Warranty Assist Reviews

8% of reviewers recommend Warranty Assist

How would you rate Warranty Assist ?

David Kilvington
Verified Reviewer
"Following my previous post, Warranty Assist were good enough to contact me to resolve my issues. Its nice to see a company care, and act when they have had an unhappy customer. I am pleased to say that they were good enough to contribute to the repair so I am now not an unhappy customer, and I can get the necessary work completed on my car. Thank you."
David Kilvington
Verified Reviewer
"I have given one star which is probably two stars too many! My car covered under warranty assist encountered a problem, they insisted where the car went and went the garage (reputable BMW Dealer) they told the garage to fine out the problem the quote was £3500 to mend the car, they then stalled for three days! to find a reason why not to pay out, then also claimed that they had not authorised the garage to strip the car to locate the problem. leaving me with a cost to put the car back together!! If you want a warranty on a car DONT USE THESE PEOPLE- check out the reviews there isnt a good one!"
Adrian Edwards
Verified Reviewer
"waste of space they robbers nothing covered because wear n tear factor they like robbers take money but wont pay on a claim i only brought car because said 6 months gold warranty timing chains covered then said when it made noise wear n tear jokers"
"Just save your money . Not worth the paper it's written on . Wrongly diagnosed then rejected claim . Told me it would cost 2800 pounds and if I would have paid for the repair I would still have a car that wouldn't work. Took to a specialist I found and fixed for les than half the price. And was a totally different problem to what warranty assist repair people told me. It turns out that the parts that failed would also not be covered. So save your money or find a company that the policy will cover you. As the seems to be no parts covered. Poor customer service and use a different companie to deal with your claim . Never offered to refund for incorrect assessment and when I asked for refund for the policy. Guess what . No sorry . I wouldn't give any stars but can t give that option."
"Rubbish warrenty got a gold warrenty been with them for 7 months as its yearly, my turbos gone on my 2007 cls 81 miles on the clock been to their garage which they put me in and the garage said for a new turbo is 900£ without labour but warrenty only willing to pay (£250) i was laughting how stupid and rubbish they are.. i rather buy a turbo myself for £300 with warrenty on it and get it fixed saves me atleast 700£ without this stupid gold epg warrenty bull...."
Adrian Sosialuk
Verified Reviewer
"Bought a used BMW 2010 with only 53K milage. I wanted to get an external warranty from the dealer as well and was advised Warranty Assist - the Gold Premium package! I feel so sorry I did not check them online earlier... Called them when I started having some issues with the car and first they arranged a booking in a garage sending me an email with date, hour and place. Took half day off from work, went there and the guy in garage said there is no booking as he explained over the phone to the Warranty Assist that they could not do anything on that day. Not only that - they explained that due to the problems described they could not get it fixed anyway. So called them again and asked them for the car to be checked by main dealer. They said it cannot because of my contract with them. Called them again and they said yes - you have Gold package so it should be fine ?! I was not getting any confirmation so kept calling them - each time I had to wait between 5 - 15 minutes for somebody to pick up. Every time I was told that someone is going to call me back in the next hour and never did. Eventually they booked it at a main dealer and I got my car checked. They refused every single fault to be repaired as they said it is not on the list of the parts on my warranty. Wow - when they promote their service the gold standard basically says all covered - not the case! You need to take a magnifying glass and read all this fine print to find out they are basically trying to rip you off your money. Avoid by all means - if you don't believe me read all other review on other sites as well."
Another Ripped Off Customer !
Verified Reviewer
