Economy Energy Reviews

3% of reviewers recommend Economy Energy

How would you rate Economy Energy ?

"Wish I could give them a minus score. I have a ongoing complaint with the Energy Ombudsman that as been going on since mid June when they took a substantial amount from my bank without notifying me, promised me a refund that didn’t happen which was returned to my account eventually through me contacting my bank myself. It has taken me an eternity to Switch to another supplier due to the fact that they kept blocking the switch first with the electric and then the gas going backwards and forwards allowing one to switch and cancelling the other lost time how many times this happened regardless of their agents assuring me many times that there would be no objection. The switch has finally gone through but not without problems. My account as far as I know because of the sparse information apparently is in debit with the gas and in credit with the electric. They agreed on more than one occasion to settle up after the final meter readings which is the norm with other Energy companies I have dealt with in the past. I have been harassed by their debt recovery service with approx 40 phone calls including 22/23 when I was on holiday in USA with a time zone difference of 8 hours behind the Uk receiving 2/3 calls in the early hours of the morning any between 1am to 6pm over a three week period. I emailed them explained that I was on holiday and the time difference and asked them to stop calling. The calls continued so I had no option but to switch my phone off. I am still receiving calls every day since I got back from my hols and a email with a amount owing with a blank PDF. I could go on and on about this company but I’m losing the will to live. Avoid them like the Plague."
"I left Economy Energy in April (2018), paid my outstanding gas bill (thinking it was correct by looking at the reading numbers), but the final electricity bill was clearly wrong, from credit went to debit, after providing the final reading, that it was a lower number than the estimated. Since then I have been calling and emailing, and time after time they/software fails to generate the correct bill. So I decided to make a manual calculation, from the day I join to the day I left, with the overall consumption and with all the direct debit paid into it, and I was astonished to realize that not only they are owing more than expected on the electrical bill, but also the gas bill is incorrect. This means that somewhere in between they charge me more on the gas (since the final bill seemed correct) So big advise, check your bills, don't trust their automatic software calculations!!!!! If it wasn't bad enough, every time I call I have to repeat everything all over again. They don't seem to keep on file on-going issues/discussions, nor either they communicate with different departments. I keep been harassed by their debt collection department, which is completely outrageous, they fail to correct my bill, they are OWING ME money and they keep calling me and sending me mails to collect money from me!! I keep telling them to stop, UPDATE MY FILE, and they call me twice a week?! I don't understand why it is so difficult and it takes so long to correct a bill, is a simple calculation !! I WOULD ADVISE CHECKING YOUR OVERALL CONSUMPTION AND CALCULATE YOURSELF THE VALUE. THEY CHARGE ME MORE THEN THEY SHOULD."
"Used them for just over a year to provide gas & electricity supply. They were hopeless - could never give me any information about my supply, continually passed from dept to dept and then on closing my account kept chasing for additional monies despite being assured that my account had been settled in full and closed. Not recommended - would suggest using a more professional energy supplier."
"Truly awful. Asked several times for a bill for the gas and electricity, by email or post, didn't get one at any point in the year I was with them. Switched asap to another co. = 5 months ago. Still have not received a final gas bill. Nor the refund that is due to me. Nor has the gas been switched - no bill from either company. Despite many calls (long wait)) and emails from me. Haveeived threatening emails from Economy Energy tho, demanding money. AVOID. TERRIBLE."
"When I joined they took two months upfront, after six months they increased my electricity charge because it was going to be a severe winter????? I could have understood if they had increased gas charge, When I challenged it I might as well have been talking to a rocking horse. At end of contract they could not offer anything on fixed rate and it meant a £200 increase per annum so I gave notice and left. Now I am over £100 in credit and have told them it is budgeted for and will cause hardship If I have to wait the 8 weeks they say it might take. They are not prepared to take individual circumstances into account. We are pensioners and my wife is disabled and they know this. I am not the happiest bunny in the warren."
"Absolutely disgusting service, they over charge make up readings that are much higher than the actual reading. I cannot wait to get away from them.. AVOID at all cost, cheap is not always good, you can lose more money with this company."
"I wouldn't give that company one star, only the fact that I have to, to put a review on your site. The most appalling company I have had the misfortune of dealing with and I would urge everyone to give them a wide berth. From the very beginning they got everything wrong even so far as taking over the wrong MPAN number for my electricity, even though I proved I had given them the correct one. Since then it has been a catalogue of errors; bills being issued that I simply don't owe for my actual account and other accounts that don't even belong to me, including the account with the wrong MPAN number that, last year, THEY had to refund me on. I could go on and on but won't bore you. Avoid like the plague! They should not be trading, it's that simple."
"i was in credit for gas £16 and in debt for electric £29 so I sent a cheque for £13 which should have cleared the final bills but oh no I don't think Economy Energy staff can do maths. They have bombarded me with emails claiming I am in debt, abusive phone calls insisting I owe them money and finally a letter threatening court action. I left them in April and had to wait nearly eight weeks for my final bill. They are a shocking company and deserve all the bad reviews and more. Don't join them they will be finished in a few years if they keep on the way they are going."
"Would give zero if it were possible!!! Avoid at all costs if you value accurate bills and days without harrassment! This company is so woefully inadequate that not only do they fail to keep accurate and complete accounts for their customers, but they cannot even provide a bill! Instead they have no idea what your account is (credit or prepayment, direct debit payments, readings etcetera) and will hassle you repeatedly with blank PDFs demanding payment! Their licence should be revoked!!"
