Selfridges Reviews

Selfridges have a Customer Happiness Grade of C-. Customers love their prices but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

32% of reviewers recommend Selfridges

Fashion
Fashion Accessories
Footwear

Telephone

How would you rate Selfridges ?

"If I could give a 0 star I would. I never ever had such a bad purchase experience before in my many years of online shopping. I placed an order for a Valentino bag from this merchant, which I thought was the UK department store Selfridges who I assumed had service standards similar to US department stores. I didn't like the bag and returned it. Prior to returning the bag, I contacted the Selfridges customer service department to notify them of the pending return and request a pickup, as noted on their return policy. I returned the bag exactly as received, with the original labels all attached, and with the Selfridges dust bag that was included in the original box. A couple of days later I got an email that my return was received and is being processed. A week later I was shocked to receive the bag delivered right back to me. I called the Selfridges customer service and was told that an email was sent to me a few days earlier, which was a complete lie. 2 days later, I got a rude email saying that their return department examined the bag and determined that the bag was not in resalable condition as the Valentino tag was missing and the dust bag was not returned. I called customer service and explained that the original tags were all attached (I offered to send a photo) and the dust bag was included (no Valentino one was provided in the original box, only a Selfridges one which I returned). I was told that they will contact the returns team about this but all I got so far is an email saying they are still looking into this. This is blatant fraud - I have photos to prove the bag is in perfect condition with all original tags attached. I plan to dispute the charge on my credit card if Selfridges does not refund the purchase price ASAP. I have never encountered such behavior by a merchant before and I am a pretty heavy online shopper. Do yourselves a favor and stay away from this merchant. I can only blame myself for not reading all the other horrible reviews before ordering from Selfridges."
"Please do not use Selfridges.com. The courier failed to deliver the product (despite I having a 24 hour doorman) + is unable to trace its own courier (skynet apparently does not work on week end in Hong Kong nor do they pick up calls) + using the wrong number for allegedly trying to contact me, leaves me to say that Selfridges is aweful. In addition custom services are inept and simply apologises non-stop without actually solving the problem. Selfridges.com is unbelivably bad and all these expensive brands ought to be aware how terrible this shop is at distributing and sullying their expensive names. At this stage, I am pushing for a full reimbursement on the back that I never received my product and have threatened to put a claim against in court in the U.K. and HK. Stay away."
"Never ever had I such a bad experience with an online store. Placed my order in June, received the order, didn't like, decided to return. I've returned my item, and could see from the tracking that their partner in EU got my return. I've waited and waited, but no refund. I've contacted them, they said they never received my return. I've sent a proof and then they said I've returned it too late, so I'll not be refunded. I've proved that I've returned it on time, it's them who didn't pick it up on time from their EU partner. Finally they agreed to refund, but after a couple of days they are canceling my refund saying that the item was used. It was never used just tried on and all the security labels are attached. It's been almost 2 month since I'm waiting for a refund. Will never buy anything from them again. Meanwhile I've complained to the consumer right protection in UK, and will also file a complaint in EU."
"Ordered tv on Thursday 2nd August. Got confirmation and delivery was supposed to be Friday 3rd August. Was supposed to get email when order despatched. No email so contacted customer service via contact us on Selfridges site in afternoon and left message asking if delivery was definitely coming as nothing arrived. Still waiting on reply. Phoned customer services Saturday 4th to ask what delay was and guy checked my order and said it had been cancelled. I asked why and he said it was out of stock but there were 5 available when I ordered. He said they run 24 hours behind and tv was probably out of stock before I placed my order. What a way to run a business. I am so angry with Selfridges and I will never order from them again and I will also tell family, friends and everyone I can to do the same. I should never have been sent a confirmation number and delivery date. I didn't even get phone call or mail to say that my order was cancelled. The guy I spoke to said I should have. They had my email address and mobile number so there was no excuse. Customer services are hopeless, they do not provide a service."
