Hedkayse Reviews

of reviewers recommend Hedkayse
Read Hedkayse Reviews

support@hedkayse.com

Loughborough University Science and Enterprise Park 5 Oakwood Drive

Love my new cycle helmet. It's light, cmfortable and looks super cool.
Helmet was fiddly to adjust initially. Instructions aren't all that clear, and there is a strap that seems redundant as well as some pads. These aren't mentioned in the instructions. In use it feels heavy. On the plus side it seems to be well-made.
First of all, I appreciate Hedkayse team's passion and loyalty to the backers. It's been a long journey to receive the helmet but they worked and communicated more than hard enough to convince most of their backer. And I'm very satisfied with the level of completion and the quality so far. Thank you team.
Well, didn't receive the helmet. Instead, the delivery company delivered two sweatshirts to me instead that said Mama on one, and Mini on the other one. How in the heck did that happen?!?!?!?
Like all one-size-fits-all products it doesn't quite work at the extremes. I have a hat size 58cm, and it's just a bit too small to be comfortable. In all other respects it's great - feels and looks a very high quality product with all the expected benefits. Postage? Just whack it in a brown paper bag and send it out - Love it! You are almost boastfully confident in your product, and justifiably so. Congratulations.
Clive thank you for the review, we take great pride in manufacturing a quality product. You mention that your hat size is 58cm and that the helmet feels less comfortable than expected..as the Enkayse™ material that lines the helmet warms up it does become more comfortable, (a bit like memory foam it will mould to your head shape) you may have already discovered this😃
Received my bike helmet today. Was a little tricky to adjust straps as they didn’t slide as easily as in the video but managed to get them adjusted ok, Very pleased with the helmet, nice and light, chin clip is very smooth and easy to use. Great job!
Really happy that you love your Hedkayse | ONE. Happy cycling😊🚲
Very long delivery time.
Nete we're sorry to hear that you feel the delivery was slow. European deliveries are estimated to arrive within 10-15 days using our tracked courier service and your made to order helmet delivery fell within the estimated timeframe🤗
VERY PLEASED WITH MY NEW HELMET, ONLY USED FOR ONE 30 MILE RIDE SO FAR FOUND THE CHIN STRAP A LITTLE UNCOMFORTABLE BUT THIS MAY IMPROVE WITH ADJUSTMENTS ,OVERALL VERY GOOD QUALITY FEEL ,LOOKS GOOD TOO
Peter great to hear you like your Hedkayse | ONE, we hope you've had a chance to use it a little more now and been able to adjust it to make it fit comfortably🤗 If you need any more info about fitting please see take a look here; https://www.hedkayse.com/pages/fitting
Having got a free bike light as a result of submitting a helmet review, and being impressed by it, I decided to purchase another. This light has both white and red on/flashing features so ideal to carry as a front/rear spare at this time of year. Great product!
James thank you for you're review, we hope you love your helmet as the lights!🙌🏻
I have received all 4 helmets & they are great & definitely worth the wait I'm very pleased with the quality & you have done a great job delivering this helmet, highly recommend it!
Thanks, Alistair, it's always great to hear good feedback. We hope you enjoy many years of safe cycling 🚴🏼‍♂️😊
Bit heavy but great for MTB in cooler weather. Good for Travelling with as it is robust. I hope it will justify it's price by lasting a long time!
Julian, we hope you're enjoying travelling with your Hedkayse | ONE, thank you for the review🙏🏻
I love my bright yellow hedkayse. It sits well, looks as if it is never going to break and makes me nicely visible when cycling at night. I haven't had much need for the folding functionality much - the main benefit of this helmet for me is the multi impact. One mildly annoying thing are the loose ends of the adjustment straps. While they do have a rubber loop to keep them tidy, mine always slip out and then dangle about. This is only the part to keep them tidy, not the part keeping the helmet safely on your head. Those rubber loops could be improved.
Hi Raphael, great to hear you are enjoying your Hedkayse | ONE, and thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve and will definitely keep you up to date with any changes we make in this area. Doubling the excess strap back under the rubber loops can help to keep them in place in the meantime.🤗
haven't received mine yet!!
Hi Andrew, we would like to apologise for the delay in fulfilling your order. We have now despatched your helmet and would like to apologise again for your long wait. We would love to hear from you when you receive your Hedkayse | ONE. info@hedkayse.com Kind Regards Hedkayse
Pluses: Well made, good looking, nice materials. The ratchet chin-strap with its easy adjustability is a HUGE improvement on normal straps. Minuses: not as initially comfortable as I had expected, the Enkayse material is pretty firm. That said, once I'm on the bike I forget about the helmet which probably means that it is moulding to my head as advertised. I have full confidence in my Hedkayse & no doubt it will be worn for years.
