Viagogo Reviews

Viagogo have a Customer Happiness Grade of D. Customers are happy with their prices and delivery but are unhappy with their customer service and refunds. Full Insights

5% of reviewers recommend Viagogo
4PM
4PM
Over a week

How would you rate Viagogo ?

"First time to buy concert tickets. So when I printed them out to find a strangers name on them i panicked and call them. The customer service I received was hands down the poorest I’ve ever come across! I also paid triple the price for the tickets. I nievely thought the price was a reflection on the quality of tickets rather than the profit viagogo we’re making from me. Never again...."
"paid £200 for elo tickets, they took £80 for booking and posting, once you pay there is no way you can contact them, stay away from viagogo, I paid just under £300, was sent 2 £50 seats in post, be aware."
"I can't even put in to words how bad Viagogo are. We bought two tickets for the titans vs chargers game this Sunday at Wembley. We still haven't received them and the UPS tracker says they have no trace of the order whilst an email from Viagogo has the status of "delivered". We paid £600 for two tickets and arranged travel, hotel etc. I have emailed several times and phoned. The call centre is absolutely atrocious. The stupid woman didn't understand a word I said and was very unhelpful. Absolutely devastated as have been looking forward to this for months and if I'm honest I'm not even sure pursuing a refund of our hard earned money will be worth it. Please please PLEASE do NOT use this company. They have nothing but bad reviews and I'm surprised they haven't been shut down."
"Viagogo have just scammed me into paying four times the venue's official price to see a band at the Roundhouse in London next February. Although I contacted them 15 minutes after the transaction to cancel, they are refusing to do so or give any refund. They have offered to try to resell the tickets but at prices that would leave me £100 out of pocket. Their site used misleading information and coercive tools to hurry me into a fraudulent sale transaction. I have spoken to my credit card company who can't stop the 'pending' payment but have said they'll investigate if I raise a dispute in 2-3 days once the payment has been processed. I think Viagogo has contravened UK Consumer Protection legislation and if necessary will pursue this in the small claims court. To all who read this, avoid Viagogo at all costs..."
"HAVE BEEN A VICTIM OF FRAUD! Have been duped by Viagogo and lost £277.34 on two tickets for a show at the O2 on 02.10.18. Bought the tickets nearly a year ago. Waited for months and then contacted Viagogo asking about the tickets. Was sent an email with two links that took me to their site, to a page that confirmed the row and section but not the seat numbers. Was told in their email that this would not be a problem. Got to the venue 30 mins before the show to be told that that sheet (which I had printed out together with the email from Viagogo) were not valid. At the venue, two box office representatives tried to access the Viagogo site using the same link that was sent to me and got the same result. They then told me that I had been a victim of fraud. Can't quite describe how upset I was. Had waited nearly a year for this concert, travelled for one hour to get to the venue and then got turned away. Upon arriving at home, contacted Viagogo by email and a while later the download button (bright green and big) had suddenly appeared on my account! But, unfortunately, it was too late and I had missed the show. Someone messed it up at Viagogo and was now trying to cover their tracks! Ever since, I have sent Viagogo countless emails and have spoken to them on the phone about getting a refund. THEY HAVE REFUSED!! Will now take legal action via Which? legal team. American Express are also investigating the issue. If this review can help other people like me, then at least my dreadful experience will have not been in vain. Their customer service people have no morals or integrity and will just recite things like robots! The one I spoke to, Claire, said she understood my situation but could not do anything to help me, and then doubted my side of the story despite the fact that I have sent them the print out of the page that was delivered to me via the link they had sent me. STAY WAY FROM THESE CROOKS!! No show is worth the misery I've been through."
"They confirmed my purchase for me and are refusing to return/refund. I never approved the purchase - completely fraudulent."
"thieves, useless, STAY AWAY."
"Thieves, crooks, cheats and liars. What more can I say. Purchased 2 tickets to Celine Dion in Auckland and they charged my credit card for 4 tickets. I asked them to sell the other two, which they did but refused to refund the money. Said "Viagogo does not refund tickets." Sent me tickets but they were in another persons name. Again "Viagogo does not refund tickets." They even tried to charge my credit card again for fees for selling the two tickets but by then I'd stopped my card. I'm currently $989 out of pocket and never saw the concert because the tickets were fake. Stay well away from this crowd."
"Absolutely disgraceful! I'm so cross that this company is allowed to get away with daylight robbery! After charging way of asking price, I couldn't even get hold of the company to complain. I was locked out of my Account and unable to get any response what so ever, I was completely ignored. Stay well away!!! If I could give a minus score I would."
"Had a positive experience, the tickets were above face value but arrived proptly and were exactly what I had ordered."
"Bought tickets for NFL Sunday 14. October 2018. I purchased the tickets because they were instant download. Shortly after I recieved a mail from Viagogo with a link saying download your tickets. Opened the link and found an invoice from the person who had bought the tickets from Ticketmaster. Wrote to Viagogo about the mistake. Got a mail back saying that the ticket were not instant download but paper tickets and I had to send my name and address to Viagogo and they would contact the seller who should send me the tickets. I was not satisfied with that solution and demanded tickets with instant download or my money back. Got a mail from Viagogo who basically to me to f..k off. Don’t EVER get involved with these bastards. Fraudsters from A to Z."
"If I could offer less then one star I would .. charge you for tickets without a row with absolutely ridiculously inflated prices then when the tickets are released the ticket it the back row! An I mean THE BACK! Had I know. I would never have bought it .. and I paid more than double face value... honestly this is awful. And there is no way to cotmact them to complain .. stay clear and save yourself heartache and a headache"
