Repaircare Reviews

Repaircare have a Customer Happiness Grade of D. Customers are happy with their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

3% of reviewers recommend Repaircare
8PM
8PM

Connect House, Talbot Way, Small Heath

Category:
Home Appliances

Telephone

How would you rate Repaircare?

"Was given Repaircare as a company to repair my wine cooler,when they text me a date which was not convenient I tried contacting them on the number supplied. Was on the phone waiting for 16 minutes after being advised of a 3 minute waiting time. Never managed to speak to anyone but I did get a £9 phone bill for my trouble,after reading the reviews I think I have been lucky not having them come to my home. This company exploit the consumer. Don’t used them"
Are you Repaircare? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Repaircare receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Now
"I paid in advance. Washing machine could not complete the cycle. Engineer Visited 4 times and more than month and problem is still not resolved. Repair care is saying now error code changed and asking to pay again even if original fault of not completing cycle is not resolved. made more than 20 plus calls. Escalated to manager, manager just cancelled the call. I would not recommend them to anybody. Wasted money. Do not ever go to repaircare ."
"Visit rescheduled to earlier date at Repaircare agent request (as they were in the vicinity). Engineer from E & S Services (Dar) Ltd turned up but not familiar with our cooker model. Partial repair attempted (which has not solved the problem) then engineer left - advising that a part was needed and that it would be ordered and fitted (with a phone call promised to advise on progress / fix a revisit in next couple of days). The promised call has not been received. Subsequently received a text from "FreeMsg" advising that part of repair cost is being refunded "due to no repair of appliance". Contact email address provided in the text but, when attempting to mail, comes up as "undeliverable". E & S Services phone is apparently "switched off" when trying to ring them. Our appliance has not been fixed to our satisfaction but job shows as complete on Repaircare site. Have logged on to Repaircare site requesting contact and this is awaited (given other reviewers comments I'm not holding my breath). No fix no fee obviously should mean full refund but Repaircare have not done this. Will pursue but, like others, would not recomment using this company. Suggest people contact their credit card issuer to "charge back" the Repaircare bill (quoting Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act) as contracted service not supplied. Repaircare will then have to work with your card issuer to try and get their money."
"Complete con. Paid £185 on the promise that it included all parts. When they came and had a look they then said that the part it needed was too expensive so would not be repaired !! Don't go near these people, it is a complete con job."
"I am having the same problem as everyone else below. Two months after first logging the fault, and them taking my money, I still have no fix nor sign of the fix for a minor repair to my fridge. Two months later, after 5 visits the excuses are familiar - sick, problem with their bike, wrong part arrived, incomplete part arrived. Each time they cannot give me a definite time slot so I waste another day. Who can afford 5 days waiting at home for a small repair...?"
"very poor - after more than 6 week and numerous calls, they still hadn't mended my appliance. they kept saying parts on back order. i got fed up and called the manufacture directly to find the parts were in stock. i have cancelled Repaircare and asked for a full refund. and ordered the parts directly and cheaper. i will get a local fitter to fit."
"i have been trying to get my wine chiller fixed for over 6 weeks and i keep getting the run around. the part is apparently out of stock, however i phone the manufacturer directly to be told they have 5 in stock. they believe their system not the manufacturer, but i asked them to call the manufacturer and call me back - no call back - i am not impressed - i will now ask for a full refund and compensation for my time and phone calls. and instruct a firm to come out and fix it directly. avoid this company."
"Their local agents were really helpful, texted us before the appointment with a two hour window, followed by the engineer confirming his estimated time of arrival - he was 10 minutes late due to unforeseen traffic. The engineer was polite, and fixed both the issue we had reported along with a couple of others he spotted, all within the fee charged. While others have obviously had poor experiences I wanted to show that it can be good news"
"Gave me a date for repair of my oven but cancelled without informing me. Don’t use their 0844 helpline. I waited 12 then 15 mins to get through, which cost me £31."
"Awful communication, awful service, impossible to get a straight answer about why the engineer didn’t turn up when he said he would, never called me back when they said they would. The list of complaints is endless. Avoid these people at all costs!"
"Very poor customer service. They took £140 up front, turned up and said they didn't have the part but would order it, then disappeared for a week. When I chased them for an update it turned out the part was obsolete so they'd closed the case - without seeing fit to let me know, or refund me (a refund has now been promised). I have now, with help from Rangemaster, bought the part online for £13 and have been told how to fit it myself, so all's well that ends well. I would never recommend them to anyone."
"Totally appalling service. Don't call customer before hand or respect for elderly customers with language barriers. Won't complete your job if you don't provide parking and rude manager. Please don't buy this cover or knowhow as they use this shit company. Waste of money."
"Truly shocking experience. I have been waiting for a part since early April. I have had no communication from repaircare other than occasional anonymous texts changing the date that the part apparently will come into stock. I have had 6 dates come and go and have been left with only one ring on my hob for all of this time. Not a single apology at any time. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY"
"Booked for freezer repair , engineer arrived said needed spares and left without giving any information or time scale. Company dose not reply to emails ,looks like a scam. I suspect if it's simply they will fix it but if expensive part and not quick to change there policy is to say awaiting spares, then when you get fed up and cancel they can charge you admin charge."
"No fix, no fee! Is this company's slogan. They came out to fix my fridge freezer but managed to find loopholes so as not to do it and still charged me £45 call out charge. Fridge freezer still broken and they have no intention of fixing it and I had to chase for an update. Avoid at all costs, these people are just out to profiteer from appalling customer service and broken promises."
"Panasonic Fridge Freezer. Repaircare cost for visit £221.00 Service Engineer attended said that the fan had frozen because the fridge door had probably been left open. I was not at home otherwise I would have told him that this was impossible due to the noise level and annoyance level of the alarm when the door is left open for more than 2 minutes. We turned off the fridge for the 36 hours to allow the fan to defrost. turned it back on to find that the fridge is still not working. Dreadful service -"
"Poor service"
"There prices were outrageous! I could have bought a new dishwasher for half of the bill for them to just to come for a service call. It did not even run once correctly. Do not use this company!! Terrible rip off!!!!!"
"DONT USE THIS COMPANY!!! My experience of this Company is that they reel you in with a set repair price which is very competitive. An engineer is sent out, usually a week after you have reported the problem! If there are too many parts and they are stacking in price, they tell you that the parts are obsolete. I researched the parts for my washing machine and they were definitely not obsolete and they could have been delivered the following day. Not an honest Company and not one I will EVER use again or recommend."
"I ordered a repair to my son's washing machine on Saturday 13th April. Repaircare said the repair would be carried out on Wenesday 18th April. I believed this to be a reasonable waiting time and ordered the repair. Yesterday (Monday) I received an email from the appointed repairer who changed the repair date to 23rd April. I regard this inconvenience as unacceptable and I would not have ordered the repair had I been given 23rd April in the first place. Despite two phone complaints the repair date is still 23rd April. Additionally Repaircare's job tracking site https://www.repaircare.co.uk/repair/your-repair stated "A visit was arranged for 18/04/2018 but you rescheduled." This is ENTIRELY UNTRUE. Repaircare rescheduled when the discovered they could not meet their obligation to carry out the repair on 18th April."
Repaircare is rated 1.19 based on 124 reviews