Yell.com Reviews

Yell.com have a Customer Happiness Grade of C-. Customers love their customer service but are unhappy with their prices and refunds. Full Insights

4% of reviewers recommend Yell.com
9PM
9PM

How would you rate Yell.com ?

"Yell lied to me about the price of payment and then i have a customer from it giving me a bad rating for a very good and cheap job"
"Scam Scam, they will take your money then stop offering support. Only way to get their attention was to stop my direct debit, now I owe them money and left without a website. I will be taking this up with watch dog, and leaving bad reviews on every social media site possible. Please be advised not to use this company. I have prof of lack of support, and a voice recording of them admitting this is common practice. I have no choice but to seek legal advice, as they will not compensate for their mess ups."
"If I could score them lower then I would. I have a small business and they convinced me that they are 'specialists' and that my business would benefit from their 'expertise'. From that day they sold me a lie. Because limited businesses have less B2B contract rights you are locked in to them regardless of the lack of their results. I conducted my own A/B testing on social media over the last 4 months against the 4 months I have been stuck in a Yell contract and I had more sales, more interactions, more traffic doing everything myself with my own settings the I have had with anything Yell has done. The crazy part; I would spend a third of the monthly fee compared to what I am spending with Yell and yet with Yell I have had zero clicks over 4 months. ZERO! I've essentially been paying for NOTHING. Why is it that I can set my own budget a third less than what Yell charge me and get 3,737 clicks in the same 4 month period?!?! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!"
"Everything from start to finish really website is too hard especially for customers to order flowers ( there s no calender function for the to enter delivery day and date and no where to put recipients name and address !!! I only found out this weekend after 10 months of being told this was done - by two guys who have since left yell ( website department) I’m now going to take it further to legal department and ombudsman - someone needs to get somewhere"
"The reviews on here about yell.com say it all! And I couldn’t agree more with them. Absolute daylight robbery with not a single care of who they rob. Apauling company would definitely NOT recommend to anyone!!!"
"Bad service terrible bartender"
"As far as a website is concerned, they provide a very expensive service for very poor results. Next, when it comes to termination Yell makes all kinds of difficulties to prevent you from leaving. No response to emails, no acknowledgment of registered letters, etc. I am afraid that I will need the assistance of a solicitor to terminate all my contracts with them although the initial twelve months period is over. This company is a dreadful nightmare!"
"Just about everything from the start it was chaos it was hard sell I wish I'd never picked up the phone once you sign the contract they don't seem to care the only time they do ring you because your advert is not working just to tell you some more at a higher price this still does not work because even I find it hard to find my advert and I'm looking for it worst bit of advertising I have ever done in 30 years £140 a month for a year they haven't come up with the goods it's nothing like they said it would be I will never deal with this company again and we'll tell anybody else never too as well my contract is coming to an end thank God I don't answer the phone to him anymore as they just cost me money every time I pick it up and tried talking me into something else please please please don't bother using yeah"
"If I could score lower I would. It has been an absolute nightmare since the day I signed up to Yell.com. I have a small business and they convinced me that they are the specialist and that my business would benefit from their expertise. From that day they sold me up the river. They launched my campaigns without even getting my business or product type correct. I sell luxury gift hampers and I wanted to sell nationwide. They set me up as a florist selling within a 5 mile radius?? Since the day it went live I have been in contact trying to get them to put it right. They accepted their failure and waived the first months charge but then didn't even manage to get another campaign set up. They then accepted their failure, and cancelled my contract. At least i thought they did. Turned out they only actually cancelled the PPC and the display add (which was set up for a completely different product type again?) was still active. After months of explaining this was also inaccurate and waiting for Yell representatives to "investigate" and come back to me, which they never did, I then find they have cancelled the display add and decided to send the full contract fees to a debt collection agency to pursue my business. You just can't believe how bad they could be until you make the mistake of signing up with them. I feel like I have ripped off, I really do. They sign you up and then it doesn't matter whether they deliver or not they pursue you for the cost. The most disgusting service I have ever experienced in 20 years of my working life."
