Jessops Reviews

3PM
3PM

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does Jessops deliver?

How can I contact Jessops?

About Jessops: Shop online for digital cameras, digital SLR cameras, lenses, camcorders, printers, memory cards, camera accessories, camcorder accessories at Jessops

advice@jessops.com

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Jessops made you happy

"bought a digital camera off these jokers last week , asked for a simple one without wifi . was told i would need a card to plug into machine which they sold me . turns out yhey sold me something totally incompatible which only fits certain computers . jessops could not care less that they missold me a product that is unusable and suggest i spend more money buying various adaptors to fit my machine . seems the salesman is just a wideboy who values any sale over finding the right product for the customer . steer clear of jessops otherwise you will end up buying stuff which does not work !"
Are you Jessops? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Jessops receives and that when things do go wrong, you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"I ordered a Christmas present for my daughter on 23/11. I payed by PayPal and funds were taken out of my account immediately. I did not receive any email either confirming the order or telling me it was out of stock. I phoned the customer line and then was told it was out of stock. I asked when stock would be available- they told me they would get back to me. Despite giving then 2 phone numbers and an email address I heard nothing for two days. I rang back.... was told item would be in stock on Friday 1/12. At 19.45 on the Friday I received an email to say funds could not be taken ( I checked and PayPal has returned the money to my account) the email said my item was held in dispatch (telling me that it was being held until payment came through) I phoned 9.00 Saturday morning 1/12 and gave my card number to pay fo my item... when i asked what day my item would be delivered I was told it was out of stock!!! I then told the sales assistant to cancel my order immediately. She told me she had cancelled the transaction. However when checking my back account the funds had been taken out! Who knows when I will receive it back!! My whole experience with Jessops has been completely disappointing. Their communication is extremely dire. Shocking that a long standing company do not have resources in place to communicate efficiently with their customers... they’ve just lost another one."
"I ordered a Christmas present from Jessops during black Friday. A week later after not receiving it I contact customer service who say it is out of stock and they have no date when it will be in stock. I had no idea it was out of stock. When I ask if i can cancel the order I am given a phone number to call, I call a number of times but get no answer. I have now emailed customer services but don't hold out much hope. The item will simply be returned if and when it is received. Another customer lost."
"my daughters dog died, we decided to get a canvas print of the dog to hang on her wall. took the picture in and collected the canvas print the next day. couldn't really inspect it in the shop because it had been parceled up, and we didn't want to risk it getting damaged going home on the bus. when we got it home and opened it, we were upset about the quality. the picture was too dark on one side, and you could only really see one side of the face. Now I know the picture was a little dark on one side, but you could see the face, and also why didn't someone ask us or gave us advise about lightening the picture slightly ??? no one advised us about any of this. When i rang up the next day to discuss with the store. i was told they still had the picture on file, and yes it could have been made lighter. But if i wanted it doing I would have to pay another £28. I put my trust in the store to advise me, and they failed to do this. My advise to anyone wanting a canvas print from Jessops to make sure you go it prepared with all the questions you have, because THEY wont advise you... Really not impressed with them."
"very helpful staff"
"Ordered a pair of Bushnell Binoculars at 7.10 p.m. on a Thursday evening, and they arrived the next morning at 11.15 a.m., and the price was the cheapest anywhere. Can you beat that for service!?"
"Great customer service team support. Order dealt with efficiently and dispatched speedily. Cannot fault."
"Really bad!!! Bought online...no stock but take money upfront...you can call more times them or your bank someone refund your money!! Do not use them...never answered for any email...call is terrible long time waiting...just keep your money but do not give you anything."
"Very disappointed by the service provided by Jessops to professional photographer I placed an order for a Fuji X-T3 in the Oxford Street shop on 20 September 2018 and paid the full price of £1,349 upfront. Since I am a full time professional photographer, I asked when the camera will be delivered and I was told that will happen in maximum 2 weeks from placing the order - which would have been no later than 04 October 2018. On 25 September 2018 I contacted Sales Customer Support by calling 0344 800 4444 to request an update on the order. They have told me I was going to have the camera delivered at home on 08 October 2018, as it was expected to arrive in the store on 05 October 2018 according to the pre-order waiting list they had. On 08 October 2018 I have called the Sales Customer Support line again to request an update as no camera was delivered. The reply I got was that most probably my camera was going to be delivered on 15 October 2018 as they were expecting a new batch to be delivered on 12 October 2018. They were going to check again and call me back to confirm the delivery date - unfortunately nobody