Taxdoctor.co.uk Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend Taxdoctor.co.uk
"Fantastic service from start to finish. My particular tax consultant filled out and submitted my tax forms within 48 hours - and in a swift, efficient and courteous manner. Thoroughly recommended."
"Simple and stress free. Would highly recommend Taxdoctor."
Humayun Rashid
Verified Buyer
"From start to finish Tax Doctor was fast, efficient, amazingly competent and responding to emails immediately even at weekends. At $99 ($149 for my wife and I) it has been the bargain of the century for me living in America and unable to do the online Self Assessment. We had a person called Guy - truly brilliant."
Vijay Kumar
Verified Buyer
"I had a great experience while working with taxdoctor and they have competent team and have in depth knowledge about filling of tax returns. Very fast response from team , usually get response within few minutes . Great Team and well done for filling my UK tax return so fast. Thanks team for all the good work."
Ross Cooper
Verified Buyer
"Very quick to respond (even on a Sunday!), once sent all my information through tax return was completed and submitted (after payment, which was incredibly easy to do online) within 48 hours of my first contact. All this along with some advice on my tax situation (expat)"
Paul Evans
Verified Buyer
"Taxdoctor have checked my accounts / figures for the last two year's tax returns and submitted my Tax Return - very quickly and for a much better price than I was paying to a local company for many years. A great saving and all very quick and easy."
"Service was great and the team was helpful in details I wouldn't even come across with!"
Camilla Cole
Verified Buyer
"Extremely efficient and brilliant value for money. What was causing me a lot of stress became the most effortless action because of Tax Doctor. I genuinely couldn't recommend them more highly."
"Guy Orsler could not have been more helpful when preparing my tax return. I had seen two tax experts before discovering Taxdoctor, and both times came out more confused than when I went in. In contrast, Guy was able to explain everything in clear terms and completed my return quickly. Could not be happier with the service."
Hazel Carey
Verified Buyer
"Taxdoctor has been great and they were very quick in allocating us our very own tax doctor, Guy. Guy has been very helpful and efficient at completing our tax return. He communicates effectively with us, initially by phone and followed up by emails, he is always friendly and happy to answer questions; he clearly explained everything we needed to send him in order for him to be able to complete our tax return. The price is very competitive which is one of the reasons we first looked into using them, as we are still a small business, this was great. Will definitely reccomend the compmany and will be using them again when the time comes :)"
"For a relatively inexpensive price i was able to get expert advice on my tax return, and after providing them with the information required, it allowed them to handle its submission to HMRC. Will definitely use again."
Mike Sweeney
Verified Reviewer
"At first I was incredibly impressed. I approached them with a bit of a mess on my hands and they were fast & efficient. I almost thought it was too good to be true, especially for the low price they charge. What ended up happening was this: initially I was told HMRC owed me £303. Then tax doctor advised I actually owed HMRC £303 and that they'd made a mistake. I paid their £99+VAT bill, they submitted my tax return. I was happy until I received a bill from HMRC for £550. Fortunately paying the bill wasn't a problem. I emailed tax doctor and asked them politely how I'd gotten a bill from HMRC that was so drastically different from what they'd worked out. I'd mentioned that if I was a bigger company that 81% increase (or 45% difference) could have meant incredible differences in monies owed. The guys at tax doctor NEVER replied to my email. Still to this day they've both just ignored me. No explanation. People like me hire people like them so that we don't have to do our tax returns. For this reason I don't find this level of inaccuracy acceptable and neither is the customer service (or lack of). For this reason I won't be recommending tax doctor to anyone I know. I know this company has a lot of positive reviews so either those are fake or perhaps I got unlucky."
Hi Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. I've just sent you an email about this. There is obviously an issue with the email address we had for you. We replied (twice) on the day you sent your query through in January. Obviously I can't go into detail here regarding the adjustment that HMRC have made but hopefully the email I've forwarded on this morning sheds some light on to how the adjustment wasn't due to anything we did (or didn't do).

We're really proud of the service we provide and of all our (very genuine) positive reviews.

It would be great to hear back from you when you get a chance.

Kind regards,

James
Managing Director.
Unfortunately despite several attempts to contact Mr Sweeney (both by email and phone, as well as leaving messages here) he hasn't responded to us. It's a shame that this review is a blotch on our perfect record, especially when it isn't fair.
"Everything was so efficient! Very impressed by how quickly everything was handled, in such a calm and friendly manner. Already told my friends how great this service is and definitely recommend it to anyone! It has taken a huge weight off my shoulders:) Many thanks!"
"Courteous and professional. Responsive to queries and comments and quickly compiled my tax return in no time at all."
Alison Boshoff
Verified Buyer
"Great, prompt, polite, thorough service at a really competitive price. I moved from a 'big name' accountancy firm two years ago and am so glad I did! They even helped me when I was struggling to certify my income for a mortgage which was above and beyond."
"I have been with James a good few years now. I would recommend his company to any one the tax doctor helps you with everything and gives you highly credible advice. To be honest this guy is exceptional . The only time I will change from the tax doctor is when I retire. All you people reading my comments about this company, Join him and you will be more then pleased with the work and help he does for all your accounts and advice he gives ."
"The service is quick and convenient. James is very responsive to email queries. I have never had any issues to date. Highly recommend."
"Very quick and easy service to use. James is always prompt to reply and his advice is invaluable. Would highly recommend his service."
"The tax doctor is quick efficient and is the ideal way to take care of your tax affairs. There is no fuss, no problems and everyone should use the tax doctor"
"I've been a client for 7 years. Says it all, really. Thanks, James."
Taxdoctor.co.uk is rated 4.92 based on 159 reviews