"Awful customer experience. They have issued a final bill for an estimated read higher than the read I supplied when changing supplier. Their stance is that it is within tolerance so it will NOT be revised, even though it means I will be paying both old and new supplier for the same energy twice. They will not answer any questions, about incorrect, inaccurate bill, why is it an estimate when the actual read exists on their systems, why have you used the actual for my final gas bill which is correct. Stock answer is within tolerance, bill will not be revised of reissued, and payment due. Totally arrogant and rude, maybe because I'm an ex customer now. Avoid at all costs, unless you want a final estimated bill with fictitious consumption applied."
"Would have liked to give zero ☆ Avoid at all costs!!! Were cheapest on the market at the time of fixing a 1 year contract & thought I'd give them a try. BIG mistake.....Left them beginning of May and despite numerous emails sent by me and submitting a formal complaint, they are hounding me with various threats to disconnect & take to court. I keep getting inflated and totally incorrect demands for payment and all I owe is 50 pence in reality! Shocking company employing arrogant Muppets."
"Reading all the reviews I decided to add my story here. I chose EE for the cheap prices and I must say they were the cheapest on the market at that time (2017) - so big plus for that. However, recently they changed my tariff to a lot more expensive. They sent me a letter dated July 2018 informing me that my tariff changed in June 2018. They switched me to a more expensive tariff and it was more than a month before i was informed. The also started changing my DD, first i was on £28 a month soon this doubled to £46 with no reasoning behind it. I emailed them and waited two (yes 2 whole months!) before i received a reply. At this point the credit on my account (the money they owed me) grew to £100. I have raised a complaint, but they have done nothing. I will be leaving them this week but worry that i will never recover the money they owe me. The only solution now is to raise a complaint with Ofgem - and i advise anybody that had a bad experience to do the same. Iresa - the supplier that went bust because of the poor customer service should be a warning for all those dodgy companies. If you cant get it right go bust!!"
"Awful company to deal with, avoid. Left four months ago. After leaving, they kept charging via direct debit! So I had to call up and get a refund. Then, a few months pass and they start calling me to clear a balance equivalent to three months payments. Despite me never having missed a dd payment. I pay this (begrudgingly) and then a week later they start calling me AGAIN for a new balance they have invented. Four months after I left! I have never received such poor service and inflated bills! Never again"
"An absolutely awful service. Hours spent on the phone without being able to speak to anyone. No answer from multiple emails. Any attempt to switch away from them refused. I moved into my new home three months ago and only now received a letter to the 'new occupier' (I filled in the application to move in and created an account within the first week of my tenancy). Today I got a bill for £305 for the period of 1 month for gas (in the middle of the summer with 30 degrees Celsius outside?????!!!!) - That gas better be from Venus... Still trying to contact them. If there is an Economy Energy representative somewhere out there (do you have a customer service department? - seems you do not) please contact me."
"This company were so inept I cancelled my contract as soon as I could and moved to another supplier although they were cheaper. I paid by direct debit but they kept sending me prepayment cards, they said they couldn't read the smart meters but then could, I couldn't see any bills on my account they were all blank, they kept sending me blank PDFs of bills by email to pay. I constantly asked for a final bill which wasn't blank and one finally came in the post 3 months after leaving, I paid the final bill a week after it arrived by cheque having given up trying to pay over the phone, which was cleared and paid in full, I then get a phone call and letter for from a debt collection agency about an unpaid account with them for a strange amount not even relating to my account, I finally manage to get through to Economy energy' who tell me my account has been paid in full and closed, absolutely disgusting! If I had been an elderly customer this could have really frightened me, my advice stay away from this company, cheapest isn't always best, it will cost you more in the long run, in time and phone calls. I'm awaiting a response and apology probably won't get either!!!"
"Really bad customer service, i am on a pre payed meter and was only with them for 2 weeks as there customer service is really bad, i then recieved a bill to which i emailed them saying how do i owe money when i am pay as you go, the repky was i owe nothing, bit i am still recieving messages and emails so i tang up and spoke to someone who said i owe nothing, they havr now passed me onto a debt collector so now i am having to fight again to say i owe nothing, my advice is to STAY AWAY as the harrasment is really bad and ao stressful, if this is not sorted i am going to seek legal advice"
"Switched to them in June 2018. They billed me twice (with no warning or explanation). I called and was on hold for ages so they told me to leave a message and they'd call back. They haven't. I'm sitting here on hold again, 40 minutes and counting and I've also heard from my previous supplier that they were never told about the switch and have carried on billing me too. Wish I'd never heard of them. AVOID."
"Shocking. Do NOT use. Awful customer service, liars and complete fraudsters. Stay WELL AWAY from. I'm leaving"
"Non existent Customer Service, gave up after 40 mins on hold. I received a letter today stating my gas/electric charges are going up from 10 weeks ago, that's me receiving a letter on 14 June 18 saying my charges are going up on 31 March 18, can't wait to get shot of this company, beware!!!"
"Worst customer service ever. Got a bill for £680 that no one seems able to explain to me, even though they adjust my payments monthly. Requested a technician to come and have a look to the meter reader and appliances (conveniently only available on the day the payment is due), booked it for the only date available and doesn't even show up! When I try to call and check what's happening, after 40' waiting, after a brief explanation - which they don't even let me finish - they transfer my call to an independent service that has nothing to do with the company and I'm forced to end the call. Twice. They not clear at all when giving you information or explaining your bill."
Economy Energy is rated 1.23 based on 35 reviews