Walks in Africa Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Walks in Africa

About Walks in Africa: Specialists in tailor-made holidays in Southern and East Africa, aimed at walkers - we cover mountain and coastal trekking, walking safaris, and other travel experiences around these

angus@walksinafrica.co.uk

Hill Oak Farm
Ampney St Mary

Tracy B
"Angus was an absolute pleasure to deal with from beginning to end. All queries were responded to very quickly. He put together a fantastic itinerary for us - Drakensberg hike with a great guide and porters, Imfolozi wilderness trail and the unforgettable Leopard Mountain. from what to pack to, what weather to expect, detailed directions and driving times - everything was covered. we had the best holiday and would have no hesitation in highly recommending Angus to anyone considering travel in Southern Africa."
Richard J
"Great itinerary ideas - the service which included many discussions felt very personal. A big favourite of ours was the guided walk in the Drakensburg - spectacular trail with a very experienced guide up to Tugela Falls. Every stage of the journey was detailed including driving instructions, country dossiers etc so being well informed allowed us to enjoy Africa. A varied trip which we thoroughly enjoyed, we would recommend Angus highly and hope to revisit in the future - Many thanks"
"Extremely good communication from start to finish, clear & timely. Had lots of knowledge of not only the country but also of the people, customs etc which was very helpful in the dossiers. Great itinerary ideas on the website - we were not disappointed with any aspect of the trip. The information allowed us the confidence to travel by car etc which we felt totally enhanced our trip and gave us a feel for real Africa. Thankyou Angus - we will look you up again !"
"I had a wonderful trip with Zee in the Drakensberg mountains. My mother and I hiked the Mnweni circuit and it was absolutely beautiful! We spent 4 days on trail with plenty of delicious snacks and gourmet meals with the best company we could have imagined. Angus was very helpful with planning this trip down to the final details. I highly recommend this company and will use them for my next guided adventure."
"Thank you, Walks in Africa, for helping us find a great walk on the Fynbos Trail. You understood our interests, time constraints, and saw to every detail."
"My daughter and I were lucky enough to be guided by Zee into the Drakensberg Mtns. There is not sufficient words to describe how amazing our trip, and guide, were. My time with my daughter and Zee will be forever in my memory. I would hike in those mountains, and with those women, again and again. Thanks to Angus for a thorough, well planned trip. All our needs were met and our expectations exceeded."
"We recently went on two hikes in the Cape. the first in the remote Gamkaberg mountain range in the Western Cape and the second in the Cedarberg Mountains 2-3 hours north of Cape Town. They were both expertly tailor made by Angus at Walks in Africa .... the organisation was exceptionally good and everything ran like clockwork....couldn't fault anything at all. We had two South African guides Mike and Frank who both were very attentive and great company, with an extensive knowledge of the area, the wildlife, flora and fauna and indeed South African history. We were extremely well catered for and would highly recommend both hikes for those seeking a taste of the wilderness."
"Angus was extremely helpful with his knowledge of South Africa, advising on different ideas, once I had given him an outline of what I wanted to do on our holiday. We spoke on the telephone at length about options available and suggestions. Angus responded to emails very quickly. He provided an excellent trip dossier, car directions, tips whilst travelling, suggestions of places to see whilst driving between locations and general information regarding South Africa. Whilst in South Africa he responded via Whats App to any questions I had when confirming some details. I would have no hesitation in recommending Walks in Africa for any tailor made holiday."
"Angus quickly understood the sort of thing I wanted and came up with imaginative suggestions. When it was agreed everything (big stuff and small) was quickly and perfectly organised. And once in South Africa just how perfectly it had been done became clear. Nothing went wrong. He has great local knowledge and loads of experience. I couldn’t have have done it without him. He’s a rock star!"
"Good advice, great accommodation options"
"We received an excellent service that I would recommend to anyone planning a holiday in Africa!!! From the beginning Angus was extremely helpful, proactive quick to respond. He gave us excellent suggestions from planning our route, activities, offering options, helping with preparations and packing. We had an amazing time and were truly able to unwind as Angus provided us with all the helpful tips and suggestions including driving routes and good stops to refill and buy food. I can't thank enough for making our South African dream come true starting with an amazing hike in Drakensberg with very good and entertaining guides, a recommended stop over in Howick with lots of nice shops and a Waterfall and finally an unforgettable primitive trail experience with a final sleep in lovely St Lucia. For our hiking experiences we did not see any other tourists but lots of nature and wildlife so this has been a real gem. We will certainly use this company again should we ever be lucky enough to come back to Africa. Thank you!"
"We had an excellent tripl Angus made some great recommendations of places to stay + things to do. The Drakensberg trek was a highlight - quite challenging but worth every minute for the views. Would definitely use Walks in Africa for another african adventure."
"Angus has great suggestions and excellent communication. We enjoyed all the hiking routes and all of our accommodations. Fantastic documentation with detailed itinerary and travel directions. Wonderful trip."
"Walks in Africa arranged a 12 day itinerary for me in the KwaZulu-Natal area of South Africa. Their attention to detail and their empathy with their client's (my) wishes, was bar to none. I trekked in the Drakensberg for three days and then I moved on to walk the Anglo-Zulu Battlefields over a period of four days, followed by four more days walking in the iMfolozi Game Reserve. The entire trip put together by Walks in Africa was a most memorable and magical experience! Thank you. November 2017"
"We had a fantastic trip to South Africa through Walks in Africa. It was superbly planned, based on excellent local knowledge. Thoroughly recommended!"
"No glitches whatsoever. Everything went so well. All exceeded our expectations. Namibia amazing. Very safe for us travellers. Accommodation fab as were the safaris, desert walks and mountains. Walks in Africa were brill and I couldn't recommend them more highly. Go for it!!"
"Everything in the Drakensberg went as planned - apart from the weather! - but when the snow fell our brilliant guide chose a safer route & we still had a great time."
"Great knowledge of the area visited and the accomodations. Meticulous preparation and advice and information. And a good sense of humour."
"Angus was simply superb. His choice of accommodation was perfect - we stayed at Nottens Bush Camp, Garonga Safari Camp and Chundukwa River Lodge (Victoria Falls), all of which were the most wonderful places to stay. His attention to detail was second to none - our itinerary was planned almost to the minute and the directions we had when driving across South Africa were accurate to the yard. His recommendation of activities was similarly spot on - it was well worth the expense of a helicopter flight over Victoria Falls. Dealing with him was easy and stress free. Overall I couldn't recommend Walks in Africa highly enough."
"Very informed and attentive service, and a great experience."
Walks in Africa is rated 5.00 based on 80 reviews