Thank you for your review, we love that you have discovered how the Enkayse™ moulds to provide a comfort-fit once it's been worn for a few minutes - we are also super proud of our chin strap!😊
I might grow to like the Hedkayse One, but I had to wait so long for it that I bought myself another helmet, which I prefer. The main problem with my Hedkayse One is that it is not the shape of my head! A round helmet fits my head; I do not have an oval head with a point at the front. I often wear a skull cap with earflaps, or a waterproof cap, underneath my helmet, and these make the Hedkayse more comfortable now that I've readjusted the straps. The folding facility does reduce its size somewhat, but I've already mislaid the strap that was provided to keep it 'folded'. When folded, it will fit in my saddlebag, which is handy. I wouldn't pay much for the Hedkayse, and I certainly wouldn't admit to anyone how much I did pay. I suppose if I regularly fell off my bike and hit my head the price of replacement standard helmets would eventually exceed the price of the Hedkayse, but I've not hit my head once yet. I am sorry my review is so negative, especially after 2-3 years of encouraging videos telling us about progress with design and manufacturing, but I don't feel I can recommend the Hedkayse yet.
Hi Ian, thank you for your feedback, we are disappointed that you don't feel your helmet has lived up to expectation. As an original Hedkayse supporter you are hugely important to us and we would love to help improve your experience. When you wear the helmet it will mould to fit your head, a bit like memory foam and therefore become more comfortable the longer it is worn, it will also take a lot of abuse too, so although you may not have a full impact (we hope you never have a crash obviously!) you can be sure that it will always be safe. We would love you to give your Hedkayse | ONE another chance and let us know how you get on. In the post is a replacement wrap-Strap and additional comfort pads with larger hook and loop dots to help out on your next ride🚲
I was disappointed with the helmet. It did not fold as small as I had expected and I found it difficult to fit.
Hi, Paul, we are sorry that the helmet hasn't lived up to your expectations. The helmet folds to at least 50% of its original width...don't be scared to apply some pressure, it can take it! If you need an additional Wrap-Strap to help keep it folded please let us know and we will gladly send one out.🙂
Lovely to have a British made product to protect me a little from the terrible British drivers! We are GB not London?
🤗We are very proud that our helmets are designed and manufactured in the UK so it's great to hear that it matter to you too Chris. Thank you
Where to start and what to say, maybe put simply - It is mega!
Great review ..We think it's mega too 🙌🏻
Now that's a review! We think it's 'Mega' too😊
Pretty dreadful. A heavy helmet. Doesn't fold - more of a 'squish' than anything - but worst thing is the pathetic foam pads on the inside to rest against your head! They're held on with sticky dots which you apply yourself and which then fall off! And if you try to wear it without the foam pads it's a sweaty nightmare of an experience... Not good!
We are sorry to hear you don't love you Hedkayse helmet, you're right it is heavier than a standard polystyrene helmet and that's because it's lined with our magical Enkayse™ that can take lots of abuse and still provide the ultimate protection over and over again. It does squish and can take it without any worrying about damaging it - the Wrap-Strap helps to keep it folded (squished!) We have upgraded our sticky dots and have sent you some along with a new Wrap-Strap too...We hope that you'll give your Hedkayse | ONE a second chance🤷🏼‍♀️🙏🏻 and let us know how you get on.🙂
I've been using my Hedkayse for a couple of months, and I'm absolutely certain it's the best and safest helmet I've ever tried. The adjustment straps are great, and the quick release tag is genius. It folds really well, although the included bag is way over the top for me. If I need to hold it in the folded position, I just use the chin straps over the top. My only downside was attaching my Zefal helmet mirror, because it's softer than a traditional helmet. I eventually found a way to cable tie it between the segments, but it was very fiddly. It would be great if that could be designed in. Mine is high-vis yellow and matches my jacket perfectly. That alone makes it safer, but as a cycle campaigner, I've looked hard at helmet safety, and this is far and away the safest helmet yet. I knocked myself out recently on a fall that smashed a polystyrene helmet, because there is no give at all - your brain has to decelerate over a millimetre or two. Encase foam has much more give, and increases the deceleration distance to a centimetre or two - that's up to 10 times less g force. And of course, a polystyrene helmet is finished after one use. I'm convinced!
Wilf great review thank you. You certainly know you're helmet safety - we'd love to hear more about your findings if you're happy to share?! info@hedkayse.com.
Hedkayse is rated 3.96 based on 27 reviews