"I bought my car in March of 2017 and as an expensive purchase, i also took out a Gold warranty policy with Warranty Assist. In December i had a gear box malfunction error message appear on the dash display so i booked it into the main dealer who confirmed a module within the gearbox had failed and needed to be replaced. I called Warranty Assist on multiple occasions on the Friday to seek approval for the repair, in the end as i was on hold, paying an extortionate amount in call charges, decided to email them instead. By Monday afternoon I heard nothing so called them again and after about 30 odd mins got through to a rude and obnoxious call agent. He eventually logged my call and said I would here back from their engineers. I explained I knew what the problem was as it had already been to the main dealer, a number of servos and electronics within the gearbox had failed. As I needed the car to get to work and back I paid for the parts and booked In the car with the main dealer as their hourly rate was within the rates advertised by the Warranty group. About a week later, after constantly chasing by email the rejected my claim as it wasn’t a part covered in my policy , I showed them the extract from the policy where it clearly states the parts that failed are covered and so I appealed. Again heard nothing so chased and chased and also emailed them evidence of my claim and that the parts were covered. Eventually they got back to me and rejected my claim. Not once did they call me, even though by email I asked them on multiple times for a senior manager to call me. This is probably the worst company I have ever had the miss fortune to deal with. DO NOT BUY A POLICY FROM THIS ORGANISATION – THEY ARE RIP OFF MERCHANTS. I only gave 1 start as I had to give them something, it should be no starts !!"
"Not really worth the one star really... I have been left on the phone for ages or disconnected due to phones being engaged. My 1st claim was chaotic enough, back and forth trying not to accept the costs of a legitimate claim. This claim after 2 weeks without the car, I finally get through to claims dept after many calls and messages, whom to my surprise verbally authorised work to go ahead. Excellent I thought, I call the garage to get the work done. Not 20 mins after this call I got an email stating they will not pay for the work to be done. I truly give up with this company, Disregard all the positive reviews Ive used them twice and both were a mess, if buying a 2nd hand car and the sales man hands you this warranty - walk away - its not worth anything. Buyers and Car sales beware!"
"Cooling system failed 3 months in. Lucky I had the warranty assist gold cover which states cooling system is covered. After the car when into their garage it turns out the particular part which failed is not covered so I will have to pay for the parts and the Labour. Oh yes and they charged me £72 to diagnose this fault for me and this is only refunded if it's warranty repair, so I lost that cash too. Total crooks. Avoid."
"AVOID AT ALL COSTS. YOUR FAULT IS MOST LIKELY NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY. They will do everything they can to not pay out on a claim. They are incredibly rude over the phone.They had my car in the garage for over 2 weeks. I wish I had read the reviews of Warranty Assist before i purchased my car. They are a complete joke."
"Terrible Company. will find excuses to not honour the claim. Staff is very evasive. You can never get hold of the designated members. Will avoid answering calls. T & C's are written with exclusion in the small print and no matter what the problem maybe , company will find a way to avoid paying."
"Used them a fair few times as a dealer and shocked when it came to the first claim. You are covered for nothing in first 30 days (Yet you still pay for it). Covers exclude wear & tear, Excludes service parts. Cover is only for sudden breakdown. T & C don't define sudden breakdown hence used by the company as a "get out of jail card". Three main parts in a car: 1- Clutch, since when do clutches suddenly break? They break because the plates wear off over time (Not covered) 2- Gear Box (When does a gearbox ever suddenly break? they break due to wear and tear (not covered) 3- Engines, sudden break down? Don't think so, chains break, engines overheat and gaskets blow, isn't that by wear and tear?? When did you last see a brand new chain or belt break...... ? Most parts in any car break because internal parts wear off, this is not covered. T&C are designed to offer a very little or no cover. Rude and extremely illusive staff could not get hold of contacts for weeks, promised to call back several times but never do. Reply to emails quickly for sales but Ignore emails when it comes to a claim. It’s vehicle owners responsibility to prove and pay for the costs to prove that breakdown is sudden. (How on earth will anyone do that?) For my dealer friends, taking out warranty does not shift the legal responsibility and warranty assist will not honour any claim on a major repair, so really the value for money is ZERO here. I had customer coming back to me for refund on vehicle, did substantial damage to my reputation. Don't be fooled by the few 5 star reviews, if you read them carefully you will see they are mostly scripted. At first i was thinking I might be the only one bitten by these but reading a lots of other reviews its clear I was right. Many people crying about chains, clutches not covered. Do your research, there are other companies out there, which will charge a bit more but will provide a real cover. My advice to all Dealerships is to always thoroughly read T &C and ask for explanation in writing before you sign up your business with any warranty company."
Warranty Assist is rated 1.25 based on 12 reviews