Mothercare Reviews

of reviewers recommend Mothercare
Over a week

Tell us how Mothercare made you happy
Amazing customer service. Approached me right away and helped me find the right car seat for my son. Would recommend to anyone
Appalling customer service and I won't be shopping with Mothercare again. I purchased the Stokke mycarrier - back carrier online, which didn't match the product description or the photos on their website. When I contacted customer service, the representative agreed that the description was misleading but what a surprise, it hasn't been changed since. He never offered an apology and seemed uninterested. He stated that he would send a 'return slip' but this never arrived. I even had to chase them for a refund (twice!), as I hadn't received it in over two weeks!
Please read below for my full story. Dear Customer Service Team It saddens me that as a last resort that I have had to contact you at head office directly, however it seems necessary now that no one in local locations were able to help. In August 2016, my partner and I purchased an ICandy Peach 3 buggy with additional carry cot, car seat adaptors etc etc. We also bought a car seat from you a month previous along with several hundred pounds worth of clothing, bedding and toys. When we were browsing buggies, we had ready that the ICandy can hold two seats at the same time and act as a double. Great. I was happy and my partner was happy. We went to purchase the buggy at Mothercare-Anniesland in Glasgow, where we spent a good 30-40 minutes discussing the buggy (including if the car seat would definitely fit this model, which it did). We also advised that we were looking to have our children quite close together, hence buying a buggy which would accommodate an additional seat where they advised we just needed to purchase the adaptors- No problem. The staff were very helpful, they had to order in the buggy as they didn’t have the colour in stock at that particular location. On collection, the staff showed us how it was all build etc. Great service. In February 2018, I went to Mothercare-St Enoch to buy the double buggy adaptors as we were expecting a little boy in April. I purchased these alongside another few items, where the adaptors were sent to my house as they weren’t in stock. Great. Baby is born in April 2018, as baby and mummy are in hospital recovering I decide to put the buggy together so I knew how to work it for our first trip out and about. Unfortunately the adaptors just wouldn’t accommodate the carry cot (I still had the manual from the purchase and just could not work it out). I eventually popped down to Mothercare-Coatbridge as I was going to be in that area that afternoon. I happened to meet the manager on the floor next to the ICandy stand and I advised that I couldn’t put it altogether, I also advised I had the full buggy with adaptors and seats in car. I brought it all in for her to have a go. She also followed the guide… nope nothing, wasn’t going together and her and I were baffled. I have my beautiful £1000 buggy and my two beautiful kids but unfortunately only one can go in it… which one do I choose! The manager said she would contact ICandy directly to find out why what when where etc. I left my number, and she called within a couple of hours. She advised that I actually had to buy an additional carry cot, called a twin. She did advise me that she didn’t actually know a lot about ICandy and that’s why she couldn’t advise me at the time, but in all fairness she was absolutely fantastic, great service and she went and discovered the issue. I obviously wasn’t best pleased that I was then expected to buy an additional £185 part for my buggy. The manager asked where I bought it and the adaptors etc. She phoned the Anniesland Manager herself and explained the situation and organised for them to give me a call. (At this point, I want to express my major concerns at this point before going further; 1.) I was not advised when I originally bought the buggy that I’d need to buy an additional twin carrycot along with the adaptors seeing as I had just bought the carry cot with it anyway. 2.) when I purchased the adaptors at the later date, I was not advised or made aware that there was another carry cot id need to purchase alongside the adaptors. That was opportunity number two to advise me. 3.) nobody seemed to know that I required another carry cot!). The Mothercare-Anniesland Manager called me that afternoon with an introduction and that she had spoken to the Manager at Mothercare-Coatbridge and asked if I told the staff when originally purchasing the buggy if I the intention was for the buggy to be used for two children. I advised the same as I have noted at the beginning of this email. I also advised that ultimately, I felt that I had been miss-sold this product as I believed that it would accommodate two children and that the only additional item id need to purchase was the adaptors. Would I have purchased the item knowing that id need to spend not only the £45 for adaptor but an additional £185 for a twin carry cot, maybe… maybe not. I would probably still have bought a buggy from Mothercare, however if I had known all the information I could have made a better-informed decision on my purchase. The Manager asked me if I had my receipt which unfortunately I had misplaced- but this is where the drama starts again. But, as everything is computerised these days (and that I always get offered an email receipt) and we had to order the buggy in, I was confident it would be on a system somewhere. Apparently Mothercare has two systems, but unfortunately neither had any record of any order from us. Eventually I tracked the payment down to the card I used (I split it across two cards), and they still couldn’t find it. Sounds a little convenient! The order was finally found by contacting the finance department who used the last