Selfridges Reviews

34% of reviewers recommend Selfridges

How would you rate Selfridges?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

121 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Jimmy Hoang

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Selfridges in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Ordered a Valentine gift from Selfridges as a surprise to my girlfriend with timed delivery from 7am-12pm. Called one of the customer service agent at 11:55am to ask about when the delivery arrive and got a promise that they will arrive in a few hours. Called them again at 4pm, different agent, saying that my gift will not arrive until the next day and offer me refund on delivery fee. I understand that on Valentine day the service will not be as fast as expected but not until next day while it is called "Timed delivery" and when I am willing to pay extra for better service. Have been customer of Selfridges for 6 years but I think I should find somewhere else more reliable."
"Due to unprofessional and condescending attitude at YSL handbag concession by most staff who just stand around with hands behind back, judging and talking about there customers, then arguing with us too, also choosing who to serve (customers who spend Thousands ££££) time after time. I now go new Bond Street and as I don't think this brand at selfridges deserve custom, i don't want to go back to selfridges because of my experience . I will say rest of Selfridges has been fabulous over the years but I'm sorry, 3 bad experience in same brand is not acceptable,"
"Appalled to say the least; After buying my wife a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes for Christmas, I wanted to purchase through a reputable retailer. Being a surprise, of course my wife was unable to try on the shoes, which unfortunately did not fit. Having sent the shoes back to Selfridges, which arrived back with them on the 8th January, I was subsequently contacted to say the item had been received and that I would be contacted within 5 working days. Roll on the 22nd January when I received the next email, stating that the shoes had been returned damaged?? and the item would be returned back to me!! At this point you could imagine my frustration. Especially as the shoe was tried on, on carpeted surface at home and was clear within moments that the shoes would not fit – so could clearly not be worn. After voicing my concerns regarding the query, I asked for this to be escalated to management. After battling through several emails, I eventually received an email stating that a member of management would be in touch within 48 hours…5 days ago and still nothing has prevailed and nobody has bothered to lift the phone. This begs the question, why are Christian Louboutin partnering with a retailer who provide such poor customer service and who do not follow up on their promises. I am now seeking independent legal advice to try and get my monies refunded so I can proceed to purchase my wife a Christmas present (and certainly not one from Selfridges)."
Aaliya Shujat
"I got what I wanted, which was the Huda Beauty eye shadow palette, usually it's out of stock on every other website, until I came across Selfridges."
"Bought a nice YSL bag from Selfridges with no issues, so decided to buy the Givenchy Antigona bag from here. After a week of having the bag, the silver handle (that holds the long shoulder strap) snapped. I was shocked, as I didn't expect the quality of the bag to be so poor. I called Selfridges straight away and the lady on the phone told me "there is nothing Selfridges could do to help", and even if I were to go in the store, I "would be advised the same thing". I was devastated by this point, and very stressed that I was going to be left with a broken bag that I have just paid over a grand and a half for. I felt like I was being robbed. I decided to turn up at the store anyway. Luckily the ladies in the Givenchy section were helpful and the manager gave me a replacement. I am very happy, but was very disappointing with the poor level of customer service I have received over the phone, as that has caused me a lot of stress for no reason! It's a good thing I didn't listen to her and actually went into Selfridges anyway!"
Debra Mullen
Verified Reviewer
"Selfridges do not even deserve 1 star but it wasn’t possible to review without at least 1 star! I will never shop with this company again after ordering sandals and paying for the product only to be sent a different product as the product I ordered was actually out of stock. Selfridges and co should never have accepted my order or charged me for the product in the first place. Instead, I was then expected to return the product(that I did not order) to the post office before I could get a refund (for the product I did not receive) Appalling service - let’s see if I ever get the full refund I have requested..........I have no confidence in this company whatsoever - I should have read the reviews first!"
"My delivery came within 2 days...nicely packaged...and kept me up to date on the location of my order too...thanks"
"I purchased a VR Headset for my 10 year old daughter at Xmas. When opened on the day we found that it had ADULT MATERIAL downloaded on to it of Asian girls. I am still waiting for an explanation, apology, replacement of item or now, after so long, a refund. I'm just being fobbed off by customer services who say the right things but nothing happens"
