Off the Map Travel Reviews

(44) 0800 5668901

info@offthemap.travel

Off the Map Travel 5 star review on 10th January 2022
Kate
We planned a vacation to Finland to view the Aurora Borealis, and it did not disappoint! What a wonderful experience it was to work with Off the Map Travel. They have excellent communication skills and provide extremely detailed information on what to expect. We had the pleasure of working with Amy, who was lovely. Nothing equals this level of service; we can't wait to get in contact again.
Off the Map Travel 5 star review on 10th January 2022
Fantastic experience working with the team. At all times they were responsive, quick to find alternatives, and very knowledgeable. They continued to stay on top of things with COVID which I appreciated.
Off the Map Travel did a wonderful job organising our trip. We had just the right amount of activities versus free-time planned. I really appreciated how our travel counsellor listened to our priorities and incorporated them into our itinerary. Thank you!!
Our group of 7 (two families) booked a 10 day trip to Sweden, and wanted to explore more of the country than just Stockholm. So glad to have found Off the Map Travel (OTM), as they made getting "up north" to a beautiful part of the country to chase the Northern Lights SO easy. Those 5 days were the absolute highlight of the trip, and booking with OTM gave us access to truly unique, boutique stays that were private to our small group. Our planning guide, Amy, was thoughtful, detailed, and timely in communications with me throughout the planning. OTM offers full concierge planning support, but as our families are seasoned travelers, Amy was flexible to work with me for our group to manage portions of the in-Sweden travel on our own so we could use "points" for travel cost offsets. Once on the ground, it was so much fun, with great activities, tasty, high-quality local/traditional foods, absolutely on-point accommodations and gracious, friendly hosts and activity guides. The included heavy-duty cold-weather outerwear (the "Supersuits!") and warm boots were indispensable. We appreciated they stayed with us for the duration of our time with OTM, as we wore them everywhere with our offsite activities and exploring around our lodging, too. We loved the people we met through OTM's network and adored each and every place we stayed. From a cost perspective, Scandinavia is expensive in general, so value-wise, the investment to travel with OTM was pretty reasonable. You could book a similar tour on your own, but the travel industry relationships they have for absolutely boutique lodging, activities, transport truly give you access you'd be hard-pressed to book independently. So for that, we found the slight premium in cost was worth it for the experience we had in return. Point to consider--flexibility is a must, especially with shoulder season travel as we did. We ended up dog carting vs dog sledding due to snow conditions (Amy had given heads up of that possibility at booking, and it was still amazing!), and, had a change in lodging, confirmed a few days before our trip began, noting access challenges due to the lake the original property was on not being fully frozen. As these things go, the alternate location we stayed at actually ended up a favorite for everyone because of the ambiance, comfortable accommodations, wonderful food, expanded included activities, and onsite crew. So, we appreciated how seamless the transition to the alt lodge happened, with no additional changes to our overall package. Overall, we had a blast, and would definitely look to book with Off the Map Travel again!
Off the Map Travel 4 star review on 18th December 2021 Off the Map Travel 4 star review on 18th December 2021 Off the Map Travel 4 star review on 18th December 2021 Off the Map Travel 4 star review on 18th December 2021 Off the Map Travel 4 star review on 18th December 2021 Off the Map Travel 4 star review on 18th December 2021 Off the Map Travel 4 star review on 18th December 2021 Off the Map Travel 4 star review on 18th December 2021 Off the Map Travel 4 star review on 18th December 2021 Off the Map Travel 4 star review on 18th December 2021
Wow! What a company! When I wanted a company to organise a bespoke trip to Lapland for a family of 4, with different ideas of what is fun, I had no idea that it would be so simple. OTMT organised the most amazing holiday for us - out of this world accommodation, high quality excursions, transport,and even helped me sort out flights (which is something they don’t usually do). I had two agents (Holly and Ana) support me during the very long planning time (2 years thanks to Covid) and they gave me personalised and professional support. Nothing was too much trouble, even when Covid scuppered our plans. I was initially worried that their glossy website wouldn’t live up to expections, but the holiday by far exceeded them. The private portal that you log into to access travel, accommodation and activities was easy to use and clear. When in Finnish Lapland, it was clear that OTMT and our excursions company work very closely together, and that just reinforced what a good decision we made to use them. This was not a cheap holiday - we didn’t want that. We wanted value for money and we certainly feel that we got that. Our only problem is that we have fallen in love with Finland and want to return asap. We had better vet saving!
Off the Map Travel 5 star review on 15th December 2021 Off the Map Travel 5 star review on 15th December 2021 Off the Map Travel 5 star review on 15th December 2021 Off the Map Travel 5 star review on 15th December 2021 Off the Map Travel 5 star review on 15th December 2021 Off the Map Travel 5 star review on 15th December 2021 Off the Map Travel 5 star review on 15th December 2021 Off the Map Travel 5 star review on 15th December 2021 Off the Map Travel 5 star review on 15th December 2021 Off the Map Travel 5 star review on 15th December 2021
We are a retired couple that was very much looking forward to the wonderful vacation planned for us by Off the Map Travel. We were going to see the Northern lights in both Iceland and Norway. But, because of the Corona virus pandemic, we could not go. While we are fighting the airlines who want to charge us a 37.4% "rebooking" fee (talk about taking advantage of seniors!!), Off the Map Travel has rebooked us for next year with no additional charges!!! The measure of a company is best made by seeing how they treat their customers in a crisis!!! Kudo's and thanks to Holly and her team!!!
