Hedkayse Reviews

of reviewers recommend Hedkayse
Read Hedkayse Reviews

support@hedkayse.com

Loughborough University Science and Enterprise Park 5 Oakwood Drive

Have not received the helmet
Extremely pleased with the purchase. It is a really well made helmet and feels very safe, capable of taking multiple knocks too. The product is well finished, looks fantastic and has an excellent quick release chin strap too. All in all, a great purchase. Well done to the team at Hedkayse - it was definitely worth the wait.
Hi George Thank you for resolving our issue today, Dad and Donald will be so pleased to get to use their Head Kayse helmets. Thanks Olivia
A helmet that can honestly describe itself as “one size fits all” as it fits my 64 cm head which is 1.5 cm over its technical limit. It fits nice and snug and the Enkayse really does conform to your head. It looks neat, avoiding the “potty on your head” look. It is smart looking but not too sporty so it is perfect for pootling along. I have only been wearing it during cool weather and found it just right temperature wise. With all the testing the Hedkayse team have done I feel very confident that I am doing the most I can to protect my head. My wife thinks it has a lovely finish so top marks to the designer.
How about I receive my helmet first?
Nice helmet! Looks good and safe, swears comfortably despite of a relatively high weight and has an excellent adjustment system. Also very good communication during the crowdfunding project. Definitely recommended. I was just a bit disappointed about the level of folding. I thought I could flatten it out to the size of a pizza box but it folds both sides together. Much smaller than a regular helmet but still too big for my laptop bag and about the same size like other folding helmets. Maybe the next version takes the next step and tries out flattening instead of the current folding approach. Might require just more flexibility in the front part. I'm curious and looking forward to it.
Very pleased with helmet. Well made and should be robust.
Excellent for its basic function of protecting my head. I love the fact it can take a bit of accidental abuse and can be squashed down to fit in a bag. Well made with a good strap and clasp system; the best I've come across. Nice bold colours too. I have no regrets about buying it despite..... However, the big drawback is the sweaty inner surface. It came with 2 pathetic foam strips which fell out immediately. The ventilation is not as good as other types of helmet so its fine for gentle exercise but as soon as your head gets hot the sweat can't evapourate and runs down you face. It desperately needs a (replaceable, washable) absorbant liner. I have fashioned one out of an old helmet and some double-sided tape but I shouldn't have to do this for an expensive product.
My man was so excited with this concept product on Indegogo, or was it Kickstarter, and he truly believed in it, he backed it with 2 pledges. Even when the hiccups in the timeline appeared, he backed Hedkayse 120%. Then when the helmets finally arrived after so many delays, I could finally understand why. No other product has had that affect on me.
I bought a Hedkayse helmet because it is comfy, tough and reliable, there is already enough to worry about in life. I would hope riders value their safety and brains and get one too!
Was very easy to adjust and fit. Does fold fairly flat. Like the orange colour and it does have reflective markers on the sides
Sehr guter Helm, sieht gut aus, sitzt gut. Das Einstellen der Gurte war ein wenig fummelig. Bin sehr zufrieden.
Schön zu hören, dass Sie Ihren Hedkayse lieben EIN Helm und ich hoffe, Sie haben viele sichere Radtouren mit ihm
So great to finally receive my helmet after several years of anticipation whilst the design was tweaked and improved. Worth the wait! Fits comfortably, lovely blue colour, and feels ready sturdy and well made. The clips feel particularly well built and like they will last as long as the rest of the helmet! Love that I can drop it as much as I like and not have to worry. Thanks!
Hannah great to hear you love your Hedkayse | ONE. Thank you for your support and patience, we hope you enjoy many safe years of cycling.
5 years. Not even sure if I remember how to ride a bike at this point! ;)
Love my new cycle helmet. It's light, cmfortable and looks super cool.
Thanks Fergus, super cool review too🤗
Helmet was fiddly to adjust initially. Instructions aren't all that clear, and there is a strap that seems redundant as well as some pads. These aren't mentioned in the instructions. In use it feels heavy. On the plus side it seems to be well-made.
We're sorry to hear that you didn't find the fitting instructions clear. You can find additional information, including a video on our website here; https://www.hedkayse.com/pages/fitting-hedkayse-one Your safety is paramount to us so we would encourage you to get in touch to discuss the fitting as there should not be any spare straps. The spare pads are there to replace any wear and tear in the future or provide additional comfort should you need it. We look forward to talking to you and assisting you to get the most out of your Hedkayse | ONE🤗
First of all, I appreciate Hedkayse team's passion and loyalty to the backers. It's been a long journey to receive the helmet but they worked and communicated more than hard enough to convince most of their backer. And I'm very satisfied with the level of completion and the quality so far. Thank you team.
Thank you for your review, it's great to hear that our passion translates. We've worked very hard to reach this point and hearing your thoughts make it all worth it🤗 Enjoy🚲
Hedkayse did a great job in getting me a replacement helmet after the delivery company messed up. Much appreciated.
Like all one-size-fits-all products it doesn't quite work at the extremes. I have a hat size 58cm, and it's just a bit too small to be comfortable. In all other respects it's great - feels and looks a very high quality product with all the expected benefits. Postage? Just whack it in a brown paper bag and send it out - Love it! You are almost boastfully confident in your product, and justifiably so. Congratulations.
Clive thank you for the review, we take great pride in manufacturing a quality product. You mention that your hat size is 58cm and that the helmet feels less comfortable than expected..as the Enkayse™ material that lines the helmet warms up it does become more comfortable, (a bit like memory foam it will mould to your head shape) you may have already discovered this😃
Received my bike helmet today. Was a little tricky to adjust straps as they didn’t slide as easily as in the video but managed to get them adjusted ok, Very pleased with the helmet, nice and light, chin clip is very smooth and easy to use. Great job!
Really happy that you love your Hedkayse | ONE. Happy cycling😊🚲