Barnes of Lincoln Reviews

99% of reviewers recommend Barnes of Lincoln

Fort Barnes, Freeman Road, North Hykeham
Lincoln

How would you rate Barnes of Lincoln?

Mr & Mrs Swaby
Verified Buyer

We felt we should write to say thank you for the way that you recently
helped us to move from Sleaford to Quarrington.
Your help and advice in planning the move and the help and friendlyness of
the men who actually carried out the move was first class.
Thank you for helping make what could have been a stressful day relatively easy.

Kind Regards
Mike & Barbara Swaby
Mr & Mrs G Reynolds
Verified Buyer

Steve & Connor were excellent! Polite, efficient & professional. We cannot praise them too highly. They could not do enough for us and worked incredibly hard. They coped with a small property, difficult access and steps without a quibble. A brilliant team!
A & S Roberts

Hello Andrew,

I would like to express our thanks to you and your team for the efficient service we received from Barnes. As an ex Airforce family we have done many moves. Your service made this move the smoothest yet.
All the team that moved us on Friday we friendly & very hard working.
I will be certain to recommend your company.
Please pass our regards on to the team.

Kind Regards

A & S Roberts
A Thompson

Dear Mr Barnes,
I would like to say a big thank you to your team for their services moving my father this week. He hasn't moved house in over 50 years, so it was really a big upheaval for him. Your staff were professional, compassionate and patient. Please pass on to them our thanks.
Regards,
Alison Thompson
Catherine

Hi

This isn't anything other than a thank you to the two lovely drivers of your lorries who pulled right over and stopped for me when I was out riding near Hough on the Hill. They were so kind and I didn't want the week to end without having got in touch to say a big thank you for being so courteous. Kind regards Catherine
Mr P Hoskins

Dear Jeremy,

Thank you for a splendid job. Special thanks to your colleagues on the truck - hardworking and extremely helpful

Thanks indeed,

Phillip
Mr P Hoskins

Dear Jeremy,

Thanks indeed,

Phillip
Steve Knapp
Verified Buyer

What a service! From the first phone call, I knew we were in good hands. Julian put us at ease with his first visit and from there on the whole process was handled so professionally that this has to be the best example of customer service I have ever encountered. Our stuff arrived in New Zealand without anything being damaged. Julian had arranged for a removal company here to bring our container to our house and they were fantastic also. If you are looking at other removal companies, don't! Give Barnes a call and they will look after you.
Mr D Gurbutt
Verified Reviewer

Great Job. Very pleased especially with the guys.
Mike & Smurf (Malcolm) Excellent

Thanks.
Mrs P Lockhart
Verified Reviewer

1st class service! Thank you Dan & Dave for taking care of our belongings & ensuring our relocation to the Highlands was smooth. Nothing was ever any inconvenience & a great attitude to challenging tasks.

A pleasure to work with you.

Thank you!!!
Mr C G Matthews

Dear Jeremy and David,

I would like to thank you both very much indeed for your advice and help during the preparation to move from Redhill, Surrey to Lincoln. It was much appreciated.

I also have to commend your staff, David and Conner who were so courteous, friendly and helpful beyond what could be expected in the loading and unloading when they were helped by Tristan.

Sirs, my wife and I were so impressed with Barnes, and in particular the drivers David and Conner that we cannot adequately thank you enough and say how very fortunate Barnes are to have staff like these two gentlemen.

May we wish Barnes every success in the future and we will certainly recommend you to any enquirers. A letter of appreciation will follow in due course.

C Gordon Matthews
Mr P Cooper
Verified Buyer

Dear Mr Barnes, I write to congratulate you on providing an outstanding removal service which we were both fortunate and grateful to experience during our house move of the 1st September this year. Mike and 'Smurf' made the whole process stress free and their friendly ,professional but amazingly efficient moving skills were very impressive. I would certainly recommend Barnes to anyone who need a removal service. Kind Regards Peter Cooper
R Arman & M Brown
Verified Buyer

We are writing to say how very pleased we were with the service provided by Barnes of Lincoln. We moved from Swnderby Lincs to Shepperton Middlesex and it turned how to be a job well done. Dave and Connor were terrific and moved us in record time without any hitches. So thank you very much for your service and we gladly recommend you.

