Debenhams Car Insurance Reviews

5% of reviewers recommend Debenhams Car Insurance
1 New Reviews Written
12PM
12PM

About Debenhams Car Insurance: With a range of cover to suit your individual needs that come with more as standard - there has never been a better time to get covered with Debenhams Travel Insurance. Prices start from under £5 for a single trip and under £30 for annual cover. Features include: Unlimited medical expenses cover available Cover of up to £2,500 for personal belongings, plus up to £500 for your cash Over 40 adventure sports covered FREE cover for your kids* All annual policies include winter sports cover as standard *Up to three under 18s per insured adult.

customerservices@debenhamstravelinsurance.com

Categories:
Car Insurance
Finance & Insurance

Tell us how Debenhams Car Insurance made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
"Trying to obtain an insurance green card for a couple of EU Trips in the future - nobody at the insurance company seems to ever want to help (tried three times now) - going abroad in May and they can't seem to be bothered to process any kind of paperwork to get the green card sorted in advance, just keep telling me to ring back closer to the time and get annoyed when asked if there's anything we can do now to make sure I don't forget closer to the time - proper cowboys at work here - take your money then don't want to help in any way!"
Are you Debenhams Car Insurance? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Very dodgy company,the worst insurer i have ever delt with. They quoted me £839.50 which wasn't too bad to be honest,but when I checked my renewal documents there was what I thought then a simple error. They claim My no claim discount was reduced because of a minor incident which I have reported as notification only and no claims were made. After a few phone calls they managed to find out from claims department that I didn't make any claims and my no claim discount shouldn't have been reduced. Now they have fixed it and sent me a new renewal for £1983.90. So £839.50 when they thought i have made a claim and £1983.90 when they realised that I didn't 🤔"
"Debenhams Car Insurance made me very happy and I love them near 1 years all my freind and familly said best and helpfull company very very good company I thank you Debenhams Car Insurance I AND ALL MY FRIEND AND FAMILLY GIVE YOU 5 STAR"
"Worst car insurance company I've encountered in 15 years of driving. Initially attracted by low price, as most are. The company took money without issue. Two days after the policy had started, the company asked me to provide an utterly ridiculous number of documents: proof of occupation (payslip or headed letter), proof of address (utility bill), copy of log book, copy of front and rear of driving license, driving license check code and proof of NCD. When the insurance term was coming to an end I rang approx one month in advance because I didn't want it automatically renewed - I was told that a note was going to be put on my file. The company then contacted me three times by telephone and three times by email, in order for me to inform them each time that I did not wish for my insurance to be renewed. No surprises - they renewed it anyway and debited my account. When I contacted them in order to demand an immediate refund they actually obliged."
"Scammers. Con artists. Dodgy and unfriendly. After finding the quote and accepting the quote and paying a deposit. I was then asked to email and send a check code so they could go over my driving license summary. I then received an email within 10 minutes telling me they had found a conviction (which I had already put on my quote) and were adding a fee of £595 to my premium and a £50 admin fee. I then rung up and received no help and they carried on lying saying I had never entered my conviction when I had proof that I had. I now have to pay £75 to cancel and the other ‘fees’. This company should be shut down"
"Avoid at all cost taken out my first policy I were told my first payment will be due first week of April creation finance told me that there is nothing that they can do. They tried to take the payment 1 week of March and also again the second week of March which has now had a negative impact against my credit file I have requested a copy of the call recording not a transcript which they have failed to do so?!!?"
"I've wasted enough time so I'm just going to say....appalling!!!"
"Cancelled policy and was told to wait 28 days for a refund; 28 days later and still no refund."
"Been with them a few years never had a problem so far anyway and price is good"
"The worst car insurance company. I had to cancel my policy and they ask me to contact go skippy. Cost me 230GBP to cancel, of course I received a bill for all of this with ridiculous fees to diferent companyes who are intermediars. Enjoy doing bussines like this based on "cancellation fees" !"
"Had to cancel my policy through one error and the fact they were wanting an additional £863 more for my policy also took 4 days to tell me about this so I had to pay for the four days and a cancellation fee as I was not willing to pay the addition £863 when my policy originally fully paid was just over £600 then to be told it takes 28 for a refund... only takes them all of two sencond to take you money but 28 days to return it.... horrible customer service would never return!"
