Jessops Reviews

9AM

advice@jessops.com

Category:
Business & Office

How would you rate Jessops ?

"Very disappointed by the service provided by Jessops to professional photographer I placed an order for a Fuji X-T3 in the Oxford Street shop on 20 September 2018 and paid the full price of £1,349 upfront. Since I am a full time professional photographer, I asked when the camera will be delivered and I was told that will happen in maximum 2 weeks from placing the order - which would have been no later than 04 October 2018. On 25 September 2018 I contacted Sales Customer Support by calling 0344 800 4444 to request an update on the order. They have told me I was going to have the camera delivered at home on 08 October 2018, as it was expected to arrive in the store on 05 October 2018 according to the pre-order waiting list they had. On 08 October 2018 I have called the Sales Customer Support line again to request an update as no camera was delivered. The reply I got was that most probably my camera was going to be delivered on 15 October 2018 as they were expecting a new batch to be delivered on 12 October 2018. They were going to check again and call me back to confirm the delivery date - unfortunately nobody called me with an update. I called back on 15 October 2018 for an update, explaining the fact that since I have traded in an older camera for this new one, I was counting on having the new body for work commitments. This time, they could not confirm a delivery date - the answer I got was that they have absolutely no information for me and that they will call me back with an update. It is now 18 October 2018, I did not receive the camera I have ordered and paid in full since 20 September 2018 and I did not even receive a courtesy call back from the Jessops team despite their promises. I find this to be completely unprofessional and disappointing from a business of such calibre. Besides the fact that the camera is essential for my work commitments, I would not have placed the order and paid it in full until there was enough stock available so I could receive it in a reasonable timeframe. I paid for the new camera in full and traded in the other camera body on the premises the new one was going to be delivered to me in 2 weeks' time. The promised 2 weeks delivery date have now become 1 month and no updates from the Jessops team. Frankly, I feel disrespected and let down - especially since every time I called I explained the situation and despite promises for call backs with updates, nobody called me back! This was not the first time I bought from Jessops, but it will surely be the last and I will share my unhappy customer experience with other photography professionals."
"I purchased a camera from jessops. The courier company lost it, not jessops fault I know but jessops customer service was absolutely diabolical. They promised to call me back, they didn't. They rarely responded to my emails. They took three weeks to refund my money and the whole experience was extremely stressful. I would not recommend this company at all."
"Their local shops are good but Jessops.com is terrible in terms of customer services. Asked to cancel the order by filling in the online form but none acted. After called number of times the order was cancelled but until chased again a week late a refund was then finally issued."
"After having made an order for over £3500 of equipment I have received nothing from them other than the initial invoice. No communication to stay if or why there is a delay or when I can expect it, nothing! So far I've waited 4 days for a reply to an email I sent them requesting an update on my order, and still no reply! Used the chat function on their site and was told to call them as they couldn't access personal info etc on there, which left me thinking what is the point of this function if they cant access basic customer info! If I could rate it with less than one star I would. Still waiting for a reply and my goods at the time of writing this. Worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life!"
"I ordered a Fuji X-T20 Kit lens, it stated in stock and available for home delivery 2-3 working days, three days had passed and no sign of the item. I telephoned Jessops and they said it was out of stock!, i therefore asked for an alternative choosing a similar priced item on their website, bearing in mind they stated "IN STOCK" and was again told - we do not have the item in stock, but we have "ex demonstration models", I had to choose an alternative item in a different colour for the Fuji X-T20 because this particular item was in stock. This has happened to me before with Jessops, they certainly have lost their lucid appeal... Avoid and go elsewhere, they are misleading customers, shame on you Jessops...."
