The Event Academy Reviews

Business Design Centre
52 Upper St
London

Tell us how The Event Academy made you happy
I cannot stress enough how important and relevant The Event Academy have been in my break through into the events world. I learnt so much from up to date and in the know lecturers/event professionals, whilst being presented with the correct practical knowledge to thrive in the events industry. Impeccable course and structure, highly recommended.
The Event Academy - Wow! I thought I knew a bit about event management but I learnt so much more... The pace was fast and engaging, the project was intense and really made me focus on what I needed to do, I met some fabulous people and found out a lot about myself and how to manage people when under pressure. The content was varied and relevant and the lectures have so much industry knowledge I cannot begin to know a fraction of what their experience brings to the lectures. Thank you The Event Academy for giving me invaluable tools to take on with me in my career.
Great team, great lecturers and classes. Loved the venue.
Really disappointed to have chosen, paid for and invested my time into the Event Management Diploma Course. I have, on multiple occasions expressed it in the surveys while on the course (I think it was 3 or 4 times) and I always explained that the course and all lessons felt rushed, badly structured and I was generally disappointed. I was however only contacted in regards to my feedback 2 month after completing my course. The academy's principal Claire suggested we had a call to discuss my disappointment and mentioned a possibility of taking another 18 months course (for free) or a refund she would need to discuss with the "board". When I thanked her for the course offer and kindly declined explaining that having invested my savings and time into the course once, I just don't see myself doing it again - I don't have time and honestly I am not 100% sure I'd enjoy it. The principal then changed her attitude completely and I was never offered any gesture or discount taking into consideration the original wording from Claire: "I understand that you are unhappy with a great deal of the course - something that worries me considering this is the first time I've heard a complaint from you since you started training with the Event Academy. We wouldn't want to see anyone unhappy or unsatisfied with the course". What a shame, waste of money and time..
Dear Maria,

Firstly, may we say how sorry we are that you are feeling this way about your experience with us. We understand that the course is a challenging one and there is a lot of content for students to absorb. If you'd like to talk further with a member of the Board about the outcome of your request, please contact Student Services and we can arrange this. In the meantime we'd like to congratulate you on the excellent grade you achieved having completed the course.
I would like to share my experiences of The Event Academy. Firstly , the academy values money-making over anything else .The course fees are ridiculously high ( you could study a masters degree instead ). From what I could see , they believe that money-making should be the main aim of every event and have totally bought into London capitalism and corporate culture . They have their eye on you the whole time , to try and mould you into their cult and obviously get a good reputation for themselves in the world of events . Furthermore , they boast about their “successes” making it sound like the key to your future happiness . But I really don’t feel that a fake smile equates to happiness and they push you to present this image .I would say they are more right wing Donald Trump , Boris Johnson and did I mention Kim Kardashian supporters! I would love to have started a debate and actually argue real life world crisis . So if you have any degree of intelligence , individuality , respect for yourself and value making a difference , avoid at all costs ..... PS I used to actually enjoy planning pretty events before this experience . Amen 🙏🏻
Hello
We are really disappointed to read your review - this is not the response we normally receive from our students. All of the academic staff and student support team very much value our students and wish to ensure that everyone not only completes their course successfully but also has a positive experience. As this is anonymous review, we can't email you directly but we'd would love to talk to you to resolve this. Please do get into contact with us at our office.
I highly recommend Event Academy! Before enrolling on my Online Diploma course, I compared Event Academy with the other UK accredited event management Institutes. I did a lot of research and spoke directly with many of the Institutes to find out more than just what was available their websites. Event Academy was the one that appealed to me the most, not only because it was accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing, but because the online teaching material was presented as audio and video recordings by real lecturers who were practitioners, not just theorists. I am a Students that remembers and recalls information better when it is represented both visually and verbally. Watching and listening to the online material was just like attending real lectures, but comfort of my own home. (There’s are free samples available, give it a go and you’ll see what I mean). Additionally, the support I received was phenomenal, I could call and speak with the lectures when I had any questions. When I completed my diploma (distinction achieved), Event Academy managed to put me in touch with an Events Company local to where I lived, that offered me a job! If you’re looking to get qualified in Events Management, Event Academy is definitely the right choice!
