Oxford Royale Academy Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend Oxford Royale Academy

About Oxford Royale Academy: Oxford's leading summer school with students living and studying in 9 different Oxford colleges, Cambridge, London, St Andrews, Stanford, St Mary's Ascot as well as historic Yarnton Manor.

admin@oxford-royale.co.uk

Tell us how Oxford Royale Academy made you happy

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Mindy
"First and foremost, it was only one day since the session ended, but I was already missing all the people. I'm not sure where to begin with. The staff and students truly made it a place like no other. I also deeply regret that I did not express my gratitude at the graduation ceremony when I received my award with an invaluable gift attached to it. As a regional bursary scholarship student from Mongolia, it was thrilling for me to spend two weeks with the amazing, supportive and energetic community. I also saw what ORA did for the kids. I could see the changes in them day by day, as amazing as that sounds. I could relate to the students who opened up and tried new things for the first time to the supportive audience. It was truly an experience. The staff became part of the young adults. They shaped them into the men and women they will become in society. They were a big part of their confidence boost; their self-confidence. The teachers helped make us grow. And the counsellors, they let them be kids again. As the most problematic student in the session (lost baggage at airport etc), I could not express how much I appreciated their help and how the staff, especially program coordinators, pronounced my full name exactly correct. The lessons I learned both in and out of the classroom were monumental, and the jokes I'm glad I know now, and those wish I did not, the meals, afternoon activities and evening shouts ended too soon. They all mean so much."
Maxiane
"Being able to attend the New Perspectives program with Oxford Royale Academy is the best experience that has happened in my life so far 💯💯. The most satisfactory part of the courses was that I had a goal, stuck with it, and in the end all the work I did paid off. One thing I was looking forward to, was the social activities that I had seen on the ORA blog and they most definitely did not disappoint (the Friday night party was THE best). 🔥🔥 The absolute best part of this new experience was meeting and making friends from literally all over the world. Meeting new people exposed me to different cultures, ways of thinking, and this enhanced my knowledge of the outside world, but also showed me how big and diverse it really is. I had read before going to ORA that during the two week stay, that I would most likely make friends for life. I didn't take that to be true though. After the end of the two weeks, I was devastated to leave my new-found friends. I think ORA is a great program that exposes people to the world in a very good way. It gives people the opportunity to gain knowledge first-hand on the different cultures present and be able to share their culture also. The courses given are practical and very useful especially if you haven't taken the course(s) in school yet. If you're contemplating participating in Oxford Royale Academy, DO IT! ORA is the G.O.A.T AND IS THE WAY TO GO!!!"
"every part of the experience in ORA i think will stay in my fish memory for a long time: lessons (teachers who were so inspired by their subjects ), activities (kinky boots made me cry i have to admit), people (all staff were amazing, my roommate was a sweet pie, group mates were encouraging to actually do something) and tasty food (very important obviously) made two weeks fly as one second (maybe a bit more when i was doing presentations and writing essays but anyway). also wifi is everywhere! thank you for no-judgment atmosphere during both lessons and spare time, that was very important personally for me and helped to enjoy the process without thinking much about how i look from the side."
"During the one-week Yale Summer School Global Leadership Programme, I was able to explore what strengths and weaknesses I thought I had, and modify them accordingly to where I have decided to pursue for the nearing university life and beyond that. Treating sick patients may not be centred on politics, but ethical jurisdiction and appropriate relations are critical for conducting the best doctor-patient interaction. The consideration for the students’ preference for conducting classes was really favourable for someone like me, who attended the programme to broaden my experience. The topics we discussed were relevant in the happenings of the real world, which I believe is important for us youth who will mold the future. The afterclass excursions exposed me to the ways of different backgrounds and how to interact with them for maximum efficiency. It helped me become more confident in my skills and allowed me to work on my areas for improvement. All in all, I would recommend the Yale Summer School Global Leadership Programme for everyone because the experience is definitely worth it."
"Everything is beyond amazing, from the teachers, to the people you meet! You bond with people from all over the globe, and make so many new friends that you will miss them when you leave! The teachers are really experts at what they teach and they want you to have fun and learn a lot at the same time. Honestly, I really want to go back!!"
"I had a great time in my Broadening Horizons course. It was a great opportunity to explore academic fields and to make friendships with people from all over the world. The location was very historical and central which allowed for easy transportation. The academic growth I obtained through this course was very rewarding and beneficial. It also exposed me to many fields and let me know which ones I like and which ones I dislike. The staff was considerate and would do their best to help anyone who had a complication, they were also approachable and did not alienate themselves from the students. On the academic side, I was shown what I am lacking and where and how I can improve the quality of my work. In conclusion, it was an experience which helped me enhance my academic skills and give me a taste of what university life could be like."
"I spend two magical weeks at Ora , with wonderful people. It was an amazing experience that not everyone is lucky to live. I improved skills like independence, responsibility, socialisation and collaboration. I also became fluent in English . I learned how to right essays and enrich my vocabulary, which helped me at my English o levels . Ora not only makes you more open minded as you become familiar with a lot of cultures and you meet a lot of creative , talented and inspired people and places , but it also inspires you to change the world . Either that is for health or for the third world countries' problems or for gender equality and other types of racism . I will always be thankful for the life changing experience at Oxford royale Academy. I feel like I came back a more mature and wiser person. I highly recommend and hope that other young people could take participation at Oxford royale Academy's courses."
