South East Timber & Damp Limited Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend South East Timber & Damp Limited

About South East Timber & Damp Limited: A company that is transparent ensuring you know who you are dealing with at every stage of the process, we want to remove the pain of dealing with damp and rot. We really value your time and focus on getting things done right first time.

Tell us how South East Timber & Damp Limited made you happy

"I had a basement survey, and Dean gave some sound advice. He is a charming guy and professional in his approach. I didn't feel as though he was trying to oversell any products, and took time in listening to my concerns. Thank you very much and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this Company."
"Dean was very friendly and professional, arrived on time. Checked out our whole house ( 4 Bed Victorian) and any issues we were concerned about. Offered expert advice regarding damp proofing our house and dealing with any potential problems, in order to make sure we don't develop any damp issues in the future. We will definitely be using them again and would certainly recommend them. Great value for money and peace of mind."
"I really couldn’t have asked for a better company, from booking to finishing the work they were professional and responsive throughout. The assessment was clear and very helpful. The resulting work was competed promptly and they cleared up leaving nothing more for me to do, perfect and I’m grateful."
"South Eastern Timber and Damp resolved a problem with dry rot that I had recently. They were excellent from start to finish - Thorough, courteous, skilled and hard working. I would strongly recommend this company."
"Very professional and informed service. Certainly the go to firm for any work of this kind"
"Dean was helpful in so much as he was honest with me about the implications of delaying a decision about the garden level beyond my proposed extension. He took the time to explain the pros and cons of such a delay. He did not try to sell me something that in his opinion I did not need if I dug out the garden now and not later. I am very grateful for that."
"Thanks so much to Dean at South East Timber & Damp for taking a look a the serious damp problem we were experiencing in one of our charity shops in Whitstable. We've been battling to find the root cause of the puddles forming on the ground floor, and despite building surveyors and other trades going in to investigate, no one could tell us definitively what the problem was, leaving us in a very weak position to move forward with our landlords. Dean had the expertise and the technical instruments to quickly define the key problem, with minimum disruption to our shop trading. He delivered an in depth and clearly written report, together with approximate costings to rectify the problem, all for an extremely reasonable fee for the amount of work and effort put into the investigative stage. We have been really impressed with S E Timber & Damp service thus far, and would not hesitate in recommending them."
"Thank you Dean and all at South East Timber and Damp, you came and you conquered. Very efficient and thoughtful, explained every thing in detail so I understood all my options. decided to go ahead with works, as although not the cheapest price, were not the most expensive but for my money gave the best advice, were not pushy and could work to my timeline. Excellent job."
"I cannot recommend them highly enough, very professional in every way."
"I had an escape of water in my cellar which needed further investigation. Dean from South East Timber & Damp visited to do a survey and confirmed that the leak was groundwater (common with older houses and rising water table levels). He was very honest about the options available to me in regards to water proofing the cellar or just living with it and how to protect items being stored there. He didn't scaremonger me and used easy to understand phrases. I received a comprehensive quote the next day. I'd recommend their Snapshot Damp survey as it was informative, no hard sell and gave me peace of mind."
"They did a survey for me on a property that's being renovated. Turned up on time and then came back to check once the DPC had been uncovered by the builders. Very impressed. Thanks."
"We used South East Timber & Damp for the second time recently and, yet again, we received professional, high quality and timely service. With a second baby due to arrive imminently Dean quite literally saved the day by squeezing us in for an inspection and subsequent repair work. We were provided with multiple options for the repair work, each with a risk analysis, and the team were more than happy to talk us through them in more detail. The work was carried out by a very professional, friendly team and the whole experience was completely stress free. We also received certificates of guarantee following completion of the work. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend their services.."
"A very professional, organised and friendly service and they made the effort to make an inspection at very short notice. Will definitely recommend"
"Great service right from the start! We needed advice from an experienced company to work out what needed doing. Our questions were answered, advice and suggestions were given, and further information provided on a related matter. We feel quite happy to refer back to the company should we have further problems or if anything else comes to light."
"They were very professional from the start. We were very happy with the quality of the work and the speed at which they did it. Each evening our home was left in a perfectly livable condition and it never looked as though people had been working in there all day. I would strongly recommend this company."
"Very professional service. Lee the manager was available on the phone in the evening to discuss what was going on and that is helpful if you are in work in London all day. The on-site team people were really friendly and professional they did an amazing job, and were happy to answer questions and discuss issues. They left the place spotless and took away all the rubbish. I would certainly recommend this firm."
"I found the company on line among a heap of other companies. Many companies were very busy and complacent for the business. As a homebuyer out of my depth, my main aim was make sure I was getting a quality survey without being sold a multitude of work to be done, I found SET&D Ltd to be personable, timely and efficient. I asked for their advice on the best level of survey and they didn't over sell me. I asked for a report on the same day of the survey and that is what I got. The email accompanying the survey report was detailed and personable. It was professionally written by someone who clearly knows what they are talking about, not looking to make a quick buck who gave a valued opinion on the house. I would recommend SET&D Ltd to anyone looking for an insightful, professional yet friendly and efficient service. Very good value for money too."
And please say what you would advise someone else in your situation to do
Please describe the situation after we had finished the work
Please describe the situation you were in that prompted you to engage us
Please describe the work we did and your experience of working with us
"Discovering that your home is infested with dry rot is both alarming and stressful. The immediate questions you ask yourself are: ‘How extensive is the damage?’, ‘Who can I trust to give me reliable advice? and ‘Where on earth do I find a reputable firm?’ I was very lucky in that South East Timber & Damp were among the very few firms that came recommended. Following the first visit from their chief surveyor, my mind was put at rest as I knew instinctively that I was dealing with a competent and experienced firm. From the start, Dean Webster was friendly, efficient and reassuring, answering all my many questions. Once contracted to proceed, the team that came to undertake the remedial work were equally reassuring. Although worrying that the work would be quite disruptive, in the event, they made every effort to cause the minimum of fuss and were polite, friendly and very considerate throughout. The rot had destroyed some deep, ornate, Victorian skirting boards but their carpenter went to great lengths to source replacement boards with an exactly matching profile. As the repairs progressed, I was kept fully informed on what was happening at each stage of the work. As a result, on completion, I was very confident that the rot had been totally eradicated and all remedial work had been completed to a high standard. I consider myself very lucky to have found South East Timber & Damp and would have no hesitation in recommending this friendly, competent and very professional firm. BW, London SE9"
South East Timber & Damp Limited is rated 5.00 based on 18 reviews