The London School of Make-up Reviews

of reviewers recommend The London School of Make-up
Read The London School of Make-up Reviews

About The London School of Make-up:

London School of Make-up offers students the best and most comprehensive makeup courses, make-up artistry training, and media make up courses in London. Incorporated in the year 2000 with the sole purpose of educating to the highest standards of makeup artistry for those who wish to take up makeup courses in London.

02074995771

The London School of Make-up 5 star review on 29th April 2019
Mariana Prisadashka
The London School of Make-up 5 star review on 27th April 2019
Amna Khan
I finished my 2 week foundation course and I had a great experience. I loved coming here every single day. Everyone was very friendly and proffesional and I learned so many things. Our teacher Amanda was great. Also special thanks to Eva who was with us in the last week and she was very patient, helpful and learned us so many useful tips. Can’t wait to return back for other courses.
Thank you so much for your fantastic review. We are so happy when received a genuine review, especially during this time… We will miss you were all amazing class.
I really enjoyed the foundation course and look forward to coming back for more some time. The course was challenging, but the teaching was excellent and I really felt I had improved enormously after 2 weeks.
Hello Annie

Thank you so much lovely review and choice LSM. We are happy to see your genuine review our main reason carry on this mesmerizing artistry and see you in February our Drag makeup course. All the Best... LSM TEAM
Hello,
It was an amazing journey. I have done the 8-week course, it was very intense and very helpful. I learnt so many techniques and knowledge about makeup and hairstyle. Thank you for teaching us☺️.
Thank you Sonam... it was such a unique journey. We are glad you are happy. We are hoping to see you soon... LSM Team
An amazing experience that I recommend to everyone . If you’re looking for a professional makeup course , definitely choose this school . I finished today my 8 weeks course and I can say it’s been a beautiful journey . I want to thank you Murat , Charlotte , Ieva , Monica and the whole team for being so helpful and so kind with us . I loved my time here and I will miss the class and every single one of you ! Thank you all . Francesca
The London School of Make-up 5 star review on 30th October 2020 The London School of Make-up 5 star review on 30th October 2020
I studied the foundation three day bridal course. Importantly, we were fully Covid-19 trained and I felt completely safe the whole time. We each got a lot of attention given the small class and I was amazed at how much we all improved over the three days. The business talk we got on the third day was fantastic and I'm so glad that we got such an experienced teacher. It was exactly the sort of course I wanted.
Thank you very much Katherine. See you soon...
Wow, what a truly amazing course, with the most friendly, professional & talented mentors! I'm so glad I decided to travel all the way from Cornwall, to gain my new skill set in the city & would highly recommend LSM to anyone wanting to pursue a career as a MUA! From initial booking, the training days, to after the course - everyone is always so accommodating and helpful. I know the support is already there, from this team moving forward as well.

Can't wait to re visit in the future and build on my skill set some more, to keep up to date with fashion trends and stay in touch - thank you!

