Taylor & Co Architects Reviews

Read Taylor & Co Architects Reviews

01905 621600

Ivy House, Chapel Lane

Tell us how Taylor & Co Architects made you happy
We contacted a number of architects for our project , but chose Mike Taylor of Taylor & Co Architects . He quickly grasped what we wanted and adapted the plans as we crystallised our thoughts. He held our hand through planning and introduced us to a great local builder. The project will be amazing once completed.
We were very impressed with the quick responses that we had from Mike and his team even in the difficult times of the summer of 2020. He came to visit our property and came up with original design ideas that we had not thought of. Everything proceeded smoothly with no fuss and we were very pleased with the way that he took away all the hassle of applying for planning permission, obtaining structural engineer calculations, and getting the building regulations sorted. We would recommend Mike and his team.
Mike is professional and friendly and guided me -a novice, from start to finish, through the new territory of ‘building work’! His initial visit, discussion and sketches led smoothly to final plans and planning permission. He organised and managed the tendering process and the initial meetings with the builders- and, kept me informed throughout. Working with Mike, the process developed from being initially overwhelming to completely manageable and I am now enjoying my new space. I would certainly recommend Taylor and Co Architects
We decided to work with Mike Taylor on our project due to his experience. He quickly understood our requirements and suggested options, which were clearly set out. A quote was always sent in advance for our consideration at each stage. Our project was complex: a derelict Listed Building, with resident bats, structural weakness and a pond on site. Through his skill and expertise, he used design to overcome the problems with the building and secured approved planning permission, for a whole renovation, and two storey extension to the rear. Furthermore he and his team were always responsive and open with their communication, advice, guidance and actions throughout. Due to a sudden illness my husband was unable to participate and I took over his role. I could not have achieved the successful outcome - which will enable the building dating back 200 years to be saved - without their work and support. They are a great team to work with and it enjoyable experience throughout. Mary Cannon
We invited Mike to help us design our “forever” home -improvements and extensions to enable three generations to live together comfortably; separately and together. From his initial visit onwards, Mike listened and advised sympathetically and imaginatively, blending our ideas with his. He was knowledgable and professional with a personable and empathic approach. We have been delighted with our new home which exceeds all of our expectations. We would recommend Mike without hesitation.
We sought Mike Taylor's assistance in relation to a garden room extension to our barn. We wanted it to be modern, light and airy yet in keeping with the barn’s character. In early meetings with Mike he listened carefully to what we hoped to achieve and advised us as to options, including what would be most likely to get through planning. He did the drawings to our specification and managed the planning process for us, adapting the plans in response to objections from the conservation officer so that permission was granted without our having lost anything we wanted from the room. He then undertook the tendering process, finding a builder who did the work efficiently and to a high standard. Mike also gave us advice about materials which was invaluable. He was always available and happy to speak to us on the phone if we had a query throughout the process. We are delighted with our garden room – it is a fantastic addition to the barn and provides us with everything we wanted from it. We strongly recommend Taylor & Co.
Mike and Patrick did a fantastic job at designing and managing our house extension plans. The first meeting was really useful. Mike is really knowledgeable and gave me some ideas that I had not thought of, even though I had been planning it in my mind for a long time. Mike designed us a rear extension which projected out 6.5m and was the width of the house, plus a side extension. The side extension was Mike suggestion and although only 1.5m wide, allowed us to re layout downstairs which has massively improved the flow of the house. Mike and Patrick took all the hassle and stress out of the planning approval phase, organised building regs and other snags we had and even sorted out a land registry issue we had. They were always on hand to answer my questions which was essential. This was the first time I had applied for planning permission and I was glad I chose Taylors to carry out the task for me. They made the process very stress free. The team are efficient, extremely knowledgeable and the planning was agreed straight away on the first design, which was fantastic. The finished job has transformed our house. Once a small downstairs is now twice the size and the layout works much better than before. I would definitely recommend Mike and the team to anyone.
