Screwfix Reviews

86% of reviewers recommend Screwfix

How would you rate Screwfix?

336 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Screwfix in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Your returns policy I bought a 4 way dimmer switch costing over £75.00, when my electrician installed it he found that it was incompatible with my LEDs. When I tried to return it the man in the store said that the plastic bag was torn so he couldn’t resell it. I pointed out that the bag was sealed so how could I test it without damaging the sealed bag. You have your very own get out clause in your returns policy because you supply expensive goods in cheap unresealable plastic bags."
Steve Deans
"Great range of products , Helpful staff, and the stores are always open"
Andrew Yair
"Great prices and no trudging round a massive superstore looking for things!"
Dean Irwin
"Fast delivery..reasonable prices and rxtensive stock"
Ms Harris
"Prompt service, friendly efficient sales person, goods were ready for collection sooner than advised."
JOSEPH FLYNN
"Friendly professional staff and quick service ,plus I happen to know they treat their staff better than most,so I’m always going to plumb for a company that gets it right."
Karl Saunders
"Easy to order online or in-store. Staff are always insanely polite and friendly. Highly recommended."
Matthew Tancock
"Placed an order in the evening, and my order was ready to collect from my selected branch the next morning."
Charlie Dunphy
"Recently bought some tools from screwfix and found the service great, easy online ordering & payment and very fast delivery 10 out of 10"
"taunton staff brilliant,priorsedwood,bought a mower thurs 4 April,18,v helpful happy and smiling all the time. went home with a smile too. 10/10 for customer service.will go back, the 3 girls that helped me are a credit to your company. mike."
Nairn Mcintyre
"Great online and physical store. Staff are great and they offer a fantastic next day click and collect service."
John Sherwood
"I buy frequently all sorts of tools, materials, fixings, screws etc. They're my first port of call for any such products. Prices are very competitive unless its a very specialist item like castors or special hardware / door furniture, in which case I go the Marches or Ross Castors. They are just round the corner from me to click and collect and their service time is usually five minutes from a web order to it being ready to collect. Good parking, staff are well trained, knowledgable and helpful. Employer of women as well as men behind the counter - overcoming the old style builder merchants types that think they are superior to the retail customer. Pleasant experience to visit for a collection. Open all hours. They are what I would term as a new breed of builder's merchant - service oriented and customer oriented. Great place to do business and such a comprehensive catalogue they supply most of my needs. The web site is the best I've seen in retail web business - easy to use and efficient way to find and buy what I want. Long live Screwfix. (Hove Branch)"
Anne Stoton
"I bought my shower cubicle and tray as a package deal and it arrived with prior notice and in excellent condition - my son was able to assemble and install with ease"
Mr Roger Smith
"Easy to deal with & click & collect saves time."
Shane Foster
"Used their click and collect service but when my wife went to collect my things 12 hours later, they told her she would need to return the NEXT day to get them, I rang customer service who then rang the actual store and then the store blamed my wife for not having the correct credit card-they never even asked her for the credit card! I ended up making another special journey to the store who then told me the same thing about the credit card-this is the worst service I have received in 25 years of using Screwfix. Maybe time to start using one of their competitors."
Martin Travers
"Good service friendly staff."
"THANKYOU SCREWFIX FOR A SHEER WASTE OF MY TIME !! Purchased a Makita DCL 180Z 18V Li-lon LXT Cordless vacuum cleaner £35.00 Got it home to discover it did not include a battery. If I wanted to include the battery in order for it to actually function, I would have to spend an extra £79.00. It does not clearly state on the box that it does not come with a battery. So, it's like buying a car to discover that it does not include the engine. I took it back and got a refund. What a sheer waste of time."
Chris
"Ordered materials for click and collect and received a free football. Now my son and I can go for a kick around after school. Excellent."
Nathan James
"The website is very simple and clear. And screwfix offer free delivery to where we live which is great. We live the aouter Hebrides, So often there is a delivery charge. So to offer free delivery was a real bonus."
Lindsey Carr
"staff helpful a good working knowledge of their products efficient service"
Screwfix is rated 4.39 based on 336 reviews