Screwfix Reviews

Screwfix have a Customer Happiness Grade of C. Customers love their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their returns process and refunds. Full Insights

87% of reviewers recommend Screwfix

How would you rate Screwfix ?

"Be warned if you buy a faulty potentially dangerous electrical product from screwfix they will not give you a refund if you do not have a receipt, even if it is new. I bought some dimmer switches, plate switches and plug sockets over a period of time for both my newly decorated bedroom and my daughters flat. Just had a dimmer switch fitted in my bedroom and it was faulty so I used one of the others which works fine. The faulty one is new, in the original box and has screwfix product code on the back but they are refusing to refund because I do not have the receipt. I have had numerous email exchanges with different members of their customer service team as no one person seems to take ownership for each complaint. They keep asking the same questions, receipt? Can’t find, A number from invoice? Not registered, card statement? paid cash. I am always buying things in screwfix and not that they will be bothered as they have poor customer service, I won’t be buying anything else from them again, nor will anyone else in the family. There is a toolstation right next door to the one I go in so will just shop in there instead."
"Good selection of products and very good if things go wrong"
"great customer service and a very fast and effective click and collect service,"
"They have a large choice of items are always local and item choice include basic to professional to suit all pockets"
"Quality products at excellent prices. If you know what you need, you can get it at screwfix at the beat price normally. Thier range can be limited with regarda to design but the function and durability of most things in their range is good."
"There stores are all ways round the corner from every where I work there prices are reasonable and always got a good tang of tools."
"Good service"
"Excellent service and happy staff"
"very efficient team at west Swindon store."
"excellent customer service, superb products."
"Easy pick ups, good prices ?"
"Very good customer service"
"Very happy with my purchase"
"Cheap products at a good price. The app is very easy to use and I usually get a text within 2 minutes to say my order is ready for collection."
"Spent around £200 on an order to buy a Mitre Saw with a Mask Respirator and ear protectors. Mask and saw arrived in used condition with scratches and grease marks, I couldn't believe my eyes. They replaced the used equipment, but I had to pay for it again, or wait a week or so for the replacement. Replacement Mitre Saw was a used second hand tool again! They offered me store credit as a "goodwill gesture" if I keep it, which I did accept because I needed the tool to work with and I still got the warranty if something goes wrong. Still one might expect a brand new tool if pays for it. I tried to use the store credit over the phone as instructed for my next order, still paid full price for some reason. Haven't received the order for a week, had to call about it 4-5 times. I was assured that when I receive the order, I can get a partial refund for the amount of the store credit. I have received the order, contacted them about the partial refund, they refuse to give it to me because "the credit was a goodwill gesture". With so many things "gone wrong" repeatedly getting used equipment, store credit that cannot be used, etc. I can't help it but to think that I am a target of some kind of a scam. A4368753782 A4352697638 AR200044285 A4344693409 A4340124372"
"Very fast service and great quality products"
"Purchased a sds drill from screwfix today staff are always helpful"
"Ordered from leyland branch, got confirmation text ready to collect, went to store, items not there. Emailed screwfix.com about problem didn't even get a reply."
"Having moved to a new property, we have found that the garden equipment we brought with us has run out of steam. I telephoned Screwfix and true to their word, all the new items ordered were collectable from their Uckfield Branch the next day, this consisted of a hedge cutter, a strimmer and an electric compressor - for the tyres on the ride-on mower. So just enough time for us to catch our breath and get back to the gardening!"
Screwfix is rated 4.39 based on 380 reviews