Swale Heating Reviews

22% of reviewers recommend Swale Heating
2PM
2PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Swale Heating?

Tell us how Swale Heating made you happy

"Great service , brought my appointment forward quickly , when I called up to explain my boiler had broken since the original booking . Mr B , Peterborough ."
Are you Swale Heating? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Where do I start! No proper heating or hot water for 4 weeks now. And still ongoing! I have 4 kids and a single parent working part time. 7 engineers have been. Some very rude. None have known what the last has done. Twice turning up with wrong parts. After making complaints and being assured it’s being dealt with I then get ignored and no one calls me back, my electricity bill is going through the roof as I’m running hot water off my immersion. Iv spent nearly £200 on electric in 4 weeks. I cannot afford this and is now getting me into financial difficulties. It’s absolutely disgusting. I suffer with anxiety and depression and this problem has had a massive effect on me. If you can avoid them like the plague. Fingers crossed my boiler gets fixed some time in the near future!"
"Would give them less than 1 if I could. Worst company I have ever encountered. I had only heating upstairs they took a look and left saying I needed a pump. Fitted pump still no proper heating came back and did a power flush. Had no heating or hot water!! Basically flushed it incorrectly all the sludge blocked the pipes between the immersion & boiler. Came back again cut out some pipes. Still nothing I need new parts for boiler and apparently another power flush! 4 weeks later now and 2 missed appointments. And waiting avoid at all costs unless you don't want any heating or hot water!"
"Customer service terrible! Been left with no hot water no heating for weeks...with 3 kids AVOID AT ALL COSTS. if i could give no stars i would! employees dont know what they are doing..."
"Dishonest company who try and lie their way out of it. A sales agent was only in my area today for another 6 weeks, so I booked in between 8-12. I was at work, but as this was the only day they could do I shuffled things. I was told I would be called at 8.am to let me know when they would be here. I called Swale to be left on hold for ages and hung up (if you select any option other than a new quote you are left on hold for ages) I called again after 12pm and the no show and no call I was told that I must be mistaken and that actually it was between 12-4pm. I explained that it was defo between 8-12pm as I had to change things around and worked hard to fit this in to my schedule, the lady that booked the appointment had told me this was the only time they could do on the whole week and that swale must have changed it later. To suddenly be told it was a 'a clerical error' (amazing!!!!) a it had been between 8-12pm but this error had meant that it was now between 12-4pm. I said I have taken the day off work and now had things to do that I needed to do on my day off this week - had I been informed earlier I could have done what I needed to do in the morning. The lady said she would call the rep to see what time it would be. (now bearing in mind I had accepted todays appointment as the rep was 'in my area') I was told he would be here in the next 3 hours (ie between 1pm-4pm) he was currently in Wolverhampton (some 3 hours away from my address!!) I said oh that's funny as I was told he was in my area today. To which another pack of lies and BS came out. I said you can cancel it as I have things to do and would not want to hear what excuses come out when the installation team fails to turn up. It strikes me this is a sales company trying to pretend they are busy to force people into signing for over priced goods and pry on the weak. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!"
"THANK MY LUCKY STARS I CHECKED ON THE REVIEWS. WAS ABOUT TO GET THEM TO CHANGE BOILER AND INSTAL SOME RADIATORS, PRICE WAS QUOTED, WE ASKED FOR FINANCE & DIFFERENT OPTIONS, NOT GIVEN IN WRITING. HAD A CALL TODAY FROM THEIR SALES PEOPLE READ THROUGH THE USUAL MUMBO JUMBO, THEN ASKED IF THERE IS PARKING OUTSIDE, WE SAID NO ITS A FLAT THERE IS NO PARKING OUTSIDE, BUT THERE IS PAY & DISPLAY. ASKED IF WE CAN ASSURE THERE WOULD BE A SPACE, NOW HOW WOULD WE KNOW THAT? HOW ON EARTH CAN WE KNOW IF THERE WOULD BE PARKING TOMORROW, DAY AFTER OR FOR THAT MATTER IN 3 MONTHS, EXPLAINED TO HER WE CANNOT ASSURE YOU THAT. OK WOULD WE PAY FOR THE PARKING? SWALE ARE CHARGING APPROX EXTRA 1000.00 FOR THE BOILER ON MY CHECKING THE PRICES & THEY WANT US TO PAY FOR THEIR PARKING, IN ADDITION WANT A GUARANTEE THERE WOULD BE A PARKING SPACE FOR THEM FOR A DATE WE HAVE NO IDEA WHEN THEY WOULD INSTAL! TOLD THEM FORGET IT DON'T WANT THEIR BOILER OR THEIR SERVICES. DECIDED TO CHECK REVIEWS AFTER THIS CALL & SO GLAD I DID."
"My boiler broke down on the Friday 04/01/2019 the engineer came out on sat 05 & said the pump had gone the would have to order the part but couldn't place the order till Monday 07. I put my immersion heater on so we had hot water Friday evening but the water was cold Saturday. I asked the engineer to look at the immersion heater as if wasn't working either. He looked at it & said " it's not working as it hasn't been wired to the electric's. He said he couldn't do it as he wasn't qualified. I rang swale heating only to be told " we don't wire it to the electric's as part of the installation. A new one was fitted by swale last year. We were left with no hot water or heating for 5 days. We had electric heaters & a gas fire but no way of getting hot water. Discusting service."
"Terrible company. Three times this week they have failed to turn up to an appointment. First appointment: excuse- too many emergency calls. Second appointment: excuse- they went to the wrong address, and believe it or not serviced the boiler and issued a certificate! (Someone got a free service) I waited in all day with hearing off as requested! Third appointment: excuse- our engineer can’t make it due to an emergency! Enough said. They wouldn’t arrange another engineer and were totally unhelpful. Joke company, bad experience. AVOID AVOID AVOID"