We asked Mike Taylor to design and do the drawings for an extension to our barn - a garden room which we wanted to be a modern, light and airy space as well as being in keeping with the character of the barn. We also wanted help with the planning process. In early meetings with Mike he listened to what we wanted from the room and advised as to the best options, including what was likely to get through planning. When we encountered some initial problems with planning he quickly adapted the design to ensure that we received planning permission, but without losing the benefits the room would give us. He then assisted us with the tendering process, finding a building company that did the work to a high standard. He was always available on the phone if we needed to speak to him. We are delighted with our garden room, which fulfils all that we wanted of it and is a great addition to our home. We highly recommend Taylor & Co.
I have known Mike and the team for around 6 years and have worked on various projects within the hospitality sector. Recently Mike has helped with visuals for a number garden schemes we are implementing which have enhanced our offerings no end. I highly recommend them.
Mike came round to give us an initial consultation on our house. He gave us a range of ideas as to how to maximise space in a way that would work for our family and budget. He not only considered our lives now but what we may need in the future. Extremely useful advice and ideas that we hadn't considered. Highly recommend.
When Mike initially visited our property pre renovation and redesign, we remained quiet and asked him for his ideas. Mike gave us lots of options and some really great design features that would help our home get the wow factor. His whole design to project management approach was well communicated and clear for us to plan the build. He continually contributed and helped us navigate the tricky world of tendering for builders and cost effectiveness. Although the cost was on first site slightly higher than our budget, the return on investment through Mikes guidance and expertise was superb. We would most definitely recommend Mike for his ideas and design and he has some good options around project management. We now have a home we are proud of, has gained value against the investment and is the home we always wanted. Mike was central to achieving that!
Mike and all the team have been fantastic to work with on our project. They listened, and then put our ideas onto paper with improvements and tweaks we’d have never thought of. We’d begun to think we were never going to move forward with our extension until we spoke to Mike, whose approach was a breath of fresh air after our first experience with another firm. We can’t wait to get our planning permission and start building!
Taylor & Co worked with and guided us through a renovation project at our office in Whittington. The service we received was first class from start to finish and every vision we had was made better by their expertise. Mike and his team were responsive, always well prepared and insightful in their advice when managing our project. We had many a meeting that was always met with positivity and a relaxed approach whilst still maintaining a high professional standard. Any issues were dealt with quickly and Mike and Co were always on hand to deal with any situation if needed. It was a pleasure to work with Mike and Co and we would not hesitate in highly recommending them. It was a shame when our project drew to a close as they had become one of the family! A must use for anyone looking for the perfect service.
I have worked with Taylor & Co on various projects to date and have always found them to be very professional and helpful in their approach. They have the ideas but are certainly willing to accept input from the Client. Mike and Patrick are a great Team and I would not hesitate to recommend them for any project.
I recommend Taylor & Co Architects. The whole team listen and are responsive. They make what can be overwhelming experience, clear and ensure my Listed complex project keeps moving forwards. They are professional and skilled, and best of all have a common sense approach. Always available to talk to, they have advised and supported me to progress my plans, despite my own personal life being turned upside down, they minimised the demands on myself and so have been fantastic team to work with. I am very thankful indeed.
I am working with Mike on a number of development opportunities and he is extremely knowledgeable about requirements for pre-planning and explains things in simple terms. His drawings are informative and clear and he is a truly nice professional guy. He also supports us on boundary queries, party wall issues and other areas and is the 'go to' contact if you need advice.
Working with Mike on a number of projects over the years we have always found his Drawings and information supplied detailed and he has a good clear rapport with both clients and contractors .
We have worked with Mike and Taylor & Co for many years now and found them to be extremely helpful with both interior design schemes and also specialist work such as Listed Buildings and Conservation.
We have recently use Mike and his firm for the first time at the Feathers Hotel, Ledbury. This has been extremely smooth and went very much according to plan. Mikes vision has been excellent and his expertise certainly showed. First class, professional service. We will be using Taylor & Co again.
Mr Taylor is a wonderful, empathetic man, who relieved our household from a stressful situation and came up with a fantastic resolution. He is running a portal of our planning application. For this, I highly recommend their services are excellent and their delivery and execution is of exellence.
Taylor & Co Architects is rated 5.00 based on 60 reviews