"Last week after walking off a dreadful promo job in oxford street ..tired having left Brighton at 4 am with zero sleep ...and then horrendous realisation of being signed up to ride a wobbly rickshaw around Oxford street in the heat and traffic Part of a Clinique launch ...I removed myself and sought refuge in Selfridges an oasis of luxury in middle of mayhem I had a gorgeous pastry and coffee inthe foodhall where the lovely staff let me charge my phone ..then wondered off to find the ladies loo in LGF on my way back I looked longingly at the beautiful bottles on Geurlain parfumerie ....knowing I had just lost work and money explained to the charming sales advisor my situation that I wasn't in the buying sort of mood he whisked me over to Guerlain make up section where his colleague gave me a gorgeous makeover to cheer me up ...I thenfelt ready to buy some delious macaroons and lunch...before facing Oxford street the heat and journey home ...I was so touched by the loveliness of the staff I encountered that day ...I'm originally from london and it makes me so proud to find this sort of customer service ...still exists ...thank you Selfridges 🙏💓🦄"
"This company is a SCAM!!!!!!!! I have seen some people have been waiting 5 month for a refund! AVOID!!!! Sent back an item worth over £600 over a week ago. They sent a courier 4 times as they failed to collect (... after I told them that I didn't trust it). Now calling and writing to selfridges every day since it was received and the order is still showing as ready to collect. Customer service is useless! When you call they don't even know that it was collected and propose to arrange a courier. Will make a freaking scene on Saturday to the store I collected it. I better receive my money by tomorrow!!"
"My online return was processed smoothly and fast, they communicated regularly and were proactive in answering my queries , I would definitely shop with them again ."
"I have ordered gifts for friends from the selfridges website, both times paying for the highest delivery option to ensure the parcel arrives on time and in good condition. Both times I have been horrendously disappointed. Exceptionally poor customer service. The Box along with the PURSE were smashed up and crumpled. The box was a state, torn and stamped on! Definitely will not be recommending ordering online from Selfridges to anyone, unless they want a botched parcel and item. Ridiculous that this has happened twice and by such a supposedly “reputable” company. Absolute jokers and terrible terrible service, considering I paid £8 for delivery. Will definitely not be ordering from here again!"
"Just Shocking, The customer Service not a word I would use is laughable. We received a gift that was to small, we have rang 6 times to try and understand how to get an exchange to re-purchase a bigger size on line. The only option travel on the train to London to exchange or refund the Auntie who bought the gift with the correct sizing but as we know with clothes they do not follow UK sizing. But in the 6 phone calls we have now ran over the 28 Days as it was a gift she had it delivered two weeks before her Birthday. So we know sit with a very expensive top that we cannot do anything with, and surprisingly Selfridges will do nothing to assist. They wont even give me a surname so I can ring and talk to the same representatives. Unfortunately you are destroying your own business with terrible service out of principle I will never purchase from Selfridges again, and suggest you save your sanity and purchase from a reputable retailer that puts customers first"
"I will share my honest opinion of this shower. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM SELFRIDGES ON LINE UNLESS YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!! If I hadn’t been backed by PayPal, I would still be in the situation whereby I spent a significant sum for a watch for my partners birthday, but only received an empty box. Don’t get me wrong, it was a very nice Longines box,, but I was expecting a watch to be in it, as was my partner when she opened it. Apparently, because they count the boxes in their stock, this means they don’t have a thieving b?@&$rd in their warehouse, and I must have nicked it from the unopened box I gave her. As soon as they realise they may be at fault, they go into deny it mode. Customer service is the biggest joke out there. Just read the reviews on Facebook. Most have one star, so god only knows how they have an average 4.2 rating! I received perfectly undamaged packaging, delivered from the UK to Australia on the other side of the world seemingly unopened, yet it is my fault that there is no watch within!!! I repeat myself, DO NOT SHOP HERE!! Good job PayPal have some power and understand who is acting reasonably. Here’s a hint, it wasn’t Selfridges. Oh, and no Selfridges, you really don’t understand my frustration."
"Everything"
"Yes, is the only to get someone's attention that claims to be great in customer service is actually zero.I ordered a simple bag of jelly belly and eye make up palette,.it should not matter if you spend 2.00 to 2000000000 on line .The important part is when you say ,you are delivering a package on the day you are supposed to .You should and also the delivery company when they mess ,they should delivery first thing in the morning and not disrupt my day like i do not have anything else better to do.I shall not be buying anything on line.As i can all those reply are lame excuses for bad service."
