Oxford Royale Academy Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Oxford Royale Academy

About Oxford Royale Academy: Oxford's leading summer school with students living and studying in 9 different Oxford colleges, Cambridge, London, St Andrews, Stanford, St Mary's Ascot as well as historic Yarnton Manor.

admin@oxford-royale.co.uk

How would you rate Oxford Royale Academy ?

Neda
"Being at ORA for even 2 weeks has to be the the most fun experience of my life. Not only were the courses challenging but helpful, I’ve made friends for life from all around the world. All of this wouldn’t be possible without my participation in ORA."
Lefteris
"In the first days of my stay in Oxfrod Royale Academy I was a bit worried about what was going to follow during these 2 weeks but as days were passing by I realized why I was there so i started taking the whole thing much warmer. To sum up if it wasn’t the best ,it was definitely one of the best experiences of my life and I would seriously consider to attend ORA again next year. I met a lot of people that with most of them we became friends, REAL friends that we will be in touch for a long time. I would never imagine that 2 weeks would be more than enough to become a family with the other students. The academic courses were also very interesting and fascinating. It was a life experience that I will never forget and I am sure that one day I am going to see these guys once again."
"I had a wonderful time with Oxford Royale Acadmey both academically as well as socially. The staff were extremely helpful, the course was inspiring and educational, the activities were really fun and I met so many new and wonderful people with whom I will be friends with for many years to come. I would encourage anyone to do a course at ORA as it is such a memorable experience."
"I did the 2018 Broadening Horizons Course through Oxford Royale Academy from 1st-14th July, and it was one of the best trips of my life! It was amazing to meet people from all across the world- from different cultures and backgrounds- and to share the experience with the numerous friends I made. The lessons were very interesting and the classroom environment was fun and relaxed. Activities such as punting and watching Mamma Mia in London made this trip unforgettable. Furthermore, the amazing ORA counsellors made this trip ten times as exciting, especially the counsellors at Queen's College. They really took care of us and made us feel right at home. By the end of the two weeks, we were all dreading going back home and wished that the trip could go on forever! I would recommend this trip to anyone who is considering applying- you will definitely not regret it."
"Coming to Oxford Royale this summer was an experience I'll never forget. It allowed me to broaden my horizons; not just within the classroom, where I studied subjects I wouldn't be able to at school, but also in a social context. I met people from all over the world, and got to know more about different countries, cultures and religions, truly allowing me to get a taste of many places that I haven't yet had the chance to visit yet. While I learned a lot in my classes at ORA and loved my teachers and the life they brought to the classroom, they surprisingly weren't the most important part of my 2 weeks at Oxford, as I'd expected them to be. What now matters to me are the friendships I've forged over the last 2 weeks, the Queen's College campus I've come to adore and the city that is Oxford in general; Oxford is a place I've grown to love and is a place I would return to in a heartbeat, and I will most certainly be back if not next year, in the very near future."
"As this was my first time in Oxford. I really had enjoyed the college life over there and the activities been held. I also loved how everyone was there for help when needed. I loved it so much that I would recommend it to my friends as well."
"Oxford Royale Academy was for me the experience of a lifetime. The courses that I took inspired new interest in my academic pursuits and I have had my eyes opened to another world of opportunity. Many people that you meet at ORA are highly intelligent, capable and pleasant individuals that push you to your limits, true to the saying, "Iron sharpens iron and one man sharpens another". I wish that I had the opportunity to attend ORA again and when there, wished that I could just stay one more day."
"It was a fantastic experience to meet new friends and to get to know about possible careers."
"My experience at ORA was honestly one of the best things I've ever done. I made the greatest friends, learned from the kindest teachers and also was taken care of by the best staff and counsellors. By the end of the session, you really just wish that the experience you had at ORA would never end! The cultural diversity is so great and getting to making friends from all over the world is something that I wouldn't be able to do at many other places and I am truly thankful for that opportunity. The counsellors were very easy to talk to and were also very kind, making me summer even better. Hands down this was the best summer experience I've ever had."
