Debenhams Car Insurance Reviews

5% of reviewers recommend Debenhams Car Insurance

How would you rate Debenhams Car Insurance ?

Jasob Phippen
Verified Reviewer
"shockingly bad company to deal with. Terrible customer server"
"I used a comparison website for quotes for my car. Debenhams came back as the cheapest for £130 a month with a £180 upfront payment. I paid the payment and set up the policy. A week later a receive a letter saying they can not set up a direct debit so require me to set up a 6 month payment plan instead paying £260 a month with another £280 deposit. I couldn’t afford that and my car was only worth £300 I couldn’t justify the cost. They told me if I do not pay this then they will cancel the policy and I will be charged £35. I cancelled and have since received a letter saying I owe them £259! When calling the customer service the man was rude, sarcastic and made me feel idiotic when no other company has had issues setting up a direct debit with me. They are a scam company, giving false quote so they can then charge people without have to cover them!"
"My advise to these complaints is write to trading standards and the FCA ,if either of these company's have enough complaints thay would investigate these problems people are experiencing,also write to watch dog"
Very Annoyed Customer
Verified Reviewer
"I cannot believe how poor this company are. The customer service representative on the phone was appalling. Due to no error of our own they cancelled our policy. We had already paid in full. They charged us for the cancellation of the policy and said it would be 28 days until we receive a refund!! DO NOT GO NEAR THEM!!!!!"
D. Nicholl-Collins
Verified Reviewer
"If there was less than one star I would give that. Very poor customer service. When cancelling my policy, I was told there would be £75.00 cancellation fee, which I was fine with, however, when I received a letter stating my final amount due, this was over £250.00. I complained and there was an internal investigation and their staff had given me the wrong information on the cancellation phone call. I would not have cancelled early had I known about the extortionate fees. Essentially. Stay clear!! They are far too expensive and have extremely bad customer services department. If you are going to cancel, then make sure they tell you all of the fees as they did not tell me. I am still awaiting compensation."
"I've just received this from them with no explanation as to why i owe it, i certainly won't be paying it. Kindly settle the additional premium of 179.92 which includes the Insurance Premium Tax and our £50 administration fee as stated on the Terms of Business before the 11/05/2018."
"Just abysmal. No other word for it. Attempted for four weeks to get proof documentation to them and was bounced from person to person, always with a new request for documents. Eventually cancelled after 4 weeks of no joy and was sent a bill for £181, and advised this was being transferred to a debt collection agency. No breakdown of bill, no description of what for, just £181 and debt collection. Tried for 2 weeks to get through to speak to someone and no further forward, Utterly awful. Avoid, avoid, avoid."
"I had my car insurance with Debenhams. They are absolutely abysmal!!! When you call them with any questions or queries, you just shot around from place to place with long waiting times, nobody seems to want anything to do with you! The staff that i spoke to seemed undertrained, they basically offered no information of value whatsoever. They could not of been any less helpful! Now they are trying to penalize me for a mistake on their end! Absolutely shocking customer service. Do your blood pressure a favor and go elsewhere....literally anywhere else!"
"Debenhams car insurance is a place where we wear hats on out feet and shoes on our heads. Please contact our main office that is based on the moon. I would rather stick hot poker's in my eyes than deal with this abomination of a company for one more second. Worst company for anything that I have every dealt with in my life"
"Without a doubt the worst car insurance company I have dealt with - EVER. I took out car insurance, they took my money but when I called them to tell them I didn't have my documents they said my insurance was no longer valid because of an error in my application (there was no error in my application). I didn't get an email or a call to tell me about the error, so I was driving for a morning without insurance. I was so angry. I then spoke to a really rude customer service person who just didn't care about what had happened. I asked 'how could they treat customers this way?' and the representatives reply was 'mate, you're not a customer, we cancelled your policy'. Unreal! I then had to argue to get my refund. Would never go near this company again."
"Terrible service and disgusting corporate culture. This company never helped me with a third party claim and end up in increasing my premium and left a mark on my claim for a third party fault which was not even my Fault or never registered a claim even despite me calling them several times."
"I have just changed the address on my car insurance with Debenhams and they charged me £35 to do it myself online!!! how cheeky is that. It's £50.00 if you do it over the phone. I was thinking of moving to this property a year ago checked it with my previous insurer and it came to 65 in total including admin fee not £115.74. They are a complete rip off don't use them!!!!!!"
"Appalling customer service. We cancelled our policy due to an error when getting the quote and the final price being higher than a competitor and despite being difficult they advised that the policy would be cancelled. After no money was returned we contacted them again to be told it would take 28 days to make the refund! Regardless of price I would never go with them again."
Daniel Downs
Verified Reviewer
"I got my car insurance on the 20/02/18 I had to pay £96 for the first deposit they cancelled my policy on the 20/3/18 and they did not contact me and let me know the way I knew is because I've got stopped by the police saying I have no car insurance I phone them up and ask them why they said the phone me text me sent me an email or a letter through the post which they didn't this is the worst ever company I wouldn't even rate in one star not worth it for a big company Debenhams they tried to take more money out of me to get my car insured all I'm going to say don't use this company they can go and suck a fat one it's disgusting"
"They just cancel my policy and i lose all the premium, 700 pounds, acusing me of fraud.Its they word against your word, but your money. What can i say.... never again i whant to hear about them. Dont insure with them.....because you gonna remember my words when you gonna lose your money."
"Don’t even deserve 1 star stay well clear call centre based abroad and lines break up very conveniently when they don’t want to listen to you and are the most rudest people I have ever spoken to. I cut short my insurance that I had paid a annual lump sum for as I do not trust them and lost a lot of money but glad to be away from this sham of a insurance company. Shame on Debenhams who let these crooks trade under your name."
"Eldon Insurance needs to stop treating their customers like S**t! I have gone to another Insurer now, so glad to be free of them. zero out of ten."
"It's taken over a month to sort a claim - I'm still waiting to get it fixed and they keep asking for info I've given several times. Useless."
"To be honest they don't even deserve 1 star. I have just got off the phone with one of their car insurance customer service team. I asked whether the lady could send me a copy of my insurance certificate, she didn't listen, asked me what I wanted and in a tone that left me stunned. She was rude and abrupt and acted as if I was an inconvenience. When I said that I felt she was being abrupt her response was 'that's just the way I talk'. I have never been happy with the level of customer service but today was the final straw. They have no attention to detail and have repeatedly chased me up for documents they had already received. I'm taking my insurance somewhere else. Do not use Debenhams car insurance unless you enjoy interacting with rude people."
"received qoute through gocompare where under driver details it only allows you to choose 20+ years for number of years license held - ive held license for 23 years. explained this to the agent & as they had to 'rerate' the policy, increased the price by £158.00 so i'm deemed a safer & more experience driver, yet i'm being quoted a higher premium. service itself is extremely poor. you get the distinct impression that the person you're speaking to has no intention of making things easy for you & they know how bad things are. I actually went back to Admiral, my previous insurance company & agreed for a premium of £200.00 higher as the agent was welcoming & actually wanted my business."
Debenhams Car Insurance is rated 1.24 based on 198 reviews