Viagogo Reviews

5% of reviewers recommend Viagogo

How would you rate Viagogo?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

94 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
H

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Viagogo in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Viagogo I'd give you a ZERO STAR RATING if I could. My tickets for Stereophonics in Cardiff have arrived today and I've just discovered I paid FOUR TIMES FACE VALUE, i.e. a lot of dosh ! I don't often by gig tickets, so hadn't realised you were ripping me off until now. I wouldn't have minded if the seats were ace, but they ain't ! The service was good but AVOID AVOID AVOID VIAGOGO unless you're prepared to pay a lot extra. (Wish I'd checked these reviews before I bought the tickets)."
"This is a great cheat!!! I was stupid to buy 2 concert tickets from Viagogo before I checked the backgrounds of this firm. They give false information in their marketing and charge unreasonable extra. You don't know beforehand how much you are actually going to pay. I bought 2 tickets with a price of 75 euros each. The total invoice was over 320 euros! Google Viagogo and check the customer experiences before doing any purchase from this firm! The web is full of angry customers with cheating experiences. I made my mistake. Never buy anything from this joint. Avoid this firm like a plague!"
Kay Woolcock
Verified Reviewer
"Bought a ticket to see Stereophonics in Cardiff next month. I bought a seated ticket, can’t stand for long periods, paid for it last October. End of January I got an email saying I was eligible for an upgrade to the floor, where I would be able to get closer to the band! Because I’m in my seventies, i realised this was not an option for me! The following week I received another email saying they could not provide the seated ticket they had sold me in October, the only option was a floor ticket. I sent a message but received no reply. Eventually managed to speak to someone who could not guarantee a seat. So it was either floor or refund. I opted for refund, and will never ever use this rip off merchant again."
Kathryn Yeoman
Verified Reviewer
"Do not use this site ! I paid £99 for a ticket to see Paul Weller at Plymouth Pavilions. It was invalid so I couldn't get in. I'm disgusted, the tickets were 42.50 ! What a bunch of scammers, I will be taking this further !"
"Do not buy from these scam artists. Bought 2 tickets as a special present for Porto vs Sporting Lisbon advertised as 4th March. Last week discovered from Porto website (no info from Viagago) match has moved to 2nd March which we cannot attend and the tickets are no longer as originally advertised. Their 'customer service' simply repeat no refund which is a contravention of STAR policy and indeed within their T&CS which they just ignore."
"The most confusing and contradictory information on their website and in their emails. I sold some tickets and in a single emailI was supposed to: Drop off the tickets within 24 hours to an unspecified location Transfer the tickets into the names of the purchaser Ship the tickets by 01/04 - todays date is 19/02 Hand the tickets over in person at the event on 08/04 SO WHICH IS IT? What a complete Joke this outfit are! Oh and try contacting them by phone or email!!! Nigh on impossible They takes your money and then offer a shocking service I shall be using Stubbhub next time!!"
"I would strongly advise anyone NOT to use this site. They charged at least twice the ticket price plus a massive handling fee per ticket. the whole purchasing experience was one of being hassled by warnings that the booking time was running out and all the tickets were nearly sold out. there was no mention of the handling fee until the payment page. Then they took the money but did not buy the tickets for 10 days - We feel we have been well and truly ripped off by this website. We wanted to go and see the Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra playing in the Summer Concert Series at Kirstenbosch Gardens and Via Go Go was the 1st site to come on my screen. We have since learned that tickets to this concert are R180 per person. So our 4 tickets should have cost me R720 with a booking fee of not a lot more. But thru Via GoGO it cost me R1901 double the cost of ticket plus R100 per ticket booking fee. Gullible from Cape Town"
"Everything we expected - was a bit dubious about buying Six nations tickets for Rome especially when we received only Etickets but the seats in the stadium were reasonable and good value. Beware your money goes through international clearing & fees appeared on my credit card and my fellow travellers had problems trying to contact viagogo with a question so make sure you print off and cover all angles, apart from this I would recommend"
"Paid over €340 for Andre Rieu tickets at SSE arena in Belfast. Lost the lot. No tickets. Do NOT under any circumstances order tickets for any event from this site. Scammere, robbers, will not answer any questions you ask. You will not get money refunded through your credit Cade as is usual if there is a problem , banks do NOT recognise Viagogo as a legit site. Avoid Avoid... You have been warned."
