Oxford Royale Academy Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Oxford Royale Academy

About Oxford Royale Academy: Oxford's leading summer school with students living and studying in 9 different Oxford colleges, Cambridge, London, St Mary's Ascot as well as historic Yarnton Manor.

admin@oxford-royale.co.uk

How would you rate Oxford Royale Academy?

Jamie
"Wow! I can't believe I got to be in such an amazing program. What I thought was going to be just a computer science course turned out to be such a challenging, exciting, and rewarding experience. I met many diverse and passionate people who really helped me grow as a person. Learning from my classmates' experiences in their home countries, working with them in class, and sharing stories.. it was all very insightful. As well, the staff were approachable and memorable. I found it quite useful to talk to them about my questions about university life and choices. They were also my friends- they gave me the push I needed to perform in the talent show (which I won!). I learned what I was capable of, both in school and singing. Whether it be the staff or students, I've made some great friends on this trip and they've enabled me to feel more confident in myself!"
Mikolaj
"Good people at right place, very good "Introduction to Enterprise" group A teacher, Anuj Datta. I met people all around the world and made lots of friendships which will last for a long time, im sure about that."
"I really need to say thank you to Your guys. The activity you guys arranged for us is so interesting that I joined it everyday."
"Everything was amazing. I enjoy the lifestyle and classes in ORA."
"Oxford Royale Academy was a great experience for me because even though at the start, I was anxious and homesick but a couple of days after the course started, all of those feelings fated away and were replaced by happy ones because I felt at home again but at the same time, I was learning extremely interesting things with extraordinary students and teachers."
"It was a great experience that everyone should have, it also gave me the opportunity to know international people and to make great friends"
"I met a lot of new friends from all over the globe which was really cool and interesting. The lessons and teachers were also very good, the teachers were well educated and liked their subject and the lessons were fun."
"I enjoyed being at ORA so much! I made so many new friends and develeoped a lot of new skills that I can use at school and in the rest of my life. We had amazing opportunities and it was amazing. All the staff and teachers are amazing and now I have friends from all over the world!"
"oxford royale academy was an experience unforgettable and made me really consider applying there. It was fun and challenging, loved my teachers."
"I really enjoyed the camp but I stayed for a month and the staffs in the second campus were really bad. The were so rude and made you feel bad."
"Oxford Royale Academy was really fun and it made me happy as the lessons were really interesting and I was never bored during the lesson. In addition, we had many fun activities and the counsellors seemed happy to be with us they were not bored. They were willing to play and have fun with us. The most important though was that the kids were really nice and that we made lots of friends. I would definitely consider coming again! It was one of the best experiences in my life that I will never forget"
"The exposure to my dream career of becoming a doctor was at deep level. I learnt so many new topics and enjoyed the practical sessions when we disected a heart during the introduction to medicine course. I loved the free atmosphere present in the class, that made it easy to ask questions and alert the teacher if you wanted him to review a concept. I really enjoyed meeting people from all over the world and being able to learn new cultures and make new friends. Above all, I especially loved the scholarship scheme, of which I was a beneficiary, as it granted me, a girl from the Democratic Republic of Congo, the chance to experience student-life at one of the best Universities in the World."
"ORA gave me the opportunity to further explore the subject I want to learn in the future. I was able to make up my mind about what I wanted to be when I grew up. It also gave me the chance to meet many different people from around the world that have the same interests as me. These two weeks were busy filled with; fun excursions and activities, very interesting and eye opening lessons with great teachers and spending time with our newest friends. The counsellors helped us greatly and made this experience as fun and safe as it was. An experience I would recommend!"
"Oxford Royale Academy made me more confident in my work than I had ever been. I made so many new and amazing friends from all over the world."
"Great education and teachers, without forgetting the campus facilities which were first level. Very clean and neat, organisation has improved a lot since ORA 2016."
"I've met a lot of cool people from all around the world. It was a good chance to improve my English while also making new friends. It provides a good opportunity to strengthen your collage application."
"During the two weeks of the programme I felt very safe. The learning environment was mot only challenging, it was promoting ,and very pleasant. I enjoyed the activities and last but not least I met nice people and made new friends. I hope I can join the ora programme again next year."
"It was the best the best experience in my life. I made many friends , learned about my favorite subject and hot to explore the town of Oxford."
"During these 2 weeks, ORA made me happy in so many ways. To begin with, my neuroscience course was the most interesting course I ever took, I really enjoyed it, and enjoyed the instructor's way of teaching. Then, I really liked that there were always activities in stock for us that brought us (the students) closer together, made us try new things and allowed us to express ourselves: I liked the art session, the drumming session, the quiz night, the punting, the parties, the outdoor theatre, the insight masterclass (Stock market challenge), the Model United Nations and our excursion to London (the musical "The School of Rock" was amazing). (Also, having mini-foot tables and table tennis in the Marquee was a good idea). When it comes to the people at ORA, the counsellors were very helpful, very fun and friendly, and a lot of the students I met were amazing people, very open, interesting, talented and such good friends with whom I had a great time with! Another reason why I enjoyed my stay there so much was because we were given some freedom and were trusted. Plus, there was lots of beautiful nature in Oxford to explore and we were aloud to use the Music House on the Saint Catherine campus whenever we wanted; I loved spending time there with my friends."
"I have met incredible people and have had the opportunity to grow as a person!"
"Oxford royale managed to keep everyone safe, organised and most importantly with something to do. ORA was for sure and experience i will never forget."
"ORA was everything that I hoped it would be, and offered more than I expected. I see now why the course is called 'Broadening Horizons' because ORA has changed my outlook and perspective, not only of the world around me, but of myself too. The international atmosphere that ORA provided was a fantastic opportunity to be exposed to culture, activities and excursions, and really gave me a broader understanding of what 'education' really means through a social and intellectually stimulating environment. I am a debater, and never so many times have I been in debates with peers and had to say, "Oh yes, you make a very good point. I stand corrected. You're absolutely right." The academic classes and workshop were absolutely first rate. The opportunity to engage with the class and ask questions was always at the forefront, and I really felt accepted and appreciated in the classroom. I learned things that I would never have otherwise got to learn about, such as Experimental Psychology, and Special Relativity. There is something amazing and unique about being surrounded by peers from completely different cultures, and discovering so much in common in terms of the way we think and approach problems and ideas, both inside the classroom and out. ORA did something dramatic for me emotionally: I have discovered the great chasm of difference that lies between 'being accepted and respected' for who I am, and 'being truly appreciated, supported, encouraged and loved' for who I am, and for what I have to offer, by students and staff in equal measure. I used to think of myself as a very self-confident person, but now I realise - others showing how much I am valued instils a new level of self-respect and shows me what I deserve. I am so grateful to ORA for completely transforming my social and personal perspectives."
Oxford Royale Academy is rated 4.83 based on 337 reviews