Kingsmead Conversions Ltd Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Kingsmead Conversions Ltd

How would you rate Kingsmead Conversions Ltd ?

Kay And Bertie Edwards
Verified Buyer
"Kingsmead Lofts have been ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS. Every tradesman that has been in has been amazing .... Tim, the structural builder, Graham the plumber, Matt the electrician, Shaun the tiler, Darren the carpenter (who is super special) and Bob....... And of course - not forgetting the fabulous Paul ( the project manager, who has kept it all rolling on track, and was super at communicating and giving regular updates ) .... Honestly can’t recommend them highly enough .... If you are thinking of having a loft, definitely call this company !!! The standard of the build and fit is top quality. Another fabulous thing about Kingsmead is the owner - Adam... always on the end of the phone for good advice ... never fails to return a call .... Inspired confidence at every point Experience has been great from start to finish !!! And to top it all their prices are really competitive. More than happy if anyone wants to get in touch with us - more than happy to show anyone the standard of the build - we genuinely couldn't be happier!"
"Friendly, professional and very tidy. I would recommend Kingsmead for any home renovations in a flash!"
Johnny Macquarrie
Verified Reviewer
"Paul and russ really made it quite simple for us as a family . Russ led the build onsite and always kept us up to speed and did a brilliant job. Paul kept us on plan with all the options and we are left with an amazing new space for our home . Highly recommended and very easy company to deal with ."
Mark Dawson
Verified Buyer
"Adam and the team from Kingsmead Conversions provide an unrivalled service and quality of workmanship for loft conversions and extensions. I would highly recommend them."
"Really happy with their work. Looks like the house was built with it already in. It happened amazingly quickly. Great bunch of guys who organised everything for us. Didn't need to chase them at all. Would highly recommend."
"Adam and his team (Ross and Barry) at Kingsmead Conversions have just completed a single storey extension, and we are extremely pleased with the outcome. We choose Kingsmead Conversions because they completed a loft conversion on our house three years ago, so we knew we could trust them. They completed the build on schedule and on budget. Adam and his team were great at communicating with us, and if there were any important decisions, such as selecting the brick to match our existing house, then they involved us and helped us make the right choice. I would definitely recommend them!"
Mr And Mrs Sutton
Verified Reviewer
"We were very pleased with our Dormer loft conversion. The whole Kingsmead team were efficient, professional, polite and gave careful consideration to all aspects of the project bearing in mind a young family and new born baby were present during the process. Adam and his team were always willing to discuss changes and amendments and gave honest, knowledgeable opinions on what was achievable. The loft conversion is finished to a very high standard on time and within budget."
Mike And Liz
Verified Buyer
"We had been thinking about making some extra room in the house for some time, then it came to a head when our delightful daughters cried out for their own space! We had a number of loft conversion specialists come round to quote for the work, but Adam was the guy who we felt most comfortable with, we felt that we could trust him and this is exactly what you need when you are making such a large change and investment to your home. Kingsmead’s quote was not the cheapest or the most expensive, but having spoken to a number of satisfied Kingsmead customers and then viewing a completed conversion, our minds were made up. Everyone we spoke to gave glowing reviews of Adam and the team around the quality of the workmanship, sticking to plans and budget and being friendly and amiable guys. I was only a little worried that it sounded too good to be true. Now that our conversion is finished (on time and to budget) we are all absolutely delighted with the finished results, our youngest daughter has a brand new bedroom and bathroom finished to her specification and I have at last got my own office and hobby space. No more spreading everything out in the kitchen and then rushing to clear away for meal times . Our eldest daughter is also delighted as she has her room all to herself, at last!! Karl, Paul, Darren and the rest of the crew were all very friendly and helpful, taking time to explain what was happening, when and why. They were always willing to give advice and input when we needed to make decisions and if we had concerns they made sure we were fully onboard before going ahead. I was very impressed with their patience, especially when I made a few changes. The only thing that slowed work down was waiting for the arrival of tiles from Spain, and this one was all down to me, one thing I have learnt is that you need to be thinking about finishes and fittings before the work starts and make sure you order what you need in advance to prevent delays. We were absolutely amazed that we didn’t need to redecorate the hall, stairs and landing, just goes to show the respect that Karl and the builders had for our property. We should have done this years ago, I can’t believe the difference that this is making to our lives!"
