Warranty Assist Reviews

8% of reviewers recommend Warranty Assist
11AM
11AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Warranty Assist?

Tell us how Warranty Assist made you happy

Telephone
"I wish I would of read all these reviews before I took the 3 year warranty out looks like they have a common theme .. I’m appealing at the moment let’s hope they read all these reviews and listen to there customers .. with my warranty they are trying to say they do not cover me I’ve looked through the booklet and on pages 4-5 it states what they cover and my car does fall into that category.. fingers crossed they read my appeal and try and help me as one if there customers."
Are you Warranty Assist? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Warranty Assist receives and that when things do go wrong, you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"They are refusing to pay up for something very clearly stated in their policy document. Argued calmly with some poor chap who had no idea and kept having to ask his manager/the assessment team who as soon as I demanded to speak to them the 'just stepped into a meeting'. They are shamelessly trying it on but it seems there is nothing I can actually do about this. It's criminal. I will be escalating this to the highest level both within and outside Warranty Assist."
"Complete cowboys. Promised main or specialist dealers to resolve the issue. Sent me to Halfords auto centre for my Range Rover, who gave me a blank stare and " we don't know what the problem is, we were told it was just a routine safety inspection". They even still charged me 72 pounds, after saying we won't charge you as nothing has been done...and still waiting for a refund. After taking the car away and wasting a work day, they sent me to a specialist finally. Why not the first time? Car passed MOT week before and an advisory on an oil leak so thought to get that checked. I had knocking the week after and the garage found there were issues around the steering and suspension the following week, £1232 bill and suddenly warranty assist say its "wear" and not sudden breakdown so its been rejected!. Steering Column shaft & tilt mechanism & couplings, hydraulic pumps & reservoir & pressure pipes, steering & idler boxes, rack and pinion assembly (including hydraulic rams and electric motors) and track rods & track rod ends. If it was wear and tear, it would have failed an MOT. Rung me to tell me they want to charge me £250 pounds more as the garage wanted more time to look at the oil leak and suprise, also may not be covered, despite listed as "Oil Seals and Gaskets The engine crankshaft rear oil seal and the main gearbox input shaft oil seal are both covered and other oil seals and gaskets that would necessitate the removal of the engine, a gearbox or a final drive unit to carry out repairs are all covered subject to any oil leak from them being sufficiently advanced that oil can be seen to be dripping" Had to chase for two days, and got more calls from the team to sell me a renewal than actually about the car. "Will ring you back" they said for two days straight, while they figured out how to get out of paying for my car to be fixed. I asked the garage and I was told that they asked loads of questions of "do you think the car has been hit" or "has he hit a curb", despite me clearly stating none of this has happened when I put the car in. 0 points for the obnoxious guy "I'm a mechanic so I know" on the phone. All the time they had my car they didn't spend a penny. And this is gold service? A CCJ is on the way, and a request for all the phonecalls recorded between the garage and them. On a plus note the family run garage I paid directly to were honest hard working people unlike this lot."
"Unreliable, dishonest company, totally worthless Under gold warranty I had to call them to start the process. After several calls I got an email with the details of their partner garage and I took the car there. Got the results after 4(!) days with a quote of £1300 repair cost. The garage sent the details to the warranty assist engineer and he called me and I was told, they got the quote and just needed the MOT certificate before accepting and confirming the costs. I sent it immediately, and got the reply that everything was ok, they were going to send the confirmation soon. Two days later they sent another email which stated that the type of fault was not covered and they were not going to pay. Changed their mind quickly... Avoid this useless dishonest people."
"I had taken out a Gold Policy with this disgraceful company, I had noticed on my BMW X5 some white smoke coming out of my exhaust and the oil had indicated I needed to top up way quicker that usual so I took the vehicle to BMW and after extensive diagnosis they said the injectors had fuel in the engine and that fuel injectors needed to be changed and they could not just change one they had to change all 8 of them since the injectors were old which made sense. So when I sent this to Warranty Assist they said they could not fix it and said the following failures are not covered under your warranty: Your 8 x injector problem is not covered under your warranty because the part has not failed. As per the definitions section of your warranty, Breakdown means the sudden and unexpected failure of a component. Sorry so if there is smoke coming out of the exhaust and oil suddenly drains from the engine surely I had to have that checked out before i break down on the road? Clearly Warranty Assist would rather I breakdown before they pay out and even then most probably would not do it. I am now being left with a £3000 bill to pay BMW and MotorEasy are not paying anything so I am left up creek without a paddle but yet they were very happy to take the £650 annual fee upfront. Complete not worth the paper they are written on and I will be cancelling my policy with them. On top of it now they are saying they will not pay me back the remainder of the policy because I made a claim which they have not paid for. You couldn't make it up. DO NOT USE THEM SAVE YOUR MONEY."
