Off the Map Travel Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend Off the Map Travel
Chetna
"Very prompt communication and never get tired of answering my questions. They designed an amazing adventure for my family and we were treated like royalty the entire time. If you want to travel to Sweden as a VIP then Off The Map is the team for you."
Donna Maidment
"This is the second time we have used Off The Map Travel and again, they did not disappoint. OTMT found us a great hotel in Tromso, Norway for the first part of our holiday that was in a great location for sightseeing. The second part of the holiday was Christmas spent at the lodge at Lyngen Experience and what a gem that was. We were looked after wonderfully and had a Christmas we will not forget. I believe OTMT personally visit all locations they offer so nothing is ever left to chance and Alice, our organiser, was able to answer all questions we had. The online itinerary is just brilliant, with everything - hotels, transfers, excursions etc. there to see at a click of a button. The excursions taken were excellent, with my partner even going on a Whale Safari. I would not hesitate in recommending OTMT, the service they provide is absolutely first class. Thank you for organising our wonderful holiday!"
"Our family of 3 enjoyed an amazing winter adventure in the Laplands of Sweden. Shivani took great care in making sure we had everything taken care of. We had a blast snowmobiling, ice-fishing, dog-sledding, and skiing. It was our son's birthday on the excursion with Arctic Guides (Amanda was the BEST)....they even baked him a cake and made it even more special! It's a trip we will remember forever and are so thankful for your help! We will definitely look to you for future adventures...thank you!!!"
"We loved working with Shivani, our travel designer, and appreciated her knowledge of guides and activities in our travel areas. We think some of the contractors she scheduled for us were fantastic - Polar Park, Arctic Guides and the Tree Hotel for sure - and some were good/ok. We didn't realize how wonderful everyone's English skills would be in Norway, Sweden and Finland, so we did something we had not done before - OTM arranged transfers from one activity or area to another. Turns out this was one of the highlights of the trip! We loved meeting our drivers and getting to talk with them; we loved that both of us could concentrate on the scenery instead of where we were going. We will definitely consider doing this again. We had a couple of activities cancelled because of the weather, and OTM made requesting our refunds easy. We will absolutely consider using them again for future trips."
"The itinerary planned by our travel designer Shivani Patel exceeded our expectations. This was our 24th anniversary trip and the activities planned made it really special and magical. Thank you."
"Off the Map was recommended to us highly from a colleague that uses them regularly, and they did not disappoint. They tailored our itinerary in Swedish Lapland in accordance with all of our input, and they were extremely responsive. Would definitely use them again!"
"I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Off the Map Travel and Shivani in particular if you are thinking of booking a Northern lights snowy holiday. She really listened to what we wanted and came back with an itinerary that was more than we could have imagined. Communication was excellent throughout and even when we missed our connecting flight they rearranged things for us so we didn't miss out too much. We even got to see the Northern Lights!! All our accommodation was superb (stay in a glass igloo if you can for one night) and the snow safari's we did were so much fun. It all ran smoothly and the private transfers were always on time. If you book through them you won't regret it!"
"We have just returned from a very successful northern lights trip to Abisko/Bjorkliden in northern Sweden. Off the Map Travel did a fantastic job of offering a range of personalised suggestions to choose from, based on the briefing that we had given them. Quite apart from being lucky enough to see the lights on four successive nights, they organised a succession of wonderful activities for each day/evening. The highlight (among many) was six hours on the frozen lake one evening with Anders Bergwall, ice fishing (unsuccessfully) and sitting around a fire, having dinner cooked for us and benefitting from Anders’s extensive knowledge of the mountains, nature and the northern lights (as well as seeing them). A trip to remember - thank you."
"Our family have had the best holiday ever. We thoroughly enjoyed an action packed week in Björkliden, including seeing the beautiful Northern Lights. Off The Map Travel arranged a wonderful combination of activities, accommodation and transfers for us that all worked seamlessly and have left us with fantastic memories that will last a lifetime. It was very clear that Off The Map Travel have very strong relationships locally that helped to make our holiday so special. Thank you so much to Shivani and the team for making this special experience possible for us. We can’t recommend Off The Map Travel highly enough. They have been fantastic all throughout the process."
