Viagogo Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Viagogo
6PM
6PM

About Viagogo: Viagogo is an online ticket marketplace for buying and selling tickets to live events. The company, which was founded in London in 2006, has a network of more than 60 global websites with customers in 160 countries.

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Viagogo made you happy

Over 7 Days
Over a week
customer service
Returns & Refunds
Difficult
refunds process
"Same as many other people here - I paid for tickets to Pink! - lower tier seats and 3 days before concert they come back saying they can’t fulfil it. They’ve been sat on £540 of my money for 9 months. Absolutely gutted as it was going to be a very special occasion."
Are you Viagogo? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"JUST DON'T If you sell tickets via this company, they will screw you. Guaranteed. Just don't. If you have excess tickets, rather burn them."
"This is robbery in the true sense of the word We bought tickets from Viagogo for a Rod Stewart concert believing they were the best seats paying £130 per ticket and when they arrived the day before the concert they had a face value of £55.00 after complaining to Viagogo the customer service agent said mate I work for them and I would never buy a ticket from them !!!!!Say no more."
"Do not buy from this company! Absolute ripoff! Made me think I was buying from a primary seller and that the tickets were selling fast so I felt pressurised. They charged me 3 times the actual price of the tickets and after speaking to someone at the company, they think it’s ok for false advertising and to rip people off, should not be allowed!"
"We had good service from Viagogo. We were included in a customers 7 ticket order for Paul McCartney’s Green Bay concert. Each email was followed up as stated. Tickets were genuine when scanned. No other ticket holders were in our seats ( as a previous complaint)...."
"Absolute crook company. Bought tickets which were fake. Viagogo refuse to refund. AVOID."
"Do not buy tickets from viagogo. Total scam and counterfeit tickets! You will end up paying 4 times face value of the ticket and can still be denied entry."
"incompetence you sent ticket to wrong email address your staff are unhelpful and rude when someone is upset why do they think its acceptable to laugh at them when they are asking them so sort the problem out will never use them"
"I ordered two Take That concert tickets in November and paid £256, receiving confirmation of the seats I’d reserved by return. This week (first week in June and three days before the show) I received an email from Viagogo to advise that they couldn’t supply the tickets I’d reserved because they hadn’t been able to secure the tickets from ‘their supplier’. Instead, I was offered a very limited choice of alternative seats, none of which were as good as those I believed I’d reserved. Totally disgusted and vowing never to use Viagogo again,I chose alternatives that arrived in the name of a completely different individual and a voucher for £36 - to be used to purchase tickets from Viagogo! They took £256 of my money as payment for something they didn’t have to sell and held that money for almost six months, accruing interest, and then left me in a position where I had little choice but to accept whatever inferior seats they had to offer with three days to go. Absolutely disgusted by their pseudo-fraudulent conduct and I will never EVER use them again."
"I would give 0 stars if I could! Ordered tickets for a cricket match and according to our online account those tickets should have been sent out by May 31 at the latest. Today is June 4 and no tickets in sight. Calling them results in them claiming they are having problems with UpS, then claiming they don't have a tracking number, then they refuse to give us any information. They also refuse to put us through to a manager, sometimes claiming they don't have managers, sometimes saying the managers are busy, sometimes staying they are not allowed to put us through. They haven't even suggested to refund the money, an absolute scam!"
"Worst experience with these bunch of unprofessionals! Our experience in short: We bought 2 tickets for over 200 Euro each (original price 80 Euro) for the Cardi B act at the primavera sound festival in Barcelona. Cardi B cancelled her participation one month before the show and no one informed us!!!! We found out the same day!!! So, these people don’t take responsibility, neither speak any of the languages of their hotlines by native speakers. Hotlines are somewhere in India. So good luck if you try to speak in German or French with an Indian dude. WORST COMPANY EVER! Don’t trust them!!!! Bye bye to our 400 Euro 😭"
