SSB Group Ltd Reviews

90% of reviewers recommend SSB Group Ltd

About SSB Group Ltd: At SSB Group we believe that providing solutions to your legal problems should be straightforward, value for money and easy to understand. Your problem is our problem and we will work alongside you to get the best possible outcome. We won't use jargon. We will quote fixed fees wherever we can and we will always make sure that you know what we are doing and why.

Our customers come from all around the country and know that with SSB Group they receive straightforward legal advice that doesn't cost the earth.

43 Townhead Street

Tell us how SSB Group Ltd made you happy

"My will took nearly 4 months to finalise. When I received a draft it was incorrect and I was made to feel bad when I asked my solicitor to explain the wording. The solicitor was also very poor at getting back to me when I sent emails asking about progress. I then met with somebody else who informed me that my solicitor had left and they were unsure about the wording as well and had to ask a colleague. I returned a week later to sign the will."
I am extremely sorry to hear of the experience tha you had with us. Due to us being let down by a a solicitor who should have been joining us but then changed her mind, we had to bring in a locum solicitor over the period that you refer to. Unfortunately that locum was appalling in her standarsd of work and we are currently preparing a case against her. I am so sorry that you suffered as a consequence of that happening. We do have a complaints procedure (which is set out in our terms of engagement) and I do wish that you had raised your complaint through that process. However, I accept your complaint and I will write you to detail how we will resolve it. Apolgies again, it is not the standard of work that we accept at this firm.
Jeremy Brooke - Partner
"SSB worked for me to get compensation following an accident but I felt that I had my expectations of what I would receive raised too high at the start of the conversation. Ultimately I do not feel that I received the compensation I deserved following my injuries and the disruption to my life. I do not know if this is because the defendant's insurers were better at negotiating or because I was not assisted in my claim. I was also not offered any advice by my representative about how to approach discussions with 3rd party experts to maximise the value of my claim."
"Please don't believe the fake reviews your seeing on here this company is so corrupt it's unbelievable lie after lie this company tells has got to stop there no win no fee is criminal they draw you in then find a way month's on to say you have breached your terms and conditions......Whack you with a massive bill and threaten you with debt collectors please don't be fooled by this firm."
"When my previous solicitor dropped out because he thought he couldn't win, SSB Law took up my case and won it for me. Thank you SSB Law! I've been very impressed, also, with their professionalism and efficiency."
"Felt thoroughly let down by SSB law. Passed amongst different people during the long drawn out process. They didn't build a decent case. I think they were out of there depth with my claim. In the end I felt like I was the one being taken to court, not the other way round. They caused me a lot of stress and anxiety that I am still having to deal with. In particular Joanne Brookes is one member of the team NOT to deal with. Sefton Miller was bought in at the end to try and piece together a very bad job. Very disappointed with this company as a whole."
"The initial contact with Leah the Executive of SSB Law was what made me go ahead with their services. She was very helpful ,informative & took the time to explain things so that whey would be clearer to me. Even though our communication was mainly email based , it was always prompt. Leah and her team provided the right assistance for the required needs .It was a pleasure to work with SSB"
"After an initial consultation, which was very good, my file was handed over to another solicitor. His communication was terrible, sending me misleading and contradictory information and ultimately taking annual leave without passing the file onto another. He was very unprofessional and certainly not someone I might recommend."
"Very happy with the whole service and communication received . Correct advice and time scale was all very good overall a good company who I would use again and reasonable prices"
"Mr brookes constantly ignoring calls and emails. Took over my daughters matter in January, still no movement on the matter whatsoever and has now resorted to ignoring calls. His staff are rude and don't know their own policies - i asked to speak to the complaints manager for jeremy brookes only to be told it was jeremy clearly this is incorrect as he can not supervise himself duh! Complaint ongoing and legal ombudsman contacted."
"This firm has been a complete waste of time. Last July Mr Brooke telephoned to say he had taken Over from our solicitor as they had folded. And a few conversations my partner had with him sounded as though he was the business. How Wrong !! Last November Mr Brooke passed our information onto miss hurt. You know those people who arent interested in what your saying. And talk over you Annoying is an understatement. And has she done anything NO. They have sat on their hands and done absolutely nothing to help my partners situation. So much so. His greedy brother has been able to have him removed as an executor and now has total control over everything that happens. This brother also stole £21,000. From his mothers bank accounts. And had the locks changed in the house. He has been able to get away with everything. Too much to mention here. And yet. This company have allowed it. ! Do yourself a favour. And stay clear. This company will be a waste of your money. If you have a smooth straight forward complaint. Then they maybe good. But if there’s any contention they don’t care. Why should they. They get paid anyway regardless of you losing everything what was supposed to come to you. They ignore calls. Emails. Texts. Even telling you when you finally get through that they are busy on more important matters. So. Go elsewhere. The only people who win here. Are these solicitors. They don’t care about you or your situation. And for the privilege of you forking out £200 an Hour for absolutely nothing ! 1"
"Wow where do I start ssb law are one of the most understanding,caring and very very supportive to their clients they give you 100% and much more when they represent you..I had the most amazing journey with ssb law and my lovely solicitor Stacie hurt who goes that extra mile to make sure you are taken care of she is wonderful and she keeps you 100% up to date there isn't enough room on here for me to say their aren't enough words ssb law is the best ever who have their clients wellbeing at heart I would recommend them any day to anyone they are the best..You won't be disappointed and you will certainly never get better than this company or it's solicitors"
"Given false hopes at original meeting and after 2years received virtual nothing from the will and feel we have been let down"
"What a waste of time. If they are unable to make a decent profit then thats you case thrown out of the window. What a disgusting company...."
"There only interested in easy cases where they can get 30% of your payout for doing as little as possible. Solicitor I was dealing with advised me to get barristers opinion before they would take on case but didn't tell me that I should of got a medical report before obtaining barristers opinion . When I phoned solisitor to discuss she was very condescending didn't listen to what I was saying then had nerve to try and charge me for a call that lasted a long time because she was constantly arguing with me. They have made me waste £1400 getting a useless barristers opinion."
"dont believe a word they tell you, never rerturn communications.have a complaint in with them and it still hasnt been dealt with 10 weeks later. i now have the ombudsman involved. they are upto £2700 in costs now and i am still waiting for the court case a year and a half on. i have a witness and the third party dont. this company also ask 25% of your claim. only expecting £2000. proper pile of pooh stay clear"
"Without Stacie Hurt SSB Law. I wouldn't have been successful I am so grateful that they accepted my contested will claim and kept me updated every step of the way! Thank you Stacie! If I need any help in the future ile definitely be back. 5 Stars"
"Exploiters. That what they are. No win no fee my foot. There is a loophole in there system. Please stay away."
"When I paid for my divorce I did expect to get the decree nisi through the post without having to send an email to prompt them,as my now ex wife received it first.just one of a few niggles."
"had my case for over three months before they realised they had not contacted my witness ,never get back in touch or tell you how the case is progressing, dont inform you expenses even when asked( send you total owed not what work they have done ). stay away you have been warned."
"I found everyone that have contacted myself very helpful. I felt very confident to to disclose some personal details."
SSB Group Ltd is rated 4.58 based on 280 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access