Selfridges Reviews

29% of reviewers recommend Selfridges
1 New Reviews Written
10PM
10PM

About Selfridges: Selfridges has all the latest designer collections, must-have toys gifts for all the family. Selfridges London is a national institution with the most famous shop windows in the world. The Manchester and Birmingham stores bring the same creative customer experience and now Selfridges.com is positioned to create some magic online.Across every single department, from food to fashion, home to beauty, Selfridges sets the standard for up-to-the-minute style, lasting quality and exceptional customer service, all with a dose of creativity, wit and flair.

400 Oxford Street

Categories:
Clothing
Fashion
Fashion Accessories
Footwear

Tell us how Selfridges made you happy

"Bought a brand new pair of Balenciaga Speed trainers got them home opened the box, 1 shoe had been worn the other brand new. Had to drive all the way back to Manchester next day to get a refund and was told they should have never been sold to me like that, plus they were now sold out. I complained to customer service and was told they would do their best to get me a new pair, that was 2 weeks ago, I’ve emailed 3 times now and from reviewing some of the comments on here I know it’s unlikely for me to get a response from Selfridges. I will now purchase them from Farfetch and I will never shop at Selfridges again."
Are you Selfridges? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I ordered online on 15 feb at 2 30 pm.it was clear showing there that if you like the product to receive by tomorrow 16 feb.order with in three hours. But 2 days passed no sign for delivery n when i am requesting to customer service my order...they like not listing me...it will take 2 days...if not coming tomorrow...seriously its not bothering them to push the order. And i bought the item for special occasion. Very disappointed"
"Worst online retailer EVER!! I purchased Balenciaga bag, which I immediately decided not to keep and sent it back, a week later-no confirmation that my return been received, when I phoned Selfridges they had the audacity to tell me my parcel arrived COMPLETELY EMPTY.....excuse me?! Yes, box was empty...my heart sunk....after I spoke with DHL and they confirmed the bag was inside the parcel when they delivered it, Selfridges backtracked their lies and said: “we received the bag, but dust bag is missing now”, I actually thought I was having nightmares, surely they can’t be for real, so low and behold, they refused to refused blatantly on the basis it wasn’t a full return, as dust bag was missing ( it wasn’t). After about 30 angry emails and phone calls they eventually refund me. I with I read all the terrible reviews before I ever got involved with those scammers..."
"I often purchase perfume as a gift for a very close friend. Totally excellent service, range and even love the packaging. Even if you do not get a giftwrap it stills has Selfridge's in the box. Nice touch."
"NEVER ORDER FROM SELFRIDGES. EVER. NEVER ORDER FROM SELFRIDGES. EVER. ONE ITEM WAS MISSING THE PACKAGE AND THEY REFUSE TO GIVE A REFUND. THEY MIGHT AS WELL STEAL YOUR MONEY! CUSTOMERS SHOULD HAVE HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF PAYING FOR MISSING ITEMS. THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. EVEN AFTER EMAILING AND CALLING THEM THEY REFUSE TO RESEND THE ITEM OR GIVE A REFUND. THEY STEAL FROM YOU. AVOID AT ALL COST I RATHER GIVE TO CHARITY"
"Beware.... company cannot 1 Send correct orders 2 Has a customer service department that helps 3 A decent email service 4 Stick to promises made via Customer Service Really disappointed 2 X Now Complete let down Beware"
"wow never again! i ordered a pair of christian louboutin shoes that didnt fit. so i ordered a bigger size both at nearly £600 each! i tried both pairs on my living room carpet for less than 2 minutes. i returned both pairs so i could go to the store and try them on and find a better fit. i have received an email to say the soles are marked and they are not refunding my money. i am abaolutley gobsmaked and so angry. Their email stated there was signs of wear!! i really dont understand how they have come to this conclusion after i tried them on for 2minutes on carpet. when i opened them i was disapointed as they squeaked and was pin hole marks on the sole. absolutely disgusted in the customer service from this retailer"
"I placed an online order of 4 items with Selfridges on 23 Dec. I received the parcel on 31 Dec. 1 item ( Maje cape coat, worth around GBP300) is missing. I called customer service immediately, a lady said the relevant department will investigate and will reply within 72 hours. When I placed the order, it said it was the last one. However, it was available again on 31 Dec. I told the lady and asked if my coat would be sold to other customer again?! She just said will investigate. I called again on 4 Jan, another lady said It will take up to five working days. I can only wait. Today, I received an email saying that they have done everything correctly and will not refund. I try to call again, my line could not get through. They have blocked my phone number?! What!!!!! This is the way they treat customers?! My heart sinks when I saw so many cases here that they really treat customers terribly. This is outrageous and I am being treated like a liar. This is an insult. I have purchased a year unlimited delivery service and it is only my first order....I should have shopped with Harrods. Sham on Selfridges!!"
"Hi placed order online of Gucci belt this morning I received delivery with empty box did complain straight away with customer service adviser Adam now let see what happens next my 275 pounds on stake"
"Yesterday l bought sale coat very expensive because so heavy not comfortable for me l need refund money back .they are refuse money back only change l try still look for clothes 2 hour l felt bad legs and tried can’t find my size .l feel complaining today extra 2 hour 30 min still long my family outside wait for me 2 hour .l can’t find management.because team member no good for me no repect ? They said ok for me gift card ."