"Pre ordered a lens, 2 months later I received an email to say lens was in stock and would be with me next day. After several days I phoned to ask where my lens was only to be told they don’t have, never had and didn’t know when the lens would be in stock, this still didn’t stop them taking my money! After over half an hour on the phone chasing my lens or refund, I was promised by Ben Ford ‘contact centre team leader’ that my money would be refunded the next day, surprise surprise the money has still not been refunded, so now I am losing intrest on my £700 that is missing from my account while Jessops are receiving the interest that is rightfully and legally mine. I hope Peter Jones runs his other businesses better than this or Jessops runs the risk of heading in the same direction as last time. Due to their poor customer service Jessops have now lost another customer who spends several thousands every year on new equipment. I’m guessing I will receive the standard automated (copy and paste) reply of “If there is anything we can assist with in the future please do not hesitate to get in touch, Kind regards”"
"The print quality is extremely good, maybe the best but when ordering online they print the order in Germany so the wait for the order is too long and mine was lost so ive waited a month so far for my order."
"Show items in stock which they don t actually have! Never answer the phone when you try and chase."
"Ordered a camera from Jessops and they failed to deliver on time. We waited at home for four days and then told the camera had been lost by UKMail. I requested a refund but was denied this by Jessops as they said they had to find the camera first. Finally the camera arrived a week later and was offered no compensation after being informed we would be compensated once the camera had been delivered. Customer service is appalling!! NEVER buy anything from Jessops!"
"Went into the York store today for a 10x8 photo print...staff were amazing. Helpful, polite and friendly. Highly recommended!"
"Worst service ever and faulty product. Bought wife's Xmas present online. Product was faulty so got return code from customer services. Advisor informed me that refund would take 2 working days from returning to store. Returned to store and manager gave written receipt (02/01/18). 20 days later still no refund. Despite having phoned customer services about 15 times speaking to different advisor each time. Despite emailing about 5 times a day. Despite lots of assurances that the product would be 'booked for a refund'. Then, eventually after told this lots of time, one advisor took my card number and supposedly actioned an immediate refund. That was 3 days ago and still no refund. 22/01/18. How are these cowboys still in business?? I'll be contacting Trading Standards if I don't have my refund by tomorrow. My first and last experience of buying with jessops. Avoid!"
"Jessops – the worst ever online customer service. I have bought nearly £2000 Pentax camera with 3 years extended warranty (one order). They didn’t have a camera in stock and asked me to wait 2 weeks for new deliveries. I could wait so long so I have cancelled the order. But they didn’t cancel my extended warranty (£150) and they charged me for it. I have a warranty for the camera which I don’t own! I had numerous conversation with the Jessops customer service – managers, normal workers, online chats – you name it.. And every single person told me that they will refund the warranty… But none of them did! I still haven't got my money back. People in Jessops customer service are liars !!!"
"Absolute worst experience ever. I bought a Canon Camera online on the Black Friday promo for 1,249.00 GBP. Was supposed to be delivered next day. It wasn't. I was flying out. A week later. Still nothing. I asked if I could pick it up in a store. They told me they had one in Oxford Street Branch, but I would have to pay for it again in store. And they would refund the other payment of 1,249.00 GBP. I had no choice. I did. So, I paid twice and only got 1 item. They never refunded my money 1 month later. They gave all excuses on the earth. Eventually, I raised a dispute with PayPal. Jessops never told PayPal they did not deliver it. Instead they gave them tracking details for an item that was never delivered. So, they tried to take my money twice for 1 item. Eventually, I got my refund after 6 weeks of the purchase online. WORST EVER COMPANY. THEY HAVE NO CLUE. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM. BUY ON AMAZON."
"Quick efficient service and e mails to help me track the delivery"
"Quick efficient service and e mails to help me track the delivery"
"Great website, popular items made it easy for me to find what i was looking for. Item arrived earlier than expected. !"
"Excellent service with next day free delivery to my local store, great instore guidance from the staff too. Always feel very secure dealing with this company and prices are pretty spot on too"
"I found their 'help' hilarious."
"Superb offers for camera enthusiasts."
Jessops is rated 2.48 based on 25 reviews