Books Go Social Reviews

00 353 86 8369254

lob@yourasms.com

5 Dame Lane

Tell us how Books Go Social made you happy

"Stay away from BooksGoSocial. When you buy the silver membership they guarantee a placement on Net Galley. I joined, paid my money and they emailed me to say "there's a possibility Net Galley might not want to list it (my book)." Caveat Emptor - let the buyer beware!"
Hi, does this refer to the book "How To Be An Escort?" As we say, we are happy to refund you in full. We advise you to change the title of your book and its cover to help it sell. We are offering to refund you in full if you don't like our advice. Books with no reviews, a stock Amazon cover and a title unlikely to appeal to a wide audience are unlikely to do well and we reserve the right to refund you if you are unwilling to take advice.
"A few months ago I misunderstood something and gave BGS a poor review. This is to set the record straight. BGS are one of the good guys in indie promotion - possibly the best. They have a wide range of services, which are operated with energy and efficiency. They almost invariably do what they say, and on the very rare occasions they can't they offer a refund - and there aren't many organisations in this business that will do that! I recommend them, and am sorry for the earlier, negative review. I've been on the receiving end of those and know what they feel like."
"I was disappointed to find that BooksGoSocial wanted me to change my book description. Too short, they claimed. They also asked me to get some reader reviews. They offered me a free place on NetGalley, but that means letting people read your book for free, which I do not agree with. I am giving 4 stars because my money was refunded in full and I was given personal advice on how to improve my book description on Amazon. I've never seen a cash refund for promotions before. I wasted hundreds on Facebook ads and had no chance to get my money back. Thank you, BooksGoSocial!"
"The best book promotion service I have found. The only ones who do Amazon ads and provide social promotion. They made a lot of suggestions about my cover and book description, but they also gave me a free ebook cover and edited my description for free. I know some people object to a book promotion service giving advice on covers and descriptions, but BooksGoSocial certainly helped me get my sales going, so I can see the value in what they said. I cannot tell you what I went through with other marketing services. They charged me a lot more. O'Bryan provides a great service, but be warned, you have to be open to changing how your book looks on Amazon. If you hate the idea of making changes to your baby they are not for you."
"Great service! They delivered everything promised. We had an issue with my description on Amazon, but they helped me update it for free. Book sales have def increased. But you do have to be willing to make changes to the way your book is presented,"
"Wish I could give this place 0 stars. What a waste of money. Paid $229 and got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in return. Asked for my refund and was not given it. 30-day period is ridiculous because I'd put trust in a company to do what they say they're going to do and what they're paid to do. I wouldn't recommend this service to anyone. Spend your money somewhere else, rather than giving it to a company that will do absolutely nothing for you."
Hi Nate H. We definitely provide a 60 day money back guarantee. We are happy to extend that for you and refund you in full. Simply email: admin@booksgosocial.com for your full refund,
"BooksGoSocial is a complete scam. Lawrence O'Bryan is a liar and thief. They promise book promotions, but their promotions never yield much in the way with results. I got sucked into their service and paid for a membership and a few of their blitz packages, but never got much in the way of sales, nor could I find their tweets about my book on their twitter account. Their latest is that of Amazon ads. I purchased the package to have my book advertised through their Amazon ads promotion. What happened was 11 days worth of back and forth messages as they rejected book after book after book that I had, telling my that none of mine would sell well, unless I allowed them to make changes to my books. These changes involved me paying them for a new cover and paying them to write a new blurb. My books had been getting decent sales before, but fell into a slump, so I decided to try and give them a boost. When it became apparent that O'Bryan had no intention of fulfilling the service I had paid for, I asked for a refund. He responded by trying to convince me to purchase one of his cover design packages. I asked for a refund six times until he and his staff stopped responding to my inquiries. I finally had to go to their facebook page and leave a public comment stating the issue I was having with them. Immediately afterward, I got my refund, but I shouldn't have had to go to this extreme to get my money back. O'Bryan replied to my comment saying that he believed my books weren't marketable and left a link to my author page so everyone in that group could see that he was right in not fulfilling a service I had paid for. And that's the thing: I HAD PAID FOR THEIR ADVERTISING SERVICE BECAUSE THEY CLAIMED THEY COULD HELP ANY AUTHOR! He was more than happy to take my money, but refused to fulfill the service he promised. After my post on their Facebook page, O'Bryan removed me from all BGS Facebook pages--which you pay to be a part of so that you can connect with other authors when you pay for their membership--and blocked me from ever communicating with him again. BooksGoSocial preys upon Indie authors who are desperate to get the word out about their book. You can easily drop a few hundred dollars on their worthless promotions, but will never see much of an increase in your sales. If your book doesn't sell, they will give you some BS such as, "Some books just don't sell." Then, they will try to talk you into purchasing their other services: cover design, editing, layout and design. And that is how you know they are a scam. They hook you with the promise of advertising your book where you will get lots of sales. Sales never come, so they convince you while you are down to buy their other services. They constantly try to up sell you. Which brings me to their Twitter blitz promotions. They are worthless! The only people who follow their twitter account are other authors who have paid them to promote their books, so they are not looking to buy. O'Bryan counters this by staying that authors buy books. No kidding. But the authors on the BGS twitter page are more interested in selling their own books than in buying someone else's. And there are infinitely more people who are not authors that also buy books and those are the people you want to buy your book. O'Bryan posts supposed proof of actual sales due to his promotions. It is a scam. Don't fall for it. Those images he posts always have the name of the book and author and date blacked out, so all you see are the the sales numbers. The problem is, you cannot verify if what he is posting as evidence is the truth. It is a common sales tactic used by any company promising you massive sales if you pay them to advertise your book. Another reason why this company is a scam, is the fact that they have a book review group where authors participate in review swaps. When I realized what this group was, I refused to participate in it and became inactive. In that group, to get your book reviewed, you have to review another author's book. But here is the real problem with the group: they discourage you from posting anything less than a four star review. If your review of a book is 1 or 2 stars, you are encouraged to send it to the author as a private message and not post it. This makes it hard to believe that the reviews are all honest and skews the reviews on sites like Amazon. I don't have a problem with authors reviewing other authors' books because they have a right to voice their opinion, but I do have a problem with a system that insists only 4 or 5 star reviews be posted because it prevents those who disliked the book from voicing their opinion. And if you do dislike a book and leave a 2 star review, the other authors in the group attack and try to shame you for daring to be honest. STAY AWAY FROM BOOKSGOSOCIAL! They are a predatory company that uses Indie authors naivete to make money. If you dare question them or demand a refund because you think that the did not provide the service you paid them for, they will block you and bad mouth you."
I am sorry to see that you have removed your name from the review.
I am sorry you were not happy with our service. We refunded you in full for your most recent purchase.

