Calm - Yoga, Pilates & Mindfulness Reviews

5.0
Based on 180 reviews
Read Calm - Yoga, Pilates & Mindfulness Reviews

About Calm - Yoga, Pilates & Mindfulness:

CALM is a community & education focused yoga studio located in the Midlands (Burton & Derby). Family owned and operated since 2017, offering classes, workshops and yoga teacher training in beautiful, clean and warming studios.

Founded by Vanessa & Blair, with one clear goal in mind: to nurture and develop a community where people are happier and healthier for many years to come.

vanessa@calmyogastudio.co.uk

Calm - Yoga, Pilates & MindfulnessThe Well House (Rear of 146), High Street, Burton-on-Trent DE14 1JE

Tell us how Calm - Yoga, Pilates & Mindfulness made you happy
Omg where to start ? This place is an absolute gem . I joined 2 months ago and I am obsessed with the yoga classes. The teachers are incredible so professional and are happy to answer any questions on your yoga practice. The space is so calming and after a hard day it is a real actuary. I have attended 3 workshops so far which have been enlightening and wonderful. I also want to give a shout out to Haley who is not only an incredible yoga teacher but is a master of treatments. I had a wonderful facial today which she explained exactly what she was going to do and the shoulder and arm massage was wonderful. I feel a true glow after it. This will be the first of many therapies I will be booking. Love it !!!!!
From start to finish Hayley made me feel so comfortable. I had struggled to find a slot for a treatment but she assured me that should an appointment become available she would let me know ASAP which she did, it was meant to be! Her massage technique and skill was amazing, she adapted the massage to accommodate my pregnancy and made me feel relaxed throughout. I visited the beautiful studio feeling anxious (as today is my due date) and I left feeling like a totally new person. Thank you, I can't wait to come back!
This place is absolutely incredible! (I’m addicted 😁) I’m so grateful to have found this little gem! As soon as you walk in, you can feel a calm, happy vibe with welcoming receptionist. All the yoga teachers are amazing, friendly and so helpful. I recently did a workshop with Hayley and had to bring my family as I go on about this place so much… the workshop was fantastic, it was about taking care of our skin with a vegan night routine and an nice yoga flow in the end. The products was so lovely and I learnt so much about on how to look after my skin! After the two hour workshop of candles, relaxation, body flow, self care and love I had one of the best nights sleep. I couldn’t recommend this place enough or the workshops with Hayley! I’ll be going to a lot more!
Had such a luxury mineral facial with Hayley and couldn't of been made to feelore welcome or relaxed, love calm in Derby it's a beautiful venue and everyone I've met has been lovely x
I had my first Hawaiian lomi lomi massage with Hayley last week and I’m still a little lost for words to describe the profound impact the treatment has had on my body, mind & soul! What I can tell you is that Hayley is truly gifted with the most amazing healing touch. Having struggled greatly with my self love, self healing and self care routine something has been triggered within me to truly start my healing journey. Thank you Hayley I honestly can’t wait for the next one and the magic that will follow ✨🙏✨
I got my son a Himalayan Salt rock massage for his 10th birthday. He suffers with anxiety and is under assessment for autism. From booking, to today, when he had the massage Hayley has been outstanding! When I explained how he struggled she put extra time onto the beginning of the appointment so he could settle in (this was so needed as it took him 15 minutes to even agree to go upstairs!) Hayley was so calm & patient with him, bringing the rocks down for him to see & feel, and explaining exactly what would happen. She him put him so at ease that during his massage he fell asleep!! He got to bring the rocks home, and Hayley was brilliant explaining all the ways we could use them at home between treatments. I can’t thank her enough for giving him an experience he can’t wait to repeat!!
I visited Hayley for my first ever massage yesterday and it did not disappoint. Brilliant experience from start to finish. Hayley was a very professional and welcoming therapist and the treatment was perfect for my tight muscles. I loved how the Himalayan salt rocks were heated and you even got to take them home after to keep using! I've already booked in my next treatment. Would definitely recommend. Thank you again.
Highly recommended therapist Hayley! I had incredible experience lomilomi full body massage with her. I was melting in her hand, my mind totally switched off and after feeling refilled myself with peace, love and quiet …
I went to calm for a pregnancy massage with Haley and it was the best massage I’ve ever had. A really lovely, relaxing treatment for pregnancy, I would definitely recommend to friends and family.
