Viagogo Reviews

5% of reviewers recommend Viagogo

How would you rate Viagogo?

107 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Sophie Dees

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Viagogo in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"If i could give it minus i would. Eminem went to cost of 300.00 to 500.00 in seconds. Charged 120.00 Booking Fee as its not clearly stated - drip feeds information throughout the process and these are not shown until after payment detail are entered so i suggest you watch you are doing. After 5 days of contacting them, they state the same thing, do not know what they are doing and are an absolute waste of time. There customer service skills are appalling, and it's a different person every-time. They copy and paste the same answer and refuse to give you anything back for their poor advertising and rip off prices 120.00 to secure delivery and maintain their platform when i paid a delivery charge is ridiculous! Absolute rip-off. DO NOT USE. Nightmare of a ticket selling platform. I would seriously look at watchdog, trust pilot and BBC News before purchasing tickets from these."
"Viaogo charged me £250 for a ticket the lady next to me paid £20 for. The seats where terrible. Need i say more?"
"Could not contact company had to go through twitter . No correspondance recieved and charged me £20 for something that I did not understand Dont go on site go somewhere else to buy tickets ....avoid"
"After I have been conned like other customers that have also sent in review. How the hell is this company allowed to continue. Surely they are fraudulently gaining excessive amounts of money off innocent people who think they are buying face value tickets. This company must be stopped."
"Total rip off. Avoid this company. It is a con. The tickets you buy are not the tickets you have ordered and you are overcharged. Get this company shut down. They should not be allowed to trade"
"Bought 4 tickets instead of 2 and bought children tickets instead of adults (probably my mistake the 2nd one I wasn't careful enough) but I never wanted to buy 4?! of them. The tickets supposed to cost £27 each which I thought that is a good price. Only at the end after I gave my card details and the transaction was going through showed me the total price. I was expecting to be £54 (for 2 tickets) and it was £158???!!!! and was too late to do anything. I was shocked. Within 30 mins I wrote them a letter and asked them to cancel everything because this is not what I wanted at all but they said they can't do anything try to resell my tickets. I tried to sell it for the same price as I bought it then went down half price and in the last days I offered the tickets for free and nobody wanted! Never ever again Viagogo!!!!"
"Booked tickets for a gig, took time off work, reserved travel and accommodation only to be told 3 days before that there were no tickets available. The "Viagogo guarantee" is worthless, a statement which applies generally to this dissembling, thieving, dishonest, festering sham of a company."
"AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! they should be shut down and want to know how they are still trading I bought tickets for my daughter to see mackelmore for xmas present and paid £144 now I find the tickets are only worth half that amount and there is someone elses name on them Wish me luck telling my daughter wish I had seen the reviews previously but they look like a pucka website on the internet ! and they still send me emails bloody cheek !"
Susan Cutler
Verified Reviewer
"I am trying to contact them the e mail is undelivered I’ve had money for the tickets taken from my bank account when I log on to my Viagogo account there are no tickets there"
"bought tickets five weeks prior to the concert and was told I would have them no later than three days before the concert. Two days before I had to make contact to find out there are no tickets. sooo disappointed!"
"stay clear of this company they are the worst company that i have ever experienced. I wish i had read the reviews bedfore i purchased off this website. i purchased 2 tickets face value £60 each . Tickets were listed as £102 each on viagogo website so i should have paid £204 instead they manipulated me into paying £291:59 . When i checked they had charged me £9 for delivery on each ticket plus £35 vat and booking fee on each ticket.This is totally unacceptable . This company are misleading and have hidden costs .I would not recommend this company to anyone. In fact i am going to seek legal advise and i intend to publish my experience on social media so that this company is shut down completely"
"Total rip off prices. My daughter had the kind thought to buy me rugby tickets for Wales Italy as a Christmas present, a game that never sells out and tickets available on the day. I found out she has paid nearly 180 pound for the tickets and thought nice, must be good tickets anyhow. Today 2 X 30 tickets arrived. 3 times the face value for event that hasn't sold out. AVOID at all cost this rip off site"
