SimplTax Reviews

of reviewers recommend SimplTax
Read SimplTax Reviews

About SimplTax:

At SimplTax we provide a simple, super speedy Self-assessment Tax Return service. People who need to complete a self-assessment include; Landlords, Sole Traders, High Earners, Directors and CIS Sub-contractors.

We pride ourselves on the quality of our service and our highly competitive fixed fee pricing structure.

In addition to Self-assessment, we also provide a full suite of services for small Limited Companies such as Year End Accounts, Corporation Tax Returns, Cloud Accounting Software, Payroll and VAT Submissions.

james@SIMPLETAXRETURNS.COM

Very disappointed as was loyal customer . Won't be using you again !
Hi David,

Thank you for your review. I've just just tried to call you and left you a message. I'd really like to understand where things went wrong and also how we might be able to make things up for you.

Please give me a quick call back when you're free - 0330 111 7662.

Many thanks,

James
Great service and easy to use, would highly recommend!
Very easy to do, was so much cheaper than my usual accountant!!
Katie Templar handled my claim and was efficient, communicated well, responded to all my queries and remained professional throughout. Will be using again next year
As a long term customer over over 4 years I would have thought that they would provide me a good level of customer service. However, they do not.
They are a very poor company when there is an issue on their behalf.
They changed my registered company address to their office address without notifying me. They then received post, did not forward it to me and then denied receiving it. This has left me with a legal issue. Once I asked for an apology, they have ignored my emails and not replied to me.
Not had my payment to me yet so how can I review
All Good for the basic tax .But I paid 6k in fines for 2018/19 and can't get that . Now during Covid when I now unemployed I would have expected a call back to see how we could mitigate this. Tax advisor was great but this is a very low level business in terms of advice.

A smart company would be finding ways to help me reclaim that now. So very good on basics, no good on going forwards with your tax or business.
They are very unprofessional in dealing with your tax refund and over priced for what they do I done all the running around basically everything and they just asked to be paid at the end of it all I had to constantly chase them have all the emails as proof if anyone wants use someone else please πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
Haven’t submitted a VAT on my behalf for nearly 8 months and will not respond to emails. Service seems to have declined significantly over the past year and a half.
Rang and emailed Karenveer 4 or 5 times trying to get a answer as to why I have no tax rebate after being told I have a rebate coming.
No answers, just he's opinion on what he thinks may have happened.
Nice guys but now worried there not doing there job properly.
The people at simpletax returns are all very nice but the service isn't a patch on the Numberjuice guys who they took over from. I'm forever having to chase for information, even though i have said many times when my payroll is I get my payslip up to 2 weeks after.
I missed the email in June regarding end of year accounts to which I have just remembered and no one has chased me it's now August and they are due the end of the month. When i phone i often get passed round to different people. Feels like taking over Numberjuice they don't have enough staff for customers.
As I have never had to do a tax return before, I don't find your team very helpful.
Hi Josh,
At Simple Tax we try to make the process as simple as possible for people new to self-assessment. I'd really like to understand where things were not helpful, Please give me a quick call back when you're free - 0330 111 7662.
Answered our questions well and timely
Hi Simon, thanks for the great review. Happy to hear that our service was to your satisfactory. All the best from Simpltax.
To long cept getting lied to
Excellent
Thank you Chaitanya!
Was very kind and patient. Thank you very much.
Hi Vanya,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am glad you were pleased with the service.

Many thanks again!
Penny
Antonia was so helpful this year ( my second with simply tax) and appreciate a lot the calm
I feel when I have been through everything due to her knowledge and ability to help . It was a more complicated return this year and I was a bit lost ! All is ok now!
Hi Shane, thanks for the great review! Here at Simple Tax, we aim to make the process of completing your tax return as stress-free as possible, even the complicated ones! Speak to you next year! - Anthonia
My original tax advisor Samuel left the company unexpectedly. So far as I can tell my case was not picked up by anyone else. I only found out when I chased Samuel via email and received a bounce back that the mail was undeliverable. Quite unnerving given the information we discussed. May I suggest that an out office is applied when someone leaves your company with further contact details so customers aren't left in the dark.

One of the emails Samuel had sent me had the details of another one of your clients at the bottom of the email trail. Pretty unacceptable.

As I had waited so long for my claim to be dealt with I was originally told the price had gone up by £50. I challenged this and it was bought back to my originally quoted price. I don't feel I should have had to challenge this to get the original price I was quoted.

My claim was handed over to Katie Templar who did her best to handle the claim as well as possible however my experience was already somewhat tainted at that point.

At no point has any attempt been made to offer any kind of goodwill gesture, such as a discount on the service or any other kind of recompense.
Excellent service outstanding adviser really good and understanding! James Conway.
Will love to recommend others,

Kind regards

Mark Davies
Hi Mark, thanks for the great review! We look forward to doing next years return for you!

Remember that you will receive £25 for each person you refer to us and they will receive a 10% discount, just sent me an email!

James Conway
Quick and simple service, although communications with the tax advisor were somewhat sketchy and the first draft came back incorrect due to a miscalculation with my p11d.
Only resolved when i questioned the figures.

The concerning part of the process however was with payment - i received a link to make a payment £50 higher than the price agreed. When i questioned this, the advisor informed me via email midway through November that 'prices had gone up due to exceptional demand'! I checked the simpltax website, and guess what, the advertised prices hadnt changed. It felt like a very poorly executed attempt to get more money from me and that type of behaviour just isnt professional.
When challenged, he returned the invoice to the correct amount,but this left a really bad taste.

I wouldnt use them again.
Dear Mark,

Thank you for your time on the phone earlier today.

We are glad that your tax return was eventually resolved and we are sorry that on this occasion there was a misunderstanding with regards to the pricing.

We try to be as upfront and transparent with our pricing as possible and pride ourselves on the accuracy of our tax returns.

We wish you all the best for the future.
SimplTax
Was vey Impressed with staff very helpful
Hi Marishia,

Thank you very much for the positive feedback. We hope to here from you again next year. Simple Tax Team.
SimplTax is rated 4.69 based on 712 reviews