Repaircare Reviews

Repaircare have a Customer Happiness Grade of D. Customers are happy with their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

3% of reviewers recommend Repaircare

Connect House, Talbot Way, Small Heath

Category:
Home Appliances

How would you rate Repaircare ?

"Very poor customer service. They took £140 up front, turned up and said they didn't have the part but would order it, then disappeared for a week. When I chased them for an update it turned out the part was obsolete so they'd closed the case - without seeing fit to let me know, or refund me (a refund has now been promised). I have now, with help from Rangemaster, bought the part online for £13 and have been told how to fit it myself, so all's well that ends well. I would never recommend them to anyone."
"Totally appalling service. Don't call customer before hand or respect for elderly customers with language barriers. Won't complete your job if you don't provide parking and rude manager. Please don't buy this cover or knowhow as they use this shit company. Waste of money."
"Truly shocking experience. I have been waiting for a part since early April. I have had no communication from repaircare other than occasional anonymous texts changing the date that the part apparently will come into stock. I have had 6 dates come and go and have been left with only one ring on my hob for all of this time. Not a single apology at any time. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY"
"Booked for freezer repair , engineer arrived said needed spares and left without giving any information or time scale. Company dose not reply to emails ,looks like a scam. I suspect if it's simply they will fix it but if expensive part and not quick to change there policy is to say awaiting spares, then when you get fed up and cancel they can charge you admin charge."
"No fix, no fee! Is this company's slogan. They came out to fix my fridge freezer but managed to find loopholes so as not to do it and still charged me £45 call out charge. Fridge freezer still broken and they have no intention of fixing it and I had to chase for an update. Avoid at all costs, these people are just out to profiteer from appalling customer service and broken promises."
"Panasonic Fridge Freezer. Repaircare cost for visit £221.00 Service Engineer attended said that the fan had frozen because the fridge door had probably been left open. I was not at home otherwise I would have told him that this was impossible due to the noise level and annoyance level of the alarm when the door is left open for more than 2 minutes. We turned off the fridge for the 36 hours to allow the fan to defrost. turned it back on to find that the fridge is still not working. Dreadful service -"
"Poor service"
"There prices were outrageous! I could have bought a new dishwasher for half of the bill for them to just to come for a service call. It did not even run once correctly. Do not use this company!! Terrible rip off!!!!!"
"DONT USE THIS COMPANY!!! My experience of this Company is that they reel you in with a set repair price which is very competitive. An engineer is sent out, usually a week after you have reported the problem! If there are too many parts and they are stacking in price, they tell you that the parts are obsolete. I researched the parts for my washing machine and they were definitely not obsolete and they could have been delivered the following day. Not an honest Company and not one I will EVER use again or recommend."
"I ordered a repair to my son's washing machine on Saturday 13th April. Repaircare said the repair would be carried out on Wenesday 18th April. I believed this to be a reasonable waiting time and ordered the repair. Yesterday (Monday) I received an email from the appointed repairer who changed the repair date to 23rd April. I regard this inconvenience as unacceptable and I would not have ordered the repair had I been given 23rd April in the first place. Despite two phone complaints the repair date is still 23rd April. Additionally Repaircare's job tracking site https://www.repaircare.co.uk/repair/your-repair stated "A visit was arranged for 18/04/2018 but you rescheduled." This is ENTIRELY UNTRUE. Repaircare rescheduled when the discovered they could not meet their obligation to carry out the repair on 18th April."
"Repaircare is the worst company I have ever encountered. Microwave: 7 months and 4 visits just to change the appliance with a new one which from day 1 was what the engineer told me that should have been done. Oven: almost two months. - still not fixed. 3 visits. constantly claiming that will update but never providing any information regarding the progress. Would not suggest to anyone working with these guys. Especially professionals/companies *BEWARE* They will ruin your reputation if linked with your name. I m never buying a Baumatic again just because I know they are working with them."