"Rubbish company. They judt make up excuses and say your part is not covered. Avoid"
"JUST IGONRE THEM YOU WILL HAVE AN EXCUSE THAT THE PART IS NOT COVERED"
"having been a suppling dealer of these warranty's (and at a cost to me of around £20k and a very low claim rate) and being told a customers part is not covered that is clearly on the warranty schedule, does not wash with me, the customer and myself were just fobbed of when as a company are you going to realise you can not treat your paying customer like that?? if you are offered a warranty assist by a dealer refuse there pay out rate is very poor at worst just a waste of money you will end up paying in the long run ask for another warranty provider that has a better reputation than this bad for customer business"
"Absolutely appalling service!!! Gold warranty states they cover gearboxes but they’ve refused to pay out as they don’t cover “the particular part” that went wrong in the gearbox!! This company is a complete scam!! I highly recommend anyone reading this not to touch them with a barge pole, when buying a warranty they are very helpful & responsive...when trying to make a claim they are dismissive & completely unresponsive!! Lesson learnt....always read the reviews first😖!!"
"Purchased a fiat 500s with 23k mikes on the clock. The car then covered 2500 miles and the gearbox bearings went. To then be told this is wear and tear and it’s not covered? How can you morally reject a claim for a Car that’s only covered 2500 miles in 3 months up and down a motorway. The car has failed due to parts breakdown but tried every thing in the book not to pay out. Now after continually ringing due to such poor updated and contact I now have a £66 phone bill. This company is nothing but a con and not worth the money or the Anything thing written on paper. And you call this a gold warranty? Scam artists."
"Pretty much exactly the same scenario as Matthew with the bmw below and this wasn’t the first time I had problems with them. The first time I couldn’t wait 2 weeks and use a garage over 10 miles from my house to get my car fixed so I ended up paying myself, I have probably 20 garages in a 2 mile radius of my house but warranty dissect didn’t have a ‘trusting relationship’ with any of these garages... more like they knew I needed my car for work so knew I wouldn’t be able to wait 2 weeks for the appointment or drive my broken down vehicle 10 miles to the garage! Anyway like I said the second time was almost exactly the same as Matthew with the BMW in these comments. They talk the talk but will NEVER deliver and will end up costing you more money than you would have spent at your local garage. Any good comments on here are probably false and written by the company. PLEASE DO NOT USE THESE CROOKS!!! Seriously... they are crooks who will do everything in their power to prevent paying up. How a company can treat its paying customers so disrespectfully is crazy. I wouldn’t even give them 1 star but I had to rate them to comment! CROOKS!!!!!!!"
"All good. my ford focus came with a 6 month dealer warranty. My wheel bearing failed last week and Warranty Assist sorted it quickly and paid the workshop. saved me £250 !"
"An absolute disaster from the start and still not sorted. I called three weeks ago with a warranty issue. I researched the issue before calling and also contacted BMW. BMW confirmed my car was not subject to a recall that was related to my symptoms. All suggestions for these symptoms pointed to an Alternator issue. It was booked into a local garage who then said incorrectly that it was a recall related issue. It then obviously transpired it was not. Then they said they could not diagnose it and had to go to a specialist. Here I am at the specialist who immediately diagnosed the issue as the alternator! Exactly what I suggested three weeks ago. I'm borrowing cars and using trains because of this. Now to top it off the repair was not authorised. How do I get home safely without getting this fixed? The car is barely drivable and potentially dangerous due to electrical system failures. Absolutely shocking. They have refused to pay as apparently this is not a sudden failure (It has taken from 10am diagnosis to 330pm to inform me of this after constantly chasing them). The Garage have confirmed it is a sudden failure and also causing the associated failures of other electrical systems as a result of the alternator issue. Therefore potentially dangerous as No ABS / Traction Control / Gearbox stuck in one gear / indicators don't work to mention a few. I have filed an appeal and will update this review with the outcome for better or worse once complete. Have rated as one star as a zero is not an option. In the meantime I have had to pay almost £500 to have the problem sorted and make the car usable. I await the appeal outcome and will update here."
"Following my previous post, Warranty Assist were good enough to contact me to resolve my issues. Its nice to see a company care, and act when they have had an unhappy customer. I am pleased to say that they were good enough to contribute to the repair so I am now not an unhappy customer, and I can get the necessary work completed on my car. Thank you."