"Don't use Viagogo to sell tickets, it is a scam! On Thursday 31st May I listed two tickets, I uploaded the eTickets to their website, I received this email back: 'Thank you for pre-uploading your e-tickets. If your tickets sell we'll deliver them straight to the buyer.' Four hours later I received an email confirming that they had sold my tickets, and I received this email: 'There is now nothing else you need to do! We will take care of sending your pre-uploaded e-tickets to the buyer.' I went away for the weekend and came back this morning to three emails from Viagogo: 1. Your sale must be uploaded within the next 72 hours. (I'd already uploaded them when I listed the ad). 2. We are now looking for replacement tickets for the buyer, and may cancel your sale. In case of cancellation you will not be paid for this sale, and may be charged a fee. 3. We have taken over this order and you no longer need to fulfil. Please note that this means you will not be paid for your sale, and may be liable for any charges incurred in replacing the sale. I called their customer service line on Monday morning (hard to find so I Googled it) and after getting cut off twice, I spoke with Stephanie for 20 minutes - to be fair she did call me back when I was cut off again. She said that perhaps it was because this was my first time and I didn't understand the system, but I was responsible for printing and sending the eTickets, and that the e-Ticket upload I did before was just for the listing. When I then asked why I was emailed twice saying that 'There is now nothing else you need to do! We will take care of sending your pre-uploaded e-tickets to the buyer.' She said it was just an automated response and that they would charge me for the replacement tickets... Is it just me, or does this stink of a scam? AVOID VIAGOGO!"
"I would give zero stars if that was an option. Do not EVER buy tickets from Viagogo. This has to be the absolute worst case of customer service I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I bought tickets 5 months prior to the event and was told they would be electronically delivered the week before the concert date. After endless hours of email and phone conversations, I finally received my tickets 25 minutes prior to the opening of the gates. The stress and time spent dealing with these people was unbelievable. For them to take my money up front and then require me to beg and plead to actually get my tickets transferred was ridiculous. I strongly urge you to find another ticket seller. This is not the company you want to be dealing with."
"Bought four tickets for rod Stewart for £565.80 tickets arrived 4 days before event face value of £248 I’m absolutely gutted at being a victim of fraud the government should should these sites down and refund genuine ppl there monies owed!! These were Xmas presents and they have came with some random mans name on!! AVOID THESE SELLERS LIKE THE PLAQUE!! I’m onto it tho"
"Stay away from this site. They are a fraud. They email to say I'm not going to receive the tickets due to an issue with the seller, just the day before the event. We had already booked hotels and train. Also they only offered the refund in vouchers to use with their site, which I don't want to use again at all."
"DONT BUY TICKETS FROM THESE PEOPLE! I bought tickets to Mark Knopfler's May 30th concert at the Resorts World Arena from Viagogo last November. They charged me £484.98 for 3 tickets with a face value of £63.35 each! The tickets are clearly marked 'The resale of this ticket is prohibited' and 'ID checks may be conducted on entry'. The tickets are also marked with the name of the original purchaser. I contacted the venue and they confirmed that Photo ID WOULD be required and if the original purchaser was not present we would be refused entry. These tickets were in fact worthless to me. Viagogo refused to provide a refund so I have referred the matter to my Credit Card providers disputes team. Moral of the tale: DON'T BUY TICKETS FROM VIAGOGO, THEY ARE A CON!"
"Just been to Manchester Arena to see Michael Buble. Was an anniversary surprise from my husband. He paid £540 for 2 tickets that were up in the gods when bought in good faith to be near the stage. Absolute rip off !! The view was terrible , the cameras were right in our view. Buble was of course amazing, just don’t buy tickets from Viagogo . Obviously we won’t be doing so again"
"Scam. Liars. Robbers. NEVER buy your tickets from these pressure sales nasties."
"Excessive booking fees charged to account. Avoid this site they are touts not official ticket sellers. 3 x £55 face value tickets were £544 with VIAGOGO and impossible to contact."
"I would even give them 1 star .. minus 10 is more like it! Rip off .. £35 ticket sold at £78 with anappalling seat. Ticket original buyer was from Australia. What a scam🤬🤬🤬🤬"
Viagogo is rated 1.20 based on 353 reviews