London School of Mediation Reviews

of reviewers recommend London School of Mediation
Read London School of Mediation Reviews

About London School of Mediation:

Providers of world class mediation training across the UK. London School of Mediation have helped hundreds of individuals become accredited mediators.

44 (0) 20 7583 0444

london@schoolofmediation.org

London School of Mediation, Administration Office, 7 Hornbeam Square South, Harrogate, North Yorkshire

Tell us how London School of Mediation made you happy
A life-changing and empowering course which I would recommend to anybody, whether they intend to become a mediator or simply want a fantastic life skill. The course was professionally delivered by the outstanding trainers and assessors. The best course I have ever been on.
A well presented and comprehensive course run by professional and personable tutors. It gives you both the knowledge and skills to have confidence to take the next step in mediation, whatever that might be for you. The content is well balanced and comprehensive. The role plays are well prepared and are both challenging and fun - the best way to learn new skills. Thank you LSM.
A most impressive and enjoyable course. I had no idea how much I had to learn and greatly enjoyed the manner in which this was taught and the company of my fellow students.
I think the London School of Mediation is brilliant. I knew what mediation was but i honestly didn’t have much of a understanding in regards to the process much less the specific role of a mediator. The London school of Mediation gave me the knowledge and skills to be a brilliant and successful mediator. I’m truly grateful to Jude and the rest of the team for continuously delivering the course at a high level each day. The course was very detailed and organised well. I loved Jude & Tess’s teaching style, it allowed me to feel comfortable especially at times where i felt uncomfortable due to not completely understanding something. I’d recommend this course to everyone!!! I have given my feedback to my colleague and their really looking forward to starting the course in the next few weeks too! Thank you London School of Mediation.
I absolutely loved my training with LSM. It was stimulating, exciting & thought provoking. The passion all the tutors have for mediation is apparent, the venue used to host the training lovely, the handouts - most especially Judith Kelbie’s excellent book on mediation (it’s my constant go-to) brilliant. Frankly I couldn’t recommend this course enough. It will leave you will a thorough understanding of what mediation is and isn’t...
It was hard work to do the course over 2 (separated) weekends on top of working but the trainers made it enjoyable and we bonded as a group. There was some great acting, but it didn't matter if you couldn't act! My main concern now is finding 3 mediations to observe...not as easy as it might seem and some people local to me charge to observe!
I attended a five day course in February 2020. It ran like clockwork. The three tutors were all superb, providing an excellent balance between teaching and taking questions. I was never bored for a moment.

The organisation of the course also provided a perfect balance between receiving formal education and enjoying an atmosphere of informal excitement which compelled our constant attention.
The course was thorough, well-documented and taught by a team of experienced professionals who were very accessible. They cultivated a friendly, hard-working team environment for numerous (invaluable) mediation role plays - all contributing to a very successful week. I would not hesitate to recommend LSM,
The one-week course at LSM was an immersive and challenging experience, but a very rewarding one. The level of teaching was excellent. Much of the learning was through experience in mock mediation and role-play scenarios, with feedback from the tutors. Although daunting, a great sense of humour was maintained throughout and this made it very enjoyable. I found it to be a very effective method of learning; we covered a lot of ground, but consolidation through practical experience meant that it did really sink in. Advice on how to go forward into mediation practice was backed up, I felt, by a really genuine offer of help and support in future. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend mediation training at LSM.
I had decided to follow a career in Mediation. After much research, mainly referring to testimonials, I decided upon London School of Mediation. I'm so glad I did. The course consisted of 16 pupils and 3 tutors. Our tutors were excellent. Friendly, knowledgeable, empathetic and patient. The venue was a perfectly located, quality hotel, rather than some cost cutting office space. By the end of the week, I genuinely felt able to handle my first mediation. The group I trained with were also well chosen and personalities gelled perfectly, so much so, that our WhatsApp group is thriving.
Thank you Jude Tess and Gillian, we couldn't have done it without you :)
An excellent course with plenty of opportunity to put theory into practice. The tutors all brought a wealth of experience, expertise, enthusiasm and good humour to make it a highly enjoyable week. Thank you!
A brilliantly delivered course, with a very approachable and informative team, from varying backgrounds. Thank you for showing me the way I would like to go in life!
An intensive and challenging week but hugely enjoyable and rewarding. The training was first class and I highly recommend LSM.
The course presenters were very experienced, organized and able to effectively communicate mediation principles. The best part of the course for me was the practical exercises because this allowed students the much welcomed opportunity to translate the theory into the practical immediately and to ensure that we were understanding, retaining and able to use what we had been learning. During these exercises there was constructive and targeted feedback from presenters. An excellent learning experience all round.
All in all an excellent course.

The LSM course trainers first provided a good theoretical foundation to the mechanics of civil and commercial mediation before trainees took part in several role plays for added understanding of process, and confidence. Each role play was structured to focus our minds on real life tricky scenarios which the trainers subsequently took us through. The trainers were experienced, knowledgeable and engaging, drawing from their own individual experiences. Legal and compliance matters were also covered with some good examples from case law.

I thoroughly recommend this course.
The course was intensive and demanding. Course trainers were very good; always available to answer questions and, most important, share their experience; that gave me a good idea of the difficulties and opportunities of mediation in practice.
This was one of my best experiences to date! The course content was intense but the learning journey was incredible, both professionally and personally. Thanks to Judith, Tessa and Gillian. Their teaching methods and support were fantastic. This coupled with a diverse and inspirational cohort made for an exceptional week. Highly recommend!
Excellent course. Would recommend to anyone.
This is a well structured course with a good balance of tutorials, one on one advice and breaks. The role plays are the key to the training as they provide the skills needed to be a mediator. Great way to meet new people also and although its a tough week its well worth doing from a personal and professional level.
The trainers are outstanding. Judith, Lizzie and Susie were inspirational, encouraging and extremely experienced in empowering the group to understand and implement best practice. It remains fun, but delivers a huge amount for the money. Cannot recommend highly enough.
London School of Mediation is rated 4.98 based on 65 reviews