CeX Reviews

72% of reviewers recommend CeX

How would you rate CeX?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

37 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
hugh

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about CeX in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Hugh
"All of my purchases were delivered perfect in great time exactly as advertised, good price on the dvds that i purchased, polite informative helpful staff, i will continue to be a customer of Cex for a long time."
"Good prices."
"Bought a phone on the 26th of January 2017 from the Sauchiehall street branch.I had it a week and realised that it was not connecting to a network automatically and I had to manually reconnect to my network.This was no good to me so I bought another phone.I took the phone back to the shop today 17/1/2018 and was told that they would test the phone and could I come back into the store 2 hours later.I went back to the store and was informed that despite them not being able to loose a signal and test what I said was the problem on the phone and that the phone was working fine. I had a verbal exchange with the manageress who instead of listening to reason stated that as she could not lose a signal despite trying 3 different sim cards that the phone was fine and became very aggressive and started swearing and offering me £60 in vouchers instead of £60 in cash which was how I originally paid.The phone was within the 30 day cash back policy and it was faulty so any reasonable person should and would have expected their cash back.What kind of business cannot diagnose a fault,tell you that they cannot diagnose a fault and still deny you your rights? I asked to speak to someone above this very angry young upstart but she point blank refused. I would advise that anyone thinking of buying a phone from this company to really think long and hard about doing it as you will probably end up with a phone that does not work properly and out of pocket !"
Nathan
"Good items, decent condition"
Keith Beardsmore
"A Very Helpful Store"
"As always great service!"
Ian Chamberlain
"The sold me a pre owned X BOX that has a family lock,a 4 pin code installed which renders the x box useless and not fit for purpose.The shop refuses to deal with the problem or give me a refund.I have infomed their head office,WHICH consumer guide and will contact trading standards."
Ian Chamberlain
Verified Reviewer
"I was sold a used X BOX by this company througb their shop in Marlands centre,southampton.It has a 4 pin code fitted by the previous owner or person unknown and i don't know the code.This makes the X BOX unusable and not fit for purpose.The staff in the shop have decided it is mine,the customers problem and mine alone to correct.No refund,no technical help,just for me to go away and solve it myself.I am and will take action until my money is returned or the problem with the x box corrected.Shoddy is a word that springs to mind."
"bought several electronic products and they were in very good conditions at very good price"
Mrs Urmila Harani
"They fixed a faulty game for me for me."
"i travelled nearly 30 miles by train to the shop in Ann street Belfast for Games that are advertised on there website only to be told that some of the games are damaged and some have been sold and they FORGOT to take them off there site, really unhappy with the service would not recommend them."
Ewan Pickett
"They are always very reliable and fast service."
"the first time I used them they where great but this time they have tried to rip me off with the goods that I wanted to sell"
"In store - Braintree. Very polite and helpful staff. Reasonable sums paid for goods I took in to exchange."
"Good website overall. Difference between their buy price and sell price is quite big but costs must be covered so understandable. Good quality product. No “collect from store option available” and postage is £3"
Douglas Matheson
"I've bought and sold DVDs through the Console Exchange (CeX) and the staff have always been friendly. Whenever I ask a recommendation, they offer unbiased opinions that pretty much always turn out to suit me. Good people and a good service."
"The store was big and items were easy to find; however the staff seemed bored, unenthusiastic and quiet which made going to the till a bit awkward"
Joel
"Good prices on 2nd hand stuff."
Daniel Parker
"The game was in great condition, arrived as described and no delays. Plus 2 year warranty just brilliant!"
Rhys Taylor
"Always cheap and cheerful. Items always work."
CeX is rated 3.95 based on 43 reviews