"Having been a customer of Selfridges since 1979 and having always received good service and good quality products, when deciding where to purchase a Black Leather Biker Jacket as a Christmas gift, I automatically got on the 'interwebby' and searched the Selfridges website.Bingo, item found {cost of £345.00}, item ordered, item despatched, item received.Item too big. Needing to return said item, I contacted Selfridges Customer Services and they arranged a Courier collection for December 10th 2018.All good.The Courier duly arrived at 11.15am and collected the item in its original packaging and I awaited confirmation of safe receipt and my monies refunded so I could purchase an alternative gift. Not having heard anything from Selfridges about this return & refund, I completed the online form advising them of this and waited.On the 17th of December Selfridges sent me an email saying 'We're looking into it'.By Christmas Eve, I had still not heard from Selfridges, so telephoned them and spoke to a 'Customer Services Agent.I once again advised them of the situation and was told that whilst they could confirm that the parcel had been successfully collected from my house by Selfridges designated Courier service, they could not now find it and therefore WOULD NOT REFUND MY MONEY at this time. I followed Selfridges instructions regarding the return of items of value to 'the letter' and personally handed the goods to Selfridges designated agent/courier as arranged.How can I be held responsible for what happens to it and where it goes once it is no longer in my possession?.Why should I be held financially responsible and be penalised for someone else's unprofessional conduct. This item was a Christmas gift and due to it's value, one I could not afford to replace until I had received my refund.As a result of the very poor 'Customer Service' I have received, not only do I not have my money back, but the recipient of my intended gift did not get anything for Christmas. If this is the way that Selfridges treat longstanding customers then very soon there will be very few left. I ACTED IN GOOD FAITH, I EXPECT THE SAME OF SELFRIDGES."
"Selfridges is the best place to shop when you are looking for luxury items at your convenience no doubt. But their customer service is horrendous. They are so inefficient and irresponsible they make you go hunting for your answers. I lost about £2000 because of them and since it was their mistake they make you sent dozens of emails saying, "we will get someone to look into the matter" I guess it's a standard automated response. I'd rather spend at harrods. I had no problems being their VIP member. But in selfridges the customer service is just horrible. So much for always maintaining customers satisfaction. I've watched the whole series of how selfridges values unfortunately the selfridges now lost the meaning of its value under the current management. Shame on them. Told my circle to not even bother shopping there. It may be cheaper compared to Harrods but I'd rather pay more for the service. Dont even bother to email CS. They think that they are the only company who are too busy to entertain their customers. Such a shame. Lodge 1st issue on 31st October 2018 it's now 24th December still no answers! They really need to step up. Shame!"
"Delivery late before Xmas . Spoiled present . What a shame"
"Ordered $1000 worth of skin care and cosmetics November 26 and until now it hasnt arrived. I emailed them and made me wait for 6 days... NO reply. I rang them and asked me to wait for another two days to do investigation, unfortunately, no email and phone call received from them. Today, I rang them 4 times as everytime they transfer my call to supervisor, itcuts off (funny coincidence). The last conversation I had is with Diana.... gosh I cant understand what she is saying. To supervisors, Please review her phone conversation skills, she needs more training. She told me someone going to ring me today but I doubt it will happen. If they cant reply to all my emails before, phone call will never happen. I feel so frustrated, they DONT EMPATHIZE. They’re saying theyre busy right now, I need attention and action as well as my order was way lot earlier than Christmas shopping. It is Christmas and instead of buying new things I cant do it because Selfridges has my MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"I ordered three items and one item was missing. I contacted them straight away and they said they would look into it. After 10 days they basically said they had finished there investigation and that the item was in the box and the delivery company hadn’t tampered with it . !! It was a very expensive Xmas present and they have flat out accused me of lying. I’m so unhappy about it!!!!!"
"Ordered a personalised gift and an expensive bottle of vodka. The parcel arrived with the vodka pouring out the box! I rejected the parcel on the spot as anyone would do. This is where the issues started. I cant be sent a replacement or issued a refund until they get the parcel back. So far a week has passed and its still nowhere to be found. Not my problem, issue the refund and argue the toss with the company, dont make me wait cashless and presentless in the mean time. So im now without 2 Christmas presents and out of pocket as apparently it's all my problem. Poor customer service, obviously repeat business means nothing to them."
"I ordered a gift for Christmas, the order was quickly processed and sent. What could be the problem? DELIVERY PERSON SPECIFIED WRONG CITY AND THE POSTAL CODE AND POSTAGE LEAVED FOR 600 KM FROM THE PLACE OF DESTINATION. in order, i specified right adress, but NO, its too hard send to the right address. I contact the support, explain the situation and they answer me that they are very sorry and send my email to the delivery person. and all. silence. and now, I will spend my own money and time to deliver the package on time and to the right address. and if some clever man wants to write to me - let the package come back - I do not have time for this I really wanted to make more orders here, a very good assortment, but no. This is the worst service in my life."
"Each time we go to London, my wife and I almost live in the amazing Oxford Street Store. The food hall is phenomenal! The rooftop restaurant is wonderful, staff are friendly and helpful, the building is amazing and the range and quality of stock... wow! It was for this reason that I chose Selfridges as the supplier for an expensive gift for my wife of an £800 Gucci bag. Unfortunately on arrival the item was poorly wrapped, despite asking for gift wrapping, it looked like it had been thrown in a box with some tissue. There was no dust bag or certificate of authenticity included which must still be lying in the warehouse! Despite the poor reviews on here the customer service team were fantastic in arranging collection and I was refunded within 2 days of them receiving it. 5 star online customer service, 5 stars for fast processing of a refund, 5 stars for the incredible flagship instore experience, but you lose a star for the person who packaged this and lost you this sale. Look forward to our next trip to the capital!"
"The WORST customer service I have ever experienced! One month ago I ordered a dress from selfridges.com. Selfridges cancelled the order (as it was out of stock) BUT proceeded to charge me GBP42 for the delivery cost. Despite numerous emails and complaints, I have yet to receive any refund to date. Please stay away from these thieves!! There are plenty of other reputable retailers both online and offline."
Selfridges is rated 2.23 based on 163 reviews