four digits of my card to track the order. However, was only for the original buggy and not the additional products I bought on the same transaction… again, very strange. The Manager said that she would meet me half way and give me the twin carry cot half price. Very nice gesture. However, I truly believe that I was miss-sold a product (whether that staff haven’t been trained on what to ask, offer and advise, whether staff just try to get whatever money out of customers at that time, or whether it is all just a big one off where the customer has lost out big time… I really don’t know). I advised that I should receive the additional twin carry cot from Mothercare- not because I cannot come up with £92.50 but purely on principle that not only do I believe I was miss-sold a product, but on the original purchase and on the purchase of the adaptors not a single member of staff even mentioned one word about another carry cot that would need to be purchased. Funnily enough, today I visited Mothercare-St Enoch to see if they stocked the twin carry cot which they did and there is a substantial different between the size and shape of the normal carry cot and the twin. What am I meant to do with a £1000 buggy which only seats one child without spending another couple hundred quid to accommodate the other, all based on me, the customer being misinformed/miss-sold a product. In the last couple years, whether on big purchases or just one off drop ins, I believe I have spent the best part of £3500-£4000 in Mothercare between buggies, car seats, clothes, toys, bath seats, stairgates, sterilisers etc etc. Now that’s pretty decent coming from one household. I wish to add that none of the staff throughout this experience have been rude of unhelpful, its just been a dreadful experience all round, and additionally I cant enjoy walks while on my paternity with both my kids in this wonderful weather we have been having. Their reply was generic, there was no compassion and I currently have to find a new way to transport my new born. Thank you mothercare for ruining my two weeks of paternity. Shame on you.
Order was promptly processed and delivery was prompt. No stress at all; leaving me satisfied.
Not always the cheapest place to buy but the standard of products are high and I love browsing online and instore
Managed to get a tommee tippee steraliser set for half the price as mothercare price matched this product. I am very pleased with the steraliser. I got the black one and it looks really smart. The steraliseris also easyto use.
When ordering for click and collect the staff couldn't find my order initially and when they did they couldn't find both boxes (I had to point it out) it was another round of slow service. They're not very proactive and do not have positive energy to help they're customers to the best of their ability.
Ordering on line simple. Very efficient and quick delivery.
Was sold a car seat with isofix base. When I went to collect there was no base, I was told the sales assistant made a mistake. I found the same product online with a base cheaper and they refused to price match. Therefore causing a lot of inconvenience and wasted journies to the store. They did refund the amout over the phone so I had my money back to get the same product online and cheaper!
Had a bit of an issue with a money off voucher, it didn't come off , after 11 emails someone did finally honour it .
Being made aware of discounts so I can purchase at the right time
Fantastic, speedy service. Had to order in a large item (wooden castle) for my son. Made payment on the day and was advised it was in the shop the very next day. The staff were great and had my purchase ready and waiting for me at the till and even offered to help me with the large package.
If you're considering making a gift registry with Mothercare, don't!!! Save yourself and your baby shower guests the hassle! Their website is very buggy and not only did it not update the quantities that my guests purchased off the registry (i ended up with multiple of the same product, which defies having a registry in the first place, also my guests purchased all the products off the link i shared, so it's definitely the website) but it also never updated my delivery address, so my guests had to input that manually as well, despite saying on their website that this part should be automatic. Finally, nobody was picking up the customer care lines for ages (it was at least 40min until someone picked up), they couldn't help or do anything about it. It sounded like someone working in one of the shops picked up who had no clue about customer service. Very poor experience, would not recommend.
One of the best shopping experiences. A lot of help and support when we purchased baby clothes.
Good value for money, awsum baby clothes and shoes
Was unhappy with not received mybwhole order and one item was cancelled even though been on order for a week befor I was told.
Came to pick up a parcel from the Mothercare Store in Colliers Wood; waiting already 30 minutes; I was sent to look for a WC in the shops around as no one can tell me how long it will take to find the parcel; not very convenient when you are 7 months pregnant; while in the store had a look at the sales - lots of baby clothes on the floor; don't think that I will ever shop from here again!
Mothercare's stores are geared up for parents, with excellent facilities available for customer use. I needed to take my toddler shopping in the middle of a week of intensive toilet training and their store made it easy. Some of their stock is a little bit pricey, which is why I only gave 4 stars, but otherwise they have a nice range of quality products and staff are generally friendly and helpful.
My item did not arrive after 3 weeks of ordering. A month after cancelling the order, I have still not received my money.
Mothercare is rated 3.42 based on 162 reviews