"Horrendous company I would avoid like the plague. Pushed my partner into signing upto a 12month contract despite her not being authorized on the account. Secondly they came to our home pushed and kept pushing my partner to sign up to £200 a month PPC contract which she didn't agree to and said she needed to discuss with me first. We never called and authorized yet they have said we did and have tied us into a 6 month contract. Shocking company. Their internal review process basically says tough... And seek legal advice. Rogue company. Let's not get started on the fact that their ads don't provide any leads. HORRENDOUS COMPANY. DO NOT EVEN ENGAGE IN CONVERSATION WITH THEM AS YOULL FIND YOURSELF TIED INTO EXPENSIVE WORTHLESS CONTRACTS THAT YOU NEVER AGREED TO ENTER!!! Plus the fact that they promise to get you to top of the list number 1... When in reality your number 11 and free listings appear above you!! Awful awful company."
"Mis sold a 12 month contract - sales rep told me he could get me position 1 or 2 in my area Local VIP position 1 or 2 as they call it. So you naturally assume you will be top in the areas you are paying for ?? Oh no once listing goes live you are actually 3rd, 4th , 5th or even 6th down the listing as there are sponsored listing above you from the big companies who pay more. Rep did not mention these - so the bill is £87 a month for being listed way down the list Customer services are useless - she just upheld that the sales rep had sold the contract correctly then in the next sentence says maybe it wasn’t explained to me well enough . Fact is it wasn’t explained at all. As a ‘good will gesture’ offered to take 4 months off the bill, still leaves nearly £600 that may as well be thrown in the bin. As the sponsored company at the top of my listings I sub contract for. So who in their right mind if they had been informed correctly would sign up to that. Please be wary of them if you are considering signing up to a contract with them as it’s proving almost impossible to get out of the contract. But I am in the process of seeking advice"
"I put a free listing up with yell then I was called and sold a website for £238 and £42 monthly, I tried to cancel 2 days later when someone told me wix was half the price and much better than yell (which is true), after emailing and phoning customer service and being told I could cancel they then phone me and tell me I can’t and they will get debt collectors on to me. Who knew they would be so expensive and then not give you a 14 day cooking off period and then when you tell them there creation is terrible and you e done better yourself they just don’t care. Steer clear and go to wix"
"Ripp off Britain : Disaster Total Rip off Company, Do not advertise you dont get what they promise no break clause, i got done for £1800.00 with a single signature."
"Cowbows, missold into 12 month contract. Business has ceased trading and they will not honor their own T+C's by cancelling the agreement. Avoid at all costs, rip off merchants."
"Yell.com very bad unprofessional company. They tie you into a yearly rolling contract without telling you and then invoice you for the rest of year when you want to cancel. Then they pass your details to moorcroft debt collection agency. Total scum."
"Awful from every aspect - results, customer service and response"
"JGM Security have installed my burglar alarm today and have done a great job with no mess. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for an alarm. They also have a very good support service."
"I am posting here as I cannot believe the way we have been treated by Yell. We have been a customer for over 15 years. Yell are all fine and dandy if you go by their rules but the moment you want to change anything or reduce advertising they turn nasty. We have had several run ins with accounts managers in the past who have tried to get us to sign up for more than we wanted. Having put our foot down this year and drastically reduced our advertising we are now out of contract and wanted to cancel. Months ago I started the ball rolling for this and despite many e-mails from yell stating that the account has been cancelled I keep getting nasty e-mails stating that my account is overdue. I have e-mailed complaints department, accounts department and account manager and yet it seems the cancellation request has not gone through. Only today I had another chase only this time it was a letter stating that if we don;t pay then they are taking us to court (for £36 might I add!). I called another person in accounts today and they said they could not talk to me as I was not a contact on the account ! infact they could not even find my company with the ticket number I gave them. Yell is an absolute joke. They could not put me through to a manager or supervisor, they keep contradicting, they are patronising. I left a review on trustpilot, they initally responded to apologise and they will look into it and now they have today reported my review! You shouldn't be able to do that , its not right, people have the right to know what lengths they will go to to avoid negative reviews. Absolute joke. No thanks for the last 15 years of advertising then! Beware of Yell."
"Yellow books are obsolete and so is their website. Charging a fixed price for advertising is barbaric and unacceptable for nowadays industry. Use google ads/facebook/instagram to advertise for less than a penny per view with the ability to manually target your demographics. No binding contracts either unlike with yell. Im sure they know that their days are counted so they are at the point where maximizing profits despite harming their own reputation is the only option left. Millenials will push yell out of business and it is only a matter of time."
"Yell are the worst company in the UK. Luckily there are places to complain to who have the power to highlight their awful behaviour! Always review here and on Trustpilot. Those reviews can't be tampered with and are more trust worthy than anything written on a companies website! The public knows this which is why they are so successful!"
Yell.com is rated 1.17 based on 52 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!