Screwfix Reviews

87% of reviewers recommend Screwfix

How would you rate Screwfix ?

"very efficient team at west Swindon store."
Adam Cook
"excellent customer service, superb products."
Daniel Lambert
"Easy pick ups, good prices ?"
Andy Borlace
"Very good customer service"
Martin O,Donovan
"Very happy with my purchase"
Benjamin Cham
"Cheap products at a good price. The app is very easy to use and I usually get a text within 2 minutes to say my order is ready for collection."
"Spent around £200 on an order to buy a Mitre Saw with a Mask Respirator and ear protectors. Mask and saw arrived in used condition with scratches and grease marks, I couldn't believe my eyes. They replaced the used equipment, but I had to pay for it again, or wait a week or so for the replacement. Replacement Mitre Saw was a used second hand tool again! They offered me store credit as a "goodwill gesture" if I keep it, which I did accept because I needed the tool to work with and I still got the warranty if something goes wrong. Still one might expect a brand new tool if pays for it. I tried to use the store credit over the phone as instructed for my next order, still paid full price for some reason. Haven't received the order for a week, had to call about it 4-5 times. I was assured that when I receive the order, I can get a partial refund for the amount of the store credit. I have received the order, contacted them about the partial refund, they refuse to give it to me because "the credit was a goodwill gesture". With so many things "gone wrong" repeatedly getting used equipment, store credit that cannot be used, etc. I can't help it but to think that I am a target of some kind of a scam. A4368753782 A4352697638 AR200044285 A4344693409 A4340124372"
Michael Maguire
"Very fast service and great quality products"
Billy Gray
"Purchased a sds drill from screwfix today staff are always helpful"
"Ordered from leyland branch, got confirmation text ready to collect, went to store, items not there. Emailed screwfix.com about problem didn't even get a reply."
"Having moved to a new property, we have found that the garden equipment we brought with us has run out of steam. I telephoned Screwfix and true to their word, all the new items ordered were collectable from their Uckfield Branch the next day, this consisted of a hedge cutter, a strimmer and an electric compressor - for the tyres on the ride-on mower. So just enough time for us to catch our breath and get back to the gardening!"
Marek Katona
"never let me down alway everthing what i need is in stock"
"We needed a means to lock a meter cupboard in our investment property, whilst still allowing easy access without a key. Due to the different levels involved with the door and door frame, we opted for a hasp and staple lock from Screwfix, which would allow for a combination padlock. The item was easily located, ordered online and collected within the hour. The staff was extremely helpful by allowing us to check the staple against the various sized padlocks they had in stock. Despite the item having good ratings on the website, we found that it was roughly finished around the edges and not as thick as others we have seen, it took some work with a file to deburr the edges and round off the corners. For this reason we have marked it down to "Good". However, we are very happy with the service provided by the Screwfix Camberley staff and will be buying from them again."
"Website is easy to use. Good value for money,"
Chris
"Great hardware availability and friendly well informed staff."
Local Electrician
Unverified Reviewer
"I am rating 1 Star due to recent repeat experiences. I have been to a Screwfix store 3 times in the last month and wanted to buy the cheapest lamp. A BC set of three lamps £0.99, not in stock. In fact I had to go through an entire list of lamps and got to a single lamp for nearly £4 before there was one in stock. This happened again for an SES lamp all the cheap ones were not in stock and after trying many of the cheaper ones only a single expensive lamp was in stock. Same thing happened today, I always need them short notice for jobs and end up paying well over the odds. This is either a cunning profit making scheme by Screwfix or they have extremely poor stock levels of the cheaper items every time I am visiting."
N HOLDER
"Convenient. Good stock levels. Returns of unused items always hassle free. Staff always happy to help."
"Some months ago I bought two LED light fittings, one of which I fitted immediately and the other I just got around to fitting, The second proved faulty. I took it back to their Romsey store to find that they no longer stock the item. They tried to locate one at a nearby store but without success. They then found the nearest equivalent (which was more expensive) and let me have it without additional charge. Great Service !"
"Very convenient and competitively priced"
Robert Jay
"Great service always is."
Screwfix is rated 4.39 based on 371 reviews