called me with an update. I called back on 15 October 2018 for an update, explaining the fact that since I have traded in an older camera for this new one, I was counting on having the new body for work commitments. This time, they could not confirm a delivery date - the answer I got was that they have absolutely no information for me and that they will call me back with an update. It is now 18 October 2018, I did not receive the camera I have ordered and paid in full since 20 September 2018 and I did not even receive a courtesy call back from the Jessops team despite their promises. I find this to be completely unprofessional and disappointing from a business of such calibre. Besides the fact that the camera is essential for my work commitments, I would not have placed the order and paid it in full until there was enough stock available so I could receive it in a reasonable timeframe. I paid for the new camera in full and traded in the other camera body on the premises the new one was going to be delivered to me in 2 weeks' time. The promised 2 weeks delivery date have now become 1 month and no updates from the Jessops team. Frankly, I feel disrespected and let down - especially since every time I called I explained the situation and despite promises for call backs with updates, nobody called me back! This was not the first time I bought from Jessops, but it will surely be the last and I will share my unhappy customer experience with other photography professionals."
"I purchased a camera from jessops. The courier company lost it, not jessops fault I know but jessops customer service was absolutely diabolical. They promised to call me back, they didn't. They rarely responded to my emails. They took three weeks to refund my money and the whole experience was extremely stressful. I would not recommend this company at all."
"Their local shops are good but Jessops.com is terrible in terms of customer services. Asked to cancel the order by filling in the online form but none acted. After called number of times the order was cancelled but until chased again a week late a refund was then finally issued."
"Great Pricing (They'll Price Match nps). Easy to use online website. Quick Dispatch too & a Large stock of just about all your Photography needs including all the major brands etc... Returning Customer so they must be doing something right as I'm Fussi whom I buy from ;)"
"After having made an order for over £3500 of equipment I have received nothing from them other than the initial invoice. No communication to stay if or why there is a delay or when I can expect it, nothing! So far I've waited 4 days for a reply to an email I sent them requesting an update on my order, and still no reply! Used the chat function on their site and was told to call them as they couldn't access personal info etc on there, which left me thinking what is the point of this function if they cant access basic customer info! If I could rate it with less than one star I would. Still waiting for a reply and my goods at the time of writing this. Worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life!"
"I ordered a Fuji X-T20 Kit lens, it stated in stock and available for home delivery 2-3 working days, three days had passed and no sign of the item. I telephoned Jessops and they said it was out of stock!, i therefore asked for an alternative choosing a similar priced item on their website, bearing in mind they stated "IN STOCK" and was again told - we do not have the item in stock, but we have "ex demonstration models", I had to choose an alternative item in a different colour for the Fuji X-T20 because this particular item was in stock. This has happened to me before with Jessops, they certainly have lost their lucid appeal... Avoid and go elsewhere, they are misleading customers, shame on you Jessops...."
"Pre ordered a lens, 2 months later I received an email to say lens was in stock and would be with me next day. After several days I phoned to ask where my lens was only to be told they don’t have, never had and didn’t know when the lens would be in stock, this still didn’t stop them taking my money! After over half an hour on the phone chasing my lens or refund, I was promised by Ben Ford ‘contact centre team leader’ that my money would be refunded the next day, surprise surprise the money has still not been refunded, so now I am losing intrest on my £700 that is missing from my account while Jessops are receiving the interest that is rightfully and legally mine. I hope Peter Jones runs his other businesses better than this or Jessops runs the risk of heading in the same direction as last time. Due to their poor customer service Jessops have now lost another customer who spends several thousands every year on new equipment. I’m guessing I will receive the standard automated (copy and paste) reply of “If there is anything we can assist with in the future please do not hesitate to get in touch, Kind regards”"
"The print quality is extremely good, maybe the best but when ordering online they print the order in Germany so the wait for the order is too long and mine was lost so ive waited a month so far for my order."
"Show items in stock which they don t actually have! Never answer the phone when you try and chase."
"Ordered a camera from Jessops and they failed to deliver on time. We waited at home for four days and then told the camera had been lost by UKMail. I requested a refund but was denied this by Jessops as they said they had to find the camera first. Finally the camera arrived a week later and was offered no compensation after being informed we would be compensated once the camera had been delivered. Customer service is appalling!! NEVER buy anything from Jessops!"
"Went into the York store today for a 10x8 photo print...staff were amazing. Helpful, polite and friendly. Highly recommended!"
Jessops is rated 2.47 based on 34 reviews