Imove International Removals Ltd Reviews

Windmill Road West
Sunbury on Thames
Middlesex

Tell us how Imove International Removals Ltd made you happy

"I was impressed by the communication. IMove dealt with all my queries and requests promptly and efficiently. The crew contacted me directly to advise on their arrival and kept to time. All together a good service and reasonably priced. Thank you."
"We recently used Imove International to move all of our household items from UK to Thailand, and found the entire process from initial quote to final delivery very easy. We had a sole use 20ft container, which was perfect for the contents of our 2 bedroom house. The chap who came to do the quote was able to reassure us that the container lorry would be able to reach our house ok, as that was one of our worries. The 2 man packing team arrived at 8:30am on the Thursday and set about wrapping and boxing everything. I can't speak highly enough about how hard they worked that day - it was virtually impossible to get them to stop for a tea break. The only thing it would have been useful to know in advance at that stage was that they wanted us to remove the pedals from our 4 bicycles, and turn the handlebars so that they were in line with the wheels, but it was sorted in a matter of minutes. The following day a 3 man team turned up and completed the packing. The lorry was due a 12:00, but in fact got delayed until about 3:00pm. As the weather was good, the lads moved everything out on to the front drive in the meantime, in order to make the loading faster. I had asked the neighbours to leave the communal parking area free for the day, which made it much easier for the lorry to manoeuvre when it arrived. The loading only took about 30 minutes, and we waved goodbye to our goods, en route to Felixstowe Docks. The thing that amazed me most was that there was not a single scuff mark left on the internal walls of our newly decorated house! Imove had provided us with a link to a web portal which had all the details of our shipment updated on it, including estimated arrival date in Thailand. It also included the name of the ship our container was on, and I was delighted to discover a web site (https://www.marinetraffic.com) where I could track it's progress in real time. (Note to Imove - perhaps you could add that link to your web portal?). About a week before it was due to arrive in Thailand the agent at this end contacted us and talked us through all the paperwork necessary for customs clearance at this end. The ship arrived exactly on schedule, and we visited the agent to drop off passports, ID cards, etc that they needed to clear the shipment with customs. That went very smoothly, and when we returned to the agent to collect our documents we got to meet the driver who was going to deliver the shipment to our house in northern Thailand - a 700km journey. Luckily I was able to give him our exact location on Google Maps, which avoided the hassle of trying to explain a rather obscure location. The lorry arrived exactly on schedule, at 8:30 on a Sunday morning, and again it only took the 4 lads about 30 minutes to unload it. They did offer to unpack everything and remove all the packing materials, but we declined that, as most of our stuff will probably remain in boxes for the next few months while we build a new house here. So, all in all it was a very simple process, and very professionally managed."
Dear Mr Clark,

Thank you so much for your Kind words, we really appreciate you taking the time to write such a detailed and lovely review. We are so pleased your international removal went like clock work particularly as you were moving so far from Bangkok. That can be a worry as the roads are not like the M25!!! We agree our packing teams here in the UK and delivery agents in Thailand are just fantastic and go the extra miles to assist our clients.

We hope your new house build goes very well and it won’t be too long before you are unpacking and settled into your new home.

We are sending you our best wishes and hope you and your family are very happy in your new home.
"The crew worked extra hard and returned on a Sunday to finish our packing. I can't thank them enough. Please feel free to select IMove with confidence. My bit of guidance or recommendation is to sort out the insurance ASAP."
Dear Mr Murray,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We are very happy that you were pleased with the packing service provided. We have taken on board your comments regarding the insurance policy and every client will be receiving an extra reminder to complete the form over and above the reminder sent with the booking/packing date confirmation. We appreciate that planning a move abroad will be a very busy time for most clients and a little extra reminder will not go amiss. We hope you are now settled in NJ USA wish you very good luck for the future.
"I couldn't recommend the IMove team more highly. They were responsive, answered our very many questions and on the day of move the packers were friendly and most importantly careful with our belongings. We've not yet received our shipment on the other side, but I've no doubt if they arrive with any damage it won't be because of anything done on the UK side of the process."
"Highly recommend IMove International Removals Ltd. used them to bring us out to Dubai and then back in recent years. Cracking service and helpful team in Dubai and in the UK who answered all queries. Great packers and shipment arrived near enough exactly when they said it would (luckily no hassle at customs). Happy to recommend. J-MC"
"I went to great lengths to explain to [Staff Member] about the access limitations to my house which wouldn't allow a large furniture truck. Even sent him photographs and guided him to find us on Google Earth. All to absolutely no avail, I might as well have been talking to the wall in the office, the notice he took. The company has refused to acknowledge my e-mails and calls since, and what is even worse, a couple of items got broken (which is why we pay insurance). They have refused to give me their Insurer's details... one has to wonder if the insurance funds were actually paid on by Imove. I am out of pocket by having to hire at very short notice, local transport to shuttle my stuff from the main trunk road up to my home. The actual movers who were sub-contracted by Imove could not have been more helpful, but the reality is no way could they get to my house with their Road-train truck. The IMove company is just a front desk, there is no substance behind it and the level of service once they have your money is diabolical. Trading Standards will be informed, certainly with regard to the apparent non-payment of the Insurance fee."
"All done exactly as discussed and price as quoted. Very quickly moved and all well packed and protected. All so easy."
"We were impressed with the service from the day we requested a quote and had a home visit to ensure everything was correct to packing the house and moving its entire contents to Lanzarote. All staff were polite , courteous , knowledgeable and professional in every way including the team that moved our contents in when on the island. I would have no hesitation in recommending your services to anyone. Stewart Wood - was Hertfordshire now the Canary Islands !!!"
"Big mistake to have used them. They Totally underestimated how much stuff we had and we ended up paying double of the quote! They are a third party company using a service of another company. I wish they had sent a surveyer to double check what was been quoted on to ensure the quote was accurate. I am still waiting for the break down of the extra charge although my move was almost 4 weeks ago and still no news. This is by far the worst moving company I have ever used! πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘Ž"
Dear Sir,

