Warranty Assist Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Warranty Assist

How would you rate Warranty Assist?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

9 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Another ripped off customer !

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Warranty Assist in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Another Ripped Off Customer !
Verified Reviewer
"I bought my car in March of 2017 and as an expensive purchase, i also took out a Gold warranty policy with Warranty Assist. In December i had a gear box malfunction error message appear on the dash display so i booked it into the main dealer who confirmed a module within the gearbox had failed and needed to be replaced. I called Warranty Assist on multiple occasions on the Friday to seek approval for the repair, in the end as i was on hold, paying an extortionate amount in call charges, decided to email them instead. By Monday afternoon I heard nothing so called them again and after about 30 odd mins got through to a rude and obnoxious call agent. He eventually logged my call and said I would here back from their engineers. I explained I knew what the problem was as it had already been to the main dealer, a number of servos and electronics within the gearbox had failed. As I needed the car to get to work and back I paid for the parts and booked In the car with the main dealer as their hourly rate was within the rates advertised by the Warranty group. About a week later, after constantly chasing by email the rejected my claim as it wasn’t a part covered in my policy , I showed them the extract from the policy where it clearly states the parts that failed are covered and so I appealed. Again heard nothing so chased and chased and also emailed them evidence of my claim and that the parts were covered. Eventually they got back to me and rejected my claim. Not once did they call me, even though by email I asked them on multiple times for a senior manager to call me. This is probably the worst company I have ever had the miss fortune to deal with. DO NOT BUY A POLICY FROM THIS ORGANISATION – THEY ARE RIP OFF MERCHANTS. I only gave 1 start as I had to give them something, it should be no starts !!"
"Not really worth the one star really... I have been left on the phone for ages or disconnected due to phones being engaged. My 1st claim was chaotic enough, back and forth trying not to accept the costs of a legitimate claim. This claim after 2 weeks without the car, I finally get through to claims dept after many calls and messages, whom to my surprise verbally authorised work to go ahead. Excellent I thought, I call the garage to get the work done. Not 20 mins after this call I got an email stating they will not pay for the work to be done. I truly give up with this company, Disregard all the positive reviews Ive used them twice and both were a mess, if buying a 2nd hand car and the sales man hands you this warranty - walk away - its not worth anything. Buyers and Car sales beware!"
A Very Unhappy Mother
Unverified Reviewer
"Same experience as another review , gearbox and clutch failed on my son's car,5 months into his extended gold warranty.Although he was persuaded to purchase an extended gold warranty over the phone ,"as it covers everything" only to be informed when taken to a garage via warranty assist that none of these works are covered, even though the garage stated the bearings were broken in the gearbox.. Why sell a policy on a used car that does not cover faults caused by wear as a used vehicle will have mileage and use, not a new car!!!. Gearboxes never just breakdown, as all parts on a car wear.In the gearbox part of the warranty states that it covers internal bearings, which my son has questioned via e mail to warranty assist as it seems you cannot contact them direct and talk to a human being, all by e mail with their standard reply. Also on warranty pack it states you can opt out of the wear part of the policy,this was never offered to my son. Absolute rip off. Would happily let me pay for the gearbox to be stripped down in the garage, one that we had to take the car as instructed by warranty assist, and the garage is not willing to do this, and then decided, The garage then has my vehicle that would need me to pay for all the works to be done. Sounds suspicious to me .My only advice is DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. This has been the worst experience for my young son ever, who parted with his money in good faith for a warranty that will not help keep his car on the road."
"Cooling system failed 3 months in. Lucky I had the warranty assist gold cover which states cooling system is covered. After the car when into their garage it turns out the particular part which failed is not covered so I will have to pay for the parts and the Labour. Oh yes and they charged me £72 to diagnose this fault for me and this is only refunded if it's warranty repair, so I lost that cash too. Total crooks. Avoid."
"AVOID AT ALL COSTS. YOUR FAULT IS MOST LIKELY NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY. They will do everything they can to not pay out on a claim. They are incredibly rude over the phone.They had my car in the garage for over 2 weeks. I wish I had read the reviews of Warranty Assist before i purchased my car. They are a complete joke."
Elliot Barden
Unverified Reviewer
"As with all other reviews on here I had the same issues. You pay for the first 30 days yet you can't make a claim in that time and after that they find any excuse to wriggle out of doing the repair. Their helpline and customer service is non existent and the complicated way they get you to do anything just to make a claim just to be told they aren't going to honour it is a joke. Avoid at all costs"
"Terrible Company. will find excuses to not honour the claim. Staff is very evasive. You can never get hold of the designated members. Will avoid answering calls. T & C's are written with exclusion in the small print and no matter what the problem maybe , company will find a way to avoid paying."
"Used them a fair few times as a dealer and shocked when it came to the first claim. You are covered for nothing in first 30 days (Yet you still pay for it). Covers exclude wear & tear, Excludes service parts. Cover is only for sudden breakdown. T & C don't define sudden breakdown hence used by the company as a "get out of jail card". Three main parts in a car: 1- Clutch, since when do clutches suddenly break? They break because the plates wear off over time (Not covered) 2- Gear Box (When does a gearbox ever suddenly break? they break due to wear and tear (not covered) 3- Engines, sudden break down? Don't think so, chains break, engines overheat and gaskets blow, isn't that by wear and tear?? When did you last see a brand new chain or belt break...... ? Most parts in any car break because internal parts wear off, this is not covered. T&C are designed to offer a very little or no cover. Rude and extremely illusive staff could not get hold of contacts for weeks, promised to call back several times but never do. Reply to emails quickly for sales but Ignore emails when it comes to a claim. It’s vehicle owners responsibility to prove and pay for the costs to prove that breakdown is sudden. (How on earth will anyone do that?) For my dealer friends, taking out warranty does not shift the legal responsibility and warranty assist will not honour any claim on a major repair, so really the value for money is ZERO here. I had customer coming back to me for refund on vehicle, did substantial damage to my reputation. Don't be fooled by the few 5 star reviews, if you read them carefully you will see they are mostly scripted. At first i was thinking I might be the only one bitten by these but reading a lots of other reviews its clear I was right. Many people crying about chains, clutches not covered. Do your research, there are other companies out there, which will charge a bit more but will provide a real cover. My advice to all Dealerships is to always thoroughly read T &C and ask for explanation in writing before you sign up your business with any warranty company."
Martin Reader
"Assured me that everything was covered, only to find these people are very slippery giving the most ridiculous reason not to honour their warranty. Don't waste your money."
Warranty Assist is rated 1.00 based on 9 reviews