3D Autokeys Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend 3D Autokeys

About 3D Autokeys: We are a locally run family business with over 30 years in the locksmith trade. We realised there was a demand for a quality, affordable auto locksmith service within Nottinghamshire and 3D Autokeys was developed.

3D Autokeys is proud of our fleet of fully equipped vehicle locksmith vans. They contain industry standard machinery which means our fully qualified auto locksmiths are fully mobile and can respond and resolve your vehicle locksmith issues anywhere within 40 miles of our head office in Nottingham.

We cover areas such as Derby, Doncaster, Lincoln, Leicester, Mansfield, Newark, Nottingham Sheffield and all areas in between.

We understand that the cost of replacing or repairing vehicle keys through dealerships is expensive. 3D Autokeys offers a low cost and convenient service that can provide the following;
Spare car keys cut and programmed.
Replacements for lost or stolen vehicle keys and remote fobs.
Program vehicle keys to communicate with the car and security systems.
Repair damaged key blades and remotes.
Replace worn out batteries in remotes.
We can gain access to your vehicle in the event of a lockout without damage.
3D Autokeys can rectify immobiliser faults.

We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service, our speedy response times and our low cost and high quality auto locksmith services.

enquries@3dautokeys.co.uk

3 Clarence Street

Telephone

How would you rate 3D Autokeys ?

"Very helpful on the phone and excellent, personable service from the mobile technician."
"Great service from Quote to Glen really quick efficient friendly service"
"Very good service and thank you for help"
"Fast response to email within the hr Fantastic 24hr service Responsible prices for there service Car sorted with new key and antitheft starting problem sorted on the drive from there highly skilled technician Lee highly recommend saved me from hearache from the wife who was at work 20 mins after he left. Thanks a million."
"Great customer service over the phone prior to my appointment (this was why I chose 3D Autokeys over another company who were rude to me) and great service and communication on the day. Glen was very quick and helpful, explaining the process clearly."
"Friendly service, helpful staff and committed technician got my lovely BMW a spare key. That's given me peace of mind. Many thanks to all at 3D Autokeys. Marc"
"As it is still 3 days before the work can be carried out (give or take 8 hours) it seems a little early to give a review I think."
"Wow. What impressive service this has been. Clear pricing and very friendly service. Guy who turned up was friendly and professional and did the job in ten minutes. I really recommend this company."
"I rang them to get my spare key cut as one key out of two stopped working recently. The Engineer came out and after spending 3 hours on my vehicle, he messed everything up as my original key also stopped working. And, my vehicle was off road for almost 9 weeks, due to negligence of the Engineer as they could not find out what the Engineer did to my car. They left my vehicle on the public highway unlocked and unsecured due to the Error of the Engineer. Only after someone went into my vehicle they finally recovered my vehicle from public road and I was told it would be put into secured parking, but no paperwork was given to me to assure that my vehicle was safe and secure. In this process my vehicle was damaged which I notified them as soon as I received my vehicle back. But they refused to take any sort of responsibility and refused to repair any damage. Also my vehicle's interior was left in a mess with greasy fingerprints on cream interior and they also denied that responsibility. From there on they put all the blame on me and the mercedes Dealership but not on themselves who put my vehicle out of use in the first place. They even blamed me that I ordered the parts through dealership which was incorrect and that they had nothing to do with it. But, when I told them that I have paperwork to prove that the parts were ordered by 3D Auto not by me. They did not reply back. They also made a comment that they paid 2% of my vehicle value to get my vehicle fixed which I found extremely offensive. They also refused to provide me with a hired car for the first week and the second week I was told to organise one myself as they couldn't find any vehicles available as a courtesy car. But, I found a car within a few minutes. Although, later they paid for it. Also they accused me of making threats against them when I told them that I would share my experience that I had with 3D Auto. So far they have not provided me with any evidence of any threat made against them. I find them very unprofessional, incompetent, irresponsible, as they blame the world for their mistakes instead of accepting their own."
Hi Hamed, thank you for the feedback. I am sorry that on this occasion you feel that 3D Autokeys have let you down.

I would like to go through each of the points that you have raised in your review and explain our version of events as I did on the 12th July.

During our first visit to your vehicle to program a second key, our technician was informed that you had already had a fault diagnosed with your existing key when you had taken the car to a garage. You explained that you had been told that the fault could either be the key itself, or the EIS unit (Electronic Ignition Switch) on the vehicle but you told our technician you wanted to try the cheaper option first, which was to attempt to program a new aftermarket key. We then attempted to do as you had requested, however it didn’t resolve the issue. We then purchased a new original key on your behalf from the dealership at no extra charge to make sure that our key wasn’t at fault, but due to Mercedes security procedures regarding keys this did mean that only you as the vehicle owner could collect the key. In the meantime we had the vehicle recovered to your house as requested free of charge.

