Mazuma Mobile Reviews

3% of reviewers recommend Mazuma Mobile
07AM
7AM

About Mazuma Mobile: Mazuma Mobile are UK’s favourite mobile phone recycling website. <br /> We re-home, on average, 150,000 mobiles per month - we're one of the leading mobile phone REUSE specialists in Europe and have already paid out over £68 million to 100’s of 1000’s of happy

1 Colne Way Court, Watford, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Mazuma Mobile made you happy

"Offered me £30 for an iPad Air 2, reduced from their quoted price of £120, due to (you guessed it) “Defective LCD screen. White mark(s) in display. Mostly visible on white background. New LCD screen required.” It was in perfect, mint condition when I sent it to them and I’m willing to bet that I will see no evidence of this supposed defect when my item is returned to me. This seems to be a running theme with Mazuma nowadays, they will look for any reason to offer you as low a price as possible, even to the point of lying about the defects, despite the fact their website literally has just two criteria: working or faulty. Utterly appalling business practice that is as close to thievery as it gets. Absolutely, positively, unequivocally avoid this company, give your business to someone like musicMagpie or your network provider’s own phone recycling option, hell even eBay is a better alternative. Anything else is better than supporting these deceitful crooks."
Are you Mazuma Mobile? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Don’t touch them. Reduced my offer to £5 saying ‘raised screen’. Refused to provide photographic evidence I requested. Needless to say the screen was perfect when I sent the phone to them."
"Scammers. Will offer you a good price online. Once they recieve the phone they make up a defect and offer far less. Save time, avoid."
"Quoted £170 for phone to receive a new offer of £70 due to water damage. There is absolutely no water damage to the phone. This seems to be a growing trend where they make a good offer just to then try their luck by making up a lie about the phone in a hope you will accept a lower offer. I have used in the past with no problem, now they seem to be scamming people"
"Made up some nonsense about camera being faulty. Phone was in great working order. What a waste of time"
"Seems like they're still up to their old tricks, tried to reduce £130 to £30 for "screen burn". Had it retuned and sold to another company no problems Complete rubbish"
"On receipt of my phone Mazuma reduced their offer to £5 and their excuse was the LCD screen is faulty. I asked for my phone to be returned only to find it was still in the box I used and still taped down with the tape I used. Therefore, the box was never opened for the phone to be tested. Do not use Mazuma to sell your unwanted devices."
"Liars!!! My phone had a cracked under screen fair enough BUT they said it has water damage!!! Nonsense!!!! It’s a brilliant phone apart from the screen they are just ripping people off full stop"
"Just like a lot of people here, I sent my mint condition phone to them and have had a note to say the focus on the camera is faulty. It’s absolutly untrue and now I feel concerned as to what state I am going to get my device in as I have rejected their ludicrous offer. Anybody readying this, for the sake of £10 or so, use another vendor. This is a crooked operation."
"Tried to sell 2 S7 edges, price quoted online £110 each. Mazuma told me had burn in now only worth £30. Asked for phones back, sent them to Samsung recycle, there is nothing wrong with phones, received £240 from them"
"Mazuma a.k.a delaminated screen scam artist I wouldn't waste my time in the future"
"Tried to sell.my s7 to them for £100. They claim it was faulty with delaminated screen. Phone has been returned and there is nothing wrong with it. Waste of time."
"I sent an iPhone 6s Plus, was quoted £105, sent phone off, they claimed the camera was faulty so reduced it to £50. I was happy to accept that as I’d upgraded. That’s where the problems started. I didn’t get any emails from them regarding the new offer, it was after logging in that I saw it. I chased them up through email, claimed they would look into it. They ignored further emails and again after logging in they had rejected the phone, claiming it had somehow gone against their terms and conditions. What?? They’ve sent the phone back with a few scratches on the screen which wasn’t there when it was sent and they had opened my messages, App Store etc luckily I had factory reset it so they had none of my details. Be careful to reset it as it looks like they’re after your personal information as there’s no need to go into all those apps to test if it’s working. Will never use again!"
"I sent a handset to them the only problem was I couldn't find the original box the day I sent it so I screenshot the imei printed it and aced it in with phone. Within 2 days I had a notification saying the phone was stolen which I can garuntee it was not stolen it was a brand new phone from o2, taken out the box by me and used by me only. I contacted O2 who gave me full proof of purchasing including imei number and mazuma still say stolen. They won't return phone or make the payment offered. CON ARTISTS"
"CON ARTISTS! Offered me £480 for my iPhoneX, used special delivery to post, wrapped in bubble wrap, in a waterproof bag they provided! Only to be told a week later that there was water damage (which wasn’t when it was packaged!£ and they would now offer me £160. I told them I want the phone back, which I have recieved and worst of all it has mysteriously got water damage in the top left hand corner!!! FUMING! On to the papers and BBC now!"
"Mazuma mobile does not deserve not even a single star. They are bloody opportunistic crooks. For my Samsung Galaxy Note 8, they quoted £345 online and sent me verification of this via email. I hand delivered my device which is less than a year old and has been kept in a heavy-duty case from new. Below is the exact message they subsequently sent me by email: Samsung Galaxy Note 8 N950F 64GB classed as Faulty - Defective LCD screen. Imprint burn in display. Mostly visible on white background. New LCD screen required. Obviously, I was livid because I knew they were lying. These guys are arrogant lying thieves and should be avoided like the plague!!! DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE!!!"
"Looked on their website to get a price for my Motorola G6. It's a relatively new model and as their useless website is strictly prefilled, I couldn't get a quote. Messaged them. Took a day ( not 2 hours... ) to be told they couldn't buy my phone as it is yet to be listed on their database! So, my business was turned away because of a simple form. Mind you, I'm relieved now I've read all the reviews regarding the same screen burn scam. My phone is unmarked."
"Sent my Note 8 off after being offered £355 for only to get an email stating that the screen was faulty ie got burn in. No it hasn't! It's in perfect condition in fact it's like new, not a mark on it. Offered £135 for it. Not a chance. Having it back & will sell it somewhere else. Funny cos they did exactly the same thing when I sold my galaxy S8 last year & that was fine too. Let it go that time thinking they were being honest. Obviously not. Can't even get their facts right saying it needs a new LCD screen. Funny that because it's actually got an Amoled screen. Total con artists & won't be using them ever again"
"I sent my phone off last Saturday, 25th August, 2018 and I got an email on the 30th saying that I haven't de-activated my icloud account. So I contacted apple and sorted it out the same day and then immediately notified Mazuma and I also rang to check they were aware and they said that I would receive payment by 6.00pm that day. I received nothing so called back the next day and was told the same thing. I challenged the man saying that I don't trust this as i got told the same thing the day before and he said don't worry you will receive payment by 6.00pm. It is the 1st September now and I have tried calling again as I still haven't received payment and the phone line has been busy all morning. I am raging!"
"This company is not to be trusted. They do not honour their offers of payment. My Sony Xperia was in working order, screen undamaged, and their offer was just £25 which was fine. But then they emailed after receipt of the phone and told me it had screen burn and white marks. They reduced their offer to nil. Use a pawn broker or part ex your phone, you will do much better. Do not fall for their enticing advert, it is a misrepresentation."
Mazuma Mobile is rated 1.10 based on 69 reviews