Hi Andrew
What a lovely review, thank you so much for taking the time to write about us! We really love to hear from our students and congratulations on your hard work which has been rewarded with a Distinction.
The EA Team
Simply amazing! Since the beginning the teachers encourage you to develop a event manager mind set. We had classes in different types of venues which was great to better understand the market and how to face this market. Besides that, they teach you skills that will be useful for everything in your life, not only in events. I have grown so much during this period.
HI Yan, it was such a pleasure to have you as a student on our Postgraduate course. Good luck in your future career!
I have learned so much doing this course. Even stuff I thought I already knew. I would encourage even persons with experience to still do this course. I enjoyed every step of the way. And what really surprised me is that regardless of the time difference (i live in the Caribbean) there is always someone who responds quickly. I enjoy the webinars a lot as well. I feel like I am actually there in England. everything was just simply amazing.
Thank you Kemoy! We really appreciate your kind words and glad you enjoyed the course.
This was an incredible "event journey" and experience for me. In the PG online program, students are exposed to practical, real information and experiences, that can be readily applied and that will bring that added level of excitement and interest to an event project. Existing creativity is stimulated and excited... or developed; it is like a nice warm sauna as you submerge and engage in the projects...that require hard but enjoyable and exciting work! The Academy facilitates students every step of the way with learning resources, webinars from industry practitioners and a staff that is accessible and accommodating. I have no hesitation or reservation in recommending this program as a great launch into the events industry or enhancement of skills for existing practitioners. Information is current and relevant...and you will even concur your fear of figures and social media as I have! This was the right decision and with good timing for me personally.
Hi Vilya
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review - your feedback is much appreciated and we wish you every success in your career.
The EA Team
The Event Academy helped me every step of the way throughout all of the courses, and the lecturers really cared about me which created such a positive atmosphere to work in and to have fun in! I learnt so much secured an excellent placement, I definitely made the right decision not to go to university.
Thanks Lucie- Stella - we are so pleased you enjoyed your course! Good luck for the future!
I have always been in the event industry, however I wanted to gain a credited qualification to take me to the next level and build a better report for myself when working with new clients. I was fortunate to hear about the Event Academy and after attending the open evening, it was an easy decision to enrol. I took the course at the end of last year and after finding out recently that I was awarded a distinction, I can clearly say that course was the best educational decision I could could have made. It is perfect for someone who wants to get a first hand experience and better understanding of all sectors of the industry. The course itself was a incredibly well balanced. From theory to practical classes, the thought and time that has gone into the course structure to ensure there is enough diversity is very apparent and impressive. Having mentors and teachers who are at the top of their game themselves in the industry and always happy to provide one on one support and advice consistenly makes the whole experience very personal, comforthing and well worth the investment. From reading the other reviews there is clearly a consistent message being portrayed that the course is superb and worth doing... Despite this being the case I think the most important thing I can tell you is where I am now and how my life has changed since finishing the course. I did my placement at a company called Made Up Ltd. I am still a freelance LIVE Event and Project Manager with them. They were a perfect fit for me which The Event Academy advised me on. They knew my interests and aspirations well and also listened to the sector of the industry I wanted to go. Despite working for them I also set my own company up which is continuing to grow. The foundations are set. I just secured a massive client in Park Lane, with others in the pipeline. This would not have not been possible without the information, guidance and support I received from The Event Academy. I am now fully immersed in the industry, my biggest client being The BBC. I am currently working on The BIGGEST WEEKEND - All four sites across the UK. A couple months ago I was working at BBC Asian Network LIVE in Birmingham and last month I was working at Tobacco Docks on a major day music events. Enough said really. Looking back a year ago I never imagined I would have found myself being involved with the BBC as much as I am. I am now involved in major boardroom meetings, site visits all over the UK, and dealing daily dealing with Radio 1, Radio 2, The One Show etc... There are some negative reviews on here which I am totally gobsmacked about. As the saying goes 'the proof is in the pudding'. Without this course I would not be where I am today. The course is intense at times and there is a lot of information to take on, however this has only gear me up and prepared me for how the industry is on a day to day basis. If you are complaining about the level of work and time the course takes, then you might as well choose a different industry! Try babysitting... Welcome to the real work of events. Thank you Event Academy for all you have done. Never loosing contact. x
Hi Charlie, thanks for your message. Great to see you having so much success and working on Radio 1 events!