I've been going to the Derby studio for several years. All the teachers are excellent and go to a lot of trouble to ensure everybody enjoys the classes. The studios (and reception area) are modern, clean and well-equipped. With 3 studios, they are able to offer a very wide range of classes - it's allowed me to try a lot of different types of exercise. I strongly recommend Calm at Derby!
A few days ago I tried two classes with a new yoga instructor called Grace Knighton. I did the beginners yoga class which was fabulous and I also did yin too. Grace made me feel comfortable throughout both classes and she made sure I was comfortable doing certain poses I found a little tricky. She was always on hand to help me when I needed it. Grace is very knowledgeable too. I learned a lot on just how important it is (when trying to do balancing poses ) that I need to breathe more. This is something I realise that I need to work on so thankyou Grace for two lovely classes you taught me. I came away feeling calmer, less stressed and at peace. I will definitely do more classes with Grace. If you haven’t already… go and try her classes. She’s amazing and has a great sense of humour too.😊🙏🏾
This afternoon I tried the lomilomi treatment with Hayley. Well what can I say… it was absolutely amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was so relaxing and really helped my body to reset and just let go.Hayley made me feel so special and made sure she explained everything to me beforehand. I would strongly reccomend this treatment, you will be amazed on how it makes you feel during and afterwards. I felt all the tension in my body just melt away. Thank you so much Hayley you truly are amazing and so caring when doing what you do best with such care and attention during my treatments. I’m really grateful for that. I will definetly have this treatment again.😊😴
I go here whenever I am around in Derby. The studio is a beautiful set up with little finish in touches that really add to the experience. There is always a variety of classes on too. I did the Strong Yoga class yesterday with Blair which was great, encompassing all different aspects of yoga whilst maintaining focus still on the breath and mind. The next day I returned for a complimentary massage (as there was a spare slot) which was very relaxing and recharging building upon the benefits gained from the yoga session the day before. Thankyou very much- would definitely recommend visiting if you are in Derby at any point.
My experience at Calm Studios in Burton is always fantastic. Most recently I had the Stretch and Allign treatment with Hayley which was recommended to me to help reduce tightness and improve mobility in my joints, as I do a lot of long-distance running and strength exercises. Hayley has a natural ability and obvious expertise and I felt the benefits this treatment provided almost immediately. I did try a couple of other massages before this one, but I'll probably make the Stretch and Allign a regular part of my recovery program, as the benefits are amazing.
I love calm studio,love yoga classes,love atmosphere there and teachers, special thanks Hayley for her nice treatments and massages she is an angel always feel touched, happy relaxed after her magic hands, highly recommend ❤️
I had an amazing full body massage with Blair at Calm; it was so relaxing and cosy in the treatment room and the Neals Yard oils used made the room and my skin smell incredible. The massage itself was so lovely and thoroughly restorative. Would 10/10 recommend for a relaxing and attentive experience! Thank you so much to Blair and rest of the team at Calm 🙏🙌☀️
I have just experienced my 2nd pro-age facial with Hayley at Calm Yoga Studios in Derby and it was such a treat - so relaxing and nurturing. The whole experience is relaxing and calming from start to finish. I felt like I was in a cosy warm cocoon where I could totally unwind while Hayley worked her magic. The products were lovely and smelled divine; my skin feels nourished and it’s really glowing! I received several compliments after my first visit on how healthy my skin looked. I can’t recommend Hayley highly enough and I will definitely be going back again soon! Worth every penny!
A really relaxing bespoke pregnancy massage with Hayley 😊 Hayley took the time to work on areas of my body that needed it the most at 39 weeks pregnant. Always a pleasure!!
I have had 2 massages now with Hayley and I honestly cannot recommend her enough. I am a hairdresser and suffer with general back pain, especially in my lower back. I made Hayley aware of this and she was super gentle on that area and checked the pressure was ok for me. My back feels brand new and I am enjoying having regular massages as a bit of ‘me time’ and to maintain a happy back. I’ll definitely be back to Hayley for more massages.
I had an absolute treat at ‘Calm’ with a ‘Relax and Unwind’ massage courtesy of Blair. Such a generous, caring, thoughtful experience where, for that moment in time, it was all about me! I felt completely looked after. Loved the amazing Neals Yard oils - warming and ‘zesty’- and the reminders to breathe took me back to my yoga practice which really helped me to switch off. Wonderful :-) Cannot wait to go back - this is actually less of a treat and more of a necessity!
Calm - Yoga, Pilates & Mindfulness is rated 4.99 based on 180 reviews