Protect My Property Reviews

of reviewers recommend Protect My Property
Read Protect My Property Reviews

About Protect My Property:

We install and maintain a wide range of tailored security systems, including alarms, CCTV and access control units.

enquiries@protectmyproperty.co.uk

11 Silver Fox WayCobalt Business Park, ,

Tell us how Protect My Property made you happy
Beyond terrible service,

I’m sharing this on here as I’ve posted the same on trustpilot.

Seriously considering cancelling my contract and going to trading standards and any other governing body I can think of.
I’ve had my alarm 20yrs, it was with British Gas originally and they gave the alarm part to ProtectmyProperty. All was going fine, alarm was serviced twice a year as part of my contract with them.
Then I realised the alarm hadn’t been serviced in some time - upon checking my service book since 2017!!!
So you can imagine I’m not one bit happy, I’m paying a lot of money for the Response 400 contract I have with them.
Made a call to complain on Monday 14th September. Chased for a response on Wednesday 16th sept and also to chase up the non existent service phone call that I was told I’d receive on Monday.
Booked for a service the first one in 3yrs!! Was told someone would call me. I said don’t call Thursday 17th September as I’ll be in hospital. So guess what they rang as I was getting prepped for surgery - told them I couldn’t talk. Lady apologised said she’d ring Friday.
Think you get the picture by now. No call came and I chased yesterday Wednesday 23rd September for some response to my complaint. Can you believe they manager or whoever should have been talking to me passed a message back through the call handler that they tried calling Friday but the number wasn’t working!!! And they’d offer me 3 months free.
I said NO WAY, told the lady to pass that back to her supervisor/manager and remind them they should have been taking the call and also remind them they’ve had the best part of £1000 from me the last 3yrs and my alarm was serviced once only in 2017 and nothing since then. Yet they’ve been quick enough to take my money.
The call handler then informed me I’d have to wait to speak to the other person as they were finishing work for the day....
Can you believe the nerve of how that call was handled. I’m beyond disgusted and I’m taking this all the way.
I intend next to write the the CEO, directors along with trading standards and the Ombudsman.
Totally unacceptable.
So right now I’d be advising people to steer clear and do not use them.
Hi There! We hope you don't mind us sharing the update you provided on Trustpilot regarding this compliant below...

UPDATE:-
Received a phone call from Protect my Property after I rang the Stevenage HQ. They contacted them and Nicola rang me.
Full of apologies and promised to rectify the issue and we came to an agreement which I’m happy with.
So feel it’s only fair I post this update. I hope it returns to being the great service I once knew. For now I’m satisfied with the outcome
Excellent service carried out this morning by the two very pleasant engineers plus all covid 19 precautions taken.
Jason Heywood Operative
Excellent service spotting outdated fire alarm and replacing even though this was not on his agenda.
Well done and looking forward to seeing him on future occasions.
Hi Paul, its great to hear you were happy with the recent service you received from our engineer. Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us!
Prompt and thorough in the maintenance checks
Hi Tony, Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback! All the best.
Installation by Jason Heywood.

Excellent service - in every respect
Hi Ruth,

We are glad to hear you are happy with the service! Many thanks for sharing your feedback.
The young man Jason Heywood was fantastic. I have had this alarm for years and never before been told I have a panic button downstairs and that I am connected to the fire service. It is years that the service of the alarm has been done so will. Thank you so much Jason hope you will always come in future.
Hi Christine,
Its wonderful to hear that you have been happy with the level of service you have experienced over the years. Thank you for highlighting the work of our engineer, we are extremely proud of our team and the customer service they provide.
Engineer attended this morning Jason Heywood
Arrived on time, and did a
thorough service on my alarm took the time to explained everything he had done.
This is the most thorough Alarm Service I have had in years.
Very pleasant and polite chap
Hi Marian,
We are extremely pleased to receive your feedback, along with the kind words for our engineer. Please take care and thanks for taking the time to share your experience.
I assure you that the following is FACT
See posts under Trustpilot, still updating as the saga continues, and it will as I have discovered something else.
However in the meantime.
I have just reviewed your - Our New Ways of Working, and watched video, 'well take me to the foot of our stairs', Maybe its just me they cannot be bothered to do as the video states. Turning up with NO protection, until I insisted on the next visit that they should, then it was hit and miss, a mask at HALF mask, fingerless gloves, no uniform, looked as it wearing something that men sleep in, NO call before hand etc.,etc., Walking all over the house, even upstairs, when I asked that if he wanted anything just give me a shout and I'll be down. Found out later after he left that he decided to write up his report in the kitchen, after I told him he had the use of the hall table. No wipe down. Believe me it took me a good hour wiping down surfaces spraying etc., I am not some old girl who has OCD when it comes to cleaning, but in the current climate one has to be a a little more careful.
Come on people does not matter who the company is they should respect people, maybe when they turn up at a property in Mayfair, they drag out the PPE and uniform etc., call the staff before they turn up, and lets not forget the cleaning material. I have a saying 'Everybody counts or nobody counts' in fact its borrowed from Harry Bosch
Forgot no DRILL when he knew full well that one was needed, when he told me that it would take him 15 mins to get back to his van to get it so back and forth 30 mins, just to speed things along I let him use my drill. So far with Covid19 and this its my Anno Horribilis, not so much to do with C/19
The service engineer Anthony Phillips was very thorough and his manner was very pleasant. He provided answers to my queries about the system and completed the service very efficiently. A great job. The rating stars wouldn’t work on the system but you have my 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us David. We appreciate the feedback!
Just had our 6 monthly service on our home security system. Our regular engineer Paul came and did his usual friendly efficient job, despite all the extra's brought about by requirements tp be Covid secure. Despite the age of the system it stills works as well as ever.
Hi Peter,
Lovely to hear from you, and we are delighted that you are happy with the friendly service and the quality of the system. All the best, take care!
This company has not been the same as it used to be owned by 2 different company I have to ring up for the alarm to be services which I never used they used to call me and now found out alarm not monitored call to office on monday just not as officiant as it used to be
Hi Catherine,