"Oxford Royale Academy has been one of the most enriching experiences of my life. Participating in this summer school has not only educated me in the subjects I chose, but also in real life skills. I’ve learned to be independent, and how to take care of myself. I have also gotten the opportunity to socialize and make friends with other kids my age from all over the world. These friendships have given me an insight on all the different cultures and ways of life around the world. I have also gotten to explore Oxford itself, and learn about its history and experience it’s amazing architecture. Overall, I think that going to Oxford Royale Academy is an awesome, life changing experience, which I would highly recommend."
"This was probably the most memorable, greatest and amazing experiences of my entire life. Not only did I make friends for life at Oxford Royale, but I developed the skills necessary to give me an edge in the medical school application process. I loved every single minute of it, the independence, my teacher, my class, the deans and counsellors, Steve, the scenery, the parties, the activities, I could literally go on forever. I would recommend it to everyone."
"The experience that Oxford Royale provided me with was one of the most memorable. I interacted and made friends with a diverse bunch of students with similar interests to my own. It gave me the opportunity to work toward an subject that I might choose to further and come back after the two weeks as a more independent individual. The classes were enthralling and creatively taught. A series of techniques and concepts were taught. I was pushed to work harder but have come back a more responsible and diligent person. It was the first time that I was not ‘coddled’ and truly given a chance to take care of myself. All the counsellors were approachable at all points of time. We were taken on a series of excursions but given a chance to also explore Oxford on our own and Get a taste of college life. For somebody that has had very bad experiences at courses in the past, this has truly changed my entire perspective. It’s helped me not on explore my chosen field and make lifelong friends, but also gain confidence and greatly contributed to my character. It gave me the chance to understand the responsibilities that are inherent with independence and opportunity. This was truly the best two weeks of my entire life."
"My time spent at Oxford Royale Academy was certainly an unforgettable experience. I was definitely nervous upon arrival but it took me a little over a day to feel accepted and loved by all the wonderful people I got to meet. Overall, my two week stay at Oxford was full of learning and fun with my new friends from numerous countries worldwide. I would love to do it again!"
"Super positive environment. Many fun activities-- a visit to London, the theatre, punting, and just the right amount of free time. Wide range of courses offered, competent educators. Some living quarters better than others."
"My ORAexperience was amazing. I had fun and met people from different countries. What I liked most was that I was able to get a clear idea of ​​what I want to become in the future. The time spent there taught me what I should expect in university which I’m really happy about."
"Oxford Royale Academy Summer School was an amazing experience and I’m sure that I will never forget it! I took the New Perspectives course, from which I choose three subjects: Physics & Chemistry, Human Biology and Essay Writing Skills. All the classes were interesting and gave me the opportunity to explore these areas further than I have the chance to do at school. I loved the teachers as well and all the members of the staff. They were always happy to help us, not only in classes but also outside of them, and that made this experience much better. But ORA is much more than just the classes, ORA is all about meeting people from all over the world and that’s what makes it so special. For example, I had the chance to meet people from Australia, Malaysia, Germany, USA, China, Italy, Madagascar, and from many other countries altogether. I never imagined I would identify myself with all these people, but the truth is that after the two weeks it seemed like we knew each other for much longer. Besides the classes, we had a lot of activities, for instance, I went punting, which is a traditional activity in Oxford, and I just loved it! We also went to London, to visit the Aquarium and the London Eye and to the Blenheim Palace, where we had a very relaxing time! Finally we had two parties, and they were by no means the best ones I have been in my life, the atmosphere was really cool, everyone was having fun and on account of the themes of the parties, everything was decorated according to them and it made them wonderful! Basically, ORA is a great opportunity to learn new things, to try new activities but mainly, ORA is an opportunity to make friends from all over the world, to know other cultures and to learn to live in a community where we respect each other and learn from each other, because we all came from different backgrounds and we all had different stories to tell!"
"It is a great experience at ORA.I especially adore the academic courses, as the teachers are really respectful to students and they’re knowledgeable . Through many group works and debates at class, I definitely made progress in my fields of interest. Also,councilors are laid-back and they made my experience wonderful and fulfilling"
"ORA was one of the best experiences of my life, I met some amazing people which I am still contacting. I hope I will continue to talk and communicate with them for the rest of my life. Overall had an amazing time!"
"It was really an amazing experience for me in this summer. I really enjoyed the time I spent in ORA summer school as I learned lots of academic knowledge and gained precious friendship. Overall, I love the intersection with every one of you in this summer."
"The staff was great, everything was perfectly managed, the campus was amazing, the courses were great, the activities were very nice (punting was fun :)) and I met amazing people who I will remember for my whole life. It was one of the best experiences of my life."
"When I first got to ORA a i was really scared, but then it really succeeded on changing how I felt about it. I met amazing new friends that I’m still in contact with until now, I even discovered my passion for creative writing that I didn’t know existed until after I graduated from ORA. It was truly an amazing experience that I would love to relive. The staff and counselors really made a difference at ORA due to their kindness and positive personality and I came home feeling achieved. There were so many different people with different backgrounds and it was so much fun getting know different cultures and also finding some people with the same culture as mine! I would definitely recommend ORA to anyone who wants to find out what they want to do in the future or try to start a new page by meeting different people and I hope I get to come back next year! And maybe even one day as a counselor too!"
"Oxford Royale Academy had an amazing environment. Not only were there an array of several subject choices, but the staff and students at ORA made these two weeks the best summer I could ask for. The teachers were amazing as they were considerate and really passionate about their students making our learning and understanding really easy and interesting."
Oxford Royale Academy is rated 4.83 based on 502 reviews