The Event Academy Reviews

The Candlemakers
West Street
Lewes
BN7 2NZ

How would you rate The Event Academy?

Kirsty
Unverified Reviewer

I recently completed the Diploma in Events Management and would recommend this to anybody looking to build upon their knowledge of the events industry. It's rare to find an events course that is not only accredited, but also taught by industry professionals. The tutors were approachable, knowledgeable and helped me feel prepared for the project assignment and exam. The Diploma was fun and engaging and I will be keeping in touch with my classmates - always a sign of a good course.
A. Vera
Verified Reviewer

I chose this diploma because I was looking for a career change. The course gave me knowledge, motivation and confidence. After 3 months of joining the course, I got a position as an Event Coordinator in a venue. I highly recommend this course to anyone interested in a career in events. The staff and teachers are very helpful and professional. I really enjoyed this course and I am very happy of having chosen Ashdown Academy.
Damilola Onamusi
Unverified Reviewer

The Event Academy not only gave me the confidence I needed to continue pursing my events career, the course gave me experience which I was not exposed to prior to starting the course. The project is amazing (although stressful in the run up - but hey what event planning isn't). The experience of pitching to a company or charity is second to none. After completing the course, I honestly thought to myself 'I can conquer any events role'!
Olawumi Alabi
Unverified Reviewer

A bunch of experience lecturers. Learning approach and process excellent.
Best place to be as if you're aiming to be an event architect.
Emily B
Verified Reviewer

This course has given me the opportunity and confidence to apply for a new job and succeed. I can't thank the Event Academy enough for the knowledge they have shared and for all the information I have learnt. It was a great three months and I advise anyone to take part if they want a future career in events!
Vilya Thomas
Verified Reviewer

The course content is very structured and in depth. It is particularly relevant to circumstances and scenarios in the real world with the material being presented in a way that introduces the student to a paradigm shift in how event management is to be approached for various types of events. Students, very early in the programme are made to realize the seriousness of the discipline and that it is not about arranging a few chairs. The course material introduces students to all relevant material and channels necessary for a successful event. This is serious business!

The staff at all levels that the are responsive, very helpful, courteous and professional.
Freda Francis
Unverified Reviewer

Choosing to study the Diploma in Events Management was the best decision I had ever made and all thanks to The Events Academy for making it possible. Not only have I grown in confidence however the support and wealth of knowledge and skills I received was priceless.
The confidence I have now has made me even more fearless, determined and more passionate about the industry that I am working in. Right now I've launched my own bespoke cake company 'Beautiful Ornate Pieces' and we soon will be launching our brand new events service as well. So at this point in my career I'm eating cake and I'm loving it!
Nur Saleha Binte Mohd Kamel
Verified Buyer

The exciting academic lay out.
() - Posted 7 months ago
Bhavini Vyas
Verified Buyer

Great teaching staff and experiences
(Create Live) - Posted 7 months ago
Bindu Shanker
Verified Buyer

I enjoyed planning and organising events for friends and family in the past and all I wanted was a push in the right direction which is precisely what was achieved by Justine, Rebecca and Claire. I found the experience very encouraging. I would recommend Events Academy to anyone seeking a solid foundation upon which to base their decision to join the industry, or alternatively to offer a sound basis upon which to move forward having actually secured an events management position, like myself, but are new to the role. It was a wonderful experience and very helpful.
Iryna
Verified Buyer

I started studying an EM in one of the London universities, but then dropped it after realising that there is too much reading and too little of actually doing. When I found Ashdown Academy, I was thrilled. PG is an amazing program for future events managers, suitable for those both with lots or less experience in events industry. At the end of the program, everyone will greatly improve. The program is challenging and will make anyone to push the boundaries. But at the end of the day, it how you finish will matter the most. A huge advantage of the program is that it offers a three-month placement within an events company of your choice. Thanks to the excellent network, tutors have been very supportive in choosing the right company even though there so many of them in London.
Stacey Storey
Verified Buyer

I went into the Foundation Course with minimal knowledge of Events management and came away feeling very prepared for my Event Manager role! Claire and Justine are fantastic, lovely ladies and I honestly cannot recommend them and this course enough. I am recommending this course to people around my workplace and my team. It would probably be beneficial to have some courses run in the North of England - or maybe even online.
Kate (Katharine)
Verified Buyer

The course is excellent. There is a thorough coverage of all aspects of event management, with lectures provided by the great Ashdown team, as well as their contacts of specialist guest lecturers. The live projects are enjoyable and varied, while the fast moving pace ensures constant personal development throughout the course.
A particular strength of the course is the placement element; it is ensured that everyone gains a placement perfectly suited to their own interests and skills. The support given in securing the placement goes beyond expectation.
Phoebe
Verified Buyer

The Evant Academy is an excellent launch pad into the events industry. It's teaches you everything you'll need to know and offers you hands on experience. The courses are lots of fun but a lot of work!
Antonia
Verified Buyer

I rated the course an overall "verygood" as I felt like there were some fundamental things that I learnt on the course that I wouldn't have been able to learn anywhere else. I feel prepared in some senses to go into the events word with a strong knowledge of what is what and how to do particular things. The course gives you a foot in the door into the events world which I think is fantastic !
Mona
Verified Buyer

The event course has been everything I expected specially with the professionalism and effort put in by the administration, the placement officer and the teachers.
We as students had received all kind of support from each entity and that enabled us to have an effortless journey with Ashdown Academy.

I personally enjoyed working on the projects. They were really challenging and difficult, but also enjoyable and very real. Getting a distinction on all three only reassured me how much I liked the course, the work and the material in general.
The marking of the projects was very professional and the feedback, both individual and collective was very constructive.
As for the exam, all of it was indeed CIM standard. The time allocated was just right and the examiners were really attentive and supportive. Overall, it was a professional exam.

I have enjoyed taking part of this course and I have learned a lot from the professionals who taught it.
Jen (Jennifer)
Verified Buyer

Ashdown Academy provided me with a very positive and beneficial experience which, I would say, has given me the tools to achieve a successful career in the events industry. Their hands-on approach to learning and the inclusion of classes taught by lecturers still working in the industry, ensured that the course material was relevant and insightful. That said, there are a few improvements that could be made such as; the inclusion of grading based on individual performance, more emphasis on the exam and more one-on-one time with course lecturers, to clarify communication between students and the Academy.
Graziana
Verified Buyer

The course has been very funny, interesting and gave me more knowledge that I thought.
I'm glad to have been part of this family and I'm glad for all the things I learned.
As a international student I never felt my self outside the group or "different " from each other.
Such a good experience and I'm pleased to have done the course in a different language, now I feel strongly and competent.
Thank you to all the teachers and my colleagues.
Miriam
Verified Buyer

I couldn't have found a better way to start my carrer in the event sector.
Rhiana Turner

WOW!

The only word I have for this course it was non stop from the beginning travelling to different venues to learning all about the set up of Events. I was truly made to feel like an Events Manager for the week.

I can honestly say it was one of the most incredible experiences and anyone thinking about doing it, STOP THINKING and just do it.

Tutors were all lovely and I could not thank Claire and Justine enough for making the experience so relaxed and made sure everyone came together as a team.
The Event Academy is rated 4.44 based on 68 reviews