Repaircare Reviews

3% of reviewers recommend Repaircare

Connect House, Talbot Way, Small Heath

Category:
Home Appliances

How would you rate Repaircare?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

97 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Trevor Coomber

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Repaircare in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Trevor Coomber
Verified Reviewer
"Never came back ,after the engineer come out to check to if l had correctly diagnosed the fault with our washer/dryer on the 8 January on the job it said he also came on the 9 Which he didn’t !! On his visit he said he would order the parts which were needed which where the bearings as l correctly diagnosed"
John Jeffery
Verified Reviewer
"the engineer visited to diagnose the fault a part was ordered Another engineer visited and fitted the part - problem solved We were kept advised of the situation at all times Engineer visit between 1 and 3 pm - turned up at 1.30 PM I have read many bad reviews but our experience was very good"
"I had a washing machine repaired for £119:00. The same fault occurred only 10 days outside of the 90 day warranty and they wanted another fee to repair it. I won't be using them again,"
Disgruntled User
Verified Reviewer
"Do not call - you'll be charged a premium rate call for a 'no-obligation' quote. Hardly no obligation when you have to pay. Three visits to fix a cooker and still not fixed."
"after 3 visits from the engineer and almost 2 months, the part has not yet arrived and repair not completed. a waste of time"
D. M. Hilditch
Verified Reviewer
"I booked a date for the engineer to come out but having stayed in all day needless to say nobody turned up. By this time I had read the reviews and was a little alarmed about the situation. Phoning the company on the following morning did not fill me with confidence about getting my money back, however the money was put into my account three days later. I cannot recommend this company and hope that people read these reviews before contacting them."
"Persisted with their problem-solving efforts even though it was complex and required a large number of parts to be ordered. I was never asked to pay extra even though I can imagine the parts collectively would have cost more than the fixed fee I paid in the beginning."
A Very Unsatisfied Customer (or Just The Usual For This Firm)
Verified Reviewer
"Repaircare came out to look at my tumble dryer, I paid for the call out then the insurance each month to cover the appliance. When the engineer came out he said it was an expensive part and would need to be ordered. A week later we got a text to say our job was cancelled, so I called up the customer service team who went on to tell me that the part was to expensive and they would not fix the appliance ? The tumble dryer is only two years old,Isn't that the point of taking out an insurance policy that you take the ruff with the smooth ? Apparently not with this firm they just want to make a quick buck on an inflated call out fee but will not fix your appliance if this may end up costing them ! DO NOT USE THIS FIRM !"
"The price was OK but to book, I couldn't get an answer on the phone on multiple tries so booked and paid on line this should have been taken as a warning. I was then contacted by a local repair company who came and fitted a pump to our Siemens dishwasher, they were really good. 2 months later the same fault code came up. Couldn't get an answer at repaircare again so called the local agent who fitted the pump and they got authorisation to fit another pump and did so. The same fault then occurred 3 months later This time the local agent said I must call repaircare. On the 8th time of trying, 10 minute ring each time, I let the phone ring for 12 minutes and someone answered. After being pushed around a bit I was told I had to pay the full price for another repair. This I told them was unsatisfactory and not good customer service. I then got a whole load of spieal which was effectively a shrug of the shoulders and I was told I should try elsewhere. My advice to the buying public is not to use repaircare, to fit your own parts as I have done in the past buy them from somewhere like espares. That is what I am now in the process of doing. My advice to repaircare is change your name to repairdon'tcare or employ more telephone staff and start caring."
"I recently had a RepairCare engineer visit to repair a faulty dishwasher. Whilst the engineer was very professional and resolved the problem promptly and efficiently, some damage occurred which only came to light after the engineer had departed. I contacted the company and they duly sent the same engineer back to investigate. He found that the kickboard was fouling on the dishwasher door causing damage to the front panel. He didn't think that he had move it when conducting the initial repair but admitted that's he couldn't be sure. RepairCare have refused to consider it their responsibility despite the damage occurring the first time it was used after their engineer had visited. Not impressed and not recommended"
Repaircare Job 4079299
Unverified Reviewer