You then contacted me at 16.30pm on a Friday before a bank holiday and requested a hire car, which I attempted to arrange for you. Unfortunately due to the time of day and with it being a bank holiday, the company that we use for our car hire did not have any availability. I then tried to contact other hire companies but they were not prepared for me to hire and pay for a hire car on your behalf. I called you to explain this and you said that you were happy to hire the car yourself providing I would pay for it, which I agreed to once I had received an invoice. As soon as the invoice was received from you, it was paid the same day.

Once we had the key in our possession we then attempted to program it to the vehicle but with no success. Our next option was to order an EIS unit, again at no extra cost to yourself, which we did. When the EIS unit arrived we fitted this to your vehicle hoping that this would fix the issue, but unfortunately this didn’t work either. From here I then decided I would get the car recovered to our local Mercedes dealer for further diagnosis, which you consented to, despite the fact that the vehicle already had a fault before we initially attended. I then hired you another courtesy car which was dropped off to a place of your choice so as not inconvenience you even further.

Once the vehicle was at Mercedes we were being charged by the hour to diagnose the fault on your vehicle, and this took several days. When Mercedes finally got the bottom of the issue they discovered that the key that they had originally ordered was faulty, and therefore they had to order another one which took a further week. Once the correct key arrived this finally worked on the vehicle and they called us to say the vehicle was ready. We were informed that the vehicle now had two working keys; one being the brand new key and the other being the original key that you were having issues with. When I collected your vehicle, the ring around the ignition was missing and only one of the keys was working but as I had promised you that your vehicle would be returned to you that day, I decided that I would take the vehicle to our office and get the ring around the ignition replaced. I also wanted to replace your original faulty key with a new aftermarket one as goodwill gesture, as you had already had issues with it before we carried out the work.

I delivered the vehicle back to you later that day and you called me to say that regardless of the fact that we had paid out over £2000 to fix an intermittent fault that was already present on your vehicle before we touched it, that you were still not happy with the £180.00 that you had to pay for the original spare key and that you felt you should be offered the whole job free of charge. I would like to remind you that 3D Autokeys covered the cost of hire cars for a total of six weeks (as opposed to the nine weeks that you have claimed in your review), and all other costs incurred during the transportation, diagnosis and repair process, despite the issue on your vehicle being present before we initially attempted to code a spare key. We did everything we would to provide you with the highest level of customer service, as we do with all of our customers and I’m sorry that you feel that our efforts were not sufficient.

To further fight your case, you then proceeded to say that you had cancelled a holiday because of the issues with your car, and when I remarked that you had not brought this to my attention at any point during the time throughout the process, you then when onto say that we had also caused your cigarette lighter to stop working. As explained in my email dated 12th July, we do not have any need to be working near or with the cigarette lighter in any way during any key programming process and so it would be impossible for one of our technicians to have damaged it. Further to this, you complained that our technicians had left dirty finger prints on your cream interior. Our technicians are not mechanics and therefore do not wear overalls and they did not carry out any investigative work on the vehicle that would cause the interior to get dirty as all programming is carried out inside the vehicle. All of our vans are also fitted with onboard handwashing facilities so that our technicians can wash their hands before entering a customer’s vehicle. You were also not happy that I had not valeted your vehicle for you but unfortunately this is not a service that we offer any of our customers.

I would ask that you please also refer back to all correspondence from myself, as at no point during our communication have I ever said that we have paid 2 % of the value of your vehicle in repairs.

Should you wish to discuss the matter further then please do not hesitate to contact me via the details that you already have.

Kerry Akers

Manager
"Many thanks, great service called before appointment as promised, had a faulty key (snapped on pocket these things happen) came out and replaced and didn’t charge can’t fault them great service thanks for all the help"
"very good service.professional ,a lot cheaper then main dealer,glen the tech, was polite and informative,"
"Wow, excellent all round team from booking git an appointment within two days, tech arrived and was all done in 20 mins, very professional. I recommend 3DAutokeys to anyone needing the service. Thank you."
"Great service. Spot on. Could not fault."
"Quick service. Helpful and friendly. Recommended to friends and family."
"Turned up on time, very polite and he didn't take long to give me a working key again."
"They service which was provided was Excellent, got a phone call before they arrived so I could be ready! The Chap came and my new key was ready in under 15 minutes. Great Customer service too"
"Fixed at home . New key in 20 mins. Would use again .thanks."
"3D Autokeys were great from start to finish, very professional and very polite, they were in my car in less than a minute after arrival at my home address and the car was completely unmarked in any way. If you're ever unfortunate enough to need an auto locksmith then look no further as these guys really know what they're doing."
"excellent service by polite staff at the right price"
"Prompt reply to initial email. Excellent value- very competitive quote. Technician very professional and efficient."
3D Autokeys is rated 4.90 based on 337 reviews