The reason we cannot start an ads campaign is that sometimes we recommend that covers or description are changed.

You are not required to use our services for this and we state that in the emails we send out.

In addition:

1. We see no 6 requests for a refund from you. We have no problem refunding people. I have your emails and don't see these requests. The first we knew about your refund request was your post in the Facebook Group.

2. We only block people from our Facebook groups who are selling other services or who abuse others. We do not charge people to enter any Facebook group. Anyone can prove that by trying to join our Author Group here on Facebook, our main group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/booksgosocialauthors/

3. The reason we do not recommend posting a one or two star reviews on Amazon is that this is a form of public shaming, which we do not agree with.

4. We have hundreds of thousands of Twitter followers. They are not all authors. This is provable too.

5. We do not black out the names and contact details of the authors who have given us testimonials. Anyone can visit BGSAuthors.com to verify this.

6. We did not ask you for any payment for updating your blurb.

I accept that we cannot sell all books, but I object to our attempts to help you being twisted and false information presented about us here. We are not perfect, but we are not guilty of the things you claim.

I also object to being called a liar and a thief. I am happy to return all funds paid by you at any time to us.

Laurence O'Bryan - Founder - BooksGoSocial
"Laurence O'Bryan is a liar and a thief. I only went with them because they had a guaranteed refund if they could not sell any books. Their first excuse was that they only sell Amazon Kindle products. I switched reluctantly because Kindle giveaways result in fraudulent sales figures. Upon switching, O'Bryan still could not sell one copy of an excellent sci-fi novel. I contacted his shill Tanja, who would not respond. A $50 robbery by this cutthroat highwayman. AUTHORS BEWARE!!!"
I do object to being called a liar and a thief. We have to tell authors that Amazon.com is the best place to sell books. We do not encourage Amazon giveaways.

But despite that I am happy to return all funds paid by you at any time to us. Email: admin@booksgosocial.com for your refund.

Laurence O'Bryan
"I bought BGS's $149 package. Unfortunately, it produced minimal results--3 sales (at the reduced price required by BGS), incl. 1 sales after a direct mailing program at the last moment. And, to preempt the (what looks like a standard BGS's) response that some books simply don't sell, mine has been selling through other direct mailing (and cheaper) services, as well as for free, through word-of-mouth on GRs. I was just hoping that BGS would be more efficient and multifaceted, and less effort from me would be required. I was wrong. I have to give credit to BGS team: they do respond, albeit not always with very helpful advice, esp. on FB. All in all, not a worthwhile investment for me."
Please contact: admin@booksgosocial.com for a full refund,

