Debenhams Car Insurance Reviews

5% of reviewers recommend Debenhams Car Insurance

How would you rate Debenhams Car Insurance?

"Without a doubt the worst car insurance company I have dealt with - EVER. I took out car insurance, they took my money but when I called them to tell them I didn't have my documents they said my insurance was no longer valid because of an error in my application (there was no error in my application). I didn't get an email or a call to tell me about the error, so I was driving for a morning without insurance. I was so angry. I then spoke to a really rude customer service person who just didn't care about what had happened. I asked 'how could they treat customers this way?' and the representatives reply was 'mate, you're not a customer, we cancelled your policy'. Unreal! I then had to argue to get my refund. Would never go near this company again."
"Terrible service and disgusting corporate culture. This company never helped me with a third party claim and end up in increasing my premium and left a mark on my claim for a third party fault which was not even my Fault or never registered a claim even despite me calling them several times."
"I have just changed the address on my car insurance with Debenhams and they charged me £35 to do it myself online!!! how cheeky is that. It's £50.00 if you do it over the phone. I was thinking of moving to this property a year ago checked it with my previous insurer and it came to 65 in total including admin fee not £115.74. They are a complete rip off don't use them!!!!!!"
"Appalling customer service. We cancelled our policy due to an error when getting the quote and the final price being higher than a competitor and despite being difficult they advised that the policy would be cancelled. After no money was returned we contacted them again to be told it would take 28 days to make the refund! Regardless of price I would never go with them again."
Daniel Downs
Verified Reviewer
"I got my car insurance on the 20/02/18 I had to pay £96 for the first deposit they cancelled my policy on the 20/3/18 and they did not contact me and let me know the way I knew is because I've got stopped by the police saying I have no car insurance I phone them up and ask them why they said the phone me text me sent me an email or a letter through the post which they didn't this is the worst ever company I wouldn't even rate in one star not worth it for a big company Debenhams they tried to take more money out of me to get my car insured all I'm going to say don't use this company they can go and suck a fat one it's disgusting"
"They just cancel my policy and i lose all the premium, 700 pounds, acusing me of fraud.Its they word against your word, but your money. What can i say.... never again i whant to hear about them. Dont insure with them.....because you gonna remember my words when you gonna lose your money."
"Don’t even deserve 1 star stay well clear call centre based abroad and lines break up very conveniently when they don’t want to listen to you and are the most rudest people I have ever spoken to. I cut short my insurance that I had paid a annual lump sum for as I do not trust them and lost a lot of money but glad to be away from this sham of a insurance company. Shame on Debenhams who let these crooks trade under your name."
"Eldon Insurance needs to stop treating their customers like S**t! I have gone to another Insurer now, so glad to be free of them. zero out of ten."
"It's taken over a month to sort a claim - I'm still waiting to get it fixed and they keep asking for info I've given several times. Useless."
"To be honest they don't even deserve 1 star. I have just got off the phone with one of their car insurance customer service team. I asked whether the lady could send me a copy of my insurance certificate, she didn't listen, asked me what I wanted and in a tone that left me stunned. She was rude and abrupt and acted as if I was an inconvenience. When I said that I felt she was being abrupt her response was 'that's just the way I talk'. I have never been happy with the level of customer service but today was the final straw. They have no attention to detail and have repeatedly chased me up for documents they had already received. I'm taking my insurance somewhere else. Do not use Debenhams car insurance unless you enjoy interacting with rude people."
"received qoute through gocompare where under driver details it only allows you to choose 20+ years for number of years license held - ive held license for 23 years. explained this to the agent & as they had to 'rerate' the policy, increased the price by £158.00 so i'm deemed a safer & more experience driver, yet i'm being quoted a higher premium. service itself is extremely poor. you get the distinct impression that the person you're speaking to has no intention of making things easy for you & they know how bad things are. I actually went back to Admiral, my previous insurance company & agreed for a premium of £200.00 higher as the agent was welcoming & actually wanted my business."
"Rude and incompetent customer services. Took 5 phone calls to change my car. They couldn't find it on their system so basically accused me of purchasing a car that was not registered with the DVLA - had to email them the V5. Now five phone calls later, after emailing an insurance certificate with my previous car on it they are having to go through the whole process again (and it's cost me a £50 admin fee)!! It shouldn't be this complicated to change a car. Will never use again!!! Avoid at all costs!"
FERAHNAZ ULUSOY
Unverified Reviewer
"They are a very bad and I wouldn§t recommend it to anyone"
"4 months of absolute disorganised and incompetent conduct from moment of claim, i wish i had gone for a competent insurance broker."
"£50 just to change my addressee shocking"
"Do not buy from this company. Had car insurance through Debenhams car insurance the previous year. i reported a claim on November 10th 2017 to debenhams and to the underwriter as well. claim was easy no problems car was sorted and back within 20 days. had my renewal quote through on 14th December 2017 and was pretty reasonable so decided to keep with them. paid renewal price as renewal was due on 7th January 2018. again no problem Debenhams took payment. 3 days later i get an email saying that they were going to increase my premium by £233.78 because i had an undisclosed claim. Pointed out to them that could not be possible as i reported it to both Debenhams and underwriter in November. They admitted it should take 24-48 hours to appear on there system!!! i have been arguing the point i should not pay the increase because they had 34 days prior to my renewal letter being issued and a further 24 days from renewal invitation to policy renewal date to update their systems and to advise me of the increase. Basically what they have done is wait until i have paid the initial premium and then added extra. i have been fighting now to either pay my original premium or get a full refund as their policies state you have 14 days so called cooling off period. they only offered me a partial refund. decided enough is enough as i have spent 5 hours on the phone to them arguing my point... currently taking the matter further and i can see that i will have to go to the Insurance ombudsman to get full resolution. Avoid Avoid Avoid these scamming B*****ds."
"They use Eldon as for their claims who are terrible and never get back to you. They say they couldn't get through to the person trying to claim against me but as soon as I called I got straight through. They don't follow up or let you know what is happening."
Unhappy Customer
Unverified Reviewer
"Absolutely terrible. Poor customer service with incompetent staff, and a complaints department who are so unbelievably inept, it makes one wonder how people like that get through the day alive. From what I understand, the name of the insurer is actually Eldon Insurance. If you want to save your sanity and time, avoid this insurer at all costs and go elsewhere."
"It is the worst car insurance I have ever had to deal with, NOT clear to customer what are charges and fees, if you want to modify to your details or add, change new car will be fee of £50 if you do it online still £35 charge, customer service below standards, they don’t give all explanation you need, PLEASE DO NOT GO WITH THEM, if you do make sure you have plenty of money and all details you need"
"I think your insurance company trying everything not to replace my iPhone x and in the policy there is nothing saying you don’t pay if there is no sim card on the device! It is a insurance for my gadget not for my sim card! This happen first time in my entire life and it is very good to see how dodgy company is this! I am very disappointed with service they dont replace the phone because there is no sim card in my phone"
Debenhams Car Insurance is rated 1.25 based on 189 reviews