Many thanks for sharing your feedback, we believe there has since been a resolution to this issue, and we hope you are once more happy with the protection we offer your home. Catherine's query went through to our out of hours service provider, and we were disappointed to learn that Catherine did not get the customer support that we would expect and pride ourselves on. We have since changed our out of hours provider, and as a gesture of goodwill we telephoned to offer our sincere apology for the inconvenience. We also provided Catherine with a reduction on her monthly bill as a further step to address this grievance. Thank you for sharing your feedback, customer service is extremely important to us and we are delighted that you continue to trust us with your home security.
We have had our house alarm for many years, without a hitch. Your engineer Rob Worton attended our property today to rectify what turned out to be a complex fault. He was courteous and helpful throughout the appointment, and would not leave until he was satisfied that everything was as it should be. It is good to know that our house is secure and safe once again. Please pass on our comments to him.
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience with Protect My Property! It is always wonderful to hear our customers compliment our engineers who we are very proud of. We are delighted that you have selected our service to keep your household safe and secure for a number of years. All the best!
I am very impressed with Mr Anthony Phillips and he carried out the installation of a new alarm system and key pads in a very professional manner and did an excellent job.
Only for him I would of left your company after two previous engineers failed to rectify the fault and your control never informed them correctly and they didn’t bring the necessary parts.
Hey Peter, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback! We are delighted to hear you are satisfied with the installation of your new alarm system.
Excellent service from Paul. Call before hand, care of property, pleasant and cheerful attitude and Covid19 measures - mask, gloves, distancing and sanitising surfaces. Also helpful with advice.
Hi Anne,
Its great to hear from you! Thank you for taking the time to write about your positive experience with us. Covid-19 is a challenge for us all, and we believe its important to ensure our customers feel safe when we come to visit. Take care, and stay safe!
System fully sorted now Paul very good and friendly and good Covid 19 practices
Hi Nigel, We are to happy to hear that you are satisfied with your system, and very pleased to learn that you were impressed with our Covid-19 practices. All the best, stay safe!
Awful company, refuse to refund 78 year old widow when they did not cancel agreement and kept on taking money.

She has proof she called and wrote in but they cannot find call recording or letter she sent in so are refusing to refund the money. £100 is a lot of money to her.
Ms. Rhodes emailed us on 17th April 2020 to advise that she wished to cancel her agreement and asked for a refund from December 2019, advising that she had sent a letter to us at that time. We do not dispute that Ms. Rhodes sent the letter or made a phone call to us, however, all cancellations need to be in writing as per our terms and conditions, and as we have not received a letter we are unable to process a refund.

As a gesture of good will as we appreciate that this is very frustrating for Ms Rhodes we offered to refund the direct debit payment which was taken during her 30 day cancellation period, however, this was refused.
Had our annual service undertaken by engineer named Rob, he rang well in advance to tell us when he would be with us and introduced himself on arrival. He was very professional and extremely thorough, he also made sure we were aware of all work undertaken and spent time checking that we were aware of all the facilities on the system and how to use them.
He was very considerate, pleasant and a great ambassador for the company. Excellent service.
Engineer named Chris serviced my alarm. He had a lovely manner, answered any questions. He arrived promptly and was both professional and personable.
Fixed the problem. Knowledgeable. Efficient
A very helpful Darren who called today to do a check on the alarm system at my property. Nothing was too much trouble for him, he was very polite and easy to understand when explaining how he was trying to resolve the matter. I have been with the company for many years and have always been extremely satisfied with the service supplied.
Protect My Property is rated 4.58 based on 151 reviews