The removal quotation from Germany back to the UK was based on a list of items to be moved supplied by yourself. The volume calculator excel spread sheet totaled 900cuft/25.5 cubic meters. The calculator applies average volumes to the items in the list ie 3 seater sofa 60cuft, double bed 60cuft, bedside table 5cuft, and usually if fully completed and all items to be moved listed gives a very good indication of the volume of a move.

We based our quote on the calculator completed by yourself, so we did not in fact underestimate the volume of the goods to be moved, rather we based our quotation in good faith on a list supplied by you.

The volume collected was 54cubic meters which was over double the volume advised and quoted for. The charge was fully explained to you at the time of the removal when we established the final volume.

Our subcontractor went out of their way to get your house packed and moved in time, despite the extra packing and collecting from a 2nd floor which was also not advised or quoted for. They had to divert another truck and crew from Brunswick to assist with the packing and loading on day two.

We collected and packed in Hamburg on the 4th April, finished packing and the 5th April and delivery to your UK residence was on the 6th April, as far as we are aware with no damage.

On reviewing the facts surrounding your removals we believe your allegation of worst removal company is unsubstantiated.
yours sincerely
Imove International Removals
"sent goods over to my sister in Sydney, price was good service was quick, my sister said at the other end everything was fine"
"Moved to Madrid, one of the lower prices I had, nothing broken. Delivered within a week after holding it for me short term. Really pleased."
"Very simple and the guys excellent"
"Bad experience with iMove. They said we would need 2 extra men because of difficult access and unnecessarily charged us extra. But the men that turned up said no extra help was required. But Nikki didn't care and wouldn't refund us. This topped up an overall bad experience anyway. They (Nikki) did not once call to update us on where our goods were or to inform us of delivery date. I had to follow up each time and got canned and even rude responses to these queries. Would not use again."
"We used this company for our move from London to Auckland (NZ). The experience was really good at first, but when we received our boxes in Auckland, one was missing with parts for our baby's cot. At first they wouldnt want to hear anything as I didnt subscribe to an insurance (I didnt complain about the various things that arrived broken, but i thought delivering all the 25 boxes without missing one was the bare minimum we could expect from a moving company), I then had to escalate and speak to someone higher in the hierarchy, they first told me that they would cover the cost for replacing the cot...and then went silent. After 2 months I had to send them an email every week to have an update and it was always "we ll come back in a few days" (of course they did not) ... more than 2 months after my complaint (and 6 months after they collected the boxes in London to send them to Auckland) we are now left without a cot bed for our 10 month old baby and we have to buy another one for £300 as they cant replace the parts or even refund the cost. Needless to say that I am very disappointed, we paid top money for that move hoping it would go well but not only did they lose a box but the interaction to try and get a refund was very slow and painful. There are so many other moving companies, I would strongly advise to go with someone else."
"This company is SHOCKING. Lots of hidden costs - about £1000 - long delays and rude when they don’t ignore you. Which is most of the time. AVOID AVOID AVOID"
"I wanted to take a few items of new furniture to my house in Spain which I couldn't buy out there. As it wasn't a full move I needed a 'groupage' service. I had several quotes and whilst IMove was in line with the others on price more or less I chose them solely on the basis of their reviews. Whilst there were a few horrors they seemed to receive 5star reviews pretty consistently. There was one poor review in particular which concerned me so I asked Aaron what had happened and he was very happy to give me Imove's side of the story in detail. He came across as very open and transparent and I believed him. There are always 2 sides to a story so if you are thinking of using IMove and are concerned by a bad review my advice is ask them about it. Moving on Aaron and then Michaela were both superb. Professional but friendly and once I was committed Michaela kept in regular touch always updating me when she said she would and generally going the extra mile to keep me informed. The crews at both ends were also friendly, polite and treated my furniture with care. So all in all I would certainly recommend IMove and wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Thanks guys! Ros"
"superb quality service"
"Very professionnal job. Punctuality, efficiency and good care of removed items. Certainly to be recommended."
"Extremely disappointed, Please do not contract this company for your own safety. They deliver my stuff 6 weeks after collecting from UK to Spain. Some boxes were lost. All my furniture arrived badly damaged, every single piece, they treat my stuff as they were putting rubbish in a truck. Also, as I contract the service of packing, some jewellery that I left by mistake were taken from their cases and put the cases empty in the boxes. And my daughter's piggy bank was left empty and open! Very heartbroken for us. I requested and investigation of the team who collected the stuff but they haven't respond to me so far (3 weeks after delivery). So if you contract this company is under your risk."
"Friendly helpful staff, on time and good price."
Imove International Removals Ltd is rated 4.38 based on 94 reviews