We have no problem issuing refunds to any unhappy customer.
"BGS delivers on its promises, provides user support, and offers great ideas to help a writer to bushwhack his or her way through the World Wide Web."
"Author is specified in the preface that how the Elite Power and Social Mobilization is fracturing the initiative and creativity of the human population to live in unrest. Read on and comment …… The World of Aam Aurat & Aam Aadmi -ISBN: 9781642491524 MRP.Rs.160/-"
"I’d been seeking a professional marketing team for several months for my debut contemporary romance, after 2 traditionally published indie non-fiction books. I am all-in with Laurence O’Bryan and Books Go Social for very good reasons. I was provided an in-depth critique of my online footprint, which I thought was pretty decent. The second I read the breakdown from Books Go Social, I knew I was in for it. The marketing template that BGS supplies requires the author to gear up and do a lot of work. A. Lot. Being a successful author today means getting behind your book & sharing information about it everywhere you can on social media. If you buy one of their packages, BGS provides the road map & an incredible team that blasts your book to tens of thousands of people, week after week. But if the author wants to sell books there is a lot she/he must be committed to doing to compliment the efforts by BGS. They can’t do it alone. I began a complete retooling of my online presence. Some of the things Laurence suggested I wasn’t sure how to do or even how to begin. That was in May 2016. I kept reading, watching the BGS videos, and following their advice. Writing blog posts that were specifically targeted to selling my contemporary romance was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to learn. I’m lousy at marketing & I just couldn’t get my head around it, but I kept writing. All of my social media channels had to be reimagined for fiction & contemporary romance only. I turned my Twitter feed inside out. Understanding how you retool your professional profile when you’ve been known for one thing & are now writing something else was a huge lift for me and extremely difficult. BGS showed me the way & opened up a world on Facebook through their groups for authors, reviews, and readers that had me, yet again, regrouping how I used Facebook. However, nothing was more difficult than the redesign and repurposing of my website. The front page is now where all those posts that BGS tweet out can be found & nothing is on that page but my book. All of this & more is why I drafted Laurence O’Bryan as my mentor. Periscope videos, Facebook videos, and just as important is his philosophy in working with authors that include giving back to others. If you’re a serious writer who wants to have a chance at cracking the code on being a successful author, BGS is the place I recommend you begin. However, do not believe you’re going to get reviews, sell books, and be successful if you’re not willing to do the job that every author must do. No one can replace the energy of an author towards their own book. BGS is the other half of this equation. It’s a business partnership, a relationship. Through BGS, I’ve now finally got a book cover that sings the song & mood of my contemporary romance. But guess what, I still need more reviews, I’ve got more marketing blog posts to do, and I’m about to begin writing “Book 2” of my debut series, which means parts of this process start all over again. BGS has delivered everything they promised, including professional challenges to me as an author on what my part is if I want to succeed. You do have to keep in contact, email them, tell them what is and isn't happening, just like you would any other business relationship. BGS will be an integral part of my book marketing in 2017 & I intend to enlist them to help me launch “Book 2.” I’m very grateful for the knowledge I’ve gained and what I continue to learn. BGS is the best friend a fearlessly determined author can have. I cannot recommend Laurence O'Bryan's company, BGS, more enthusiastically. Taylor Marsh, Author of The Beltway Series, Book 1"
"They care and they are inventive unlike a few of the other marketing AIDS"
"Without the BGS club, I don't think I would've learned as much about social media, reviewing, editing and cover design. The eclectic group of people bring so many different ideas that you can solve just about any problem. The many promotions, contests and webcasts really keeps you motivated! I would recommend it to any writer! Tania Raskin, author of "Pink Tootsie" a memoir."
"Twitter promotion for Cancer Vortex was done very well. Although it didnt lead to a surge in sales, at least it helped us gain significant exposure."
"Dear Laurence, I'm sorry to say that I didn't see any impact in my sales. Most disappointing was the email sent to 100000 subscribers (it might have brought 40 sales) + the hero spot on your mail. Maybe you can prove me wrong with the statistics of the Twitter clicks. My book - although having 151 reviews on Amazon.com with an average rating of 4.6 - might just not be right for your audience. I expected a lot more given that a 300 EUR investment with bookbub brings me sales of up to 4500 EUR the following 3 months. (The bad thing is that my new books are not accepted by bookbub.) My 200 EUR investment with BGS brought no ROI worth mentioning. Sorry. Best, Marc"
"BooksGoSocial's marketing for my novels has been invaluable. Their work is now the foundation of my entire marketing program. The provide a top-notch service at a very fair price, and are responsive to my questions and requests. I recommend them highly."
"I purchased a "tweet blitz" package for my time travel romance "Rings of Passage" over the Martin Luther King holiday weekend (in the US) for $39.99. Unfortunately, based on my KDP sales report, I sold no books, not one. Some of the tweets included a link to my book trailer. The views for this trailer only increased by no more than 10. I hate to leave an overall rating of "poor," because BooksGoSocial has always been generous with its promotion packages, going over the tweets originally agreed upon, and I appreciate that. Personnel are very courteous and helpful. However, the rating is based on this particular tweet blitz which really did very little good for me. I wonder if Twitter is falling out of favor, or is perhaps not effective for selling books, as it once was."
Karla,

We want all our clients to be happy with our service. Some books simply don't sell. Have a look at the other reviews to verify that.

If you want your money back, for the Tweet blitz, we will give it to you.

We are the only book promotion company that provides a refund guarantee.

Just email me and you will be refunded within 24 hours. We support authors by ensuring they get a fair service and can test their books in the market without risk.

Laurence O'Bryan
BooksGoSocial.com
"I have used Books Go Social for more than a year now and found their professionalism fantastic! They are quick to respond to emails and their works has always exceeded what I expected. I am very happy with the service and know I will continue to use it."
"They've done a great job of "tweeting" my book."
Books Go Social is rated 3.58 based on 154 reviews