"Only ordered the huda beauty foundation yesterday, and arrived today (as I paid extra) lovely packaged up etc, will definitely use in the future🙌🏼"
"For my partners Christmas present I decided to purchase him a Kenzo jumper. On 22nd of December 2017 I came into the Kenzo section, picked the jumper and handed it over the counter to pay. The sales assistant that served me was Melanie, who re-assured me that if the jumper did not fit correctly, as I was worried it may be to big, I could exchange the jumper for a gift card with the same value as the jumper. Melanie re-assured me that this would be no problem and something that the department would be happy to do. A few days later, once my boyfriend had tried on the jumper once and told me it was too large around the neck area, I explained that he would have a gift voucher to spend in- store alternatively. So we headed up to Selfridges for a day out in London together. Unfortunately, what we experienced was an extremely uncomfortable and unprofessional shopping experience at Kenzo. I explained that I wanted to exchange the jumper for a gift card. The team they turned the jumper inside out and began to inspect a tiny deodorant mark on the inside where my boyfriend had tried this on. Another assistant was handed the jumper and proceeded to smell the item in front of us. Which I found extremely strange and unprofessional. He then handed the item back to us remarking ‘no’. I was shocked by the lack of help and assistance that was offered to us. After this I asked to speak to the manager of this department. At this stage, the situation became worse. We spoke to Sapphire, who we assumed was the department manager, we shortly found out that this was not the case and that we had been lied too. Sapphire proceeded to tell us the following: - The item could never be sold again due to this small stain on the inside. - All items sold from Kenzo are not display items and are sold in plastic packaging (my jumper was handed over the counter, at full price) - We could not expect a gift card for this kind of return. - There was nothing she could do about this. After 15 minutes of us explaining that this was a special gift and that we were clearly not given the correct customer service from the off-set. Sapphire then suggested to us that we should go and ‘get a baby wipe’ remove this small mark and bring it back up. She even explained that we should not use anything perfumed as then they would not be able to refund this item. I was completely shocked at the fact that as a paying customer, on our trip to the store, it was suggested that we go and clean an item of clothing. I then asked if there was anyone else I could speak to, we were then told that Sapphire was not the manager for this department and we were wasting our time talking to her for 20 minutes. We then spoke to another manager who was very helpful and apologised that we were told to clean the item. I am very grateful for the reassurance of this member of staff, who then proceeded to sort out my boyfriend’s gift card. Neither of us now feel that shopping at Selfridges is an enjoyable experience, I have told many friends and family about this situation and they have been very surprised."
"Still waiting for a refund on gifts ordered but cancelled 3 weeks ago... customer services not responding???"
Mickey Crilly
"The customer service is superb,nothing is to much trouble as well as the brilliant after sales service"
"What an utterly awful experience today in Selfridges, Oxford Street- Menswear department I have experienced the most upsetting and distressing customer experience ever at your store today Your outdated haughty approach at your London store is one that will certainly mean I will most defiantly be shopping with your competitors going forward. You seem to have lost your way with what good customer service is. Shame on you Selfridges, Oxford Street!!!"
Matthew James Payne
"reat product selection"
"Really good service and package presentation"
"They always have the best authentic products of different designers.i have been shopping in selfridges for more than a decade And I have always been satisfied with my purchases"
"Ordered and paid for 3 Christmas hampers for clients of mine2 arrived in time 1 I never received after contacting selfriges for 3 days and being passed from pillar to post eventually got a refund Shocking customer service will never use again"
Michael Pennicooke
"Purchased a handbag and belt as a present, and trainers for myself recently - the service was good, especially purchasing the trainers, as I was given excellent advice on sizing. My only issue with the service is the same as at many "higher end" stores as the staff seem to have an aura of being above the customer, and many do not know their products (the lady in the Moschino section, who said this was her regular department had no clue that they sold belts, my daughter had to point them out to her!)"
Eddie Chambers
"Selfridges offered me a service beyond any other retailer. I purchased a current year LG tv at less than half price and it was delivered to my house within 3days. Other retailers could not match their price or their delivery."
William Mackenzie
Verified Reviewer
"Not one problem with Selfridges, ordered online, got item on time, Highlands of Scotland, Tracked all the way , Royal Mail"
Selfridges is rated 2.41 based on 121 reviews