I do not feel as though this course has been particularly beneficial for me. For the group project, we were put in a group with someone with little to no spoken English skills. It was baffling as to how they were let on the course in the first place, considering that everyone is required to speak for equal amount of time in the pitch with little to no notes. The attendance of this group member in addition to the language struggles was poor, and after frequently informing our course leaders about this, there was little help or support for us. It meant that we were all doing twice as much work for the pitch, which was extremely tiring considering we all worked full time. Some of the lecturers were fantastic - their in depth knowledge of the industry was often inspiring. Other lecturers, despite being nice people, should definitely not be teachers. Just because someone has been incredibly successful in the events industry does not mean they make a good teacher - this could be said for a few of the lecturers. Materials for the exam were not released until the week of the exam, and no details about the content/layout were given prior. To be honest, after all of the late nights of hard work for the pitch, I felt somewhat deflated and lacked motivation for the exam. I do think this course has fantastic potential, but feel as though the leaders need to take time to reflect upon feedback from students - and certainly more formal assessment of spoken English is something that should be considered immediately when accepting international students.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're so sorry your experience with us wasn't all you'd hoped for, and we've shared your feedback with the team. We wish you the best of luck in your future career.
I am so glad i decided to study with the event academy, i had just come back from working abroad for the summer and wanted to take a course to kick start a future career in events for myself - and i am so pleased that i did! Claire and all of the staff at the event academy have been so helpful, whenever i had a question about the project or about one of the lectures, they were just a call or an email away and nothing was ever too much trouble. I have found the content and layout of this course to work very well for me, each lecture is full of information and sources to further my learning and has been thoroughly enjoyable - So again a massive thanks!
Hi Shannon, masses of luck in your future career! We believe you are going to go onto to do some amazing things!
What should i say? Simply amazing. I come from Italy, and I was completely new to the UK events industry. But that wasn't a problem because at the EA they teach you all you need to know to be a great Event Manager. It worth all the money spent, lectures are made by experienced professionals that led you to gain the necessary knowledge to work at a high level. I'm currently having my placement into a fantastic agency central London-based where I'm learning and growing a lot. Priceless! Strongly recommended!
Hi Alessandro! We so enjoyed having you as a student on our course! Congratulations on your position at Avant Garde - it's an amazing events agency!
Appropriate content but not well elaborated. No hands on, basically theory. Some lessons was dry saturated and rushed. Was upset that no proper graduation ceremony and no proper lay out and update on final project despite we won the pitch. Wished things was nicely spread and furnished clearly. But volunteer opportunities was nice. Did a few during and after the course.
The Event Academy was incredible! Very very challenging, but very fun and worth all the hard work! I highly recommend if you're ready to jump start your career in events.
The Event Academy was a brilliant experience and taught me so much. I couldn’t thank the lecturers enough for what they have done and how attentive they all are to the entire class but also to individual ‘worries’, questions etc..! It truly was an amazing experience and was a great opportunity to practice and digest just what goes in to receiving a brief, to pitching and then to delivering a live event.
At the Event Acadmey not only do you get in depth knowledge of the event industry, improve on the skills you already have, have real life practice on projects, one to one support and encouragement from experienced tutors in the field, you come away with a network of friends and support from your class. A fantastic course to start you on the right track for a career in the Events industry. #septclass17
The friendships, networking opportunities and real life experience
The Event Academy introduced me to the Events Industry via a solid structure and foundation. This structure and foundation allowed me to incorporate skills from my previous work/life experiences and develop some new ones. Their vast contacts pool gave me options and great career start points which meant I could hit the ground running.
The Event Academy is rated 4.42 based on 91 reviews