"'Repaircare' couldn't care less... use at your peril! ***UTTERLY APPALLING SERVICE*** Paid and booked 'Repaircare' to repair my Dyson vacuum cleaner. The invoice CLEARLY states that an engineer will arrive and carry out repairs on the cleaner on the specified day. it does NOT state that a courier will collect the cleaner and it will be taken away. It also does NOT state that because I have no box to send it back in (I didn't know I was sending it back...!) that a courier will arrive with a box, then leave because they won't wait the 2 MINUTES for me to seal the box, and then I will have to wait for a FURTHER courier to arrive on ANOTHER specified day, to collect the boxed-up faulty vacuum. So I am expected to take FOUR days off work... DAY ONE to wait for an non-existent engineer to turn up, DAY TWO to wait in for a box to arrive, DAY THREE to wait for the courier to collect the box + vacuum, and then (hopefully) DAY FOUR to await the arrival of (again HOPEFULLY...) a working vacuum. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! This company AND their Courier company are an absolute JOKE!"
"Repaircare and the Engineers used are extremely unreliable and dishonest. They have reported I changed appointments (when they did), I called several times to the company appointed and re-arranged, when they arrived they stayed 10 minutes only to report to my son I had miss-informed them on the problem with the appliance (I am not an Engineer and reported factual information regarding what I observed). I did not receive a call or update and had to chase the appointed company who informed me they would not continue with the job. I called Repaircare who were unhelpful and told me I had not told them all the issues with the fault and would not take the repair further, I asked for a call back from a Manager as I did not want the miss-informed report to be a reflection on me, I was told 24 hours, I called again after 48 and still unable to speak to somebody. I called again today another 48 hours later and was told they could not get the information from the manufacturer and therefore they cannot do the job and I should not worry as they have refunded my money; it should arrive in 3-5 working days, they said they should have called to tell me but didn't. This is a very poor service and if possible I wouldn't rate with 1 star but there is no option for that, similarly to the fact I have to wait so long for my money. In the meantime I have had the repair completed with an alternative company for £18 more than the £141 they charged."
"Our fridge stopped working so we booked a Repaircare man to come round and fix it for a £135 flat rate fee. He duly came and diagnosed the fault which meant ordering a part. Two days later I checked the order status online and it stated that the repair man had come out twice but could not repair the fridge and the order had been closed. I phoned up and spoke to a very disinterested 'computer says no' type of call handler who said they weren't interested in fixing it as the replacement part costs too much. I am even fine with this but no one thought to let me know so we have been sitting here waiting for a repair whilst living out of coolboxes. VERY frustrating and unprofessional to deal with."
"I called and told this company exactly what part was needed, they said it would be no issue. They came out, confirmed the part that I said, said they would order it. The after a MONTH. A BLOODY MONTH they tell me, the part costs more then they are willing to pay. When I pointed out they advertise, ALL PARTS INCLUDED they said, well AFTER you booked we send you some terms and conditions that say we will only spend £250 on your parts. So that whole, all parts included thing? Utter lies. And something they don't tell you till after you hand over your card details. They don't ever call you back, they don't follow you up with details, the consultants lie to you, the one I just spoke to claimed that telling customers about that spending limit would be "too much effort" Waste of time company, full of liars and con artists."
"engineer called out to repair rangemaster cooker ,had no idea what he was doing, very dangerous had to pay up front they did not ring back asked the engineer to leave as i could see he did not know what he was doing. so still faulty and have wasted £175 . very angree on no account use these people."
"Avoid at all costs. This is simply a way of charging you £45 to visit your home with no intention of making a repair. So do not risk it."
"Never came back ,after the engineer come out to check to if l had correctly diagnosed the fault with our washer/dryer on the 8 January on the job it said he also came on the 9 Which he didn’t !! On his visit he said he would order the parts which were needed which where the bearings as l correctly diagnosed"
"the engineer visited to diagnose the fault a part was ordered Another engineer visited and fitted the part - problem solved We were kept advised of the situation at all times Engineer visit between 1 and 3 pm - turned up at 1.30 PM I have read many bad reviews but our experience was very good"
"I had a washing machine repaired for £119:00. The same fault occurred only 10 days outside of the 90 day warranty and they wanted another fee to repair it. I won't be using them again,"
Repaircare is rated 1.18 based on 114 reviews