Jessops Reviews

43% of reviewers recommend Jessops

How would you rate Jessops ?

"After having made an order for over £3500 of equipment I have received nothing from them other than the initial invoice. No communication to stay if or why there is a delay or when I can expect it, nothing! So far I've waited 4 days for a reply to an email I sent them requesting an update on my order, and still no reply! Used the chat function on their site and was told to call them as they couldn't access personal info etc on there, which left me thinking what is the point of this function if they cant access basic customer info! If I could rate it with less than one star I would. Still waiting for a reply and my goods at the time of writing this. Worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life!"
"I ordered a Fuji X-T20 Kit lens, it stated in stock and available for home delivery 2-3 working days, three days had passed and no sign of the item. I telephoned Jessops and they said it was out of stock!, i therefore asked for an alternative choosing a similar priced item on their website, bearing in mind they stated "IN STOCK" and was again told - we do not have the item in stock, but we have "ex demonstration models", I had to choose an alternative item in a different colour for the Fuji X-T20 because this particular item was in stock. This has happened to me before with Jessops, they certainly have lost their lucid appeal... Avoid and go elsewhere, they are misleading customers, shame on you Jessops...."
"Pre ordered a lens, 2 months later I received an email to say lens was in stock and would be with me next day. After several days I phoned to ask where my lens was only to be told they don’t have, never had and didn’t know when the lens would be in stock, this still didn’t stop them taking my money! After over half an hour on the phone chasing my lens or refund, I was promised by Ben Ford ‘contact centre team leader’ that my money would be refunded the next day, surprise surprise the money has still not been refunded, so now I am losing intrest on my £700 that is missing from my account while Jessops are receiving the interest that is rightfully and legally mine. I hope Peter Jones runs his other businesses better than this or Jessops runs the risk of heading in the same direction as last time. Due to their poor customer service Jessops have now lost another customer who spends several thousands every year on new equipment. I’m guessing I will receive the standard automated (copy and paste) reply of “If there is anything we can assist with in the future please do not hesitate to get in touch, Kind regards”"
"The print quality is extremely good, maybe the best but when ordering online they print the order in Germany so the wait for the order is too long and mine was lost so ive waited a month so far for my order."
"Show items in stock which they don t actually have! Never answer the phone when you try and chase."
"Ordered a camera from Jessops and they failed to deliver on time. We waited at home for four days and then told the camera had been lost by UKMail. I requested a refund but was denied this by Jessops as they said they had to find the camera first. Finally the camera arrived a week later and was offered no compensation after being informed we would be compensated once the camera had been delivered. Customer service is appalling!! NEVER buy anything from Jessops!"
"Went into the York store today for a 10x8 photo print...staff were amazing. Helpful, polite and friendly. Highly recommended!"
"Worst service ever and faulty product. Bought wife's Xmas present online. Product was faulty so got return code from customer services. Advisor informed me that refund would take 2 working days from returning to store. Returned to store and manager gave written receipt (02/01/18). 20 days later still no refund. Despite having phoned customer services about 15 times speaking to different advisor each time. Despite emailing about 5 times a day. Despite lots of assurances that the product would be 'booked for a refund'. Then, eventually after told this lots of time, one advisor took my card number and supposedly actioned an immediate refund. That was 3 days ago and still no refund. 22/01/18. How are these cowboys still in business?? I'll be contacting Trading Standards if I don't have my refund by tomorrow. My first and last experience of buying with jessops. Avoid!"
"Jessops – the worst ever online customer service. I have bought nearly £2000 Pentax camera with 3 years extended warranty (one order). They didn’t have a camera in stock and asked me to wait 2 weeks for new deliveries. I could wait so long so I have cancelled the order. But they didn’t cancel my extended warranty (£150) and they charged me for it. I have a warranty for the camera which I don’t own! I had numerous conversation with the Jessops customer service – managers, normal workers, online chats – you name it.. And every single person told me that they will refund the warranty… But none of them did! I still haven't got my money back. People in Jessops customer service are liars !!!"
"Absolute worst experience ever. I bought a Canon Camera online on the Black Friday promo for 1,249.00 GBP. Was supposed to be delivered next day. It wasn't. I was flying out. A week later. Still nothing. I asked if I could pick it up in a store. They told me they had one in Oxford Street Branch, but I would have to pay for it again in store. And they would refund the other payment of 1,249.00 GBP. I had no choice. I did. So, I paid twice and only got 1 item. They never refunded my money 1 month later. They gave all excuses on the earth. Eventually, I raised a dispute with PayPal. Jessops never told PayPal they did not deliver it. Instead they gave them tracking details for an item that was never delivered. So, they tried to take my money twice for 1 item. Eventually, I got my refund after 6 weeks of the purchase online. WORST EVER COMPANY. THEY HAVE NO CLUE. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM. BUY ON AMAZON."