Justin De Freitas
Verified Buyer
"Excellent loft conversion completed November 2016. The project was completed as per the quotation and to a high standard. The whole team was very friendly and respected our home keeping the work area tidy each day. Before selecting Kingsmead we visited a previously completed project which the owners were still really happy years after completion of their loft extension. During the works there were a couple of design changes which Adam and his team were able to complete with no delay to the programme. Following completion, any snags were completed. I would highly recommend Kingsmead."
Angela Chamberlain
Verified Buyer
"I live in Broughton, Milton Keynes and had a dormer loft conversion and a garage conversion start in December 2016 and finish in January 2017. Both were on schedule and on budget. The builders worked come rain and shine and kept the disruption to a minimal. We thought December was perhaps the worst time to start, but it didn't seem to make a difference. The fixed price really is fixed price, assuming you don't make any changes. Kingsmead were the cheapest out of 3 companies we had quote and initially I was unsure if cheapest was best, but we are so happy with everything. Adam and his team and the tradesmen were excellent. As busy as he is, Adam always found time to stop for a cuppa and progress update when he was on site and was always helpful and approachable. We had some little snags at the end of the job and these were fixed swiftly. I would highly recommend kingsmead and would be happy to act as a reference site. Adam gave me the details of 3 completed jobs and I went to see their conversions ahead of accepting Adams quote. One small area we think could be improved upon was the communication. Adam was super organised and everything happened as it should, but he just forgot to tell us what was going on sometimes. I would definitely recommend using their painters to finish the job. Don't make the mistake of thinking you could save money by doing it yourself."
David And Alison
Verified Reviewer
"Excellent loft conversion - very pleased. The whole team were efficient, professional and very polite, and always willing to discuss changes and amendments. The cost came in on budget, except for a few amendments ( mainly instigated by us ) and were talked through and very reasonably priced. The loft conversion is finished to a very high standard."
"We have just had our loft conversion built by Kingsmead. They have done an amazing job - from the beginning they could offer a competitive quote and had ideas re the roof that other building firms didn't suggest or didn't consider. We are pleased we went with them and it looks great. It is clear that they know how to build loft conversions. Work completed within the timescales and the few snags at the end were sorted - no quibbling. I would highly recommend."
David And Sarah Short
Verified Reviewer
"Our Loft conversion was completed early 2016. Our house was only 18 months old but came with planning permission and some existing structural requirements to enable a full loft conversion. Adam already had copies of the original builder's plans so we did not even have to bother contacting the builder for them or to engage any architects. Nearly 6 months later we are still extremely happy with our loft conversion, in fact it feels more like a full additional floor, seamless in terms of design, windows, woodwork etc. to the rest of the original house. The process from quote to completion, including full decoration that we asked for went smoothly. It is obvious that Adam only uses trade people he can trust as all of the various trade people that came were polite, courteous and respectful of the fact that our little family was still living here during the works. The only improvement I would make was a little bit more communication on the build schedule would have been appreciated as the work went through the different phases. However, in the end the job was done on time including small modifications we requested along the way, so some of this could have been down to our perfectionist nature! Thank you Adam and your team, have already recommended you to various neighbours who have asked about our works!"
Anthony Forder
Verified Reviewer
"Communication is key when undertaking any type of building work and Kingsmead excel at this. So, Phone, Email and even SMS all play a key-part when working with Adam. Adam, from our initial meeting is incredible personable and willing to offer advice/help and explain what is and isn't achievable. Quotes arrived in a timely manner and everything was clearly defined and explained, architect drawings created and even the option to view other home-projects and drawings, so you could get a good understanding of the work that was going to occur. Work commenced late June 2016 and went like clock-work - The team we had were great, they builders, plumbers, electricians, carpenters, explained everything they were doing, kept both inside and outside mess to a minimum and even went above and beyond what you would expect. We now have a stunning extended home Thank you, Kingsmead"
Alex Hansford
Verified Buyer
"Kingsmead completed our loft extension late in 2015. Adam was courteous and immediately put our minds at ease about the process and feasibility of our large side dormer. Work started slightly late, but once it got going it happened at a fast pace and all worries about having it completed by Christmas quickly went away. The team were friendly and needed very little involvement from us - very little access was needed for most of the build and when it was they always took care to tidy up after themselves. I popped up to see the work in progress a couple of times, but really I needn't have worried. We were given notice of when the stairs would be dropped in (when the hole is cut for the stairs) - that day we left the house as usual, and returned to find a new floor on our house! :) They had tidied all the dust away and made the stairs safe for our 4 year old daughter. The finishing and bathroom was done quickly and they were finished with time to spare before Christmas. We would definitely recommend Kingsmead for future extension work."
