Maplin Reviews

9 Temple Street

Category:
Business & Office

Click Here

Tell us how Maplin made you happy

"Staff at Maplin Exeter are very, very helpful. I left with a lot more knowledge and with the items I wanted! :-)"
"I am very angry. I went into Maplin for a hard drive. I asked a member of staff for solid state hard drive. After a few months I am having problems accessing the files. The hard drive is not solid state. Is there any point in asking for help from staff if they are going to give me the wrong product. I have saved work which I cannot access now. Maplin need to employ knowledgable staff instead of using student as cheap labour. Shame on the management for using cheap staff. I will not be going in Maplin again."
"Hi i bought my husband a record player for Christmas but bought the wrong one, I returned it to the Rugby store and was serve by Ben who was really helpful and advised me which one would be best for our needs, so I exchanged to a better model, he wasn't like other assistants who can be rude when you need to return or exchange. I told my husband about how helpful he was and yesterday he went to the store and was served by Ben and again advised him on the relevant product that would be best for him, which was Sugru glue and it has worked great. When we go back to the store we will look out for Ben for advise."
"I'd rather boil my eyeballs than give Maplins any more custom. They are a disgrace. Here is a copy of a letter I sent to their CEO: Dear Mr Meakin, some days ago I sent a letter of complaint to Maplins Customer Services. I didn't really expect anyone to do anything useful, but I did expect the simple courtesy of a reply. Nothing doing. I am disgruntled. Here is a copy of the letter: Alan Jones Jan 4 (2 days ago) customer.service@maplin.co.uk Dear Sir/Madam, I live in Exeter and am very unhappy with customer service at your Exeter branch. A few months ago I went in to ask about a hearing amplifier, this sort of thing: http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/beurer-ha-50-hearing-amplifier-a08wb Your Exeter staff advised me that the nearest branch with any in stock was Taunton. They did not offer to order one for me. Last week I went to the same branch and asked about a disk caddy like this one: http://www.ebay.com/p/9-5mm-universal-sata-2nd-hdd-ssd-hard-drive-caddy-for-cd-dvd-rom-optical-bay/1164372875 The response was no, you don't do them at all. Frankly they had no idea what I was talking about and looked at me like I was a Martian or something. This is hardly an exotic component. Today was the last straw. I went in and asked for an eSata cable. They confirmed you have them on your website but said sorry, "they are all at head office". I left empty handed but then thought, why on earth didn't they offer to get head office to send one over? This very service is offered as a free service on a large board outside the branch! This is execrable customer service. I have had no reply whatever from either Customer Services or the CEO! Disgusting."
"I ordered a graphics card online, when it didn't arrive I contacted them to ask why. They said it was no longer available and the £230.00 would be put back in my bank, still waiting! Why I had to contact them to find this out is really bad PR. Also they barred my complaint from their site!"
"Visited Hereford store today for RCA cable shop assistant showed me the type I wanted cheapest price £12.99. I advised him that your web page had them for £1.87 which he found on the website as well. I asked him to order one for collection at store and he told me I could do it directly but 'it was no skin off his nose' and his attitude was rude. I eventually ordered it from eBay as I do now want anything from Maplin."
"May 2016, I got a new professional 48w lcd display soldering iron station from Maplin_Webdeals via Amazon online as it was offering a £4.99 discount from its normal price from the stores. Yesterday, 23rd July 2016, the unit stopped working. The solder iron doesnt heat up even after 30 minutes left switched on! Photo attached shows monitor lcd screen that doesn't change. I was told by my local Maplin shop I can bring it down with my invoices for a replacement. Went down to store today, spent over an hour there as the shop assistant tried to get it authorised by HO who couldn't find my purchase details. Apparently HO insist I should have received a Maplin invoice by email. Maplin refuse to accept my Amazon invoice, eventhough it says seller Maplin_Webdeals! Initially I wanted a replacment but after this awful experience, I don't want this item anymore nor do I want to use Maplin any further. Will be askng for a refund and get another unit from another retailer who knows how to service and value their customers."
"Anthony at the Stratford, ,branch served me. He was so very helpful and patient and explained to a deaf old age pensioner without being patronising. I really rate him. I have always found that Maplin is a bit more expensive than say online purchases, but Anthony was so helpful and charming, I felt that I got a bargain. I do hope he will be rewarded in some way"
".....SPEAKING TO CUSTOMER CARE AND THEY CUT THE PHONE ON ME.... I bought a small Hercules DJ controller from maplin, spoke to a couple of Djs, and was told to get a better one, i had used the controller a few times for personal use, and i took it back to maplin, that i need to return it (since I would be upgrading and was still under the 30 day money back guarantee, I was given a full refund, and added the money to what i had on me and bought a bigger one( Pioneer) that was recommended by a member of staff in Maplin the same day. I spoke to DJs that i know, and they told me it was an entry level controller, i used it twice to see if it was worth an upgrade, still under the 30 day money back guarantee, i took it back to maplin, asked if they had what i needed and they didn't so i asked for a refund. The store the manager told me I could not get a full refund, reason being that, it was 'used twice' and offered me 75% of the retail price or go and sell it myself. Hence I went to the other Maplin branch at Junction 1. On getting there, the manager(at Junction 1) was waiting for me at the door, to tell me that he got a call from the other manager (at Reagent St.) that they should not collect the controller from me unless, I accepted his condition(that is,collect the 75%of the retail price or take the controller back and sell it somewhere else). I also asked the Manger(at Junction1) for the reason given to him, he said he was not told a reason. I was then charged 25% of the retail price and this affects my satisfactory right.It is not stated in Your Terms and Conditions, neither was it stated in your return and refund policy as at 14/05/2016 (2:00 pm), that I will be charged 25% of the retail price because the item was used. I called customer service and was told they could not do anything that the manager had made his decision, and it cannot be changed. i also sent an email of which they replied with ''We aim to respond to all emails within 24 hours. However in the vast majority of cases customers will receive a reply well within this time frame.'' Still waiting on their reply after 24 hours. The next day i call customer care to speak to someone in higher authority, they said asked for my details... and told me to wait, and they did not forward my call to any one but rather cut the phone on me, called again, they asked for my name, and cut the phone on me. The only charge found was in section 6.3 of returns under your terms and conditions, which does not apply to my case. Please I need the reason for this 25% charge to be expressly explained."
"I was in Maplin looking for a computer, it turned out it was out of stock. A member of staff said he would order me one to my house that will arrive in less than four days. i was a happy customer."
"great customer service"