We have just returned from our Norway trip organised by Holly from ‘Off The Map’. We had such an amazing time as Holly had organised a perfect itinerary. All of the excursions and transfers ran smoothly and accommodation really suburb. We would throughly recommend ‘Off the Map’ and will be using them again. Diane
Off the Map arranged the most amazing trip of a lifetime for my birthday. The care and attention to detail allowed us to just enjoy the experience without having to worry about transfers or trying to find out what to do. We snowmobiled, ‘camped’ out in the tundra wilderness, sledded with huskies and fed reindeer amongst many other activities. We have so many special memories to treasure.
11 DAYS, 3 COUNTRIES, NO PROBLEMS! Included numerous flights, many car services, multiple hotels/lodges, tons of activities.
Off the Map Travel 5 star review on 19th February 2020
Holly Park has been EXCEPTIONAL from the first call to her follow up!! I will travel again with Off The Map, looking forward to another wonderful adventure!! Thank You Again!! Richard a Magliocca Sr.
What a brilliant holiday we had in Swedish Lapland - thanks to the fabulous (and seamlessly efficient) organisation of it all by Gwen Tavares who basically listened to my wishes and made them come true. Thank you!
We had a wonderful experience with Off the Map Travel! Our travel agent, Holly, did a wonderful job helping us plan exactly what we wanted for our trip to Svalbard, working within our schedule, and for a reasonable price. She made all the planning so easy for us! Holly even helped us arrange a birthday cake at the hotel for two of our group members, and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the hotel also left some little gifts for them as well. We had a great time and would love to travel with Off the Map again!
Massive thanks to Holly and the team, I asked for a memorable Northern Lights/Artic activity holiday to celebrate my wife’s birthday....they more than delivered. The Artic Retreat break was amazing!
This was my first experience with Off the Map Travel, but it definitely will not be my last. My consultant, Holly Renn, was a rock star who really listened to what I wanted to experience on my special vacation, and crafted not one, but two, possible vacations that met every one of my wishes. She was always there to answer questions, make changes, and generally make planning easy. This was my first solo trip, so that was really important to me. On my holiday, everything went so smoothly. There was not one single problem, so I was able to enjoy my holiday without worrying about any of the details. I do not have enough words to say about how wonderful my experience was with Off the Map Travel. The best I can do is to say that I will definitely use them in the future, and that I have told EVERYONE - both on my holiday and at home - about Off the Map and how great their services are. My advice to anyone reading this review who wants a wonderful, special holiday - go to Off the Map Travel!
We loved working with Shivani, our travel designer, and appreciated her knowledge of guides and activities in our travel areas. We think some of the contractors she scheduled for us were fantastic - Polar Park, Arctic Guides and the Tree Hotel for sure - and some were good/ok. We didn't realize how wonderful everyone's English skills would be in Norway, Sweden and Finland, so we did something we had not done before - OTM arranged transfers from one activity or area to another. Turns out this was one of the highlights of the trip! We loved meeting our drivers and getting to talk with them; we loved that both of us could concentrate on the scenery instead of where we were going. We will definitely consider doing this again. We had a couple of activities cancelled because of the weather, and OTM made requesting our refunds easy. We will absolutely consider using them again for future trips.
The itinerary planned by our travel designer Shivani Patel exceeded our expectations. This was our 24th anniversary trip and the activities planned made it really special and magical. Thank you.
Off the Map was recommended to us highly from a colleague that uses them regularly, and they did not disappoint. They tailored our itinerary in Swedish Lapland in accordance with all of our input, and they were extremely responsive. Would definitely use them again!
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Off the Map Travel and Shivani in particular if you are thinking of booking a Northern lights snowy holiday. She really listened to what we wanted and came back with an itinerary that was more than we could have imagined. Communication was excellent throughout and even when we missed our connecting flight they rearranged things for us so we didn't miss out too much. We even got to see the Northern Lights!! All our accommodation was superb (stay in a glass igloo if you can for one night) and the snow safari's we did were so much fun. It all ran smoothly and the private transfers were always on time. If you book through them you won't regret it!
We have just returned from a very successful northern lights trip to Abisko/Bjorkliden in northern Sweden. Off the Map Travel did a fantastic job of offering a range of personalised suggestions to choose from, based on the briefing that we had given them. Quite apart from being lucky enough to see the lights on four successive nights, they organised a succession of wonderful activities for each day/evening. The highlight (among many) was six hours on the frozen lake one evening with Anders Bergwall, ice fishing (unsuccessfully) and sitting around a fire, having dinner cooked for us and benefitting from Anders’s extensive knowledge of the mountains, nature and the northern lights (as well as seeing them). A trip to remember - thank you.
Our family have had the best holiday ever. We thoroughly enjoyed an action packed week in Björkliden, including seeing the beautiful Northern Lights. Off The Map Travel arranged a wonderful combination of activities, accommodation and transfers for us that all worked seamlessly and have left us with fantastic memories that will last a lifetime. It was very clear that Off The Map Travel have very strong relationships locally that helped to make our holiday so special. Thank you so much to Shivani and the team for making this special experience possible for us. We can’t recommend Off The Map Travel highly enough. They have been fantastic all throughout the process.
Off the Map Travel is rated 4.94 based on 175 reviews