"Thank you for a wonderful Northern Lights Experience Holiday in Sweden. Everything from the time I made my first enquiry, some 18 months ago, to the conclusion of the trip were done exceptionally well and professionally. Knowledge of Off the Map Travel of what makes a perfect Northern Lights experience really shone through. My wife and I have enjoyed every minute of the holiday. The Travel Designers are a job to communicate off, even though they are far away from Australia. Anyone interested in chasing the Aurora should definitely consider using Off the Map Travel. I know I will again."
"Let me start by saying that I am not one to work with Travel Agents! It had been many years, but I saw something about a Northern Lights trip to a place called Svalbard and I wanted to learn more. Off the Map Travel was fantastic! They were very engaged with who we were, what would work and always answered questions very quickly. Even when I thought things were not going to go well (a potential delayed flight) they were quick to provide me their off hours line and were very anxious to make sure that we were taken care of and wanted to be kept in the loop. All worked well in the end - and we had a fabulous time. I would highly recommend this company to work with your needs and trip ideas to the Arctic."
"Our experience of Off The Map travel was really great. We were skeptical about using someone to put together a trip for us - having always organised our own trips before - but we felt Shivani really quickly got to grips with who we were and what we wanted. The whole process was really easy to deal with and ultimately the proof was in the eating - we had a trip of a lifetime. Thank you very much guys."
"Shivani was helpful at every stage and was really interested in what we wanted to achieve not what she was trying to sell. We have never undertaken a bespoke holiday before and can highly recommend it."
"Fantastic package was put together for my wife and I travelling in Sweden, couldn’t recommend enough , special thanks to Shivani Cheers Steve"
"An exceptional company with exceptional people that delivers at the highest level. From the first point of contact there's a genuine desire to listen and work with you to create a truly bespoke and memorable travel experience. Off The Map Travel worked with me to create a wonderful surprise birthday trip to Iceland for my wife and family and the professionalism, attention to detail and thoughtfulness in every aspect of the holiday was exceptional. Off The Map Travel nailed it on every detail and kept me informed every step of the way."
"Shivani, our Travel Designer, was second to none! She created a crazy adventurous itinerary that fit our need to see it all perfectly. We created memories that will last a lifetime. Not only did we get to see the northern lights multiple times, we also go to experience dogsledding, ice climbing, snowmobiling, reindeer sleigh rides, and a dip in a frozen lake for the first time. And, we even spent Christmas night in the ICEHOTEL. We cannot wait to plan our next adventure with Off the Map!"
"Fantastic trip to Norway!. Off the map gave great advice when planning the trip so all aspects of the holiday were spot on. Locations, transfers & excursions excellent & although not the cheapest they were well worth the money. Wouldn't hesitate in booking with them again."
"Thankyou so much to Florence who originally planned our trip and to Shivani who also helped. Everything was so easy to book and Florence planned a fantastic schedule after speaking to us and learning about what we were interested in doing. Nothing went wrong during the holiday, with every transfer, activity and hotel being booked correctly. It all ran so smoothly. Thankyou to off the map for our stress free, unforgettable experience !"
"This was a trip wished for a very long time. Shivani and Off the Map Travel staff were all the way from conception of the trip (thank you Shivani for tayloring this trip for me with all I wanted) till the trip itself (Ellen, front desk guys) making every detail work as planned. The hotel and the tours were excellent. I was informed all the time about tour cancellations (nature) and they would email me asking me every day how was my day, I never had to contact them, they would contact me and this was very re-assuring as I knew they would help me if needed. I am already planning a second trip, to try to see the northern lights and that would be with Off The Map Travel as I know they will arrange the best possible trip for me. Very happy indeed with Off the Map Travel and its staff who are the ones making the company get a prestige of an excellent choice when looking for an adventure travel planning agency."
"We had a brilliant time thank you; everything worked like clockwork. Off The Map Travel chose the accommodation well and put together a great itinerary of experiences we would not normally get to do. - The Ice Hotel experience is superb. - Lapland Guesthouse is an excellent find. The owner Johan, his family and staff are all so friendly and make their guests very welcome. We loved the fact that it was so personable and the remote location appealed to us too. It was great to be miles away from anywhere and not amongst hordes of tourists. We tried activities we have never done before - snowmobiling, snowshoeing and dog sledding, which gave us the chance to learn about the local landscape and wildlife etc, and of course we got to see the Northern Lights. - The Kungsträdgården Hotel in Stockholm was ideal too. It was in such a great location – so close to the water, the old town and the main shopping area / restaurants. OTMT arranged a fantastic trip. Thank you."
Off the Map Travel is rated 4.94 based on 161 reviews