South East Timber & Damp Limited Reviews

4 Reviews

A company that is transparent ensuring you know who you are dealing with at every stage of the process, we want to remove the pain of dealing with damp and rot. We really value your time and focus on getting things done right first time.

Tom M
Verified Reviewer

They were very professional from the start. We were very happy with the quality of the work and the speed at which they did it. Each evening our home was left in a perfectly livable condition and it never looked as though people had been working in there all day. I would strongly recommend this company.
Grace
Verified Reviewer

Very professional service. Lee the manager was available on the phone in the evening to discuss what was going on and that is helpful if you are in work in London all day. The on-site team people were really friendly and professional they did an amazing job, and were happy to answer questions and discuss issues. They left the place spotless and took away all the rubbish. I would certainly recommend this firm.
Melanie R
Verified Reviewer

I found the company on line among a heap of other companies. Many companies were very busy and complacent for the business. As a homebuyer out of my depth, my main aim was make sure I was getting a quality survey without being sold a multitude of work to be done, I found SET&D Ltd to be personable, timely and efficient. I asked for their advice on the best level of survey and they didn't over sell me. I asked for a report on the same day of the survey and that is what I got. The email accompanying the survey report was detailed and personable. It was professionally written by someone who clearly knows what they are talking about, not looking to make a quick buck who gave a valued opinion on the house.
I would recommend SET&D Ltd to anyone looking for an insightful, professional yet friendly and efficient service. Very good value for money too.
Bill W
Verified Reviewer

And please say what you would advise someone else in your situation to do
Please describe the situation after we had finished the work
Please describe the situation you were in that prompted you to engage us
Please describe the work we did and your experience of working with us

Discovering that your home is infested with dry rot is both alarming and stressful. The immediate questions you ask yourself are: ‘How extensive is the damage?’, ‘Who can I trust to give me reliable advice? and ‘Where on earth do I find a reputable firm?’

I was very lucky in that South East Timber & Damp were among the very few firms that came recommended. Following the first visit from their chief surveyor, my mind was put at rest as I knew instinctively that I was dealing with a competent and experienced firm.

From the start, Dean Webster was friendly, efficient and reassuring, answering all my many questions. Once contracted to proceed, the team that came to undertake the remedial work were equally reassuring. Although worrying that the work would be quite disruptive, in the event, they made every effort to cause the minimum of fuss and were polite, friendly and very considerate throughout.

The rot had destroyed some deep, ornate, Victorian skirting boards but their carpenter went to great lengths to source replacement boards with an exactly matching profile.

As the repairs progressed, I was kept fully informed on what was happening at each stage of the work. As a result, on completion, I was very confident that the rot had been totally eradicated and all remedial work had been completed to a high standard.

I consider myself very lucky to have found South East Timber & Damp and would have no hesitation in recommending this friendly, competent and very professional firm.

BW, London SE9