Yell.com Reviews

0% of reviewers recommend Yell.com

How would you rate Yell.com?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

11 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Yell.com in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"£54 a month trapped in for a year and absolutely zero enquiries after 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 months. How do I know this? Because I made a separate website and had a separate telephone number for Yell. What did Yell say? Let us review your profile. My profile was up to date, I had good reviews (that I asked my clients to leave on Yell), good photos, good links, clear descriptions. Does my business work? Yes I use Google Ads and everything else is working fine. Do I work for Google no. But I don't want anyone else to waste their money on Yell. £648 for nothing and I can't get out of the contract. I've got 2 months left and can't wait to shut down my campaign with them. My advice to others? Don't waste your money. My advice for Yell? You had a good sales person on the day that convinced me, however you became complacent and didn't move with the ever changing forms of marketing as a result your marketing is weak and out of date. Bottom line to others? Please save your money."
"I think the worst adv. company ever. I really upset about the yell.com. I think just waste of money and time... The result of their adv very poor and they very expensive. Also I have never get what they said or promised to me.. I have to ring them every month, because there is always something wrong. Absolutely not recommend them. My biggest mistake that I have singed a contract for a year!!!"
"everything.terrible service if you need to change anything they get it wrong them blame you for accepting an area that you've never even heard off.cant be bothered to contact when leave messages or complain.awful. do not go with them.ive been totally ripped of"
Billy Coomber
Verified Reviewer
"just terrible terrible service, completely miss sold advertising with promises of lots of work when the phone didn't ring once,the salesman was my best mate and blatantly lied about the amount of work I would get " hello mate, can you handle more work? got loads of waste clearance that needs doing in your area etc" I reluctantly paid the money despite initial reservations but the insistent salesman said I would make the money back in weeks. I complained and they haven't bothered to get back to me, ignoring all emails and phone calls, know i have a threatening letter from the bailiffs chasing me for money!!!" avoid like the plague absolute con merchants and they should be looked into by the watchdog authorities...disgusting!!!!!"
"After 3 months I received letter from their agent Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited stating that I have outstanding balance on my account. I complained to yell, they didn't approve my complain saying that they have no notice of the account termination. Not professional. I will pay them and I will never use them again as I learn that you can't trust these people. I'm really upset as I thought this is a professional marketing business, but I can see they are not. I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!!"
"Would give no stars if it would allow.my advise to anyone that is thinking about doing business with yell...DONT. I’m now stuck in a contract where I’m paying for products that don’t even work.Phone dead. It doesn’t pay for itself.Never ever will I use their services again."
"Complete shysters using auto renewal as a scam to get you to pay for advertising you did not authorise. Avoid like the plague, useless."
"My Initial contact with yell was the via an hour long phone call during which I was subjected to hard sell and agreed to sample their SEO service. However later that day I cancelled the service. Unfortunately yell.com does not understand the meaning of the word cancel and has continued to go ahead, setting up a direct debit instruction against my wishes. Very unethical practice and a matter for Trading Standards."
"Free website that’s a joke,bad grammar and any old photos off the net launched with-out our permission and charged a hosting fee . 4years later unaware the fee was hidden in the overall cost per month discovering this after cancelling Yell! BAD service ,all in the small print apparently.Our loss won’t be going back ."
"We tried this for our business and all the links ended up becoming another businesses. It also messed up the category of our business. We requested this to be corrected and it has been 4 months and still no one bothered to reply. Definitely poor choice and service"
"The worst company, the worst experience in my life. The come to connect cooker, electrician come with granddaughter, no tools, nothing. He took mony for cables and promise to back next day to do his job and he disappear, turned off his phone... don't recommend!! A specially Ron."
Yell.com is rated 1.00 based on 11 reviews