"This company is an electronic ticket tout. Purchased 4 tickets face value £15 each web (no indication of ticket price when you purchase) price £54 each you go through the 5 minute black mail. Only right at the death for them to add £4 handling and £18 I'm going to rip you off tax per ticket. £300 for tickets face value £60. Waited in for UPS to deliver thinking I would have to sign for them. Just checked and they had been delivered envelope hanging in the letter box."
"Massively ripped off, listed in Google as the main site to use to see Jonathan Pie on my phone. Should have used the eventim instead as it lists ticket so much cheaper. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!"
"THis website is terrible. Hide the full price of the tickets until card details are entered. Asked if you are satisfied with the order, and if no is selected the order would be cancelled and a refund would be given. I selected no and gave my reason, however the 310 pound came out of my account and my order is not cancelled! I emailed explaining and didn’t receive an email back and customer services wouldn’t speak to me on the phone. Very angry and upset customer"
"Customer Service is a joke. I was trying to sell tickets, uploaded photo evidence of them as they required and still, after 6 days, my listing has not gone live. They say 3 days on their site but this is a lie. Their customer Service team are completely ineffectual and cannot help. DO NOT USE TO SELL YOUR TICKETS!!"
"Viagogo is absolute scam. They do not tell you the right price for the ticket, use expensive shipping costs and tell you about additional costs, (three times more than original price), only AFTER the purchase. Never buy on this website!"
"UNBELIEVABLY BAD CUSTOMER CARE Avoid this company at all costs. I purchased 2 tickets to go and see England pay Italy in the six nations rugby at Rome. 2 months before departing they advised me they could not provide the tickets I ordered and offered me tickets 50 rows higher up at the top of the stadium. These were politely rejected and after many contacts I accepted their assurance they were working hard to resolve this matter. 2 weeks before the match i was advised my tickets were ready to download. When I did this I found they had sent me tickets for high up in the stadium near the top. Again when I raised this as a complaint I was advised they would give me 80 euros back if I accepted them. I pointed out they had seats in the same section at the opposite end of the stadium for sale at instant download of tickets that would meet there guarantee of offering comparable seats in the event of a problem. I was amazed to find the next email from them was to tell me that they had issued a full refund and my tickets were now void. This left me high and dry after booking holidays, flights and hotels to take my wife to see this match for her birthday."
"It was a ripoff - paid well over the seat price because of their "add-ons". Would never ever use them again!"
"Viagogo are the epitome of a dishonest business. Firstly, they do not make it clear they are a secondary ticketing site. They are very clever at getting you drawn in and believing you are buying fairly priced tickets. Their terms are hidden by pop ups and it is not until you enter payment and then you see a total which is far more than you expected. Had I known I was going to be paying £335 for two tickets to s show in Bournemouth, I would never have contemplated it. I wouldn’t even pay that for top West End tickets. When the email arrived with the “tickets” they were the worst seats at the very back and face value of £31 Each! NEVER again, this has been a nightmare. Crooks and thieves and no desire to help, as they block my emails. A Facebook group called Victims of Viagogo pretty much sums it up with over 4,000 members. AVOID Like the plague"
"Saw Gary Barlow tickets on Viagogo site £117.00 each face value £62.00 so purchased 2 then checked my bank account. £333.95 been taken out, I tried to contact them to find out what the extra payment was for. Had no luck just told to relist. If I relist they charge you a fee for relisting, so either way I am out of pocket. Buyers beware before you hit that buy button you will not be paying what you expect. I,m still not sure if the tickets I have purchased even exist. AVOID AVOID AVOID."
"a would not even give you 1 it would be 0 if a could ,no way to contact use jusy automated messages total disgrace . watch dog needs to shut this down before any more get scammed .."
"bought tickets from here ,then kids deciding they didnt fancy concert a had bought for , then seen you could sell your tickets back , don't do it they took £60 odd pound ,then you still don't get your money back till 5/7 days after concert that's if a get it back ,watch dog needs to step in here , am out off pocket by £250 pounds ,infact a would not even give them a 1 all be going to citizens advice bureau to see what they can do."
Viagogo is rated 1.20 based on 94 reviews