exceptional, I attended amazing volunteering moments, whilst also pitching to amazing clients.

I highly recommend The Events Academy for anybody considering a career in events.
Fabulous onlive course!

I am having such a great time attending the Intensive Diploma onlive course ! Awesome and precious content, brilliant and inspiring lecturers, benevolant and friendly classmates & facilitators : a fabulous experiential event in itself !!
I can't recommend the Event Academy enough!!!

I did the 'one year degree alternative' course which is comprised of Certificate, Diploma and Postgraduate Diploma qualifications. Each course is individually invaluable for gaining experience and insight into the events industry, whether completing the full year or just one part of the course.

The lecturers are working in industry, alongside being a lecturer, which enables students to see what working in an industry as vibrant and fast-paced as the events world is really like. The industry is not for the faint-hearted and the Event Academy do everything in their power to prepare you on being work-ready.

The courses are focused on delivering event solutions to live client briefs. This is an amazing opportunity that exposes us to the full process of pitching, planning and executing an event. The theoretical knowledge gained alongside this is also second to none, as it, as mentioned previously, is being taught and delivered by working professionals who really do know what they're talking about!!!

I completed the final part of the course virtually due to COVID-19 and although sceptical about virtual learning at first (due to being an incredibly practical learner) I was truly blown away at the Event Academy's ability to be able to guide themselves and their students through the situation. Not only were we attending interactive live lectures, we also delivered pitches and even a successful virtual event for our final project.

The Event Academy are there to support their students at every step along the way and I really cannot recommend their courses enough to anyone who is seriously considering a career in events.
Advanced (level 4) course AMAZING!!!

During the COVID-19 Pandemic I decided that I would use the time to work on setting up my own Event organisation.
I am a previous student of the event Academy and I completed a Live (classroom based) diploma in Event management in 2017, having compleated the course at a distinction level ,I decided that freelancing was what was best for me.
Now that that work has slowed down and I have a bit more time on my hands I wanted to work on my own project of setting up small events company. I felt that I could do with REFRESHING what I already knew and making sure that I am current with what is going on in the event industry in terms of requirements.

Woooooow, I made the RIGHT choice AGAIN, this course is Fantastic. I have always been apprehensive about doing online courses but I am sold! the classes are delivered immaculately, consistently and precisely with lashings of information which is gold dust to anyone starting out in the industry or wanting a taster of what's to come.

The lessons are structured to make you interact with the online teaching at a pace that works for you and when I say at a pace that works for you, you can log in anywhere at any time and pick up where you left off.

The support which comes with the course is breathtaking, there is someone there to support you through the course at all times.

I feel as though I have gained far more than I signed up for, giving me exactly what I needed to make sure I am utalising the knowledge the Event academy has provided.

This is a choice which I will never regret Thank you to the whole team.

I recommend this course to anyone who is interested in pursuing an event career this is the way forward.
I am an on line student studying for the Diploma and I can only but recommend this course. With regards to the course itself, it is logically set out and the lectures are given by experienced event professionals. The course materials are clear and easy to follow. The course help desk is very efficient and get back to students in a timely manner. The volunteering opportunities are diverse and excellent learning curves. The staff at the Event Academy are professional, friendly and care about their students. There are many events courses on line but don't waste your time, this is the only C I M recognised one and excellent value for money.
I recently studied the two week intensive course and with not having much experience in the events industry and wanting to move forward with a career change in events, this was the best thing I could have done. The course was intense but so worth it, the course was well structured and the lectures are very supportive! I have finished the course feeling confident understanding the key values from an event start to finish. I highly recommend the Event Academy if you want to pursue your career in events and learn the key logistics.
Since starting my course with the Event Academy, I haven't looked back once. The course is so interesting and very well structured, and alongside the volunteering opportunities available, students are given the best possible chance of breaking in to the Events Industry. I am learning from industry experts in a relevant and up to date course, and I couldn't recommend the Event Academy enough.
I cannot stress enough how important and relevant The Event Academy have been in my break through into the events world. I learnt so much from up to date and in the know lecturers/event professionals, whilst being presented with the correct practical knowledge to thrive in the events industry. Impeccable course and structure, highly recommended.
The Event Academy - Wow! I thought I knew a bit about event management but I learnt so much more... The pace was fast and engaging, the project was intense and really made me focus on what I needed to do, I met some fabulous people and found out a lot about myself and how to manage people when under pressure. The content was varied and relevant and the lectures have so much industry knowledge I cannot begin to know a fraction of what their experience brings to the lectures. Thank you The Event Academy for giving me invaluable tools to take on with me in my career.
I highly recommend Event Academy!
Before enrolling on my Online Diploma course, I compared Event Academy with the other UK accredited event management Institutes. I did a lot of research and spoke directly with many of the Institutes to find out more than just what was available their websites. Event Academy was the one that appealed to me the most, not only because it was accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing, but because the online teaching material was presented as audio and video recordings by real lecturers who were practitioners, not just theorists. I am a Students that remembers and recalls information better when it is represented both visually and verbally. Watching and listening to the online material was just like attending real lectures, but comfort of my own home. (There’s are free samples available, give it a go and you’ll see what I mean). Additionally, the support I received was phenomenal, I could call and speak with the lectures when I had any questions. When I completed my diploma (distinction achieved), Event Academy managed to put me in touch with an Events Company local to where I lived, that offered me a job!
If you’re looking to get qualified in Events Management, Event Academy is definitely the right choice!
Hi Andrew
What a lovely review, thank you so much for taking the time to write about us! We really love to hear from our students and congratulations on your hard work which has been rewarded with a Distinction.
The EA Team
Simply amazing! Since the beginning the teachers encourage you to develop a event manager mind set. We had classes in different types of venues which was great to better understand the market and how to face this market. Besides that, they teach you skills that will be useful for everything in your life, not only in events. I have grown so much during this period.
HI Yan, it was such a pleasure to have you as a student on our Postgraduate course. Good luck in your future career!
The Event Academy is rated 4.50 based on 109 reviews