Off the Map Travel Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend Off the Map Travel
"The organisation was perfect and the personalised attention given by Alice was invaluable . Everything flowed seamlessly other than the weather!"
"If you've got a 'Bucket List' of places you want to travel to, don't do it without Off the Map Travel! They are the only holiday company that let you choose what YOU want to do, and when you want to do it. They are the only company that supports you while you're on holiday (in case there are problems with weather, transport etc). We went to Iceland, and in spite of the weather (blizzards!) delaying our flight out and cancelling lots of our pre-booked trips, we had a fantastic time, and everything that we had planned with OTMT was perfect. OTMT's 'Front Desk' service, re-arranged airport pickups and moved pre-booked trips to other days (most other holiday-makers were not so lucky!). Can't recommend OTMT enough. Will use OTMT again (and again)."
"From start to finish Off The Map Travel handled my booking perfectly. Even though the unpredictable weather in Reykjavik posed some challenges the team did everything they could to ensure my holiday ran smoothly and chose some fantastic tours to suit my family's needs. I would highly recommend Off The Map Travel and will be travelling with them again in the future."
"We had a brilliant time thank you; everything worked like clockwork. Off The Map Travel chose the accommodation well and put together a great itinerary of experiences we would not normally get to do. - The Ice Hotel experience is superb. - Lapland Guesthouse is an excellent find. The owner Johan, his family and staff are all so friendly and make their guests very welcome. We loved the fact that it was so personable and the remote location appealed to us too. It was great to be miles away from anywhere and not amongst hordes of tourists. We tried activities we have never done before - snowmobiling, snowshoeing and dog sledding, which gave us the chance to learn about the local landscape and wildlife etc, and of course we got to see the Northern Lights. - The Kungsträdgården Hotel in Stockholm was ideal too. It was in such a great location – so close to the water, the old town and the main shopping area / restaurants. OTMT arranged a fantastic trip. Thank you."
"I contacted Off the Map Travel and within 24 hours and a few e-mails I had a full intinerary that met our needs for our intended trip from Florence. The itinerary was very comprehensive with details of hotels, activities, the areas and photographs. Communication was also excellent throughout up to the day of travel and on our return! The holiday itself ran like clockwork from taxi pickups to activity organisers. We had a detailed printable itinerary of the holiday with company references, pick up times and locations with telephone numbers if need be. The companies OTM used in our holiday locations were excellent as was the accommodation. An excellent service from Florence a highly recommended company!"
"We would usually organise holidays ourselves but as my husband is unwell we decided to let someone else take the strain this time and we are so glad we did. We would never have found the hosts and accommodation that Florence arranged. The time and effort that OTM have taken to visit and experience each one so they can talk knowledgeably to clients is fantastic. I cannot thank Florence enough for the amazing holiday she created for us. Everything had been thought of and everything ran like clockwork. When one of our flights was delayed she even phoned us with offers of booking alternative flights to avoid a long stay at the airport. All the hosts were so welcoming we felt like one of the family rather than guests. It was the most amazing experience of my life and I will certainly go back to Off The Map the next time I'm looking to travel."
"They planned a truly memorable holiday for us, based on their knowledge of the areas we were visiting they were able to suggest activities & methods of travel to maximize our time"
"Our holiday was organised relatively quickly due to the original company we had booked with going into administration and I was not sure we would have time to re-book the same holiday, however, OTMT came up trumps. Our organiser Florence had endless patience with my "tweaks" and questions and made us feel very valued customers. All emails were answered very quickly and I was very impressed with the presentation of the initial itinerary. Part of our holiday included visiting three cities and spending a night at the Ice Hotel before finishing off at Lapland Guesthouse in Kangos which was a truly magical place. OTMT organised all of our flights, all transfers, hotels and the train from Oslo to Stockholm, activities (snowmobiling and dog sledding) and warm outerwear hire so nothing was left to chance. Everything ran like clockwork and the online version of our itinerary proved invaluable and even included Google links to all hotels. We had a wonderful holiday, one that we will remember for the rest of our lives that we have OTMT to thank for and I cannot recommend the company highly enough. Thank you so much!"
"We had a wonderful trip to Iceland with Off the Map. Florence tailor made our trip perfectly and was extremely helpful through the entire process. Upon arriving in Iceland the planning and coordination was seamless and we were set up with the best of everything. We will definitely be travelling with Off the Map again!"
"excellent communication throughout the process from planning all the way to the trip, solving a minor problem with a hotel during checkin, and followup after trip...they really care and personalize the process. i'll book with them again! thanks, Cliff"
"Very responsive to any questions/changes to itinery."
"Excellent and efficient organisation delivered exactly what was promised for a fantastic trip."
"OTMT designed a wonderful Arctic Circle vacation to see the Northern Lights. In addition to seeing the lights, we participated in many different activities. Because OTMT booked everything for us at very good venues, we were able to relax and enjoy our vacation."
"I gave my requirements to Florence and she came up with a made to measure holiday. It ticked all the boxes and when I asked for 'tweeks' I got them. I had a wonderful time, without hiccups and saw amazing sights. One of the best holidays I've had. Would recommend Off the Map to anyone (and did to my fellow travellers)"
"We had an amazing trip to Abisko and the Northern Lights, the trip was planned to perfection by Off the Map, from the moment we landed at Kiruna to the moment we flew out we didn't have to think about anything other than enjoying the time we had there. The service and quality of everything was superb, from the hotel, to the excursions, to the travel arrangements. We would highly recommend them to anyone planning a trip to the Northern Lights."
"Put together an interesting, customized activity that met all the requirements we had for a 6 day experience in Lapland."
"From start to finish they were incredible. I would not hesitate to use them again and am already planning my next trip with them. They ensured we saw the very best of Iceland in a short period of time. Katy and Florence were brilliant. Flo understood our requirements and her recent experience of Iceland meant she could not only help guide us as to what we should see over our long weekend but also went as far to suggest some restaurants etc whilst we were over there giving us a really personal experience. The accommodation and the tours we booked through them were exceptional, from the luxury experience at the blue lagoon to the knowledgeable guide who took us around the golden circle, it is clear that Off the Map Travel have people who know their holiday destinations through first hand experience and have consequently hand picked the people and companies they deal with. There should be more stars available!!!"
"Completely seamless holiday experience in a fabulous location with stunning trips and exceptional food. Highly recommend."
"Poor detail in excursions. Not enough info given and poor quality of excursions. The guided tour with the elderly woman included talking about her daughters traditional outfits and mannerisms, stopping on the streets and looking at her phone for 10 minutes, which felt like a waste of time as this happened on numerous occasions. The dinner cruise was suggested as I made it clear to the tour operator that it was my wife's 30th birthday so this cruise was recommended. The cruise was on a fishing boat, poorly decorated (it looked like an old 1960's worn down pub) pictures of tourists catching fish on the walls, worst meal we had eaten in Tromso (chinese take aways were better). We both had stomach issues the same night and next morning following this. We sat on a boat for 3 hours eating a poorly prepared meal and smelling of fish. The hotel was a small room. I acknowledge I wanted to pay less than the proposed 4 star but with such a small hotel room I was not informed of how small this was. We both struggled to move around and there was only space for one suitcase and storage for one. This made the whole stay very uncomfortable."
"Making it possible to travel to exotic places in the Far North!"
Off the Map Travel is rated 4.93 based on 142 reviews