Blackthorn Timber Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Blackthorn Timber

About Blackthorn Timber: Blackthorn Timber Windows specialises in the supply and installation of timber windows, doors and conservatories for all types of property. From traditional sliding sash windows to folding sliding doors, cottage-style windows to modern reversible casements, Georgian or Edwardian bar details or wide expanses of glass, retaining and re-glazing original stained glass or creating something new. Whether your home is urban or rural, Victorian or 21st Century, contemporary or barn conversion, we have the windows and doors to suit it.

"Had both sliding sash & casement windows fitted by Blackthorn Timber. It's a significant investment so we wanted to make sure we got it right. Lee was great at answering our many questions & offering suggestions to make sure we got the spec of windows we wanted - he did site visits & all the measuring. The fitting team were super skilled, with attention to detail and were able to make us some bespoke arches on site which look fantastic. The windows look amazing & have made the house warmer & quieter. Thoroughly professional company & I have no hesitation in recommending them."
"From the initial enquiry to the finished product the service and quality was superb. Cannot recommend enough."
"A great experience. From my initial phone call to the installation of my 12 Sliding Sash Windows I've found Blackthorn Timber Windows to be a professional and trustworthy company to deal with. I would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone."
"Having looked at lots of door options we asked Blackthorn Timber to come up with a design to suite our 1950’s property. We were completely blown away by some of the designs available and the build quality - not to mentions the high security locks. Our new front door has transformed the front of our property and we are delighted with the result."
"So far I have had 11 windows of my Victorian villa replaced by Blackthorn Timber. I was initially hesitant to have the old draughty single glazed windows removed, but I can say now that my house has been transformed! Reduced heat loss, no draughts, reduced traffic noise - all have contributed to the warm and peaceful property which I love."
"The window itself is very attractive, duplicating almost exactly (but with double glazing) the original shape of the Edwardian window. It was also already painted, in long-lasting paint -- a plus compared with other providers we approached. Finally, the sales and fitting experience was a positive one. If we need future timber-work, we will certainly ask Blackthorn."
"Our experience with Blackthorn Timber was very good from first meeting. They were able to answer all the questions we put to them so that we understood exactly what the process would be, and exactly what we could expect from the product. The fitting team were equally good, doing an excellent job and completing on schedule. We are delighted with the quality, appearance, and functionality of our windows, and are happy to recommend Blackthorn Timber."
"We chose Blackthorn to manage all aspects of the replacement of several timber casement and sliding sash windows. We appreciated the no pressure selling style, product knowledge and clear pricing estimates, followed by an excellent installation on the days promised. We are very pleased with the result so far, which has reduced condensation, noise and maintenance."
"From the initial sales contact which was professional, informative and not at all pushy or uncomfortable, to the really first class installers who were friendly, polite and who took a real pride in their job, keen to leave us with an excellent finished product, we couldn’t fault Blackthorn Windows. The final finished product exceeded our expectations and we are just thankful that we made the right decision to give our business to Blackthorn. Stephen & Gillian Teesside"
"We approached Blackthorn Timber with a view to replacing our original exterior doors and windows when the winter temperatures revealed the inadequacies of the original units fitted to our house. Being a listed building the replacement windows and doors had to meet standards of quality and appearance and from our point of view needed to have a long life with low maintenance. I am pleased to say that new windows and doors have exceeded our expectations with much improved insulation and sound quality. We also requested the units to have a dark finish externally and a light finish internally which was carried out without a problem. The team of fitters were swift and totally professional in their work and when finished left us with no areas to clean or redecorate. The difference our new doors and windows have made to the house has been quite incredible and we would definitely recommend Blackthorn Timber."
"The windows look lovely and everyone we dealt with, from the initial sales visit to the installation teams was first rate. Thank you for a great job!"
Blackthorn Timber is rated 5.00 based on 11 reviews