Debenhams Car Insurance Reviews

Debenhams Car Insurance have a Customer Happiness Grade of C-. Customers are happy with their prices and customer service but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

5% of reviewers recommend Debenhams Car Insurance
00AM
12AM

customerservices@debenhamstravelinsurance.com

Categories:
Finance & Insurance
Car Insurance

Telephone, Live Chat, Email

How would you rate Debenhams Car Insurance ?

"Charged extra £250 as i applied for a insurance and mentioned as licensed has one year as i had 14 days left to complete one year because of just 14 days gap on my driving licence they charged £250 plus... I don't mind to charge but they should cancel the policy without the xyz fees.."
"#######DO NOT USE####### They are the worst company to deal with, they just keep you on hold for ages, also they draw you in with a cheap price, hence why I went with them and because I mad a mistake with when I got my driving license by a year they Tripled the quote, but I had to go with it as I was running out of time, I asked to speak to a manager but was told non were available and either I had to pay it or get off the phone!!! I then payed it and then a few week later I had to ring back to change my address as I was moving 0.5 miles up the road, they charged me a £55 charge and when I queried it and got a little bit irate they put me on hold they put it upto £70 as they claimed they forgot to put a handling charge on! I spoke to a manager who was also very rude who said he would get rid of the other £15 charge.So I am 3 months into my policy and I need to cancel my policy as I have been promoted In my job and have received a company car as a benefit, I ring up and I tell them my situation, they say it’s a £75 cancellation charge, which is very heavy but I accept as I can’t wait to get rid of this horrible company who have taken lots of unneeded money from myself.She put me on hold again and said she needs to check some details, after another 15 minutes of waiting HALLELUJAH she finally back and then informs me the grand total will be £321 to cancel my insurance, I nearly keeled over in shock, I payed it as I can’t wait to get rid of this horrid company out of my life! I am posting this so hopefully it stops decent hard people like myself getting ripped off! Avoid like the plague, I actually hope this company gets bankrupt! Good day!!!"
"Worst insurance ever , I’d given one star if I could .put a accident through as my fault that I never claimed liability for knew nothing about this accident until I went to renew my car insurance and the price had jumped up by £2000 plus , they took years of my no claims even though they was protected and paid the other driver over £10.000 . I’m damages even though I had a picture (dash cam)of the other car with not a scratch on it they had to send some one out to inspect my car and was told there was no way my car caused any damage and the other driving turnt out smashed up the back of his own car just to make a claim .thank god I had a dash cam this all could of been avoided if they asked for an accident report of me and if I had a dash cam etc . The stress this has caused me when it could have so simply been resolved but they didn’t follow the right protocol"
"Absolute emombination in terms of organisation, I have never been asked for so much proof of identity and other things id never even heard of in my life, due to mistakesI ended up paying for two ammendments and should only of payed for one. I picked debhenhams orginally because they were cheap than my previous provider but with all the addisional coat I ended up paying more!"
"Used a comparison website, I then called direct to speak about the policy. Changed the start date by 1 day, line went dead I was called back and told they would t insure me now. Joke company . Joke customer service."
"TOTAL SCAM GoSkippy/Eldon/Debenhams car insurance is a SCAM!!! I had my insurance with them for 21 days. Paid £157 upfront, £75 deposit and £75 first months premium. Cancelled the insurance on the 21st day and now they want to charge me another £120 to cancel the insurance. Thats £270 to cancel my insurance which I held for 21 days. Tried to speak to a manager but was told there are no managers, none of the staff is helpful, nor do they know what they are doing. Was told "goskippy is a business and we are here to make money and that I'd still have to pay all these charges even if the policy lasted the whole 12 months". Literally a ripoff. I don't understand how is it that these scam companies are allowed to continue to trade. SCAM SCAM SCAM. Beware do not be fooled by their low premiums on any comparison site!!! ABSOLUTE SCAM"
"when ringing to query a change in price on a new policy, (increase of over £1000 for changing the start date by 2 days). The person was extremely rude when I asked why the change in price was so extremely rude, they stated that "well you can see it with your eyes in front of you". this is completely unexpectable and disgusting customer care! Never shall they be used again!"
"I tried to set up my insurance with them and I had paid for the whole year. They asked my for my No Claims, Driving License and Driving Summery. I send everything via email then a few days later they send me an email saying they are going to cancel my insurance because of an issue with my No Claims Discount."
"I have had an accident and cannot get intoutch with anyone to make my claim or change my policy"
"refused a quote because i held my provisioal longer than my full license. very rude and not at all helpful, stay away from this rip off company"
"Charge you for everything that changes and very snotty on the phone"
"Received a message the day after my insurance expired telling me that auto renew had failed meaning that I had been driving uninsured. When I called them to renew I was told it was my fault for not answering my phone which I didn't because the call was showing as Go Skippy and spam. Dreadful maybe cheaper than others but not worth the risk"
"Just called them to change the details of the Car as we had just sold the previous one. The new car we were insuring is only 2 years old compared to the 11 year old one we previously had insured. They told me the charge to change the Car was £431! Asked them to calculate the cost to cancel policy and they said if I cancel by midnight tonight (30/07/2018) and still paid the monthly premium on the 2nd August the cancellation would cost £406 so actually cheaper than changing vehicle details! We've only had the policy for two months! I've deal with Debenams before and it just sounds like most high street stores turned insurance brokers, they are just trying to extort their customers. Oh yes also if you want to change your address online they charge you £70!"
"HI FRIENDS PLEASE PLEASE NEVER USE DEBENHAMS PRODUCTS I LOST SO MUCH OF MONEY THEY CHARGE FOR NOTHING AND NEVER ANSWER FOR OUR MAILS WHY DID THEY CHARGE IF IT LOOKS CHEAP BUT LATER THEY CHARGE TOO MANY THINGS"
"Absolutely disgusting I've used them all the time and when had to cancel because sold car I got hit with a 163 pound bill nearly half of my annual fee avoid this company at all costs hidden fees galor"
"i had the worst customer service experience of my life with these clown two years ago to the day, it's still so fresh im my mind that I came back to see if the reviews are still as bad - and they are. Don't be fooled into thinking they have anything to do with the high street Debenhams as they don't and the proper Debenhams will not even discuss complaints against the insurance broker who trades under this name. The whole thing is a disgrace and I'm amazed that this hasn't had more publicity. I'd pay double any premium they offered to insure with someone else. Please take notice of this and AVOID."
"Worst company I've ever dealt with, doesn't even deserve 1 star. Avoid at all costs."
"I just had a quotation online and paid for it so far so good no problems at all"
"ABSOLUTELY DONT GO NEAR THIS COMPANY, the charges are absolutely disgusting at £50 for each change to documentation. I changed my car but had to wait for a registration change due to a private number plate. Although I told them they said I would have to pay 50 pound then after the change another 50, obviously I told them where they could poke that then to be told it would cost me 70 to cancel. I obviously cancelled with 2 months to go on my previous paid premium and was told they could not give me a figure over the phone of what I owed after deducting my premium off the 70 pound cancellation. Now I know why! They just sent me a bill for not 70 minus my 2 months remaining premium! Oh no! They want 238 pound from me with no explanation of why or how they have come to this figure. My full year was only 319 paid upfront! This is bordering on a scam. To be honest I would not deal with any company linked to Debanhams including the shop after this. Absolutely disgusting way to treat people by a trusted household name!"
"shockingly bad company to deal with. Terrible customer server"
Debenhams Car Insurance is rated 1.24 based on 217 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!