"Quick efficient service and e mails to help me track the delivery"
"Quick efficient service and e mails to help me track the delivery"
"Great website, popular items made it easy for me to find what i was looking for. Item arrived earlier than expected. !"
"Excellent service with next day free delivery to my local store, great instore guidance from the staff too. Always feel very secure dealing with this company and prices are pretty spot on too"
"I found their 'help' hilarious."
"Superb offers for camera enthusiasts."
"Ordered over £1000 worth off them, one item was on back order. Emailed through their website twice, no response to request for lead time or if they could split my order. Ended up phoning to get told they couldn't split order as it was 'on finance', as I'd used Buy Now, Pay Later to keep £1000 in my savings account a little longer. Order finally despatched using UK Mail, the worst couriers in the British Isles, twice attempted delivery allegedly, when I was at work, but neighbours were home. Why a brand like Jessops offer next day delivery with such an awful logistics partner is beyond me! Won't be buying off them again until they use decent couriers"
"At first the delivery company but a second let down??? come on Jessops sort it out Part One I ordered a camera from Jessops online as the shop near me didn't have the model in stock. They were very kind and offered to get it in for me but unsure if they could have it by the next day. Online however could get it to me next day and if I paid the extra for the Saturday delivery then the camera would be here in time for the the wedding. I know by ordering it on the Friday morning it was a close call to have it for the Sunday but being guaranteed next day i was happy with that and they had been very helpful with everything from deciding on the model etc. So Saturday came and nothing showed up and it was about 11:30am, not too worried at this point until I received an email from UK MAIL saying they had attempted delivery and there was no one available. I had only been there all morning with the door open sitting about 2 meters from it waiting for my camera as I couldn't wait to get it up and running. After the email I called every number I could find but with UK Mail you cant actually talk to a HUMAN. I checked out the GPS where they attempted delivery and it was no where near my address. all in all a poor attempt and UK Mail have failed Jessops from probably attaining a 5 star review. I know its not their fault but the over all experience has been bad. Just to add, its now Monday evening and I am writing this review still without a camera as UK Mail have still not delivered it yet, however after my Twitter question they have responded by saying "the delivery driver did knock hard on the blue door" My door is white and it was open. yes this review is a dig at UK Mail not Jessops. The service here is great but if you order online just make sure UK mail don't have the job of delivering it, its not the first time they deliver to the wrong places... Ok so I thought i would do a quick update on what I originally said above as I' currently 4 month down the line and still waiting for a camera. The above at the time what I wrote is still true, the sales team were good at selling me the camera and recommending their products and the delivery company is rubbish. Part 2 Since my first order I have tried on many occasions to purchase the same camera after I tried to reorder after the last lot of issues but not having to pay the extra for quick delivery but they have been out of stock online and instore everytime I have tried. After visiting the store the third time they said they would call me if they got stock in and I could come and pick one up but that never happened and no calls back. Anyway 4 month on from originally trying to get one they appear online and I order one last Friday morning (30th June). Saturday afternoon I get an email saying my order has been put on hold as the delivery address was not the same as my billing address (work address as that's where i will be). anyway after calling several times I make a complaint online and I get a call 30 mins after and get that cleared up. I was told my order would not be with me on the Monday but it will be there on the Tuesday. ok fair enough one day isn't going to hurt. Its now Friday again so a whole week has gone and no camera. I did email Wednesday to check if it has been delayed or why it hasn't got here yet but still no reply and as you know with post and deliveries it can be a day or 2 either way. but its FRIDAY and still nothing, no reply, no notifications nothing. What is going on JESSOPS? talk about customer service. here's me giving a good review about you only to let me down again with no communication at all. no camera again even after the last muck up and told I would be looked after if I made another purchase FFS yous are a joke. I've reduced your rating to 1 stars and that's being generous If there was any other company selling the product I want then I would have went there instead, unfortunately there isn't and I've had to re order from you only to be left hanging and waiting on it turning up. This Time we cant blame the delivery company, surely there should be some kind of communication."
"Excellent customer service."
"Good advice and service providing camera recommendations. Didn't try to up-sell and appreciated what I was looking for and the budget I had."
Jessops is rated 2.76 based on 21 reviews