Economy Energy Reviews

11% of reviewers recommend Economy Energy

How would you rate Economy Energy?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

9 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Zita Weston,
Andrew Hill customer Service

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Economy Energy in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Zita Weston,
"Andrew Hill customer Service"
"dont use this company.worst energy company ever had.problems from day one with them.absolute nightmare."
"Avoid this company like the plague. I was with them for 2 weeks and it was absolute torture. They took payment out of my account without warning. Apparently they sent me numerous texts about different things - I never received any of them! Customer service is a total joke, one time I phoned there was such loud music on in the background I couldn't hear what was being said to me. The three separate people I spoke to were all seriously rude and gave completely different answers to the others. Was promised phonecalls back on three separate occasions but never had even one. Even though I am in a wheelchair and my electricity meter is in the basement of the shop I live next to I was informed that Economy Electric 'do not do readings for anybody, regardless of disability'. That was after asking me INCREDIBLY personal health questions for approx 20 minutes. They are obviously incapable of understanding that wheelchairs + stairs are not a great mixture. They didn't bother to ask for readings, gave my old energy company made up readings so I received a letter about a £400 debt! Turns out that my old company actually owed me nearly £200, luckily it was sorted out in a day. The only time that I spoke to anyone decent was the day I finally gave up and informed them that I was moving to a different company. I am still receiving phone calls from them asking for readings. Their prices may be attractive but it doesn't make up for their total incompetence, rudeness and ignorance!"
"worst company ever used.from day one of switch.takes ages to get through on the phone.dont reply to e mails.terrible customer service."
"They're taking £30 DD every month and not showing it credited to my account with them. It means there's NO running total of my payments so my account with them is in chaos. I'm just one of hundreds of customers they're taking money from without accounting for it. This so called energy company should be closed down - but it will probably collapse anyway. Don't go anywhere near them or you'll be sorry you did!"
"They took a direct debit after I cancelled my contract (Before it had started). Tried to ring on many occasions and was left on the phone for 10 minutes each time with no answer. Wrote twice and got no reply, even though they say they will reply within 10 days. They then rang to say they would refund my money within 10 days and to be fair they did, months after taking it originally. Do not touch at all."
"I've been with them for months, always paid my bills. Move home and so ended contract but they had an 'admin error' and took 2 lots of payments from my account. The last 4 weeks have been my constant chasing them to pay me back, with empty promises of payment. Last contact was with Ateek a sales person and Nick a sales team manager, both promised the return of my money but still they have not returned a penny."
"Never got my gas card .Electricity does not work at my point .Staff are not very helpful."
K Sareen
"Totally appalling non existent customer service. Never reply to emails, do not keep promise of phoning back. Accepted order for electricity and gas switchover but no communication of completion. Now I find that electric has switched but not gas and they even deny that I requested gas even though they sent email originally acknowledging both. Keep away from this company. Once I disconnect I will not go back to them in a million years. So much for trying a new smaller company who promises to be everything that the big boys aren't but are complete pretence."
Economy Energy is rated 1.44 based on 9 reviews