"SCAM ALERT: They'll sell you a seated ticked ( which they haven't got , then offer you a "free upgrade" a week before the concert for a cheaper ticket. Have a look at the reviews - its a regular scam. Appalling. Told ( and emailed) lies by this company. I paid for a ticket in October for a gig in March. They contacted me a week before the gig to offer me a " free upgrade" - to a cheaper ticket!. It turned out that it wasn't an offer - they just had never actually had the ticket they'd originally sold me 3 months previously. I am left with no ticket having taken time off work , booked accommodation and travel. I am never , never going to use this company again. How are they still in business given the consistently awful reviews?"
"Viagogo I'd give you a ZERO STAR RATING if I could. My tickets for Stereophonics in Cardiff have arrived today and I've just discovered I paid FOUR TIMES FACE VALUE, i.e. a lot of dosh ! I don't often by gig tickets, so hadn't realised you were ripping me off until now. I wouldn't have minded if the seats were ace, but they ain't ! The service was good but AVOID AVOID AVOID VIAGOGO unless you're prepared to pay a lot extra. (Wish I'd checked these reviews before I bought the tickets)."
"This is a great cheat!!! I was stupid to buy 2 concert tickets from Viagogo before I checked the backgrounds of this firm. They give false information in their marketing and charge unreasonable extra. You don't know beforehand how much you are actually going to pay. I bought 2 tickets with a price of 75 euros each. The total invoice was over 320 euros! Google Viagogo and check the customer experiences before doing any purchase from this firm! The web is full of angry customers with cheating experiences. I made my mistake. Never buy anything from this joint. Avoid this firm like a plague!"
Kay Woolcock
Verified Reviewer
"Bought a ticket to see Stereophonics in Cardiff next month. I bought a seated ticket, can’t stand for long periods, paid for it last October. End of January I got an email saying I was eligible for an upgrade to the floor, where I would be able to get closer to the band! Because I’m in my seventies, i realised this was not an option for me! The following week I received another email saying they could not provide the seated ticket they had sold me in October, the only option was a floor ticket. I sent a message but received no reply. Eventually managed to speak to someone who could not guarantee a seat. So it was either floor or refund. I opted for refund, and will never ever use this rip off merchant again."
Kathryn Yeoman
Verified Reviewer
"Do not use this site ! I paid £99 for a ticket to see Paul Weller at Plymouth Pavilions. It was invalid so I couldn't get in. I'm disgusted, the tickets were 42.50 ! What a bunch of scammers, I will be taking this further !"
"Do not buy from these scam artists. Bought 2 tickets as a special present for Porto vs Sporting Lisbon advertised as 4th March. Last week discovered from Porto website (no info from Viagago) match has moved to 2nd March which we cannot attend and the tickets are no longer as originally advertised. Their 'customer service' simply repeat no refund which is a contravention of STAR policy and indeed within their T&CS which they just ignore."
"The most confusing and contradictory information on their website and in their emails. I sold some tickets and in a single emailI was supposed to: Drop off the tickets within 24 hours to an unspecified location Transfer the tickets into the names of the purchaser Ship the tickets by 01/04 - todays date is 19/02 Hand the tickets over in person at the event on 08/04 SO WHICH IS IT? What a complete Joke this outfit are! Oh and try contacting them by phone or email!!! Nigh on impossible They takes your money and then offer a shocking service I shall be using Stubbhub next time!!"
"I would strongly advise anyone NOT to use this site. They charged at least twice the ticket price plus a massive handling fee per ticket. the whole purchasing experience was one of being hassled by warnings that the booking time was running out and all the tickets were nearly sold out. there was no mention of the handling fee until the payment page. Then they took the money but did not buy the tickets for 10 days - We feel we have been well and truly ripped off by this website. We wanted to go and see the Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra playing in the Summer Concert Series at Kirstenbosch Gardens and Via Go Go was the 1st site to come on my screen. We have since learned that tickets to this concert are R180 per person. So our 4 tickets should have cost me R720 with a booking fee of not a lot more. But thru Via GoGO it cost me R1901 double the cost of ticket plus R100 per ticket booking fee. Gullible from Cape Town"
Viagogo is rated 1.18 based on 107 reviews