"Job was booked for five days time as it was the first day I could get off work. I called Repaircare the day before and they told me the engineer would call me before 9:30am on the day of the booking to give an approximate arrival time. No-one called me so I rang the help lne number only to be told that the repair had been cancelled. Wasted a day off. No apology given. Still waiting for the refund. NOT RECOMMENED"
"i have been waiting 12 weeks now for the job to be completed. They are unreliable, inefficient and incompetent . Kept trying to fob me off with with excuses like "the engineer couldn't find your house" or "they attended and nobody was in " "they left a note saying could not get in to the property" - all rubbish I have never had a note left and have been in all day on all of the 5 appointments that have supposedly been made !!!! - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY KEEP WELL CLEAR IT WILL END IN TEARS"
Nick Jefferies
"Had them in to replace the clock on our Rangemaster cooker. Paid a flat fee of £175 and after a short time it went wrong - could not set the time. Slow to answer the phone so several attempts and when I did get through they booked an engineer call which never happened. So I called them again to be told that the visit had been cancelled because by the time I'd got through to them I was outside a 90-day warranty period. Nobody had contacted me with this. And if I wanted them to come out now it would cost another £175. Not happy!"
Disgruntled Ex Customer
Verified Reviewer
"I want to give a zero star review but cannot. Engineer failed to on the day. Engineer failed to phone to say he wasn't turning up. Company failed to follow up on my call promising to track down my engineer. However the company did bill me for a repair that it never carried out. I think we call that fraud! Be warned, do not consider using this company."
"Do not use this company, the whole experience was appalling and customer service shocking! Just as I was re-doing my kitchen the dishwasher broke, the only appliance I had not replaced. An engineer visited twice, first time to assess with no issues, second time the dishwasher was not put back properly (it was 1st time round) and damaged was done to brand new plynths. Asked numerous times for a manager to come back to me, and in the end basically it was all blamed on me and as I had 'no proof of pin head damage', actually the damage was bigger than that. So Repaircare had been paid, their contractor had been paid and it cost me the dishwasher repair and the cost to fix what they did! Customers are definitely not this company's priority."
"wasn't even fixed properly was here for 14 minutes, spent 120 on a 14 minute job that i had to go back over because the guy couldnt be bothered to do his job properly. Not happy with this at all was a waste of my time and my money. if i spend time and money researching how to get it repaired i do not expect to then have to go back over it again so it will actually work, i dont get paid to fix it and i didnt want to pay to have my time wasted."
"Unbelievably bad service So. After three visits from an engineer who kept on ordering the wrong parts over three months. £20 spent on calls trying to contact Repaircare because they have a premium rate phoneline. Then finally they state I had been visited by an engineer who decided the cooker was un-mendable. . . when I KNOW the spares are available (I checked online). Plus they LIED as the engineer did not visit on the date they stated, because were actually on holiday at the time! The parts needed are a) a thermostat and b) an element. The costs are well within the £139 I paid for the repair. . . so it IS economical to repair it. A total shambles from end to end and I STILL can't even get a refund because every time I call I cannot get through, even after waiting for over 30 mins on a premium line and two emails asking for a resolution. Avoid, avoid, AVOID! I'd say, use a local repair person instead who at least might care about their customers."
"Firstly they did not turn up on day said, rang at about 10.00 that day to say they had not ordered the parts (even though i had booked it 3 weeks prior), i tried to call but they never answer the phone. 10 days later engineer calls to ask if can do "Now" fortunately i was home that day - turns up fixes 4 out of the 5 small fixes however the biggest problem - my oven door front glass panel had slippped - they had ordered the wrong panel !!!! said would be back in 3 - 4 days with the correct one - Not seen since - we are now 3 weeks later, i get a call from the office saying that i have booked a new job to be done (i think they were about to ask for a payment) i told them that the orig. job has not been completed - said would investigate and come straight back to me ........ That was 2 hours ago - I am afraid i do not have anything good to say about this company."
Andy Pearson
Verified Reviewer
"advertising fixed price repair for dishwasher , guy turns up , needs heating element then goes , no further contact until I phone to see whats happening , girl said parts to expensive so they wont bother fixing it , still not seen money back into my account !! now going to find a reliable local guy to fix it ."
"It did not entirely - repair OK but cost extortionate and no response when i asked for breakdown"
Repaircare is rated 1.21 based on 97 reviews