Pest Defence Ltd Reviews

4.9
Based on 121 reviews
Telephone

Tell us how Pest Defence Ltd made you happy
We had a problem with swarms of flies in our house , after contacting pest defence Andrew Lock discovered vermin had died in our drain and decomposed causing the problem, after investigating and baiting two drains he returned weekly to check and re bait ,we haven’t had the problem since. Fabulous service, and a nice man who deals with the problem professionally. Would not hesitate to recommend Andrew or his company again 5Star service Thanks .
Excellent service, by knowledgeable, friendly, helpful staff. I tried other pest controllers before who couldn't get rid of my squirrel infestation and seemed more interested in upselling other options/repeat visits to me without actually getting rid of the problem for me. Trevor & Ben did the job for the fee they quoted- it took a while but they always turned up cheerfully and promptly; they offered expert guidance on what we needed to do and kept up their side of the bargain by catching all the squirrels until they were all gone. I've already recommended them to friends and family and although I hope I never have cause to call them in again if we do have a pest control problem of any sort in the future I know who I will be calling.
Great service . Helpful and efficient
Contacted 3 companies when I saw a rat in the garden. Left 3 messages and within half an hour Pest defence had returned my call and listened to my message. From there on in I can honestly say, this has been 5 star service. Professional, on time, did what they said they would do and more and above all Andy Lock their representative was a quite frankly brilliant, affable and a really nice man. Will have them back at the drop of a hat. Thank you Andy and Team
Charles came over to release a pigeon that had fallen into our chimney and was stuck in the fireplace. He was quick, professional, took the necessary safety precautions and released the bird without any harm. Very grateful and would definitely recommend their services!
Brilliant & inteligent too. guy knew exactly what the infestation was , very clever & helpful ,many thanks
We phoned and booked Pest Defence after finding both Flea bites and Fleas in our house which had been brought in from the garden on or clothes. Roger came along as arranged and began by asking questions (we had no pets) he gave us lots of useful information regarding Flea infestation and confirmed that we did not need to have our home sprayed as there was no “host animal” present and that any Fleas still present (probably Bird fleas not Foxes) would not be able to breed, without a host. Any Fleas remaining would naturally die off shortly “humans are not a host”; given the above our house was not sprayed. I asked Roger what was the cost for his visit and advice, to which he replied “No charge” for his time and knowledge/advice. Many Thanks, Roger, for your time and expert advice, we are both so grateful to you and your Company for all your help and expertise, regarding this worrying situation, which I have not had to face before. We would both thoroughly recommend Pest Defence to anyone who finds themselves in this situation, best wishes Tony and Karen.
Excellent service. Roger phoned pretty much immediately to discuss the problem I had emailed through. He gave sound advice on what we could do ourselves to rid our chimney of flies caused by a dead bird and reassured us that someone would come out to help if the problem persisted. He was pleasant, friendly and very obviously knew his job. I would 100% recommend this company and would definitely contact them again should another problem arise.
I had a squirrel in the loft efficiently dispatched by Joe who was very good throughout. However my experience of Pest Defence was marred by poor customer service. I needed a receipt for my cheque to support my insurance claim but despite several phone calls and e-mails and promises I never did get that receipt. Fortunately my insurers accepted a scan of my bank statement but not ideal.
Phoned for advice re bees getting into a hole in the wall of my house. Received very clear advice and this was confirmed when the bees moved away, no need for physical action.
Had a few unidentified and uninvited guests in our loft so I called around for a few quotes. Although Charles from Pest Defence was not the first person I spoke to, or indeed, the cheapest, he won our business by being informative, polite, and helpful from the get-go. He visited us three times, and based on our description, first thinking our guests may be squirrels (putting down traps), then when these were unsuccessful, aiming for mice (putting down poison), he managed to rid us of whatever the source of the noise was. He was courteous and helpful in every single one of our interactions, kept to the agreed times, was flexible, took great care when carrying out his job. The service Charles provided, especially with the added complication of a country-wide lockdown being in place during this period, was excellent. While I hope I will never have to see another pest control professional in my life, and I do mean this in the nicest possible way, if I did have a need for one, I would opt for Pest Defence again!
We recently called out Pest Defence to eliminate our bird mite infestation. During these unprecedented times Kevin from the Chelmsford branch delivered on every level to help us eradicate the problem quickly and stress free. Thank you so much Kevin for doing such a fantastic job and for going the extra mile to help us!
Very responsive company.....I have been using them for a few years now and have always found them to be reliable and diligent. Not sure what I would have done about the rats around my chicken coop if they had not helped me. I have already recommended their services to my parents who are now equally as happy.
Phoned for help re mice. Sam came & was very efficient & helpful. He listened to what we had to say & immediately 'set to' sorting the problem out. Communication was superb. Sam had a great sense of humour, an extremely polite young man. Would thoroughly recommend this company to anyone that has a problem. Superb. Thank you.
Our problem was confirmed as birds attempting to nest in roof area ,after a thorough survey. Subsequently dealt with in a professional and efficient manner . Inspired confidence and therefore highly recommended. Robin Childs, West Mersea
Ant infestation, called up and arranged an appointment. Joe arrived on time, listened to what I had to say, then poked around for a bit to try and locate the nest. This wasn't possible given the absence of visible ants so he recommended calling a builder to address the structural problems behind the presence of the ants. Joe was polite and helpful all the way through and careful not to trail debris through the house.
Trevor has been helping to rid my garden of rats for the last few weeks. Not only does he come on time, is very professional but very good humoured as well. I am EXTREMELY afraid of rats and he did much to put my mind at ease. He also went above and beyond the call of duty to investigate where the start of the trouble might be. Because of his investigation we found that at the end of the rat run was a children's playground. The council has been notified and a fence surrounds the area to protect the children. Really appreciate the service and I highly recommend. Susan
Trevor was very efficient polite friendly and a little cheeky but would definitely recommend you guys nice all gone 👍👍
Pest Defence Ltd is rated 4.94 based on 121 reviews