247 Home Rescue Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend 247 Home Rescue
Telephone

How would you rate 247 Home Rescue ?

"Absolutely ridiculous! Had annual boiler service, then they said oh there's a grommet missing on the cable so it's deemed unsafe so they had to cap off the boiler and remove the valve so I can't use it. Was told that someone will be round to fit a cable grommet and reconnect it the next day, fine. Then I get a phone call saying for the work to go ahead I need to pay £120!!!! To fit a stupid cable grommet! I've had this boiler since moving into this house and have had multiple boiler services done over the last 8 years and nobody has raised this issue. I'm now left with no heating or hot water unless I pay them £120 to reconnect it! Absolutely ridiculous daylight robbery. If I didn't have service plan with them I would be better off! To add to this, I have just logged into my account to check my cover... I am on ‘Premium’ cover at £18.70 per month with £0 excess and this is my second year with them. I have never claimed and they were the ones that serviced the boiler last year! It clearly also states that it is a rolling monthly contract so I’m not tied down and can cancel any time so why was I told when I tried to cancel that I’d still need to pay for 12 months!? I thought the whole idea of getting a boiler cover with unlimited call outs and £0 excess is that there should never be unexpected costs on top of this monthly premium so what exactly is the point of me having this cover!?"
"I don't normally write reviews but have been compelled to do so as I am astonished at how bad this "company" is. As a landlord, I took out home emergency cover which included a free boiler service and a CP12 inspection. Last month, I booked in a service and CP12 inspection and after visiting the property, the engineer said he could not perform the work as the boiler was inaccessible and said I would need to take my kitchen apart from them to continue. The boiler is in the kitchen within a kitchen unit. The boiler has been in that location for eight years and nobody else in the past eight years has had an issue with access. Two weeks ago (with the boiler still in the same location), British Gas were able to service and issue me the CP12 certificate without any trouble. 247 Home Rescue will say anything to get out of doing what you have paid them for. The customer service is equally as shocking. I followed their complaints procedure and informed them of my issue. They replied apologizing for the engineers non-attendance. Not once did I mention the engineer did not attend, it seems like they don't actually read complaints properly. After responding and stating my complaint was not about non-attendance and to re-read my complaint, they replied saying they stand by the engineers decision even when this decision has been proved to be completely inaccurate and wrong, highlighted by the fact British Gas have since done what 247 Home Rescue should have done. I will be sending a complaint to the Ombudsman as they are clearly willing to make any excuse to avoid providing the service they were paid for. I just wish I had listened to the hundreds of complaints on forums."
247 Home Rescue is rated 1.00 based on 2 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!