Joanne White
Verified Reviewer
"Kingsmead have just finished my loft conversion, creating a bedroom, en-suite and walk in wardrobe. The project was ahead of schedule and on budget, the team could not have been better, nothing was too much trouble and the project ran like clockwork. From bespoke carpentry to designer tiles, nothing phased them and the results were fantastic. I am absolutely delighted with the result and cannot praise Adam and the team at Kingsmead high enough."
Jodie Barber
Verified Buyer
"A massive THANK YOU to Adam and his "dream team"at Kingsmead Conversions! We are over the moon with the result of our loft conversion and cant thank you all enough! What a great team to be proud of, your guys are polite and punctual and have done a fab job ???????? well done and thank you again. Jodie and Sam 16/02/2016"
Keely Henry
Verified Buyer
"We were very pleased we used Kingsmead to convert our loft into a bedroom. We were nervous about doing it as the roof height was quite low( in fact two companies said it couldn't be done). We looked at two properties that Kingsmead had converted with similar needs to ours. This instantly put our minds at rest. The work was completed in 8 weeks. The builders on site were extremely hardworking, happy and chatty. The plumber, electrician and plasterer were fantastic and gave lots of advice and made us feel they were at the end of the phone if we had any concerns. We are really happy with the end result and the extra room has had a massive impact on our family life. I would have no hesitation in recommending Kingsmead!"
"I have just had my loft converted by Adam and his team and I heartily recommend them. I asked a number of local companies to quote for converting my loft into a bedroom and bathroom for me but when Adam came to quote I knew he was the one I wanted to do the job, as he understood immediately what I wanted and offered me two well thought out plans for the space. He did not rush me and was happy to take as much time with me as I needed to work out my plans. I was nervous about choosing the right company ,here as well he was more than helpful and gave me the contact details of quite a few clients who I could speak with regarding his work.One very kind couple in MK invited me to view their completed loft and once I saw the quality of the work i knew that Kingsmead were who I would choose and I have certainly not regretted it . I am absolutely delighted with the conversion and they made it an absolute dream. All the team were extremely hard working ,more than polite, very respectful of my home and lovely from start to finish in fact a pleasure to have in my home!. My house was always clean when I arrived home each night and I never left worrying about what I would come home to, The work progressed quickly and was very well organised. Everything was dealt with in a professional manner. Everything I asked for I got and there was no issue with changing sockets or where a wall went at any stage. I was consulted about everything even to the point of sending me photos so that I could choose which option I preferred. The finished result is excellent and the price quoted was what I paid - no surprises. Adam and your team thank you so much I would have you do work on my house again in a heartbeat ,you are a great company and all of you a credit to it. If you are thinking of a conversion choose Kingsmead ,and prepare to be delighted : I am and happily recommend them. Gina from Northampton."
"We had a loft conversion (in summer 2015) consisting of 2 new rooms being created. We obtained a number of quotes and had some initial difficulty finding a builder that we had confidence in and a good gut feel about. As our house has trusts and is timber framed the work was more complicated than a normal conversion and some builders didn't give us the confidence that they would do a good job. We also had a deadline to work to as we just had another child and wanted to have this work completed this year so a room was ready for when the baby was old enough to move into it. My wife found this company on the internet so we asked them for a quote. We selected Kingsmead as the quote was reasonable and when discussing the job Adam's knowledge and experience gave us confidence that the work would be completed satisfactorily. All the staff that work for Adam were friendly and hard working and we had no issues at all. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a loft conversion, particularly if you have a timber framed house with trusts. We have been very pleased with the results:)"
Kingsmead Conversions Ltd is rated 5.00 based on 28 reviews