The London School of Make-up Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend The London School of Make-up

About The London School of Make-up: London School of Make-up offers students the best and most comprehensive makeup courses, make-up artistry training, and media make up courses in London. Incorporated in the year 2000 with the sole purpose of educating to the highest standards of makeup artistry for those who wish to take up makeup courses in London.

02074995771

murat@londonsm.com

11 John Princes Street

How would you rate The London School of Make-up ?

"Great course with excellent format to teach the foundations of makeup. The tutors were great, especially Laura who shared a lot of her experiences with us and taught us a lot. I would highly recommend this course for anyone to build their skills or to learn the fundamentals to become a working makeup artist."
"I joined the school for just two shorts weeks to learn about catwalk and fashion makeup. For someone who already works in makeup and has several years experience I really and truely enjoyed my experience here. The tutors were incredible, they all had different techniques and has different ways of working which was great to see. I highly recommend the London school of makeup for beginners as well as artists that want to refresh there creative minds! Lydia xox"
"I chose the Make Up Application Certificate course with The London School of Make-up after doing a lot of research. It was the best fit for me in terms of flexibility of learning, location but most of all it is a challenging course and one recognised by the industry. I did the initial 2 day, followed by home study option but there are others so a great choice whatever your circumstances. We had a high profile teacher, who was amazing and gave us the best start to our learning. You have to be self motivated to do the home study but you have the full support of the School and the team - Val answered lots of my email very promptly and patiently! Having just completed the exam (practical and theory) and submitted my portfolio, I am excited to see what my new skills and confidence will bring! I cannot recommend The London School of Make-up highly enough and consider them the benchmark for industry excellence! Thank you so much to the School for helping me to achieve a long held dream!"
Thank you very much Fiona such a lovely review...
"I have wanted for years to do a professional makeup course and I can honestly say I must have chosen the very best place to do so. As a more mature student I could not have been more welcomed and thoroughly enjoyed the interaction of all ages and nationalities. And I am simply thrilled to have achieved my certification! Thank you to everyone at LSM!"
"I have travelled especially from Romania to do the 8 Weeks IMA Course. I have enjoyed every moment of it and I have learnt things that I know I would have never learnt in any other school. So if you want to do a complete make-up course, The London School of Make-up is the perfect place!"
"It was a wonderful experience to be taught at the London school of makeup,The environment provided was very comfortable. The adimnistration was very hard working and cooperative. I am really satisfied by my experience. The teachers were very experienced and have worked hard to teach me all that I know. This school polishes future makeup artists in the best of ways that I have known."
Estefania S
Verified Buyer
"This is the best makeup school in London, courses are very informative and practical, teachers are full of knowledge and eager to share it with the students and the LSM team members are very welcoming and helpfull! Also, you get to work with great products and have access to amazing discounts for your makeup kit! I did the 8 week course, it’s great value for money! Thank you LSM!"
Thank you very much...
"Terrible. If you are young and looking for help in getting into the makeup industry do not pick LSM. Its about money, once you’ve finished the course they couldn’t careless. The opportunity for fashion week is all rubbish unless you are persistent with them and even then you have to nag. The staff are rude and extrely unhelpful. If you are from a country elsewhere it’s amazing because you can make them look good, other than that it’s really unhelpful and best to find a better course with better staff who actually care for the people they have learning from them."
Unfortunately, this student Tilly Rose Day along with some others were amongst the most disruptive student when in the class. Not only did she bully other students and staff she also as one can see from her comments regarding foreign students showed racist tendencies. The management of this school will not tolerate such behaviour and spoke to this particular group regarding their attitude. We received complaints regarding her behaviour from most of our professional guest make-up artists. Last night we held the audition for the LSM Pro-team for London Fashion Week which she was not invited to take part, therefore the comments from her in this review. However, three others we are pleased to say from this particular class are part of our team this season.
"I joined LSM for the 2 week creative course and it was outstanding! The course Content and teachers were excellent and definately left a mark on me. I look forward to coming back to attend more Courses for sure. Whether you are an aspiring makeup artist or already a make up artist looking to refresh/upgrade your skills, LSM is the perfect school. All my best to the LSM family. Dana Kalaoui"
Thank you very much our pleasure...
"Made me more confident as a makeup artist. The best school for makeup."
"its is a very good school for makeup.i learnt a lot but the only thing I really didn’t like about LSM was the fact that we had to makeup our fellow students every day for the whole 8 weeks apart from the photo shoot.it makes things boring and no variety. I would suggest a student get a different model everyday after a particular time in the course.over all it is a very nice school."
Dear Ike-Onu (Victoria)
Thank you for your five-star review and lovely comments.
The reason we ask you to work on different students in the class each day instead of bringing in models is to keep the price affordable for everyone. Unfortunately, the cost would double if we used models.
Once again thank you for your review and it was a pleasure to have you as a student all the way from Nigeria.
"went to this school for the 8 weeks course and i really enjoyed and learn alot of new things. This course includes everything you need to know and practice and the teachers are absolutely brilliant."
"Good teachers They teach u to be a professional makeup artist. Many thanks"
"I modelled for a haircut . The teacher was Aida and she delivered the most professional service . She taught her student about the cut and the technique and she also made me feel very secure and looked after because she was going through all the different stages. I was not only a model, I have been treated like a proer customer. The haicut was amazing and the learner was also pleased about what she achieved. I highly recommend the London Scholl of Make Up and its team of teachers. Aida was really really good. Thank you"
"I loved the environment! It was so fun to be there every day with awesome teachers. I really appreciated the professionalism and the quality of th3 class!"
Dannielle D
Verified Buyer
"I have just completed the 8 week media makeup course and i would defiantly recommend this course to anyone who wants to further their career as a makeup artist it covered all areas of the makeup industry including special effects and hair. The school also really look after you after your course has ended keeping you updated on any jobs that are available to help you on your way to building your portfolio. The classes were fun and i learnt valuable techniques from the teachers, every teacher brought their own unique flair for makeup to every lesson which kept the course interesting and was very inspiring, the experience and knowledge is not something you can learn from a tutorial online, so i am glad i chose this course, now i am looking forward to what my future as a makeup artist will bring. Thankyou london school of makeup :)"
"Their teachers where knowledgeable and their resources good. They where also always friendly, nice and helpful. I feel confident to go into the industry with the skills they taught me. So glad I choice LSM"
"Great experience and a really good course, the instructors were so helpful and thorough and the school had an excellent kit to work with and kept impressively high standards of hygeine."
"I attended the 3 day course for day, evening and bridal makeup. I can highly recommend this course. My teacher was Charlotte, who was amazing. Taught us so much in the space of three days and the aftercare was brilliant, any questions/queries Charlotte was happy to help. I came back yesterday evening to take my exam and passed. Couldn't recommend this course/school enough. Looking forward to going back for further courses.... this is just the beginning. Thank you Charlotte and everyone else at the school. X"
Viktorija T
Verified Buyer
"Finished 9 weeks foundation course, was great experience and teacher Nisa was amazing!"
The London School of Make-up is rated 4.81 based on 78 reviews