Economy Energy Reviews

5% of reviewers recommend Economy Energy

How would you rate Economy Energy ?

"Switched to them in June 2018. They billed me twice (with no warning or explanation). I called and was on hold for ages so they told me to leave a message and they'd call back. They haven't. I'm sitting here on hold again, 40 minutes and counting and I've also heard from my previous supplier that they were never told about the switch and have carried on billing me too. Wish I'd never heard of them. AVOID."
"Shocking. Do NOT use. Awful customer service, liars and complete fraudsters. Stay WELL AWAY from. I'm leaving"
"Non existent Customer Service, gave up after 40 mins on hold. I received a letter today stating my gas/electric charges are going up from 10 weeks ago, that's me receiving a letter on 14 June 18 saying my charges are going up on 31 March 18, can't wait to get shot of this company, beware!!!"
Morgana Andrade
Verified Reviewer
"Worst customer service ever. Got a bill for £680 that no one seems able to explain to me, even though they adjust my payments monthly. Requested a technician to come and have a look to the meter reader and appliances (conveniently only available on the day the payment is due), booked it for the only date available and doesn't even show up! When I try to call and check what's happening, after 40' waiting, after a brief explanation - which they don't even let me finish - they transfer my call to an independent service that has nothing to do with the company and I'm forced to end the call. Twice. They not clear at all when giving you information or explaining your bill."
"bad customer service, never use them"
"I pay regularly by Direct Debit but now find I oue them £791.00 on my gas bill! I leave them to adjust my payments. As a pensioner, how could they allow this situation to arise?"
"TERRIBLE COMPANY!!!! I have been chasing a final bill from them for 2 months. One member of staff says i am due back £50 and another member of staff says i am due back £8!! My account clearly states £50 due back from meter readings provided but they will not give it to me. No one replies from the complaints department, no one calls you back. So frustrating....WORST utility provider i have ever dealt with."
"do not have any idea, could not understand operators, avoided giving information."
Derek
"Had loads of trouble getting top up cards, then ended up with 4 electric cards and no gas card. After two and a half hours of phone calls and repetitive address corrections, they finally got it right and I recieved my cards about 3 months after signing up to them."
Derek
Zita Weston,
"Andrew Hill customer Service"
"dont use this company.worst energy company ever had.problems from day one with them.absolute nightmare."
"Avoid this company like the plague. I was with them for 2 weeks and it was absolute torture. They took payment out of my account without warning. Apparently they sent me numerous texts about different things - I never received any of them! Customer service is a total joke, one time I phoned there was such loud music on in the background I couldn't hear what was being said to me. The three separate people I spoke to were all seriously rude and gave completely different answers to the others. Was promised phonecalls back on three separate occasions but never had even one. Even though I am in a wheelchair and my electricity meter is in the basement of the shop I live next to I was informed that Economy Electric 'do not do readings for anybody, regardless of disability'. That was after asking me INCREDIBLY personal health questions for approx 20 minutes. They are obviously incapable of understanding that wheelchairs + stairs are not a great mixture. They didn't bother to ask for readings, gave my old energy company made up readings so I received a letter about a £400 debt! Turns out that my old company actually owed me nearly £200, luckily it was sorted out in a day. The only time that I spoke to anyone decent was the day I finally gave up and informed them that I was moving to a different company. I am still receiving phone calls from them asking for readings. Their prices may be attractive but it doesn't make up for their total incompetence, rudeness and ignorance!"
"worst company ever used.from day one of switch.takes ages to get through on the phone.dont reply to e mails.terrible customer service."
"They're taking £30 DD every month and not showing it credited to my account with them. It means there's NO running total of my payments so my account with them is in chaos. I'm just one of hundreds of customers they're taking money from without accounting for it. This so called energy company should be closed down - but it will probably collapse anyway. Don't go anywhere near them or you'll be sorry you did!"
"They took a direct debit after I cancelled my contract (Before it had started). Tried to ring on many occasions and was left on the phone for 10 minutes each time with no answer. Wrote twice and got no reply, even though they say they will reply within 10 days. They then rang to say they would refund my money within 10 days and to be fair they did, months after taking it originally. Do not touch at all."
"I've been with them for months, always paid my bills. Move home and so ended contract but they had an 'admin error' and took 2 lots of payments from my account. The last 4 weeks have been my constant chasing them to pay me back, with empty promises of payment. Last contact was with Ateek a sales person and Nick a sales team manager, both promised the return of my money but still they have not returned a penny."
"Never got my gas card .Electricity does not work at my point .Staff are not very helpful."
K Sareen
"Totally appalling non existent customer service. Never reply to emails, do not keep promise of phoning back. Accepted order for electricity and gas switchover but no communication of completion. Now I find that electric has switched but not gas and they even deny that I requested gas even though they sent email originally acknowledging both. Keep away from this company. Once I disconnect I will not go back to them in a million years. So much for trying a new smaller company who promises to be everything that the big boys aren't but are complete pretence."
Economy Energy is rated 1.32 based on 19 reviews