Ray Arman and Margaret Brown.
Mr M. & Mrs S Welby

Dear Julian,

Just a short note of thanks for all your help when we moved to Inverness last week.

Dave and Connor were absolutely brilliant and had us sorted out in no time even including shuttling backwards and forwards between Drumnadrochit car park and the house! I can't praise them enough - they were efficient, good humoured, very patient and a pleasure to work with.

The bike arrived safe and sound even if it wouldn't start. I expect the battery was flat, either that or the extreme change in altitude from Lincoln to the Highlands of Scotland had an undesirable effect! However as we're heading towards winter, I think it can safely be left in the garage until the Spring.

Other than that everything was in perfect condition with no breakages or losses although Susan keeps complaining she can't find her Winter boots! I have no doubt they will turn up in one of the unpacked boxes.

We have unpacked and sorted out the bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen and dining room and are now tackling the living room with its incredibly awful chandeliers which have been removed post haste! The decorations are just as awful but they will have to wait until i find my paint brushes and rollers!

Many thanks again for the careful storage of our belongings over the last five months and the speedy and efficient way you and the lads dealt with our eventual move.

The house is everything we remember (even the wallpaper) and the views of Loch Ness are really stupendous. If you are ever inclined to visit the frozen north (it's 20 degrees today and sunny), please come and see us.

Many thanks again

Martin & Sue Welby
Brenda Rush & Kevin Teasdale
Verified Reviewer

Dave, Connor, & Tristan (and Danny on one day) have done a brilliant job. Nothing was too much trouble for them. Really Nice bunch of professional lads. Dave directed everything very well. Thank you very much.

Brenda Rush & Kevin Teasdale
Mrs A Morland

Hi Julian

My goods were delivered on Tuesday August 23rd

I would like to thank you & everyone concerned for making so easy. i was kept informed all along the way.

You have a very happy & satisfied customer

Alice Morland

(This was a removal from the Sleaford area of Lincolnshire to Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada via our shipping agents - Alex Barnes)
Mr & Mrs Stoner

Dear Sir

It can be quite easy to move on from the stress of Moving Day and onto finding ‘normality’ again. Nevertheless, we would very much like to express our sincerest thanks to your moving team led by Connor.

From upon arrival in Sleaford they worked tirelessly to optimally pack the goods on the vehicle. I had mentioned that we had sought Barnes for their expertise in moving. The following day, their expertise was demonstrated 'in spades'. I had rung up the Lincoln Office but they didn’t get my message that the flat wasn’t on the first floor as we had been told but another floor up. The staircase to access the flat was steep, narrow and involved a tight turn. They again worked tirelessly to carry all our goods up the stairs, navigating the tight confines of the doorway as well. Only twice did they have to concede that they could not access the flat with a table and a bed. Instantly Connor produced a tool kit to enable the bed to be disassembled and had immediately started to remove the legs off the table. Despite the temperature pushing close to 30 degrees C they continued at a pace. They always went the extra mile and deserve especial praise - fantastic ambassadors for your company.

Thank you to Barnes again. A superb move.

Blessings

Bob & Mandy Stoner=
Sharon & Ian Varian-Price
Verified Reviewer

Moved us from Bedfordshire to Lincoln on Tuesday 9th August, The team Dave and Connor were excellent, professional, friendly, and very good at their job, made the whole moving experience a pleasure. Barnes staff from the first call gave us excellent service and would highly recommend them to anyone
Thank you so much Ian, Sharon & Gumbo VP
Mrs J Jelly
Verified Buyer

I just wanted to pass on our thanks to your efficient and hard working removal team. They were a dream on our moving day to Nettleham.

Mrs J Jelly
Ms S Richardson
Verified Reviewer

I just wanted to take an opportunity to say thank you. The team that came to Evedon yesterday were truly outstanding . Furniture delivered with perfection and placed beautifully. All in wonderful condition.

The Young Gentleman with the Wool hat was professional and polite and he also helped with the packing of the house when I moved in December.

It really was terribly hot and yet the move was completed in really good time

Sue Richardson