Barclays Reviews

11% of reviewers recommend Barclays

Tell us how Barclays made you happy

Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Over a week
Avg Email Response Time
2 minutes
"Awful services. No one knows exact information. I met 3 staffs and was received 3 different information which wasted me lots of time to come over again. Avoid this bank at all cost!!!"
Are you Barclays? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"The worst bank last year i openned my bank account in barclays i bought the new iphone xs max in octomber i said lets do a phone insurance just in case in december a homless stole my phone in pret a manjer at south kensington i went to police to report it and nothing i asked from the insurance company the lifestyle group to check the cctv and nothing i was in danger and none cared about me they told me from december until today that they gonna contact me tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow and they never did im still paying the insurance every mònth until today is ridiculous they told that im lier and im not everyone not same after one month in january 2019 i found my wats app number in indian groups and foreign people keep calling me until now i changed the sim card i went to police to report it and nothing everyday i call them and they tell me from december they are busy i had so many problems because of them and until now today they dont give me an answer this is" barclays bank " to telling u u are a lier when u are not without know you"
"As a former staff they are the epitome of evil...they only used me..when I changed the re bad customer service and flaws in security..they closed all my accounts and banned me from all products.. Yet they poison the earth..look at Greenpeace..they ruined my life!!!"
"Greedy.. Awful..liars"
"Decided to go to Nottingham City Centre Barclays today. They had closed my local branch down. Got there just before it was opening, which was a very late 10am. This late opening time is ridiculous. At 10am there was a queue of 24 people outside. I chose to go in 10 minutes later.. Guess what? At 10.10am there was a 45 minute wait for counter service. I waited 40 minutes a few months ago. This time I went straight home. Utterly diabolical and unacceptable."
"I know security is important but their recent attempts at improving security is OTT. Why, when a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer without any need to access bank account details are they refusing to reply without me having to go through their tiresome pinsentry procedure. Now on line purchases require the same pinsentry verification process - whats so different with shop purchases?"
"Wrost bank all the time ,wrost customer service by phone,even staff dont know any thing,i am the customer of barclays for 12 years know,apply for credit card limit increase,but says no u r not eligble,my salary and dd is from this acc,so why thay not increase o dont understand and the staff is like to kill me if i hear him more then 5 min,i need to change the bank know netwest and halifax is better"
"Just generally atrocious service and dreadful online banking interface. Only ever 1 till open in branches (other people aimlessly wandering about tho) so when you get the customer with the 45 minute query it all comes to a stop. Open another till when busy ? What ? The online banking and sharedealing used to be quite good. SInce the revamp a couple of years ago it is on the verge of unusable - frustrating, slow, klunky and illogical. I haven't done a share deal with Barclays since. Some quite pleasant people work there but don't expect any kind of helpful or efficient service from the Barclays service "system" itself. Been with them 43 years but no longer my main bank, obviously !"
"Queuing for 20 mins at warrington 22/08/19 Only 1 person on till to help 2 floating ladies seem to help small enquiries but stand chatting ! Why can no one jump on the empty till and help out? One man worried about parking fine. Just rediculous"
"Terrible online banking service, always has an error never works correctly. Try to download statements clumsy to use. BARCLAYCARD PLEASE FIX YOUR WEBSITE IT'S 2019!!!"
"My worst banking experience. Call Center is in the Phillipines and they are unable to answer serious queries. You are put on perpetual hold and then the call times out. I have been trying to set up BACS payment for a week. now. Absolute disregard for customer's needs."
"Actual 0 stars. Never used Barclays before. I've been with them for 7 month for my mortgage now they are Completely trying to con me out of more money. Been told one thing by more than one person to then be told its all wrong and surprise surprise Barclays now stand to gain money off me. F joke of a company and staff. Absolute flicking disgusted with them and how I've been treat. Will definitely leave and not use again."
"Aufull don't trust them with you valuable money. Law to themselves. Do what they want. Freeze your money and close account with no notice whatsoever. BE AWARE."
"Worst bank ever do nothing to help none off there customers been with them since I opened my first account and can gladly say I'm in the process off moving every account away from these! Avoid!"
"Avoid the Leeds Moortown Barclay Bank like the plauge. Horrendous staff, 2 smackhead lads behind the counters, the nearly bald short hair chav looks like a crackhead and both act like they have a important and well paid job (delusional c*nt) and a fat ugly african girl with no manners. The so called branch manager is also a gassed up little squirt, avoid this bank at all costs."
"Avoid visiting the Leeds Moortown branch on 390 Harrogate road like the plague. 2 smackhead lads behind the counter on minimum wage and a couple of dirty skanks who make up the numbers. Plenty of other banks who take pleasure in customer service, avoid this bank and its retarded ugly turd staff at all costs."
"Hi, Please stop involving us in your criminal political agendas, I’m straight and tolerant but I don’t have to accept your rainbow on my phone, we have children and it is our right to fully protect them and the process starts from our phones. I’ve taken a decision to close my Barclays account for a unique reason, “ respect me as a non gay person in the same way you are pretending to respect lgbt people and stay neutral” Good bye and see you never again."
"Barclays is a bank, not a political institution. You might consider opening a political side to your business and leave those customers that came to you neutrally to stay in peace. Stop shoving your agendas on our phones. Its really senseless and annoying. You should stay neutral to all your customers. Why we don't see you pushing religious agendas to us, stop this or you will lose customers. I don't want cross, rainbow, red or blue logos reflecting your agendas on my phone. Shame on you. One angry customer who happens to be a Christian, stop violating my right of freedom to live my life the way I choose."
"Shouldn't be promoting personal political agendas whatever the philosophy.. no crosses, crescent moons or rainbows please. Stick to banking and stay out of preaching at down to others. Civil society needs tolerance and that can only be maintained by neutrality."
"Barclays processes are set up to make it maximally difficult to close an account with them. They force you to waste time on branches and endless calls - both during business hours, as they refuse to give this service on weekends. Avoid them."
Barclays is rated 1.52 based on 221 reviews