"To begin with, I would like to thank each member of ORA who made this experience so special and unforgettable for me. My first campus was meant to be Yarnton Manor. When I arrived there, I didn’t feel like the staff cared about us, it felt like they were so uninterested. There were a lot hours which we sat and did nothing, and the activities were not diverse and interesting enough. The rooms were terrible, food would be finished if you arrived a little late, and there was only one type of food. I was so dissatisfied. Thanks to Kris, I was able to change my campus, and the “magical” part of my journey started. When I arrived at Lady Margaret Hall, staff was really welcoming and it made me feel like I was a part of that place even though I arrived 3 days later. Activities were really nice and productive. Having 2 activities most of the days even made it better. Accomodation was amazing as well, rooms were big and we had our bathroom, which made living in the campus much easier. Lessons were instructive and pragmatic, I learned many things that I didn’t before. Despite this, we were inclined to forget what we learned because we weren’t asked about the things we learned. Our assignments were about different topics than we learned in our lessons, maybe it would be better if we would be given projects on what we learned, but it was still so educative. The food was literally amazing, it was various and delicious. The excursions were really nice as well, although we could have visited Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Westminster Palace, St. Paul Cathedral and etc. instead of the Dungeons and an aquarium because they have nothing to do with London. Instead of being underground it would have been better to visit landmarks. And lastly, the best part of the camp was definitely making so many friends all over the world, and having the time of your life with them. The time I spent with my friends was full of laughter and joy, I can’t forget any part of it, it was just perfect and every time I think about it ı get emotional. These 2 weeks have been one of the best two weeks in my life, and I cannot thank anyone enough for that. I will never forget the memories I made, it was just perfect."
"One of the best experiences I've ever had. Great people. Great teachers. Great over all."
"Oxford Royale Academy offers great opportunities to discover new areas of study, and new facets of who you are as a person. Oxford becomes a part of you that you do not want to let go because it opens new trails to new curiosities. It is an amazing experience to widen your point of view of the world and to meet diverse people who have something new to share. You learn from your teachers, from your counselors and from your new friends."
"It was an amazing experience joining ORA for summer this year. I absolutely have no regrets and I’d love to join again next year. Everything went smoothly and I didn’t have any problems whatsoever. It’s definitely worth a shot joining ORA for those who are planning on taking a summer course."
"My time spent Oxford Royale Academy this summer was one of the best experiences of my life. Before coming I knew I was somewhat interested in law, but the Pre Law programme at Oxford showed me that it is truly what I wanted to do in university. The class were interesting and engaging and the teacher was clear and kept the class setting dynamic. The environment at Oxford Royale is educational while still being fun and social. During my two weeks I made amazing friends that I truly believe will last a life time. By being around new people from different countries with different interests help me become more worldly and grow as a person. I would recommend this programme to anyone."
"My experience with ORA was outstanding. I learned a lot during the two weeks I spent at St. Peter's College, and got to know several interesting people. The only thing I wish would have been different is the number of compulsory social activities. There should be some compulsory activities, but not too many. As an introvert, I got exhausted by the tight program and lack of alone time, and several of those whom I spoke to agreed. One or two hours more free time would have been enough to recharge, and thereby enjoy the activities more. Apart from that, I have only positive memories from Oxford, and highly recommend it."
"ORA was one of the best experiences I’ve ever lived ! I met a group of wonderful people that have become true friends and that i’ll never forget! We had a lot of free time which wasn’t taken for granted since we got the chance to walk around oxford and discover beautiful monuments! As for the teachers, the ones I personally had were exceptional! They were extremly patient, joyful and talked to us without having the awkward teacher-student barrier! The consuelors were extremly nice and patient given all the students they had to take care of. They were always open to discussion and not screaming at us all the time. Finally, the campus was very nice and easy to get around. I personally had a very nice room with a private bathroom which i was very thankful for. The only downsides were the facts that small fans weren’t provided since it could be very hot at times in the room. As well as the access to water was quite minimal. However I will always keep the best memories with me and i will definetly recommend this camp to my friends and family! Thank you for this wonderful experience ORA!"
"ORA 2018 was one of the most incredible 2 weeks of my life! Not only were the lessons constantly challenging and exciting but there were so many opportunities to explore Oxford. The life skills and experience from simply being there have set me up well for my final years of school and into university."
"Oxford Royale Academy organised an amazing summer program that made my vacations fruitful and productive. The courses and the activities were well planned and organised and we're also a lot of fun. I personally enjoyed the Stock Market Challenge activity as it helped me learn a great knowledge about stocks. All the teachers and staff were very highly friendly and approachable. ORA created a fantabulous atmosphere that made me feel at home. I thoroughly enjoyed this experience as I got to make friends from foreign countries and got to live on my own. I would like to thank ORA for such a wonderful experience I have had and making these two weeks the best of my life."
"The best experience that a teenager can have to explore different possible careers in an amazing city!"
"ORA is an amazing summer program. Giving students the opportunity to learn and have fun while making friends. It gives kids in many age groups to be able to discover what they want to do in the future and clear the fog of the giant question mark it is. It is so much fun with intriguing side activities. 10/10 reccomend for kids who want to learn, or just have some fun."
Oxford Royale Academy is rated 4.83 based on 366 reviews