Stay safe & wear make up - Naomi X
Thank you so much it is very honest and kinds words meaning a lot for us. We hope see you soon again...
I did the three day makeup course with Amanda where we learned day, evening and bridal makeup. The team were all great, Murat on reception was very helpful and Amanda was lovely, she made the course fun as well as educational. Even though we were learning during the covid pandemic I felt safe and definitely still learned so much. I had so much fun and now I cannot wait to start practicing at home and preparing for my exam. Thanks guys!
Thank you so much for a genuine review Georgia. Stay safe ...
Enjoyed the course thoroughly. After a long wait to attend the course due to COVID I finally had the chance to do the course. LSM staff were amazing and Amanda who taught us the course was a great mentor. The course was taught keeping the COVID safety in mind.
Such a great experience, had a great time. Will definitely recommend lsm to people if pursuing a career withIn the makeup industry.
The London School of Make-up 5 star review on 2nd September 2020
Thank so much for lovely review... We hope see you soon.
Really great school would definitely reccomend lovely teachers and a fabulous experience thank you
I did the 3 day course, IMA foundation and bridal. I am not one to complain so I will keep this review short and sweet. I really enjoyed day 3 but not so much day 1 and 2. I felt the style of teaching was very rushed and I felt like the teacher did not want to help the students, or even be there. The teacher's manner, approach and energy was very cold and as i spoke to other girls in the class, they said they felt the same. However, Gavin was our teacher for day 3 and he was AMAZING. He was warm, approachable, polite and helpful. It was only on day 3 that I felt that I was actually learning, and again, alot of the girls felt the same. I don't want to be rude but when you are paying that much money for a course, you would want the teacher to at least act like he/she is interested in being there! Slighty dissapointed.
It’s always hard to please everyone and we did speak together at the end of the three days when you were leaving. As we explained to you then Gavin is amazing however without the two days you had with our inhouse teacher first who had to take the whole class from knowing nothing to a level where they could tackle Gavin’s artistic work there would be little chance of understanding how to recreate his work. others in the class thought she was a fantastic teacher and so do we. However, we look forward to your returning for the examination process and hopefully for creative level.
Amazing platform to learn makeup, from the basics to special effects. I have attended LSOM’s 8 week course and it was the best experience! I learned so much and was taught by many professional makeup artists and teachers. I would definitely recommend the school to anyone who’s just starting out and doesn't know much about makeup or a passionate freelancer that wants to learn more~ We never stop learning.
I had an amazing 2 days at the London school of makeup! My teacher Nissa was so so lovely!! She was Very helpful And explained everything perfectly for me to understand. I had great girls in class too very friendly we even went shopping after class one day. Great experience and I would recommended this to anyone.
Hollie
Thank you very much for the lovely review Hollie..:)
Absolutely loved it, great tutors that explain and demo really well to allow you to feel very accomplished at the end. Bravo!!
Thank you very much for the lovely review Michelle...
I Had a lovely couple of days brushing up on my make-up skills. Learning lots of new ways to do things! Tony, is an asset to the school! All of the staff were very helpful, was a fun and creative atmosphere to be in. Thank you so much! All the best Antonia Wood #MUA
Thank you very much for the lovely review Antonia...
I just finished my 8-week course at The London School of Make-up and I loved it. Most of the teachers were amazing and helpful - I really enjoyed the fact that so many different makeup artists teach at the school. I will say that Tonee, Astrid and Pascal were my favorites.
I will also say that the communication and planning at the school will need improvement. It would be nice if you gave the students a plan for the week so they would be able to see which teachers and themes/techniques they would have the following week. eg. Monday: Pascal teaching sixties, blending eyeshadows well etc.
It would especially be nice to know when the photoshoots are... and not to be informed of this only 1 day before.
The same applies to the theory paper about period makeup - you had 5 weeks to give us this assignment but we got it one week before Amanda had to sign the finished paper - that was not enough time for many of my classmates.
The teachers will have to give the students better feedback in my opinion and not be on their phones while teaching.

The best thing about the school was that you were able to be creative and practice makeup on others every day and if that sounds amazing to you then I would recommend this school to you!

Kind Regards
Kamilla Birkelund
Hi Kamila

As we have different top international celebrity artists each day to teach the latest techniques and fashion trends they also hand over valuable professional inside knowledge. Due to their demand from both celebrities and within the industry we have an agreement with them that they can change their teaching days at short notice if necessary and be replaced with a different artist from our vast list. We cannot guarantee more than 48 hours ahead which artist will be teaching. These artists also have to stay in touch with their demanding clients or agents during the day via their cell phones.

All photo-shoots were discussed and dates given to the students at least five days ahead. You also received five lessons on photographic make-up and studio etiquette and fashion photography prior and leading up to the actual shoot day.

The management is always available and visual around the building to discuss any concerns such as those you have mentioned.
I took the 2 week Foundation course at LSM, and I honestly couldn’t of been happier. I didn’t want the course to end! Amanda was the best teacher and supporter. The location is fantastic, my classmates were the sweetest people and I can’t believe how much I learnt and how confident I became in just 2 weeks! Can’t recommend this school enough!
Thank you very much.... Ayda...
Truly enjoyed the process of learning and professionalism behind the scenes of makeup, and this wouldn’t be possible without my great teacher Amanda Linke, which made the lessons not only fun, but helped us all (8) in our 2 week class to pass with incredible marks! Thank you all for helping us achieve our qualified makeup artist role - and if you’re reading this review considering going here to study- just do it! #beapro
The London School of Make-up 5 star review on 17th January 2020
Thank you very much for the lovely review Rachel...
I think this was the best decision I’ve made so far by coming to The London school of makeup. We were a group of 8 girls who were simply so amazing and so friendly that we all actually felt comfortable with each other even though we were all from different countries and backgrounds and above all our mentor Amanda was the best we would ask for!! Though it was just a two weeks course we were all so emotional on the last day of the course... Gonna miss the fun we had at LSM and gonna miss everyone! The best make up school in the world xx loads of love ♥️
Thank you very much for the lovely review Aldrina...
I took the two week course at the London School of Makeup. It was amazing; starting with our instructor Amanda who was full of information and experience in the field. I really liked her style of teaching, sense of humor and spirit. The other aspect of the course that I loved is every student in the class was from another country. This gave diversity in age range, life experiences, different cultures, and different skin tones. We all got along and helped each other through the course. All in all it was a great experience and I would recommend this program to anyone who is interested in getting into the field of makeup.
Thank you very much for the lovely review Jessie
All in one school. Glad joined this amazing school, where every small detail was taken care of by talented artists of the industry. Experienced best time of life in a fun-filled environment. Best place for beginners as well as for experienced makeup artists.
Thank you very much for the lovely review Himani...
The London School of Make-up is rated 4.86 based on 157 reviews