"Ordered a Valentine gift from Selfridges as a surprise to my girlfriend with timed delivery from 7am-12pm. Called one of the customer service agent at 11:55am to ask about when the delivery arrive and got a promise that they will arrive in a few hours. Called them again at 4pm, different agent, saying that my gift will not arrive until the next day and offer me refund on delivery fee. I understand that on Valentine day the service will not be as fast as expected but not until next day while it is called "Timed delivery" and when I am willing to pay extra for better service. Have been customer of Selfridges for 6 years but I think I should find somewhere else more reliable."
"Due to unprofessional and condescending attitude at YSL handbag concession by most staff who just stand around with hands behind back, judging and talking about there customers, then arguing with us too, also choosing who to serve (customers who spend Thousands ££££) time after time. I now go new Bond Street and as I don't think this brand at selfridges deserve custom, i don't want to go back to selfridges because of my experience . I will say rest of Selfridges has been fabulous over the years but I'm sorry, 3 bad experience in same brand is not acceptable,"
"Appalled to say the least; After buying my wife a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes for Christmas, I wanted to purchase through a reputable retailer. Being a surprise, of course my wife was unable to try on the shoes, which unfortunately did not fit. Having sent the shoes back to Selfridges, which arrived back with them on the 8th January, I was subsequently contacted to say the item had been received and that I would be contacted within 5 working days. Roll on the 22nd January when I received the next email, stating that the shoes had been returned damaged?? and the item would be returned back to me!! At this point you could imagine my frustration. Especially as the shoe was tried on, on carpeted surface at home and was clear within moments that the shoes would not fit – so could clearly not be worn. After voicing my concerns regarding the query, I asked for this to be escalated to management. After battling through several emails, I eventually received an email stating that a member of management would be in touch within 48 hours…5 days ago and still nothing has prevailed and nobody has bothered to lift the phone. This begs the question, why are Christian Louboutin partnering with a retailer who provide such poor customer service and who do not follow up on their promises. I am now seeking independent legal advice to try and get my monies refunded so I can proceed to purchase my wife a Christmas present (and certainly not one from Selfridges)."
"I got what I wanted, which was the Huda Beauty eye shadow palette, usually it's out of stock on every other website, until I came across Selfridges."
"Bought a nice YSL bag from Selfridges with no issues, so decided to buy the Givenchy Antigona bag from here. After a week of having the bag, the silver handle (that holds the long shoulder strap) snapped. I was shocked, as I didn't expect the quality of the bag to be so poor. I called Selfridges straight away and the lady on the phone told me "there is nothing Selfridges could do to help", and even if I were to go in the store, I "would be advised the same thing". I was devastated by this point, and very stressed that I was going to be left with a broken bag that I have just paid over a grand and a half for. I felt like I was being robbed. I decided to turn up at the store anyway. Luckily the ladies in the Givenchy section were helpful and the manager gave me a replacement. I am very happy, but was very disappointing with the poor level of customer service I have received over the phone, as that has caused me a lot of stress for no reason! It's a good thing I didn't listen to her and actually went into Selfridges anyway!"
"Selfridges do not even deserve 1 star but it wasn’t possible to review without at least 1 star! I will never shop with this company again after ordering sandals and paying for the product only to be sent a different product as the product I ordered was actually out of stock. Selfridges and co should never have accepted my order or charged me for the product in the first place. Instead, I was then expected to return the product(that I did not order) to the post office before I could get a refund (for the product I did not receive) Appalling service - let’s see if I ever get the full refund I have requested..........I have no confidence in this company whatsoever - I should have read the reviews first!"
"My delivery came within 2 days...nicely packaged...and kept me up to date on the location of my order too...thanks"
"I purchased a VR Headset for my 10 year old daughter at Xmas. When opened on the day we found that it had ADULT MATERIAL downloaded on to it of Asian girls. I am still waiting for an explanation, apology, replacement of item or now, after so long, a refund. I'm just being fobbed off by customer services who say the right things but nothing happens"
Selfridges is rated 2.35 based on 133 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!