"THEY ARE REAL THIEF _ STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY _ THEY SOLD A TICKETS FOR 300 Euros the tickets was only Euro 30 - I have realized when I have checked the bank receipt from my CREDIT card - STAY AWAY FROM THEM _ THIEF!!!!!"
"Charge huge hidden fee's, with a check out system that doesn't make it clear that they're doing so. It doesn't make the full price obvious until you've already paid. After thinking I was paying $170, after a click I had paid $243. I emailed immediately asking for a refund, but they refuse, even with the show 6 months away and after contacting them directly after"
"Be very careful if you are Disabled, Elderly, Unable to walk far or Have young children.. I would love to give a higher score, after such a great night at the O2 last night. Brilliant seats- great view. Unfortunately, it could have been so much better for the following reasons. Firstly, I booked the tickets & paid way over the odds for them. This included a high delivery charge. I knew this was the case, but as it was a last minute decision, I decided to accept the £50 add-on for two £43 tickets. Eye-watering add-on I know. The day I was due to receive them I got an email saying they weren't available any more. And was told it was too late for delivery so they would need picking up. I wasn't concerned by this, especially knowing we had just bagged ourselves much better seats. I assumed this would be from a ticket office in the Arena. I started to do some research and discovered some people were happy enough, as the pickup point was around the corner, but most were desperately unhappy. I contacted Viagogo and asked where our pickup point was and then learned it was all the way in Soho. I phoned & spoke to a sympathetic person, who was not English, so I assume didn't know the locations, who could not appreciate fully how much of an effort this was. We were travelling nearly 4 hrs to the venue already and didn't want another journey on top. I couldn't resolve the problem. Our second problem then was we had to travel 4 hrs, park up and pay an additional cost for tube tickets into London. It took us nearly 1 hr to find the place (after a long walk from the tube station in London). Horror stories online told of people waiting hrs outside the postbox place, with a short window of time before the event. Fortunately, the guy there said it was never ever normally like this (we were the only ones picking up when the limited 2 hr slot time opened). He said it was normal for people to be queuing down the street. We then had the long trek back to Westminster, to get back on the tube for the Arena. We had great seats, and for that we were thankful, but the other inconvenience was not acceptable. It was only because we are able- bodied, fit adults, without children that we managed this. It is absolutely ridiculous that people have to travel so far for the tickets. This may be acceptable for people who live in London, but for the majority of Britain it isn't. I gave 2 stars because the tickets were great but the extra inconvenience deserves only 1 star. It would have been a minus if it had been raining & there was a big queue, resulting in us missing the start of the concert, as has happened to lots of poor people. I never even questioned the huge price markup. If I ever need to buy from a resale company again I will think very carefully about who I buy from. Buyer Beware..."
"I like another lady thought i was on the 02 site. I confirmed my purchase of Kylie tickets before realising. Since reading the reviews I have spent months stressed that I being scammed again! ( was scammed by Harley street ticket agents on cliff Richard tickets). However the tickets arrived and to our relief last night found them to be genuine. However I paid nearly double for the tickets and I don't think viagogo should get away with the criminal stealing of our money"
"I bought tickets for a show and the price stated seemed reasonable. They put a timer on so you don't have time to read all the small print and I did not find out until the transaction was complete that they infact charged me double the cost that I had agreed. They have no refund policy. SCAM they should be stopped."
"Absolute scammers Do Not use this site !!! They show you a price, until you enter you credit card info and change you 50% extra for costs. But they inform you about those costs only after you paid. SCAM !!!"
"Appalling and useless service. First experience with them and will never use again. Bought a last minute ticket on the way in to work, when I got confirmation email with address with instructions I would need ID to collect at collection centre I called to ask if email and credit card would suffice as I wouldn’t have time to go home for passport and travel to the city centre to collect ticket before the event this evening as I work the other end of town. The first person said he couldn’t do anything about it it was policy. I asked to speak to someone more senior, explained my situation, could they ask Mail Boxes etc to release the ticket to me without my passport. He said he would look into it and call me back. He never did. By lunchtime I decided to try and sell the ticket realising I’d never make it in time as I hadn’t heard back. I tried listing it but had problems with the site so I called - twice. The second time I was told they could see the listing but it wasn’t activated so they would ‘escalate’ it to their dept to make it live. Plus ‘ah great, it should sell fast, it’s a popular evevt’ That was at 12.30. I received an email from them but when I looked on the site at 2.30 I couldn’t see my listing so called again. I was told the same thing, it would be listed soon, not to worry. 3.30 still nothing so I emailed and was told to be patient and apologies (again) for the ‘unusal delay’. I asked WHY the unusual delay? Was there a problem? At 3.45 and again at 4.45 I received emails saying the ticket couldn’t be listed as it was too close to the event and ‘therefore make sure you will collect the ticket’!! Yeah, right. Couldn’t have told me that at lunchtime when i specifically askes?! Have lost time and money. Totally useless company and service. I recommend you DON’T use them!"
"They refuse to refund when they falsely advertise tickets when you purchase. They give your personal data out to third parties also. Avoid this company - unless you want strange people having your numbers and harassing you. Terrible false customer service also. I’m surprised this site is still trading."
Viagogo is rated 1.21 based on 215 reviews