Debenhams Car Insurance Reviews

5% of reviewers recommend Debenhams Car Insurance

How would you rate Debenhams Car Insurance?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

"received qoute through gocompare where under driver details it only allows you to choose 20+ years for number of years license held - ive held license for 23 years. explained this to the agent & as they had to 'rerate' the policy, increased the price by £158.00 so i'm deemed a safer & more experience driver, yet i'm being quoted a higher premium. service itself is extremely poor. you get the distinct impression that the person you're speaking to has no intention of making things easy for you & they know how bad things are. I actually went back to Admiral, my previous insurance company & agreed for a premium of £200.00 higher as the agent was welcoming & actually wanted my business."
"Rude and incompetent customer services. Took 5 phone calls to change my car. They couldn't find it on their system so basically accused me of purchasing a car that was not registered with the DVLA - had to email them the V5. Now five phone calls later, after emailing an insurance certificate with my previous car on it they are having to go through the whole process again (and it's cost me a £50 admin fee)!! It shouldn't be this complicated to change a car. Will never use again!!! Avoid at all costs!"
FERAHNAZ ULUSOY
Unverified Reviewer
"They are a very bad and I wouldn§t recommend it to anyone"
"4 months of absolute disorganised and incompetent conduct from moment of claim, i wish i had gone for a competent insurance broker."
"£50 just to change my addressee shocking"
"Do not buy from this company. Had car insurance through Debenhams car insurance the previous year. i reported a claim on November 10th 2017 to debenhams and to the underwriter as well. claim was easy no problems car was sorted and back within 20 days. had my renewal quote through on 14th December 2017 and was pretty reasonable so decided to keep with them. paid renewal price as renewal was due on 7th January 2018. again no problem Debenhams took payment. 3 days later i get an email saying that they were going to increase my premium by £233.78 because i had an undisclosed claim. Pointed out to them that could not be possible as i reported it to both Debenhams and underwriter in November. They admitted it should take 24-48 hours to appear on there system!!! i have been arguing the point i should not pay the increase because they had 34 days prior to my renewal letter being issued and a further 24 days from renewal invitation to policy renewal date to update their systems and to advise me of the increase. Basically what they have done is wait until i have paid the initial premium and then added extra. i have been fighting now to either pay my original premium or get a full refund as their policies state you have 14 days so called cooling off period. they only offered me a partial refund. decided enough is enough as i have spent 5 hours on the phone to them arguing my point... currently taking the matter further and i can see that i will have to go to the Insurance ombudsman to get full resolution. Avoid Avoid Avoid these scamming B*****ds."
"They use Eldon as for their claims who are terrible and never get back to you. They say they couldn't get through to the person trying to claim against me but as soon as I called I got straight through. They don't follow up or let you know what is happening."
Unhappy Customer
Unverified Reviewer
"Absolutely terrible. Poor customer service with incompetent staff, and a complaints department who are so unbelievably inept, it makes one wonder how people like that get through the day alive. From what I understand, the name of the insurer is actually Eldon Insurance. If you want to save your sanity and time, avoid this insurer at all costs and go elsewhere."
"It is the worst car insurance I have ever had to deal with, NOT clear to customer what are charges and fees, if you want to modify to your details or add, change new car will be fee of £50 if you do it online still £35 charge, customer service below standards, they don’t give all explanation you need, PLEASE DO NOT GO WITH THEM, if you do make sure you have plenty of money and all details you need"
"I think your insurance company trying everything not to replace my iPhone x and in the policy there is nothing saying you don’t pay if there is no sim card on the device! It is a insurance for my gadget not for my sim card! This happen first time in my entire life and it is very good to see how dodgy company is this! I am very disappointed with service they dont replace the phone because there is no sim card in my phone"
"I wouldn't even give them a one. Rang them multiple times, when they answer the phone there's no professional greeting, they're very demanding trying to force you to make payments and don't like answering any questions. One day they quotes me £1453 the next day they quoted me over £4000!! I'm a new driver but that's taking the mick. Just on customer service alone I wouldn't go with them."
"tried twice on the internet,and then gave up. next tried twice on the phone cut off on both occasions. not worth bothering with."
"Bad communication, tried to get money from me I didn’t owe, emails confirming I didn’t owe the money, yet other emails and letters threatening court action"
"Omg where do I start just for even bother it's a waste of time and money advicer don't give you correct information, they toke Money out my account without my permission !! had to pay £75 to cancel policy was calling them up there so rude and unhelpful, was very stressful"
"Reluctant to even give it 1 star! Absolutely shocking service. They kept hanging up on me, they speak over you, they are so rude. Had to pay £75 to cancel my policy!!! It's an absolute disgrace. I will NEVER go with these again. Don't waste your time with them. They are con artist just scamming you out of money. It's disgusting."
"Didn't need to use the policy whilst I had it, but they have attempted to contact me no less than 8 times ahead of my "renewal" - which was a good £400 more than competitors. It's £200 more than the price I paid with them last year. No way to opt out of the endless texts, calls and e-mails they're sending, and I still have 2 weeks before renewal. I would never use this pest of a company again."
"DO NOT BUY FROM THIS RUDE COMPANY. DO not speak to Kristian Dlamini or Trevor Maccord I received a renewal quote which I needed to amend. I called the customer service helpline, once the agent picked up and began asking about the security questions he became very very rude. He asked me and the policy holder the same question 6 times. Buy this time I was very angry buy his questions and manner of tone and asked to speak to a manager. He also didnt seem too interested so asked for his name and his manager (director). He then asked if i would like to purchase the policy..........NOOOO WAY!!!! I am waiting for the complaints team to call me, im sure they wont. Very rude customer service, its a good thing ive not needed to claim for something and needed to call them! they would probably put all blame on me!"
"This firm is completely incompetent at every step the process of dealing with them to make a claim and the multiple other companies they have subcontracted has been a nightmare. It is accurate to say that they have missed no opportunity to demonstrate incompetence or create inconvenience or cost for us. I have considered a complaint to the ombudsman but this incident has already wasted far too much time. Even the phone number they provide on the renewal quote documentation and text, which I tried to call today, after they tried to renew insurance on a car they had declared a write off, does not work - a total farce."
"Had car insurance with debenhams last year, all fine, came to renewal and it was double the price of last years quote so went else where, they took £123 from my bank although i had cancelled twice with them, According to debenhams i was on an automatic renewal policy, i've been waiting for nearly two weeks for someone to get back to me and refund my money that they have basically stolen from me, they havn't provided me with any cover so how can they charge me for a service that i've not had from them.........I will not recommed this company to anyone in the future........... STAY WELL AWAY......"
"The most unhelpful customer service advisors I have ever known. I have spent the majority of the morning on hold again or being fobbed off to a different department and in the end they were still no help and could not care less I am basically £500 out of pocket due to their inability to do their job. When you claim it's through Eldon insurance who are even worse. Avoid like I wish I had!"
Debenhams Car Insurance is rated 1.26 based on 179 reviews