Debenhams Car Insurance Reviews

4% of reviewers recommend Debenhams Car Insurance
02AM
2AM

About Debenhams Car Insurance: With a range of cover to suit your individual needs that come with more as standard - there has never been a better time to get covered with Debenhams Travel Insurance. Prices start from under £5 for a single trip and under £30 for annual cover. Features include: Unlimited medical expenses cover available Cover of up to £2,500 for personal belongings, plus up to £500 for your cash Over 40 adventure sports covered FREE cover for your kids* All annual policies include winter sports cover as standard *Up to three under 18s per insured adult.

customerservices@debenhamstravelinsurance.com

Categories:
Finance & Insurance
Car Insurance

Tell us how Debenhams Car Insurance made you happy

Telephone, Live Chat, Email
"Sold my car and then wanting to charge me 50 fiance setup 142.99 brokers fee 75.00 cancellation fee Disgusting"
Are you Debenhams Car Insurance? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Debenhams Car Insurance receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Not happy at all Sent me a letter to say they were cancelling my car insurance Called them and was told they should not have sent the letter Get your facts right guys TUT TUT TUT"
"I was told that I would get £50.00 Gift voucher if I purchase Car insurance from Debenham, I purchase as they said but I did not get anything at all. Over the year I called them more than 10 times each time they said, they would call back but never got call back, so not trustworthy Now I cancelled my car insurence from them today."
"this debenhams car insurance i think they are LOW LIFE SCAMMER AND THIEF"
"Rubbish will never use them again. Charge extra for moving house and also if you amend any details by phoning £50 and online £35 plus up to £80 plus if you park on drive double price. Poor customer service all round. All these extra charges and nothing stating these costs to clients before hand... rip off."
"NEVER AGAIN WILL I USE THESE CHARLATANS Paid my deposit & a day later had a email asking for a code off the DVLA site so that they could check my driving licence summary (never had this happen with any other insurer ever) Got the code & less than 24 hours later was hit with another email telling me they were charging me £62 because I had made an error on my application, I had put the length of years I had my licence out by one year (a genuine mistake) I have never had this problem with anyone else, even after making a claim with another company a few years ago I'm 44 years old! I WOULD HAVE LEFT 0/5 RATING IF I COULD This company are scammers, just look at nearly every review on here"
"Wouldn't even give one star worst car insurance company ever stay away been with them 3 week tried to cancel but want 75 pound cancellation fee which can't afford as paid per month rip off from the start don't be tricked with there low prices"
"DO NOT USE - Worst customer service I have ever received. Very unclear when the policy was taken out as to additional things that needed to be completed. My father is 72 and not computer literate. I was sent an email and responded with an option that was offered to me on the email. My fathers policy was then cancelled as they claimed the option they offered me was not an option. Absolute disgrace having taken my fathers money. Communication skills are incompetent and contradictory. I can honestly say I would give up driving before I, or my family, would insure my car with these clowns again."
"I would avoid using this company as I have had a really poor experience. They cancelled my policy due to failing to submit a 'DRIVING LICENCE SUMMARY' They Initially requested my driving licence copies and NCD's ONLY and did not make any request for a driving licence summary, which I more than happily provided. If this was one of your requirements that's fine, but they should have CLEARLY stated that on the application BEFORE accepting my hard earned money and I would have chosen another insurance company. They failed to inform me when I completed my application this was a requirement and only informed me in the LAST week before cancellation to state this was a requirement and I was away on holiday. To provide a summary you have to go on to a DVLA website, have your driving licence numbers handy as well as your national insurance numbers. You then have to request a code from the DVLA and EMAIL it to Debenhams. This is all on top of providing copies of your driving licences and NCD's. Imagine the difficulty for those who are not computer literate. They also use overseas call workers who are not very helpful."
"Charged extra £250 as i applied for a insurance and mentioned as licensed has one year as i had 14 days left to complete one year because of just 14 days gap on my driving licence they charged £250 plus... I don't mind to charge but they should cancel the policy without the xyz fees.."