"I have given one star which is probably two stars too many! My car covered under warranty assist encountered a problem, they insisted where the car went and went the garage (reputable BMW Dealer) they told the garage to fine out the problem the quote was £3500 to mend the car, they then stalled for three days! to find a reason why not to pay out, then also claimed that they had not authorised the garage to strip the car to locate the problem. leaving me with a cost to put the car back together!! If you want a warranty on a car DONT USE THESE PEOPLE- check out the reviews there isnt a good one!"
"waste of space they robbers nothing covered because wear n tear factor they like robbers take money but wont pay on a claim i only brought car because said 6 months gold warranty timing chains covered then said when it made noise wear n tear jokers"
"Just save your money . Not worth the paper it's written on . Wrongly diagnosed then rejected claim . Told me it would cost 2800 pounds and if I would have paid for the repair I would still have a car that wouldn't work. Took to a specialist I found and fixed for les than half the price. And was a totally different problem to what warranty assist repair people told me. It turns out that the parts that failed would also not be covered. So save your money or find a company that the policy will cover you. As the seems to be no parts covered. Poor customer service and use a different companie to deal with your claim . Never offered to refund for incorrect assessment and when I asked for refund for the policy. Guess what . No sorry . I wouldn't give any stars but can t give that option."
"Rubbish warrenty got a gold warrenty been with them for 7 months as its yearly, my turbos gone on my 2007 cls 81 miles on the clock been to their garage which they put me in and the garage said for a new turbo is 900£ without labour but warrenty only willing to pay (£250) i was laughting how stupid and rubbish they are.. i rather buy a turbo myself for £300 with warrenty on it and get it fixed saves me atleast 700£ without this stupid gold epg warrenty bull...."
"Bought a used BMW 2010 with only 53K milage. I wanted to get an external warranty from the dealer as well and was advised Warranty Assist - the Gold Premium package! I feel so sorry I did not check them online earlier... Called them when I started having some issues with the car and first they arranged a booking in a garage sending me an email with date, hour and place. Took half day off from work, went there and the guy in garage said there is no booking as he explained over the phone to the Warranty Assist that they could not do anything on that day. Not only that - they explained that due to the problems described they could not get it fixed anyway. So called them again and asked them for the car to be checked by main dealer. They said it cannot because of my contract with them. Called them again and they said yes - you have Gold package so it should be fine ?! I was not getting any confirmation so kept calling them - each time I had to wait between 5 - 15 minutes for somebody to pick up. Every time I was told that someone is going to call me back in the next hour and never did. Eventually they booked it at a main dealer and I got my car checked. They refused every single fault to be repaired as they said it is not on the list of the parts on my warranty. Wow - when they promote their service the gold standard basically says all covered - not the case! You need to take a magnifying glass and read all this fine print to find out they are basically trying to rip you off your money. Avoid by all means - if you don't believe me read all other review on other sites as well."
"I bought my car in March of 2017 and as an expensive purchase, i also took out a Gold warranty policy with Warranty Assist. In December i had a gear box malfunction error message appear on the dash display so i booked it into the main dealer who confirmed a module within the gearbox had failed and needed to be replaced. I called Warranty Assist on multiple occasions on the Friday to seek approval for the repair, in the end as i was on hold, paying an extortionate amount in call charges, decided to email them instead. By Monday afternoon I heard nothing so called them again and after about 30 odd mins got through to a rude and obnoxious call agent. He eventually logged my call and said I would here back from their engineers. I explained I knew what the problem was as it had already been to the main dealer, a number of servos and electronics within the gearbox had failed. As I needed the car to get to work and back I paid for the parts and booked In the car with the main dealer as their hourly rate was within the rates advertised by the Warranty group. About a week later, after constantly chasing by email the rejected my claim as it wasn’t a part covered in my policy , I showed them the extract from the policy where it clearly states the parts that failed are covered and so I appealed. Again heard nothing so chased and chased and also emailed them evidence of my claim and that the parts were covered. Eventually they got back to me and rejected my claim. Not once did they call me, even though by email I asked them on multiple times for a senior manager to call me. This is probably the worst company I have ever had the miss fortune to deal with. DO NOT BUY A POLICY FROM THIS ORGANISATION – THEY ARE RIP OFF MERCHANTS. I only gave 1 start as I had to give them something, it should be no starts !!"
Warranty Assist is rated 1.28 based on 25 reviews