Essential Data Recovery Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend Essential Data Recovery
"Very good professional service. The fixed price was well explained and I felt my questions and concerns were answered and dealt with very quickly and satisfactorily. Would definitely recommend to anyone who needs their services."
"Essential data recovery was actually the third company I sent my hard disk to for recovery. The first 2 I now know were in fact the same guy in Wales marketing himself as 2 different business's. After sending what must have been 20 emails requesting my drive back it finally materialised one day in the post loose in a box with no padding! and missing all of its casing and stickers. I sent "what was left" of my drive to Essential data recovery as a last ditch rescue attempt, they let me know the day they received it that it was obviously in a very bad way and would need so repairs before a recovery would be possible. They explained that the drive should be able to be repaired for £285 in addition to the quoted £165 they charge for the data recovery process. I am annoyed at myself for not doing my research on the first company properly before sending them my drive, as this ultimately nearly lost my data full stop! Thanks for rescuing my situation!"
"I dealt with a lovely lady called Sarah who kept me up to date from start to finish. After dropping my drive containing my whole business I was in a complete panic but this amazing company put me at ease and I had my data back in my hands 4 days later. I can't thank them enough!"
"Safed a family feud . Long story short my eldest son in all is wisdom used my daughters eternal drive to move movie files erasing the content in the process to use on his mac. After many tears / fights and quotes ranging from not possible to Re mortgage the house . Spoke to a young lady at essential and we had the data back the following week . Would recommend to any body and infect have . Thanks To every body at Essential Data Recovery"
"I run my own eBay business and recently used the services of Sarah @ Essential Data. I was originally put off by the negative reviews I came across on various review sites until I realised all of them seem to written by or mention by name someone called Toby. I phoned Sarah and spoke to her at length about my damaged My Passport drive as it contained 100,000 of my eBay product photos. She really calmed me down and reassured me. I sent my drive to her early this week and I am happy to say I received back yesterday a new USB external with all my photos back! Couldn't recommend enough!!!"
"Awesome service and great price considering I am pretty sure I know what equipment they use and how much it costs. Until the day we can justify the initial outlay in our own business we will keep sending our more difficult cases to Essential Data."
"I was genuinely surprised at how easy and hasle free it was getting the data recovered from the hard discs from one of our cmc gear machines. It was a shame the data had to be put on to a USB disc, but that’s technology for you. Don’t hesitate to use EDR!"
"I used their services earlier in the year when my back up drive wouldn’t work anymore. I found them to be quick, efficient and very knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend and use them again."
"I have sent what must be over 50 hard drives now to Essential Data for recovery, so would say I am qualified to write this review. I would say the overall success rate of them getting a full recovery of the client data was around 8 in 10. Of the remaining 2 that couldn't be recovered from we would usually have some options with regards to trying to repair them well enough to be recovered from. The time frames are pretty good, usually around the 3 maybe 4 day mark for normal stuff, maybe a bit longer for bigger drives I have found. The fixed prices for me personally are maybe a little too cheap if anything in some cases when you look at the time it takes to recover say 6TB of data from a damaged drive and maybe even put some people off. On the whole keep doing what your doing! Its great having someone to talk to about the technical problems whilst we have the client in front of us."
"My experience is exactly the same as the ones below. I paid about £200 for them to tell me it was too damaged and needed the clean room and after the clean room tell me it would be £80 for motherboard, £395 for new heads and another £120 for recovery with a 50% chance of recovery. I gave up on it and never expected to ever get my data back. Fast forward 6 months and I am lucky enough to end up in a relationship with a guy that owns a data recovery company. The mother board was broken. It should have been no more than the £80 for the motherboard and £120 for data recovery. It did not need a clean room and there was nothing wrong with the heads. My partner recovered all my data at the first step of their diagnostic process. He said it was a simple and most normal type of problem. This company are either incompetent or cowboys. I think it is more the latter. Avoid at all costs."
"They claimed £120 fixed fee and they can recover my data. They got the Hard drive and then said it needed to be opened in a clean room and the cost would be around £500. I told them to leave it and they returned my hard drive. I then took the hard drive to Cheadle Data recovery in Stockport who had a look at the hard drive. They told me what I had been told by Essential data recovery was a pack of lies. Cheadle Data recovery was able to recover the data without using a clean room at half the price quoted by Essential Data."
"I just want to echo Toby's comments. I sent my hard drive believing that I'll be made to pay a fix rate of £120+vat (if they could recover my data), which was far more attractive than what many other companies were asking for. After sending my email, I received a first email saying that my "hard drive was too damaged to be connected" to their data recovery imaging equipment and suggesting that it could be examine in their clean room chamber but that they would charge £55+vat "to produce a quote to repair your drive well enough to be connected to our data recovery equipment." So basically £55+vat to just get a quote. So much for their "no data, no fee" claim. I was reluctant but given that I had already sent my hard drive, I went ahead with it. A couple of days later I received another email with their quote: a total of £485+vat (including the £120 no data, no fee) to try to recover the data in my hard drive, with a 50% guarantee of success. In other words, if they were unsuccessful I would have been made to pay £365 + vat (in addition to the £55+vat already paid) and not recover any idea. Again they left me the choice to go ahead or decline and this time I asked them to return my hard drive (which they did - without charging me for the post). So they might be very competent in recovering data and my hard drive might have been too damaged (it was disconnected without being ejected) but I find their marketing strategy deceitful. I'd be interested to find out how many customers who have recovered their data have indeed pay £120+vat."
"They sell this as a £120+VAT Flat fee - it isn't. I believe the only time this fee would be charged is if the problem was something like a registry/boot error causing the PC not to start up. Anything over and above this will bring hefty Non-Refundable charges. After an initial check they informed me they would need to open the disk up to see what was wrong - a £55+VAT Non-Refundable Charge straight off the bat. Before proceeding I did ask for a ball park figure and was told could be between £50 and £800 - but it is rare for a disk to be that badly damaged that it would warrant £800 worth of work - so I went ahead. Guess what? The disk was very badly damaged and required £580+VAT worth of spares/work to even attempt to get the data off (@120+VAT) - which I was told would be 50/50 chance. This is for a disk that did nothing more than sit inside a PC as a storage disk - hadn't been in a flood or fire or explosion! Needless to say I didn't go ahead - and asked for my disks to be returned. Even this took a week as they reckon they were sent out and the post office returned them all to sender accidentally...yeah right - the packaging didn't show they had been through the postage system twice. If you ask me they probably outsource the clean room work and make their money on the easy fixes from non-tech savvy PC users. The data recovery service sector is a minefield - good luck!"
Essential Data Recovery is rated 4.66 based on 53 reviews