"#######DO NOT USE####### They are the worst company to deal with, they just keep you on hold for ages, also they draw you in with a cheap price, hence why I went with them and because I mad a mistake with when I got my driving license by a year they Tripled the quote, but I had to go with it as I was running out of time, I asked to speak to a manager but was told non were available and either I had to pay it or get off the phone!!! I then payed it and then a few week later I had to ring back to change my address as I was moving 0.5 miles up the road, they charged me a £55 charge and when I queried it and got a little bit irate they put me on hold they put it upto £70 as they claimed they forgot to put a handling charge on! I spoke to a manager who was also very rude who said he would get rid of the other £15 charge.So I am 3 months into my policy and I need to cancel my policy as I have been promoted In my job and have received a company car as a benefit, I ring up and I tell them my situation, they say it’s a £75 cancellation charge, which is very heavy but I accept as I can’t wait to get rid of this horrible company who have taken lots of unneeded money from myself.She put me on hold again and said she needs to check some details, after another 15 minutes of waiting HALLELUJAH she finally back and then informs me the grand total will be £321 to cancel my insurance, I nearly keeled over in shock, I payed it as I can’t wait to get rid of this horrid company out of my life! I am posting this so hopefully it stops decent hard people like myself getting ripped off! Avoid like the plague, I actually hope this company gets bankrupt! Good day!!!"
"Worst insurance ever , I’d given one star if I could .put a accident through as my fault that I never claimed liability for knew nothing about this accident until I went to renew my car insurance and the price had jumped up by £2000 plus , they took years of my no claims even though they was protected and paid the other driver over £10.000 . I’m damages even though I had a picture (dash cam)of the other car with not a scratch on it they had to send some one out to inspect my car and was told there was no way my car caused any damage and the other driving turnt out smashed up the back of his own car just to make a claim .thank god I had a dash cam this all could of been avoided if they asked for an accident report of me and if I had a dash cam etc . The stress this has caused me when it could have so simply been resolved but they didn’t follow the right protocol"
"Absolute emombination in terms of organisation, I have never been asked for so much proof of identity and other things id never even heard of in my life, due to mistakesI ended up paying for two ammendments and should only of payed for one. I picked debhenhams orginally because they were cheap than my previous provider but with all the addisional coat I ended up paying more!"
"Used a comparison website, I then called direct to speak about the policy. Changed the start date by 1 day, line went dead I was called back and told they would t insure me now. Joke company . Joke customer service."
"TOTAL SCAM GoSkippy/Eldon/Debenhams car insurance is a SCAM!!! I had my insurance with them for 21 days. Paid £157 upfront, £75 deposit and £75 first months premium. Cancelled the insurance on the 21st day and now they want to charge me another £120 to cancel the insurance. Thats £270 to cancel my insurance which I held for 21 days. Tried to speak to a manager but was told there are no managers, none of the staff is helpful, nor do they know what they are doing. Was told "goskippy is a business and we are here to make money and that I'd still have to pay all these charges even if the policy lasted the whole 12 months". Literally a ripoff. I don't understand how is it that these scam companies are allowed to continue to trade. SCAM SCAM SCAM. Beware do not be fooled by their low premiums on any comparison site!!! ABSOLUTE SCAM"
"when ringing to query a change in price on a new policy, (increase of over £1000 for changing the start date by 2 days). The person was extremely rude when I asked why the change in price was so extremely rude, they stated that "well you can see it with your eyes in front of you". this is completely unexpectable and disgusting customer care! Never shall they be used again!"
"I tried to set up my insurance with them and I had paid for the whole year. They asked my for my No Claims, Driving License and Driving Summery. I send everything via email then a few days later they send me an email saying they are going to cancel my insurance because of an issue with my No Claims Discount."
"I have had an accident and cannot get intoutch with anyone to make my claim or change my policy"
"refused a quote because i held my provisioal longer than my full license. very rude and not at all helpful, stay away from this rip off company"
"Charge you for everything that changes and very snotty on the phone"
Debenhams Car Insurance is rated 1.23 based on 226 reviews