"Dreadful experience. Have now waited over a week for a Swale engineer to visit and fix our boiler. Engineer just didn't turn up for appointment, there was no communication and we've had no further contact despite emails, calls (spent 90 minutes on hold in total) and tweets. If you're looking for boiler breakdown cover go somewhere else. This lot is clearly hapless."
"I am a SSE customer and these are the main service engineer company. There customer service is absolutely shocking. The original visit from the engineer in April said there was a part on the Boiler tank needed re placing. They would arrange another visit and re place. The call never happened. I rang Swale direct only to get an answer machine on numerous occasions. Left full details no call back. I reported another fault direct to SSE with promise of call back from Swale to arrange an appointment. to date over nearly a week and 6 caĺls later. I have raised official complaint with SSE. Swale donr work weekends and by the looks of it there call back service doesnt work during the week either. I have suggested to SSE that they bin this complete shower as will look at taking my contract elsewhere. Shame that Swale seem to be ruining other businesses as well as there own. How is Swale still in business is beyond me. Very Very poor steer clear of them"
"I booked a boiler service with these cowboys and after 3 appointments with me waiting in for hours have given up and gone elsewhere. No apologies from them. Take my advice and avoid."
"Ordered new boiler paid deposit. Engineer turned up 24.7.2018 said flue didn't need moving ,had wrong filling loop had no lever to turn of water to boiler. phoned Swale. told to phone salesman, unavailable twice left name & number no response phoned Swale. 7 Aug 2nd engineer put in lever to turn of water to boiler replaced filling loop with another wrong one.She emailed Swale with picture of right filling loop I showed her. Phoned swale told it would be sorted. they phoned back with next visit. 3rd engineer 9 Aug.that morning raining heard water running Drain pipe had come away from guttering when first engineer changed condensate pipe, water running down wall. phoned swale. Person phoned back saying 3rd engineer would mend it.3rd engineer arrived still raining so couldn't mend it. asked what filling loop he had ,key again wrong one told him it wasn't worth him being here he agreed and left. The following morning contacted Worcester Bosch and asked them the product no. for correct filling loop.Phoned Swale with details they phoned back saying 4th engineer would come 15 Aug as they had ordered item and they would have it on the 14th. I replied i hope it is the right one this time was told well it the product No. you gave us.( so if wrong my fault then.) 4th engineer arrived mended down pipe, fitted new thing that stops pipes bagging as the first one made them worse. and yes right filling loop.Phoned Swale told them I wasn't prepared to pay the full price as all the hassle and the flue was not moved and in the 4th engineers opinion it was to close to chimney,I was put on hold and a man came to phone and i repeated this to him, he said they would come and move the flue and then i would have to speak to another department about any reduction in price. He would phone me back to say when the 5th engineer would be coming. 23 Aug. Not heard anything so phoned Swale. i was told they would have to speak to the last engineer and salesman and phone me back i asked when he would phone back he replied today. Guess what he never. Shall I now contact my solicitor as it looks like the only way I will get this sorted. This is probably a waste of time i bet you don't even read it, like emails from your engineers. you should know who i am i have phoned you enough."
"95 ££££just for Switch itch my link Hello just tray to share that amazing switching company ,saved hundreds ,when switched ,compare them ,and if you decide to switch you can use my link and receive 50 £££welcome bonus and extra 45 ££££ from me just pm after you complete switch via my link join.bulb.co.uk/ refer/michal6442"
"fitted me a new boiler. great service and an unbeatable price. plus the installer did a tremendous job cleaning up after himself!"
"Swale engineer had quiet day so called at my house (tenants let him in) even though the service wasn't due for another 2 months, he wrote the boiler off. Less than 2 weeks before Christmas the tenants were left without hot water or heating. Thanks Swale. Tried to complain but the woman just shouted at me. Will never use them again for service contract."
"I only wish it was possible to mark zero starts! Despite having an expensive maintenance contract in place with this company, I have now been WITHOUT HEATING AND HOT WATER FOR OVER 4 WEEKS, the temperature outside was -5 last night! Their customer service staff are rude and unhelpful and their engineers are totally useless. They have visited 5 times now (5 days off work for me) and still not managed to repair the boiler. Every time they attend they say they have to order parts, then they return to fit the said parts and they are the wrong parts. It is so cold in my house that the back door is completely frozen shut! I have never felt so let down by a company and I urge anyone who is considering getting their boiler repaired not to choose this company. They fix you into a contract for repair and then simply do not care about fixing the issue."
"Booked an appointment for Swale to quote on installation of a new Gas central heating boiler. The representative called to let us know that he would arrive within 20 minutes and did so. A very professional and personable young man did a thorough inspection of the current installation and gave us advice on the different systems available. At the end of the procedure we were given a detailed breakdown of the work necessary and a price, which seemed very reasonable. No pressure was applied to get agreement to the work there and then. All in all a very easy procedure."
"From Home visit, Estimate through to Installation and Completion Swale were amazing and thoroughly competent and professional throughout. Price was good for quality of work. I really easy stress free experience. Not once did I feel pressured and the estimate of works was exactly what I needed with no attempt to boost the cost with stuff I did not need. I am really pleased with Swale and felt I just had to post this review. A+++++++++"
Swale Heating is rated 2.06 based on 18 reviews