"I contacted them to cancel my insurance after I have read the reviews, and also selling my car, baring in mind I cancelled my insurance 2 days after taking out policy they are wanting to charge me a cancellation fee even though i was still in the cooling off period they weren't helpful either in the phone saying if I wanted to cancel I would need to email them, as they could not help me over the phone, it's been over a week now and they said they were would issue me a refund and still haven't received it. A bit appalling that no one can help."
"Beware of the £50 gift card for joining as you will need to chase them to get it (I had to tell their call centre what the issuing conditions were from the website, as they gave me a tall tale about another 90 days to wait). And after moving home halfway through the policy, I thought £50 was a bit excessive to amend the details on my policy."
"has to be the worst company I have ever dealt with. They rob money from you with there delay tactics!! No customer phone line, no hotline number to call !! They cancelled my policy while I was abroad without enough notice to rectify my licence summary. I tried to contact them but there is no number to contact so you have to email with a 24 hour reply. Absolutely useless, they have left me stranded and my left my family at risk!!!!"
"Awful charges for simple changes e.g. Fifty pounds for a private reg plate change!"
"Absolute rubbish. Took a policy out and realised there were two minor changes that were required before the policy was due to start. They had the date I passed my driving test wrong and although I have maximum no claims my previous insurer only shows this as 9 plus years I said that this also needs amending from 10 years to 9 this created a huge amount of confusion, the woman on the phone didn’t have a clue. This information was provided from a price comparison website. I will always double check the information which they pass over. But apart from these very small changes they totally re quoted the policy and it was almost £200 dearer. I cancelled the policy within 30 minutes of taking it out and they said I still have to pay £25 admin charges. Please avoid at all costs."
"Took out insurance for my car with Debenhams who’s finance is delivered through Alden insurance via a company called Creations. No issues on the phone. Took it as it was one of the least expensive. Cancelled within the 14day cooling off period and had the excess we owed refunded back to us fairly promptly. What has happened worthy of the 1star review is that the first month’s direct debit was processed before we cancelled (I’m sure this is just a standard protocol, nothing dodgy). Said direct debit then came out of my account on 3rd January. Over £100. I have called Debenhams/Aldens four times since that date to chase up my refund of this money. Last week on 10th Jan I was told there was a back log over the festive period (third phonecall - getting frustrated now) so I was asked to be patient by a lady called Kim who assured me that the refund will be processed and that it should be with me by the latest of 16th January. Today is that day and no cash. I have called Debenhams/aldens again and been advised I need to speak to creation now to which through gritted teeth I obliged. Creation had no communication from Debenhams with instruction to perform a refund. Nothing. Now I have to wait another 3-5working days for my money to allegedly be returned to me via creation. This could be up to 20 days since my money was taken. It’s complete BS. I would not recommend Debenhams as an insurance broker if you paid me to. AVOID AT ALL COSTS."
"Worst ever be careful....Charged £340 to cancel car insurance which is eight times higher what other companies charge and when asked for explanation all they said was Debenhams works differently...the only thing they work differently is in bad way and charge you more to make money out of you. All other companies charge under £50 to cancel car insurance."
"After they cancelled my policy (within one week) due to the named driver I added licence was going to expire within the policy dates, they sent me a letter saying it will be cancelled, on the day of cancellation they still took a direct debt out of my account and are now refusing to refund it, by this point I had already got another policy from else where, so now I have ended up having to pay for to lots of insurance in one month and to top it off they also want £89 for a cancellation fee! How can they get away with this, the company are complete rubbish and should not be allowed to do this, EVERYONE STAY WELL CLEAR OF THEM AND DO NOT BUY THERE INSURANCE"
"Absolutely terrible customer service. Happened to check my bank account and appears they took the full premium of nearly £500 off my credit card twice! No explanation, no apology and very bad customer service when I phoned to sort it out. The money is being refunded - but a very bad start!"
Debenhams Car Insurance is rated 1.23 based on 254 reviews